PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLE: Jacobs fears no 49er, even Jerry Rice

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35418/jacobs-fears-no-49er-even-jerry-rice
January, 19, 2012

By Dan Graziano
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- He saw the question coming, because surely someone had told him in the previous 24 hours that he'd been called "a little bit soft" by one of the greatest players in NFL history. So when somebody asked New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs about Jerry Rice's comments Thursday, he was ready with his answer.

Jacobs
"I grew up a San Francisco 49er fan," Jacobs said. "I loved Jerry Rice. I still love Jerry Rice. I have nothing negative to say about Jerry Rice. If he feels that way, he feels that way. I wish he was going to try and tackle me, though."

Jacobs isn't the sort of guy who leaves much doubt about his confidence level. No, he's the sort of guy who goes running up to the opposing coach after a Christmas Eve victory and yells, "Time to shut up, fat boy!" So while Jacobs' news conference Thursday was low on controversial sound bites, it was teeming with self-assured responses to questions about the challenges he'll face in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the 49ers in San Francisco.

Someone asked him, for instance, about the fact that the Niners knocked Saints running back Pierre Thomas out of last Saturday's playoff game and have earned a reputation for doing the same with other backs.

"Knocked out of the game means you got hit in the head," Jacobs said. "I wish like hell one of them would try and hit me in my head, because that means they're staying high instead of going for your legs."

The 49ers are the toughest run defense in the league -- a physical, punishing, super-quick bunch up front. Jacobs had 55 yards on 18 carries in a Week 10 game he had to play without his buddy and fellow running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who is expected to play in this game. So he knows how hard they hit. It's just not something that's bothering him.

"I really don't care how physical they are," Jacobs said. "I'm not afraid of anybody on that team. I'm not afraid of anybody in that organization. I'm ready to play football."

ny06
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I love Jacobs attitude. </P>

"I am not afraid of anybody on that team"</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.377022!/img/httpImage/image.jpg</P>

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
As if Jacobs needs more motivation to run hard.

Thanks Jerry!

dan1552
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35418/jacobs-fears-no-49er-even-jerry-rice
January, 19, 2012

By Dan Graziano
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- He saw the question coming, because surely someone had told him in the previous 24 hours that he'd been called "a little bit soft" by one of the greatest players in NFL history. So when somebody asked New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs about Jerry Rice's comments Thursday, he was ready with his answer.

Jacobs
"I grew up a San Francisco 49er fan," Jacobs said. "I loved Jerry Rice. I still love Jerry Rice. I have nothing negative to say about Jerry Rice. If he feels that way, he feels that way. I wish he was going to try and tackle me, though."

Jacobs isn't the sort of guy who leaves much doubt about his confidence level. No, he's the sort of guy who goes running up to the opposing coach after a Christmas Eve victory and yells, "Time to shut up, fat boy!" So while Jacobs' news conference Thursday was low on controversial sound bites, it was teeming with self-assured responses to questions about the challenges he'll face in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the 49ers in San Francisco.

Someone asked him, for instance, about the fact that the Niners knocked Saints running back Pierre Thomas out of last Saturday's playoff game and have earned a reputation for doing the same with other backs.

"Knocked out of the game means you got hit in the head," Jacobs said. "I wish like hell one of them would try and hit me in my head, because that means they're staying high instead of going for your legs."

The 49ers are the toughest run defense in the league -- a physical, punishing, super-quick bunch up front. Jacobs had 55 yards on 18 carries in a Week 10 game he had to play without his buddy and fellow running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who is expected to play in this game. So he knows how hard they hit. It's just not something that's bothering him.

"I really don't care how physical they are," Jacobs said. "I'm not afraid of anybody on that team. I'm not afraid of anybody in that organization. I'm ready to play football."

Man I hope he can get outside once in a while this sunday. I hate seeing him run smack into a pile and stop

nihan87
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you, Jerry Rice for giving Jacobs more motivation cause pain to the 9er's!

Sundown
01-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Thank you Jerry Rice!!!

RoanokeFan
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
January, 19, 2012

By Dan Graziano

Jacobs

"I really don't care how physical they are," Jacobs said. <font color="#0000FF">"I'm not afraid of anybody on that team. I'm not afraid of anybody in that organization. I'm ready to play football."</font>

The highlight, substituting "we" for "I, etc.", should be on a banner above the last doorway the team passes under enroute to the field at Candlestick.

meanseen
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
jerry should ask roman harper if he thinks jacobs is soft

FlyingTruck
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
When I read the quote yesterday I thought to myself, "yeah, probably not the smartest thing to say"

Jacobs will be fired up.

Ruttiger711
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35418/jacobs-fears-no-49er-even-jerry-rice January, 19, 2012 By Dan Graziano EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- He saw the question coming, because surely someone had told him in the previous 24 hours that he'd been called "a little bit soft" by one of the greatest players in NFL history. So when somebody asked New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs about Jerry Rice's comments Thursday, he was ready with his answer. Jacobs "I grew up a San Francisco 49er fan," Jacobs said. "I loved Jerry Rice. I still love Jerry Rice. I have nothing negative to say about Jerry Rice. If he feels that way, he feels that way. I wish he was going to try and tackle me, though." Jacobs isn't the sort of guy who leaves much doubt about his confidence level. <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>No, he's the sort of guy who goes running up to the opposing coach after a Christmas Eve victory and yells, "Time to shut up, fat boy!"</FONT> So while Jacobs' news conference Thursday was low on controversial sound bites, it was teeming with self-assured responses to questions about the challenges he'll face in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the 49ers in San Francisco. Someone asked him, for instance, about the fact that the Niners knocked Saints running back Pierre Thomas out of last Saturday's playoff game and have earned a reputation for doing the same with other backs. "Knocked out of the game means you got hit in the head," Jacobs said. "I wish like hell one of them would try and hit me in my head, because that means they're staying high instead of going for your legs." The 49ers are the toughest run defense in the league -- a physical, punishing, super-quick bunch up front. Jacobs had 55 yards on 18 carries in a Week 10 game he had to play without his buddy and fellow running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who is expected to play in this game. So he knows how hard they hit. It's just not something that's bothering him. "I really don't care how physical they are," Jacobs said. "I'm not afraid of anybody on that team. I'm not afraid of anybody in that organization. I'm ready to play football."</P>

This is what bugs the crap out of me though... because this isnt how it happened... and its how it will be remembered... </P>

mattpl908
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
thank you verrryy much jerry!

rainierjef
01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Smh a wide reciever who never tackles on the defensive side calling a running back soft. wideout don't get hit no where near as hard as a running back get hit. and in the occassion when it does happen they are going down hard ( daunta robinson vs. desean jackson ) </P>

good job jerry rice you not only fired up brandon jacobs you ticked off his little brother as well <FONT color=#ff0000>44</FONT></P>