PDA

View Full Version : what Free Agents interest you?

GiantPride27
01-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Tired to look at all the FA from every team and how they would fit - i didnt put Ray Rice, Drew Brees, etc bc they are obviously not going anywhere - just the ones i think NY can bring in depending on who they resign themselves
CB - Cortland Finnegan
CB - Richard Marshal - ARI
CB - Brett Grimes - ATL
CB - Tracy Porter - NO
CB - William Gay - PIT
CB - Justin King - STL
G - Duece Lutui - ARI
G - Mike Brisiel - HOU
DT - Trevor Laws - PHI
G - Carl Knicks - NO
G/C - Dan Connolly - NE
K - Matt Prater - DEN
LB - Dan Conner - CAR
LB - Joe Mays - DEN
LB - Barrett Ruud - TB
LB - EJ Henderson - MIN
LB - Ahmad Brooks - SF
RB - Michael Bush - OAK
RB - Peyton Hillis - CLE
RB - BenJarvis Green-Ellis - NE
RB - Michael Tolbert - SD
S - Sean Jones - TB
T - Jeff Backus - DET
TE - Fred Davis - WAS
TE - John Carlson - SEA
TE - Scott Chandler - BUF
TE - Jamichael Finley - GB
TE - Joel Dressen - HOU
WR/ST - Eddie Royal - DEN
WR - Chaz Schilens - OAK
WR/ST - DeSean Jackson - PHI
WR - Steve Smith - PHI

My biggest wishes are
a TE and a RB then our other needs can be dealt with via the draft

Ideal and hopefully realistic:

Michael Bush to replace BJ (secondary Hillis/Tolbert)
Joel Dressen added at TE
Pick up LB Ahmad Brooks or Dan Connor to compete with our young Corp of LBs

Then draft T/G/LB early in the draft

Thoughts?
your ideal situations?

Bigg Bluee
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Peyton Hillis, Brett Grimes, EJ Henderson, Ahmad Brooks

ny06
01-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Can the Super Bowl trophy be considered a free agent? [;)]

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Nicks and a cheap Hillis and S. Smith, but that is just from your list.

You leave off many solid players that I'd love to have on our team, and would be relatively cheap.

mattpl908
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
id take finley

bLuereverie
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Stephen Tulloch

Raptor22
01-19-2012, 06:51 PM
The FA's who interest me:

Terrelle Thomas (cb)
Aaron Ross (cb)
Jon Goff (lb)
Mario Manningham (wr)

If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Finnegan,carl nicks,brooks,davis

bLuereverie
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I do not want Finnegan for the Giants. I'd take him on the Knicks or Rangers though. They both have services for some attitude.

elitime
01-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Giants do not make huge waves in the free agent market...so good luck with any of those guys. Giants make their team through the draft. always have.

egyptian420
01-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Stephen Tulloch
I'm thinking this or Curtis Lofton

slipknottin
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Giants do not make huge waves in the free agent market...so good luck with any of those guys. Giants make their team through the draft. always have.

Boley, Canty, Rolle... all were among the highest paid FAs in their respective offseason.

poppa smurph
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
The FA's who interest me: Terrelle Thomas (cb) Aaron Ross (cb) Jon Goff (lb) Mario Manningham (wr) If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.Lol, I like your take on it...</P>

But we don't got Finley money.</P>

EliTE
01-20-2012, 12:03 AM
if we don't draft a stud TE i wouldn't mind getting fred davis. we need to make our strength even stronger. eli will continue to bring this team to the playoffs and on runs if he is surrounded with playmakers. of course we need o-line help as well whether it be draft or FA.

I Bleed Blue 56
01-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I would take Nicks and JArvis green ellis hes a brusier type of RB. We need an Oline and Nicks would secure that spot and we can get Beatty back to LT and move Diehl to RT to groom a draft pick to take over that spot.

GiantPride27
01-20-2012, 08:24 AM

So signing Rolle to the highest safety contract isnt a big splash.

Boley is a stud LB from FA

Starting DT Canty and Reservist Rocky bernard came from FA

starting S/LB hybrid Grant is a solid FA pickup

Starting Center Bass was a FA

to say they only make their team through the draft is foolish. i would agree that Reese is one of the best at finding talent through the draft (i.e. most players on roster that were drafted my the team in the entire NFL) but the NYG will definetly take a look at all their FA options and will more than likely pick up a player or two and probably atleast one starter and one or two contributers.

GiantPride27
01-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Stephen Tulloch
I'm thinking this or Curtis Lofton

I think Lofton will be locked up long term before he sees the FA Market. only 25 years old and a freaking stud

Raptor22
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
The FA's who interest me: Terrelle Thomas (cb) Aaron Ross (cb) Jon Goff (lb) Mario Manningham (wr) If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.Lol, I like your take on it...</p>

But we don't got Finley money.</p>

It could be done... Let KMac go (start Brewer), resign Diehl to a sub contract, (Start Petrus &amp; Beatty)

Then approach Jacobs and Eli, the men, not their agents, with new contracts, locking them up until the end of their careers, but at reduced prices (I think both would agree if it meant that they could retain the above guys, and add talent)

That should free up a good amount of cap room. They could approach other guys as well, like Rolle and Canty, who both have big contracts but are also proven team players, and have grown into locker room leaders.

deekay7685
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
RT- B. GIACOMINI to take over from McKenzie

TE- M. BENNETT to compete w/ Ballard

CB- B. CARR to replace TThomas' knees

only BCarr will be costly
the draft can address other needs

titwio
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Cortland Finnegan, Brent Grimes, Fred Davis.

eli2cruz
01-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Cortland finnergan barrett rudd michael bush and fred davis. That would be awsome but I know there's NO WAY IN HELL that happens.

T-Diddy
01-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Prater and hillis

Itlan
01-22-2012, 04:33 AM
The FA's who interest me:

Terrelle Thomas (cb)
Aaron Ross (cb)
Jon Goff (lb)
Mario Manningham (wr)

If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.My man.

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Cortland finnergan barrett rudd michael bush and fred davis. That would be awsome but I know there's NO WAY IN HELL that happens.Ruud sucks and Davis is a pot head.

I'd take Finnegan but if we go after a DT, Jason Jones on the Titans is an ideal 3T/DE for us. Have kept my eyes on him since he came out and saw that the Titans aren't planning on giving him more than a year.

eli2cruz
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I would absolutly love to replace BJ with bush

Raptor22
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I would absolutly love to replace BJ with bush

...who wouldn't? but there's a lot of maintenance there, and it could be costly.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
if we go after a DT, Jason Jones on the Titans is an ideal 3T/DE for us. Have kept my eyes on him since he came out and saw that the Titans aren't planning on giving him more than a year.

I was going to say the same thing, hes an ideal fit for the giants. Still only 25 years old.

Probably a bit undersized to be a three down guy, at least against bigger teams, but as a situational pass rushing DT cant do any better.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
DP

Seducer
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I would take Nicks and JArvis green ellis hes a brusier type of RB. We need an Oline and Nicks would secure that spot and we can get Beatty back to LT and move Diehl to RT to groom a draft pick to take over that spot.

I think Diehl is done. I think McKenzie is extended another year and James Brewer is the one waiting in the wings.

nycsportzfan
01-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I would not mind trading OSI while his stock is high because of this playoff run and then Sign manny lawson to be our SLB and put Kiwi back at DE.. Fred Davis is a instersting FA for us to consider.. But hes close to being suspended for a entire seasons if he violates substance abuse policy again..

Also Benjarvus Green-Ellis is interesting RB to consider if we lose Jacobs.. Thers alot of other interesting players but those are a few that interest me

CruzSoldier
01-26-2012, 02:50 AM
David Hawthorne.....Inside LB
Ben Grubbs.... Left Guard
Connor Barth.... Place Kicker
I know Tynes Has come thru but barely I wouldn't trust him with a potato gun and Barth is one of the Best in the NFL. In this upcoming draft I would like to add a pass catching tight end preferably Dewayne Allen or a Center first Choice would be Peter Konz

nycsportzfan
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM
David Hawthorne.....Inside LB
Ben Grubbs.... Left Guard
Connor Barth.... Place Kicker
I know Tynes Has come thru but barely I wouldn't trust him with a potato gun and Barth is one of the Best in the NFL. In this upcoming draft I would like to add a pass catching tight end preferably Dewayne Allen or a Center first Choice would be Peter Konz I would like to add Connor Barth also.. Tynes is a bum Hence why we were running still when we should of been kicking a FG at the end of the niner game.. He almost missed a Ex pt and a chippy Fg in that game.. If we don't get a Pass catching TE in a early rd I woulden't mind bringing back Vishante Shiancoe on a 2yr deal from the vikings.. He blocks and would be a solid enough weapon for ELI and a nice enough stop gap till we get a true future TE...