PDA

View Full Version : Giants Should Sign Desean Jackson.

ikebibby91
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Desean got jerked by the Eagles. What better revenge than to come to the Giants and play for us next season. Our receiving corp would break records with the guys we have plus him.

chizz
01-19-2012, 05:00 PM
he would cry because he wasnt getting the ball enough

Carnage929
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
don't want him, don't need him, can't afford him. How about putting that money into our Oline and get our run game going a little better?

FlyingTruck
I would be fine with that if we used more 3 WR sets. Who are you going to bump down to make room for him on plays?

Gianthunter
Hey rockey watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat. What <FONT size=6>AGAIN</FONT>

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Why would we spend a lot of money to add to what is already a position of strength?

GiantWarfare
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I'd only bring in him solely as a return man.

scoopscj
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG

Carnage929
01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
and our receivers are better then he is...

jhamburg
01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Desean got jerked by the Eagles. What better revenge than to come to the Giants and play for us next season. Our receiving corp would break records with the guys we have plus him.

Having the 3rd best player at a position making the most money is an awkward situation, which is why I'm not psyched to give Manningham a big contract. I'd rather just build our WR corps around Nicks and Cruz and give them the big contracts.

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
He'd be like a cancer to our team.

We have such good fluidity right now, I wouldn't even want to entertain the idea.

bLuereverie
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM

How did he get jerked by the Eagles? Bc they won't pay him 9-11mil when he stomps his feet? He wants top receiver money. If a WR gets franchised, he's looking at about 12mil for a year.

Even if he takes a cut, we're not bringing a malcontent for 7-8mil per year. Not when the receivers on our teams have yet to receive their own extensions.

p.s. Bibby sucks.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
</P>

No thanks to Desean Jackson. His personality/behavioris not compatible with Giants front office or team players.We don't want his act on our team. BTW we have the best WR's as it is don't need a primadonna.</P>

bigblue4417
01-19-2012, 05:15 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/zoomkobe/dawsonfail.jpg

Manstache
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I would be fine with that if we used more 3 WR sets. Who are you going to bump down to make room for him on plays?theoretically its possible if super mario isnt resigned, and jax doesnt ask for the moon. he'd be our return guy off top. cant see it happening tho.

qndarius3
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
NO

bflo23
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Desean Jackson = clubhouse cancer

Didn't we see him separate himself from his teammates when he didn't get his new contract? Didn't he miss team meeting? Against Seattle, he didn't even put any effort in the game. Eagle fans question his heart.

While Desean Jackson is a little bit faster, he doesn't have the power to break tackles like Nicks and Cruz. Jackson is only 5'10" 175 lbs. Nicks and Cruz are better overall receivers than Jackson. I don't want passes taken away from Nicks and Cruz for Jackson.

And guess who has had 9 dropped passes this year? Desean Jackson! 58 catches and 9 DROPS?!

TrueBlue10
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
umm, no. he would ruin our team chemistry with his selfish stupidity.

Cosmiknight
01-19-2012, 05:34 PM
The only thing the Giants should be concerned about when it comes to the wide receiver position is how they are going to resign Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham to long term deals. Both of those guys are in my opinion are not only better receivers but better teammates.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
the Giants are a team "with Character"....</P>

not a team of characters....</P>

**** Djax....</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 05:38 PM
exactly and there isn't CAP room for that moron anyways. Also he would last 1 week with TC if that long.</P>

Kase-1
01-19-2012, 07:01 PM
If we dont resign Super Mario Id def look at DeSean, his return value alone is worth the look. After not having a good season we may be able to get him on the cheap, especially since we're the iggles big rivals and we can play those clowns twice a season and he can get some revenge on how they treated him

yoeddy
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM

While we're at it, let's sign Santonio Holmes! Yeah, that's a great idea!!!

RedskinHater
01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Recommending Jackson is a sure sign of brain damage !

FDNY Fitzy
01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Okay, a couple things here.

1. Giants have needs that need to be addressed, and not lot of cap space to do it. Jackson exacerbates that problem.

2. Jackson isn't exaclty an Eli Manning type of reciever. He whines when he doesnt get the ball, runs poor routes and is only useful due to speed.

3. If the Giants are targeting a replacement 3rd reciever for Manningham's departure, it should hardly be a prized FA name acquisition. Myabe Steve Smith.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Put in perspective people.School had just let out when this was posted.

NWKEffectElement
01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
don't want him, don't need him, can't afford him. How about putting that money into our Oline and get our run game going a little better?

+1
I would rather resign Manningham and spend some money improving the OL. It looks like Carl Nicks will be available in the offseason. If the cap permits it, he would be a great additional.

RedskinHater
01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Put in perspective people.*School had just let out when this was posted.

Didn't know kindergarten had late classes. Must've been
a west coast fan

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
While we're at it, let's sign Santonio Holmes! Yeah, that's a great idea!!!</P>

yes good choice and then sign T.O. of course. Poor TC will have stroke for sure LOL</P>

derekunion28
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
no way

Redeyejedi
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Now Desean Jackson a Jet I could see that

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
perfect fit for the Bengals as well. Not a criminal/thug but a great PUNK.

mfraykor
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
he would cry because he wasnt getting the ball enough

BINGO... we got the best set of receivers now... so adding him would make a mess and he would DEFINITELY cry.. cause a distraction... eff him

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
we could use him as the water boy. Good Idea!

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 07:42 PM

no wayyyyyyyyy

dude defines what a punk is

plus hes going to get franchised anyway, he won't be a FA

MattMeyerBud
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
we could use him as the water boy. Good Idea!

SLAP HANDS!!!

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201201/52c4b813ebab5d5beb31e6b370b87cf6.jpg

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
with what money?

chuckedafter5yards
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM
You are high, I hope?

CDN_G-FAN
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM

ever notice these "WTF" threads always seem to come from someone with 10 posts or less?

Strange. So....so....strange........

jomo
01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
...........<FONT color=#ff0000>just what we need a distraction in the locker room and a self absorbed me first wide receiver. That's a winning formula!</FONT>

jomo
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
ever notice these "WTF" threads always seem to come from someone with 10 posts or less? Strange. So....so....strange........Yes CDN, I have noticed that! Suspicious don't you think?

miked1958
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM

No

CDN_G-FAN
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM
ever notice these "WTF" threads always seem to come from someone with 10 posts or less? Strange. So....so....strange........Yes CDN, I have noticed that! Suspicious don't you think?
so weird......almost like........they're not real fans..........and just want to stir the pot........

maybe its just me.

Joe Morrison
01-19-2012, 09:16 PM
ever notice these "WTF" threads always seem to come from someone with 10 posts or less? Strange. So....so....strange........Yes CDN, I have noticed that! Suspicious don't you think?</P>

When you sitting home waiting for next year for the Eagles to suit up you have a lot of down time
</P>

NYSPORTS
01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
So sign Jackson for a ton a lose at least one of Nicks, Cruz or JPP when their contracts are up.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
That is why at first I called him Eagle Troll but then felt bad in case I was wrongso Iedited my post.

jomo
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
That is why at first I called him Eagle Troll but then felt bad in case I was wrongso Iedited my post.The real tip-off hereis a low post count guy, arrivingon the sceneand the most important thing for him/her to talk about <U>in the week before the conference championship</U> is DeSean Jackson. That should be enough of a clue for even the most clueless among us. </P>

Go Blue!!</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
exactly LOL, like we are thinking about D Jackson this week.

nycisgreat
01-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't mind on our team, but there is no way we could afford him.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Hell no. I hope he stays on the Eagles and continues to be a headache. I know that he's productive, but a headache nonetheless. I wouldn't change the cohesiveness, unity, and skill of our WR corp for anyone else.

PrideofNY
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I'd rather them focus on keeping guys like Mario Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, Deon Grant.

Also, I did not know that Kareem McKenzie was a free agent until I looked it up just now. Now I know that they're going offensive tackle in the 1st round.

slipknottin
01-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Jackson will be out of the league in 3 years...

Redeyejedi
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Jackson will be out of the league in 3 years...I said that 1 1/2 ago Im getting worried my timeline is wrong. The Guy has no redeeming qualities as a receiver one injury that saps just a little bit of speed and he is finished. No way Id give him big money.I expect the Eagles to let him go.Watch the Jets trade for him

SweetZombieJesus
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
<font size="5">One trick pony.</font> Speed and nothing else. No real receiving skills and won't give up his body.

Punk.

Selfish.

Definitely not intelligent (see dropping the ball short of the goal line twice).

No way in hell.

bigjeep
01-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Giants should NOT sign Desean Jackson.

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
so weird......almost like........they're not real fans..........and just want to stir the pot........

maybe its just me.

ahhh be nice canuck

it could be somebody who isn't the biggest football fan of the NFL, maybe doesnt' REALLY understand the game, or it could be a young poster who just knows the big names..

Theres an icebox where your heart use to be

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
That is why at first I called him Eagle Troll but then felt bad in case I was wrongso Iedited my post.The real tip-off hereis a low post count guy, arrivingon the sceneand the most important thing for him/her to talk about <u>in the week before the conference championship</u> is DeSean Jackson. That should be enough of a clue for even the most clueless among us. </p>

Go Blue!!</p>

lol u guys are meanies

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I'd rather them focus on keeping guys like Mario Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, Deon Grant.

Also, I did not know that Kareem McKenzie was a free agent until I looked it up just now. Now I know that they're going offensive tackle in the 1st round.

Ross or T2 are gone

Cruz or Manningham are gone

Grant may retire

embeshAtYa
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Desean Jackson sucks

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Not if Jesus endorsed it.

burier
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Sure, as long as he understands that he'll be returning punts exclusively.