PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling too good about this game...

NYGFaninILL
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in.

Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week.

I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one.

I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat.

Talk me up, man. Talk me up.

ny06
01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
If you think for a second the Giants are taking Frank Gore lightly you are crazy. </P>

The Giants are one game away from the Superbowl, and the 49ers are in our way. </P>

Time for the players to strap there chin straps on tight, and knock some opposing players out. </P>

Go Giants...</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Our defense is hot, Smith is good but not that good, we just need to stop the run.

With Osi back and Bradshaw back, I have a feeling our pass defense will be pretty good, and our offense will probably air it out more even with Bradshaw back.

Game last time was 27-27, don't go crazy with law of averages.... I believe it too sometimes, but it's not statistically true obviously.

We're on a 4 game winning streak, it's possible we get 5 and even 6, it's possible for any team

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in. Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week. I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one. I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat. Talk me up, man. Talk me up.</P>

Is that "Chicken Little" in the Avatar[:D][:D]</P>

scf424
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year.

Why can't we?

egyptian420
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Giants want revenge for all the teams that snuck past us in the reg. season. It started with GB, and now its SF's turn.

Not only the revenge factor, but the fact that we're 1 game away from the supeerbowl and we're on fire makes me confident going into this game. Its going to be a dog fight that's for sure, but I think we'll come out on top.

A loss at this point would be more than devastating

RoanokeFan
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year.

Why can't we?

[B]

repeatchamps
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year. Why can't we?

[B]
</P>

EXACTLY! And in 2007 the Giants won 11 straight road games and won the Lombardi trophy.</P>

BigBlueOnes
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think they've faced a defense like ours lately. And, we have TC who's been to the dance before and that has to be worth something. Sure, any given Sunday and all that...but we have the QB factor in Eli and he's been gigantic. Just have to be able to run a bit to control them and open up the passing and I am confident our D can keep Smith in check. If we rush 4 and cover 7, will be a long day for Smith assuming we can keep Gore down like last game.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I was nervous up until yesterday, but not anymore. I'm getting as confident about this game than I was about GB. SF's D may be better, but not by much anymore. We've got our D back and they've been showing what they can do. Our O is significantly better than theirs. They can do some damage on O, but ours is better and our D is going to seriously provde a rude awakening for them.</P>

Davis is their best receiving threat, but Boley and the Giants have gotten progressively better EACH GAME against other elite TEs over the past 4 weeks -- Keller (77 yards), Witten, Gonzalez, Finley (around 44 yards). And Keller and Witten were their teams'top receivers in those respective games against the Jets and 'boys and all they got were 77 yards and I believe 69 for Witten. Gonzalez got something in the 50s I believe, and Finley had something like 44. If Boley needs some extra help once in a while, it'snot going to kill us because their WRs don't need to be doubled.</P>

They're best WR is Crabtree? Webster is more than a match for him. We'll have plenty of bodies to through at Gore AND Smith. Call me crazy, but I think our run D will be fine against their run O. And even though our offensive line isn't great for the run, I think AB is going to be the best back in this game. Not Gore, not their other RB, not Jacobs...but AB. Just a suspicion based on his excellent balance, low center of gravity, and he's already hard to tackle to begin with.</P>

Their special teams are great, but our is at least very solid. Field position will be key, and I think we'll do enough to win this.</P>

Giants: 27 / SF: 20 -- don't be surprised if we win by 13 - 17 points.</P>

WORLDCHAMPS
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in.

Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week.

I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one.

I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat.

Talk me up, man. Talk me up.

grow a set, man...grow a set.

We are executing on all sides of the ball. We are here for a reason. Dont be afraid of weather...Dont be afraid of jinxes....afraid of their D...We have an EXPLOSIVE O - A hungry D...and we are Going to win this game hell or high water!!!!

repeatchamps
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
I was nervous up until yesterday, but not anymore. I'm getting as confident about this game than I was about GB. SF's D may be better, but not by much anymore. We've got our D back and they've been showing what they can do. Our O is significantly better than theirs. They can do some damage on O, but ours is better and our D is going to seriously provde a rude awakening for them.</P>

Davis is their best receiving threat, but Boley and the Giants have done very well against other elite TEs over the past 4 weeks -- Keller (77 yards), Witten, Gonzalez, Finley (around 44 yards). and Keller and Witten were their teams'top receivers in those respective games against the Jets and 'boys. They're best WR is Crabtree? Webster is more than a match for him. We'll have plenty of bodies to through at Gore AND Smith. Call me crazy, but I think our run D will be fine against their run O. And even though our offensive line isn't great for the run, I think AB is going to be the best back in this game. Not Gore, not their other RB, not Jacobs...but AB. Just a suspicion based on his excellent balance, low center of gravity, and he's already hard to tackle to begin with.</P>

Their special teams are great, but our is at least very solid. Field position will be key, and I think we'll do enough to win this.</P>

Giants: 27 / SF: 20 -- don't be surprised if we win by 13 - 17 points.</P>

</P>

Also, Webster was a little banged up last week going into the GBgame and it was noticeable at times believe me. GB dropped (or Rodgers missed)a lot of open passes andthe majority was against Webster and Webster was not on these guys like glue by any stretch when those throws fell incompletelol. I am hoping he will benefit from a less taxing task than covering GB's WR's this week and I hope he is not hindered in any, way, shape or form by the hamstring which is what was bothering him during practice last week.</P>

NYGFaninILL
01-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in. Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week. I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one. I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat. Talk me up, man. Talk me up.</P>

Haha, yes. I had it since the preseason with the whole sky is falling because of injuries and not signing anybody thing

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Web's hammy? Oh great. Okay, we're screwed. ;)

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.midol.com/img/products/icon_complete.jpg (http://www.midol.com/menstrual_complete_caps.html)+[B]

ikebibby91
01-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Man Up!! No way the Giants lose, they are the better team. I like the level of maturity that I'm hearing from them ,Coughlins oldschool ways have sunk in well and the Secondary plays angry, All the great DB's and Safeties are kinda evil, meaner than the big guys. Eli is the real deal and will get the ball down field. Brandon going North and South will wear down their LB's and Ahmad will have holes the size of the Lincoln Tunnel by the fourth quarter. The Giant Front four and receivers are a thing of beauty with no quit in them, and lastly our Special Teams is WELL studied and playing at the old Parcells level.

MA49fan
01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think they've faced a defense like ours lately. And, we have TC who's been to the dance before and that has to be worth something. Sure, any given Sunday and all that...but we have the QB factor in Eli and he's been gigantic. Just have to be able to run a bit to control them and open up the passing and I am confident our D can keep Smith in check. If we rush 4 and cover 7, will be a long day for Smith assuming we can keep Gore down like last game.

Niners faced 2 good defensed recently in Pittsburgh and Seattle's D in Seattle is very underrated. Giants definitely have more playoff experience, don't know what to expect with the niners as they have not been in the playoffs in forever. Saints had the QB factor too and it didn't end up mattering, it will come down to ball control and the Giants have to not go more than -2 in the turnover battle. Gore was not healthy last game and should not have even played. This game feels like it's going to come down to which team does the little things just a bit better. It could be that pick that isn't dropped or a fumble but I see a very close game until the end, could be who has the ball last that decides it. NOBODY thought that Alex could win a shootout with Brees and he continues to prove the critics wrong. It just seems like the niners always find a way to win in the end and that too me is why they are playing in SF and not in NY. Should be a great game

<font color="#FF0000"></font>

GameTime
come on guys....</P>

he can think its the Niners have the mojo this season. No shame in that. </P>

A fan wants their team to win everygame but it doesnt meant they think they will.....</P>

</P>

Gmen2005
I think one of the biggest factors in the last game was the fact the Giants lost Boley in the second quarter. Totally changed the way the defense was playing.

MA49fan
01-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I think one of the biggest factors in the last game was the fact the Giants lost Boley in the second quarter. Totally changed the way the defense was playing.

A good team needs to be able to overcome stuff like that. Boley is good but its not like hes an allpro or anything either. Niners had to deal with the Gore injury. I do admit though that if the niners had lost that most fans would have just used Gore as an excuse.

MA49fan
01-19-2012, 04:05 PM

A good team needs to be able to overcome stuff like that. Boley is good but its not like hes an allpro or anything either. Niners had to deal with the Gore injury. I do admit though that if the niners had lost that most fans would have just used Gore as an excuse.

BillTheGreek
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
NOT TO WORRY, ITS GOING TO BE A SUNNY DAY..SO THE GIANTS WILL WIN BIG ...IF IT RAINS, THE GIANTS STILL WIN, BUT NOT BY MUCH , OK .MAKE YOUR SUPERBOWL PARTY PLANS !!

Haha, yes. I had it since the preseason with the whole sky is falling because of injuries and not signing anybody thing

GameTime
01-19-2012, 04:37 PM
</P>

not so much worried about the Niners O.</P>

</P>

worried about their D.....</P>

Goldengirl
01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes I believe you are. Didn't any of you see last weeks game? please don't forget to bring the condoms! lol

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Yes I believe you are. Didn't any of you see last weeks game? please don't forget to bring the condoms! lol</P>

get lost</P>

pt1028
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM

A GOOD TEAM NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO OVERCOME STUFF LIKE THAT.* Boley is good but its not like hes an allpro or anything either.* Niners had to deal with the Gore injury.* I do admit though that if the niners had lost that most fans would have just used Gore as an excuse.*

Which is why the Giants are where they are right now - one win away from the SB.

ashleymarie
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
The Giants have to travel to SF, then play a hard fought game. That's half of the battle. Add Eli and the receivers to the mix and it should be a lock. I'm ALL IN.

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Dont worry Baby!!! A beach Boys song..........download it and play it over and over to yourself til your sure we have the game in the bag

Gmen2005
01-19-2012, 05:47 PM

He calls the audibles on defense, it was a huge loss for the defense.