PDA

View Full Version : he only thing to fear are TO's

freeoscar
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
the 9ers have feasted on forcing lots of TO's and not giving up many. Its a multiplier effect - gives you short fields, and means your D is rested and rarely has a short field to defend.. We don't even have to win the battle, just minimize ours and we will win. They just won't be able to score enough.
its like the pats of last year who also made very few mistakes during the regular season and forced lots of TOs. When the jets didn't make TOs, it was a whole different ball game for the patriots

AntB
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Yea, when Jacobs has those big runs he has to watch for people sneaking up behind him and popping the ball out.

burier
01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Yea, when Jacobs has those big runs he has to watch for people sneaking up behind him and popping the ball out.

Last time I saw him he looked pretty slow in and out of his breaks so I'm not worried about T.O.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
protecting the ball needs to be tops on the list. The 49ers are great at capitalizing on turnovers, they thrive on it and actually somewhat rely on it to score on offense.

AntB
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
The 49ers D does not "capitalize" on turnovers, they force them. Believe me, there's a difference. A D like Green Bay's, one that is below average, "capitalizes" on turnovers. They're so used to playing with a lead, that they can count on opposing teams going for big plays. Hence why they led the league in interceptions.

The 49ers go out and take the ball away. They're tied for first in total turnovers, they forced the most fumbles, they recovered the most fumbles, and they're like 2nd or 3rd in interception with all but the 1 from Willis coming from their secondary.

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 04:49 PM
We are +4-5 turnovers a game at the Stick.

Alex has only thrown 5 pics all year.. To Eli's 16

Good luck with winning this battle on the road

Yikes

Grimmadog
01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
the 9ers have feasted on forcing lots of TO's and not giving up many. Its a multiplier effect - gives you short fields, and means your D is rested and rarely has a short field to defend.. We don't even have to win the battle, just minimize ours and we will win. They just won't be able to score enough.
its like the pats of last year who also made very few mistakes during the regular season and forced lots of TOs. When the jets didn't make TOs, it was a whole different ball game for the patriots

TO's what? Last I heard, he doesn't play for the 49ers anymore.

ErnieReese
01-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Hit it right on the dot. We're better. Not being biased. I think Niners have a better defense, but our offense is better. Their offense is markedly not as good. Our defense is not markedly not as good as theirs. The Giants' D is pretty darn good. But it won't matter if there are turnovers--I say 2 or more turnovers will lose the Giants the game. Gotta be focused all game long.

I also think our O-Line play will determine whether or not we will lose the turnover battle.

G4L
01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
We are +4-5 turnovers a game at the Stick. Alex has only thrown 5 pics all year.. To Eli's 16 Good luck with winning this battle on the road Yikes</P>

And Eli has a 121.8 QB rating to smith's 103.2. Eli has 29 TD passes to smith's 17. Any other stats you think are morerelevant to the QB position?</P>

G4L
01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
The 49ers D does not "capitalize" on turnovers, they force them. Believe me, there's a difference. A D like Green Bay's, one that is below average, "capitalizes" on turnovers. They're so used to playing with a lead, that they can count on opposing teams going for big plays. Hence why they led the league in interceptions.

The 49ers go out and take the ball away. They're tied for first in total turnovers, they forced the most fumbles, they recovered the most fumbles, and they're like 2nd or 3rd in interception with all but the 1 from Willis coming from their secondary.
</P>

Capitalizing on turnovers refers to what you do after you force them. Getting an INT and scoring a TD on the subsequent drive would be 'capitalizing' on the TO. Getting an INT then going 3 and out and punting would be 'not capitalizing'. Claiming that your team does not capitalize on TO's is a knock against the team your rooting for.</P>

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 07:15 PM

</p>

Capitalizing on turnovers refers to what you do after you force them. Getting an INT and scoring a TD on the subsequent drive would be 'capitalizing' on the TO. Getting an INT then going 3 and out and punting would be 'not capitalizing'. Claiming that your team does not capitalize on TO's is a knock against the team your rooting for.</p>

I was referring to capitalizing on other teams mistakes to get them. Perhaps I worded it wrong however. There's a big difference between capitalizing on other teams' mistake because they need to catch up (like GB's D) and straight up forcing you into turning the ball over like the 49ers do.

East Coast Bias
01-21-2012, 07:38 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Last I heard TO is playing in some arena league dump in Texas.Nothing to fear here
</font>

Eli2Nicks612
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM

Yikes

The Packers were second in that stat, with the difference being +1 turnover every four games, and we all saw how that turned out.

gmen46
01-21-2012, 09:17 PM

Yikes

I guess you've missed the myriad of times on TV when various pundits have commented on Eli and the Giants actually playing as good, or even better, on the road than at home, throughout Eli's career.

After Week 8 this year, Eli's CAREER win-loss records on the road and at home were identical. Exactly the same.

No other team in the NFL can make that claim over the past 8 seasons.

In 2011 Giants are 6-3 on the road, 5-4 at home, including 2-0 in the post season with 1 win at home and 1 win on the road.

Playing on the road is categorically NOT an issue for the Giants with Eli as QB--unless you want to say that we have a slight EDGE on the road.

So, as you so eloquently say-----"YIKES"!!!