PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Evidence the Refs Have It In For Blue

BlueJayC
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I know it's been beaten to death......I've read all the posts about the refs bogus calls.....non-calls.....etc. and agree that it "seems" like they've been somewhat bias with their calls against the Giants but I thought I'm not gonna comment because what hard facts are there then I came across this stat in a John Clayton article:</P>

There have only been 7 holding penalties in ALL 8 PLAYOFF GAMESCOMBINED so far.......5 have been against the Giants.....so to recap 7 total holding penalties in the entire league over the course of two playoffweeks and 5 have been against the Giants........disgusts me........meanwhile jerseyswere getting torn off the Giants D-Line last week and no flags hit the field...</P>

Now sprinkle in the terrible spots, bs late hits and pity calls for the other team.......frickin frustrating.</P>

</P>

TrueBlue07
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
wow, what an awful stat. Hopefully Guns calls a good came this weekend

TuckYou
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Yeah, well did you see that Snee hold! It was ridiculous! He almost ripped the DLinemans arm off!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>I keep saying it over and over, every call that was very close goes against us. And calls that aren't even close go against us. Vegas is in the house.</FONT></P>

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I know it's been beaten to death......I've read all the posts about the refs bogus calls.....non-calls.....etc. and agree that it "seems" like they've been somewhat bias with their calls against the Giants but I thought I'm not gonna comment because what hard facts are there then I came across this stat in a John Clayton article:</P>

There have only been 7 holding penalties in ALL 8 PLAYOFF GAMES*COMBINED so far.......5 have been against the Giants.....so to recap 7 total holding penalties in the entire league over the course of two playoff*weeks and 5 have been against the Giants........disgusts me........meanwhile jerseys*were getting torn off the Giants D-Line last week and no flags hit the field...</P>

Now sprinkle in the terrible spots, bs late hits and pity calls for the other team.......frickin frustrating.</P>

*</P>I have been saying it approximately half way through the season. It is freaking amazing how we have the top pass rushing defensive line, and we almost never get calls. Yet the opposing team, no matter who they are get numerous amount of holding calls.

Mercury
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Statistically, all that means is that the Giants held more than anyone else in the playoffs. Sorry, but statistically, you need to dissect a larger base of data to make any kind of other conclusion.

jimsgints
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I hear ya.. I read somewhere a long time ago that the refs got extremely upset with the Giant organization due to the giants not supporting the refs strike or hold out. That might be bogus, I don't know, but a sportswriter wrote it and I have no link. sorry.

ashleymarie
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Since Coughlin spoke out about the refs in the Packer game, I am hoping the refs will be fair from here on out. Then again I may be sticking my head in the sand.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Just look at the Atlanta playoff games. 2-3 holds on phantom calls, not one on Atlanta.

Providence
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
78% of all people know that you can use stats to prove anything.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
yeah I know. This is strictly about stats, not that the entire nation watched the epic failures of the Refs during GB game. Then the Atlanta game with the phantom holds and poor spots, no review of spot with less than 2 minutes in half.

BlueJayC
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
78% of all people know that you can use stats to prove anything.</P>

Yeah but 90% of that 78% are only right 50% of the time.......so that clears it up a bit.</P>

TuckYou
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Since Coughlin spoke out about the refs in the Packer game, I am hoping the refs will be fair from here on out. Then again I may be sticking my head in the sand.</P>

Keep dreaming. Even after Tuck called out the Falcons Oline for being dirtbags, do you remember what happened? JPP got hit VERY late and could of been hurt early in the game and no flag. Then we got flagged for something much less. Not to mention JPP being held every play...</P>

Husky
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
When the ATL player took a punch at a Giants player and got no flag, I stopped hoping for an even shake from the refs.

AngryAZN
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM

Guns? Who is the Ref for our game on Sunday? Considering what happened against GB, I am curious as to who we are facing and whether we've had problems with that particular crew already.

The NFL needs to put a stop to this right-away.

BlueJayC
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Guns? Who is the Ref for our game on Sunday? Considering what happened against GB, I am curious as to who we are facing and whether we've had problems with that particular crew already. The NFL needs to put a stop to this right-away.</P>

Ha "Guns"....just noticed that.....Ed Hochuli......</P>

Tony Bruno
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
You saw the odds that the Giants were carrying to win a SB... If the Giants win the SB there will probably no longer be a Las Vegas witht eh amount of money they chance to lose... So whats a few dollars to the refs!!! LOL ;-)

TroyArcher
01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
That is quite amazing if accurate. Especially considering the Saints threw it 60+ times last week. The refs have been horrible. Goodell has shown no guts standing up and demanding better performance by the refs. They should be held to a review by a commitee after each game and when the culprits (those that continually make horrendous calls)are identified they should be banned from future playoff games. Professional refs is the best solution.

Tony Bruno
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
That is quite amazing if accurate.* Especially considering the Saints threw it 60+ times last week.* The refs have been horrible.* Goodell has shown no guts standing up and demanding better performance by the refs.* They should be held to a review by a commitee after each game and when the culprits (those that continually make horrendous calls)*are identified they should be banned from future playoff games.* Professional refs is the best solution.*

They fine the players.. Why not fine the refs??/ Id be looking at it as another great revenue stream for the NFL!!! LOL

jimsgints
01-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Goodell could fix this in a heartbeat. But he won't because the refs sail this ship. The refs control the game and that's all that matters..

yoeddy
01-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Since Coughlin spoke out about the refs in the Packer game, I am hoping the refs will be fair from here on out. Then again I may be sticking my head in the sand.

I think it's less about TC speaking out than it is about the media talking about it. If it was just TC, then the refs could just call it whining...but the fact that every sports media channel has drawn attention to it puts the refs in a tough position and they will need to be extra careful to be balanced and fair...

M0rbid
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM

I think it's less about TC speaking out than it is about the media talking about it. If it was just TC, then the refs could just call it whining...but the fact that every sports media channel has drawn attention to it puts the refs in a tough position and they will need to be extra careful to be balanced and fair...

IMO, these refs could care less. They have their union to back them up.....

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
If it makes you all feel better, The Saints weren't called for a single penalty against us...

M0rbid
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
If it makes you all feel better, The Saints weren't called for a single penalty against us...

I loved how they literally harassed JPP without getting flagged.

pjam84
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
from what i've seen this season, especially in the week 13 game against green bay and during the playoffs, i don't think it's far fetched at all to suggest that the refs have had it in for us, and i don't think it'd be a very crazy idea to think there could be a conspiracy involved.

lets face it....the nfl and vegas wanted green bay and new orleans in the nfc championship, and they want the patriots in the afc. the officiating showed that last sunday, particularly in the nfc games, and it was beyond obvious.

that said, this really works out in our favor come this weekend. clearly it would be in the best interest of the league for a patriots giants super bowl rematch...and i would be willing to bet that if you see any biased officiating this weekend. (really hope we don't) it will probably go against san fran and baltimore. but we shall see.

ultimately, i just want these games to be called fair. it's hard for me to trust the officials after what i saw with our two games against green bay. and if there's any team the nfl and or vegas would have interest in winning this year, it would be green bay. just sayin.....it doesn't smell right.