PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw...Jacobs?

elitime
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Listen I know that the season is not over but I'm the guy who wants Bufict in the draft...but what about Bradshaw and Jacobs? Jacobs is gone in my opinion and I know we signed Bradshaw for a deal. But what about picking up a RB in the draft? Like a lamar Miller from the U? Bradshaw has Foot problems and they will not go away. and Jacobs days are numbered. Is picking a RB carzy? I know we have Scott, but come on do you see him really carrying 30% or 50% of the load? And Ware just sucks. so what do you think?

bflo23
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think RB is the Giants need. I still have confidence Bradshaw especially when I am still seeing good speed and him running over people or breaking tackles. He missed 4 games with the cracked bone in the foot in Nov. but why so sure that it won't go away? Why can't his foot heal? It is mid January now. It looks healed to me with the way he is running. I think the Giants should go for their biggest need in 1st round..... LB.

Firenugget
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
We still have Ware and Scott on the roster as well. Not to mention it's really not worth drafting a RB high. I'm sure if there is talent there in the later rounds we may. I like LB maybe, depending on who's there but imo we need to get a real deal, young LT and/or RT (and probably center to be honest). I'm not convinced Beatty is the guy.

MikeIsaGiant
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Is Bush a FA? I'd like to sign him to replace Jacobs.

1. Bradshaw
2. Bush
3. Scott/Ware would be sick!

elitime
01-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Bradshaw has a condition with his feet where he has to walk on the outsides of his feet. With the postion he plays and as he is continuely running and cutting he will be subject to cracking the same bone in his foot over and over again...this is the second time he has cracked the bone in his foot. And had foot problems in college. It is a condition that will always happen. No doubt he is running well. I'm not saying to draft a Back early but later rounds i would say yes.

elitime
01-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Ware is a no show...so unproven. Scott, well he is not an every down back.

poppa smurph
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Ware is a no show...so unproven. Scott, well he is not an every down back.Hard to prove yourself getting 3 - 4 touches a game.</P>

Needs more confidence in himself and the line imo.</P>

He's made a couple plays the last couple games and is good in blitz pick-ups. </P>

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Going to be a Beast this week!

elitime
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
If the coaches thought Ware was able to do it, then he would be doing it, but he is not the man. He will make a great backup and blitz pick up back. But thats it.

poppa smurph
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
If the coaches thought Ware was able to do it, then he would be doing it, but he is not the man. He will make a great backup and blitz pick up back. But thats it.The guy is a good 3rd back and can step up when needed. He's definetley not the incumbent # 2, but could suprise you if put in a position to battle for the spot.</P>

I wouldn't be too crazy about getting a RB early in the draft. Later rounds if they see something in one of the guys left on the board or FA vet would be my guess.</P>

I'm not happy about it, but, unless Jacobs restructures his deal, he's gone.</P>

B-Red22
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Listen I know that the season is not over but I'm the guy who wants Bufict in the draft...but what about Bradshaw and Jacobs? Jacobs is gone in my opinion and I know we signed Bradshaw for a deal. But what about picking up a RB in the draft? Like a lamar Miller from the U? Bradshaw has Foot problems and they will not go away. and Jacobs days are numbered. Is picking a RB carzy? I know we have Scott, but come on do you see him really carrying 30% or 50% of the load? And Ware just sucks. so what do you think?</P>

Yes I do see Scott carrying 50% of the load in 2-3 years, people forget that Bradshaw was a 7th round pick who was only forced into action his rookie season because Derrick Ward broke his leg, the next season when Ward came back Bradshaw normally only closed out games in the 4th quarter. Wasn't till Bradshaws 4th season till he was the featured back, give Scott time.</P>

elitime
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Scott had 1 good season at Maryland. then he shared carries. Maryland plays alot of weak teams right? He does have good size 5'11" 200lbs. speed..4.33 40 time. Your right lets give him a couple years. And we will see what happens. Maybe they dont draft a back...Jacobs gone...Scott and bradshaw in the backfield. we will see.