PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs urges the 49ers to deliver helmet-to-helmet hits

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
<h1 class="entry-title">Brandon Jacobs urges the 49ers to deliver helmet-to-helmethits</h1>
<div class="post-info">
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 19, 2012, 4:45 PM EST -- <a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/brandon-jacobs-urges-the-49ers-to-deliver-helmet-to-helmet-hits/">Source (Pro Football Talk)
</a></div>

Brandon Jacobs (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3146/brandon-jacobs) is ready to take some helmet-to-helmet hits.</p>

Jacobs said today that he’s hoping the 49ers will hit him in the head
when the Giants visit San Francisco, because he thinks it’s a lot
harder to take him down by hitting him high than to take him down by
hitting him low.</p>

“I wish like hell they’d hit me in the head (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82623488/article/jacobs-wont-back-down-wishes-like-hell-49ers-hit-him-high?module=HP11_headline_stack),”
Jacobs told NFL.com. “A helmet-to-helmet hit. I want one of those.
Because that means they’re staying high, you know. They’re not going to
the ground and trying to make tackles at the shoe strings.”</p>

One player who may be willing to oblige is 49ers safety Donte Whitner (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3691/donte-whitner), who knocked Saints running back Pierre Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4503/pierre-thomas)
out of Saturday’s playoff game with a helmet-to-helmet hit. The league
office probably isn’t comfortable with players promoting
helmet-to-helmet contact like that, but Whitner’s hit on Thomas was
legal because Thomas was a ball carrier on the play. Helmet-to-helmet
hits are only illegal on defenseless players.</p>

For Jacobs, seeing a running back get knocked out against the 49ers last week isn’t changing his approach this week.</p>

“I really don’t care how physical they are,” Jacobs said. “It’s going
to be a football game. They’re a physical bunch; we’re a physical
bunch. We’re going to be out there playing ball. I’m not afraid of them,
I’m not afraid of anybody on their team, I’m not afraid of anybody in
their organization. I’m ready to play football.”</p>

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/brandon-jacobs-urges-the-49ers-to-deliver-helmet-to-helmet-hits/)</p>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------</p>

<font size="4">What do you guys think?</font></p>

</p>

</p>

EliTE
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
whitner laid out thomas right after thomas caught the ball and turned to head up field, he didn't see the hit coming and didn't brace for it, that's why he got rocked and fumbled. nobody mans up with our RBs because if they do they're the ones that end up getting concussed.

Pakman
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
If BJ runs someone over on this defense..their morale will be shot.

I have never seen a team get so hyped up after one hit. 49ers defense is good, but the fact that people are defining this team off of a hit LAST WEEK is not only sad, but embarrassing for the 9ers.

TheCatchIII
01-19-2012, 06:07 PM

I have never seen a team get so hyped up after one hit. 49ers defense is good, but the fact that people are defining this team off of a hit LAST WEEK is not only sad, but embarrassing for the 9ers.

This reputation is NOT coming from only 1 hit. These guys have been laying the wood all year.

I think they have knocked 7 or 8 RB's out of games this season.

Meanhothead
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
He's baiting.

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I do not think its possible to give Brandon a concussion.........you would have to drop a truck on him.

Giants10Joe
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Jacobs is an idiot. Does he want to get knocked out the game?

scf424
01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
What makes you think Jacobs is going to get knocked out?

In a head to head collision, I'll take Jacobs over any of their DBs.

kkr
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM

He is 6'4 and 265lbs, what do you think will happen to Donte Whitner etc if they try and tackle him high!? They will get pounded into the turf.

Need Jacobs to dish out some abuse this weekend.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
love jacobs but kinda wish he woulda just kept his mouth shut. now theres pretty much only 2 things that will happen:

the 9ers will now go out of there way to tackle jacobs low, as why would they do what he wants and give him higher chance of success?

and two, the 9ers will prob do some helmet to helmet hits, just not on jacobs. jacobs has now put a bounty on every other offensive players head. wr's, bshaw, even eli have to be careful with that.

emotions are gonna be high.

Giants10Joe
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Fine, even if you think Jacobs will win a head to head collision, he's still an idiot for saying this. He basically said "the easiest way to tackle me is to go for my legs."

PoloGroundsFan
01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Obviously he has been hit in the head a little to often already,

pt1028
01-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Fine, even if you think Jacobs will win a head to head collision, he's still an idiot for saying this. He basically said "the easiest way to tackle me is to go for my legs."

Every defender knows this already. Nothing new.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm okay with Jacobs saying this, but if he gets lit up or gets tackled high by a defender making it look easy, I'm gonna laugh.

FlipNYG77
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM

since his an idiot helmet to helmet hits would do him any worse...maybe it will make him smarter?...but BJ is right he is harder to bring down if they tackle him high

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Any player that thinks they can take Jacobs up high is not smart. You take someone out with that size from the lower body. Another big mouth player yapping away again. I remember when he was crying to leave the team this season, now what, he hasnt said a word about not getting enough touches

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
The sad part is you used a made up headline in subject line.

dan1552
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
<h1 class="entry-title">Brandon Jacobs urges the 49ers to deliver helmet-to-helmethits</h1>
<div class="post-info">
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 19, 2012, 4:45 PM EST -- <a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/brandon-jacobs-urges-the-49ers-to-deliver-helmet-to-helmet-hits/">Source (Pro Football Talk)
</a></div>

Brandon Jacobs (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3146/brandon-jacobs) is ready to take some helmet-to-helmet hits.</p>

Jacobs said today that he’s hoping the 49ers will hit him in the head
when the Giants visit San Francisco, because he thinks it’s a lot
harder to take him down by hitting him high than to take him down by
hitting him low.</p>

“I wish like hell they’d hit me in the head (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82623488/article/jacobs-wont-back-down-wishes-like-hell-49ers-hit-him-high?module=HP11_headline_stack),”
Jacobs told NFL.com. “A helmet-to-helmet hit. I want one of those.
Because that means they’re staying high, you know. They’re not going to
the ground and trying to make tackles at the shoe strings.”</p>

One player who may be willing to oblige is 49ers safety Donte Whitner (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3691/donte-whitner), who knocked Saints running back Pierre Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4503/pierre-thomas)
out of Saturday’s playoff game with a helmet-to-helmet hit. The league
office probably isn’t comfortable with players promoting
helmet-to-helmet contact like that, but Whitner’s hit on Thomas was
legal because Thomas was a ball carrier on the play. Helmet-to-helmet
hits are only illegal on defenseless players.</p>

For Jacobs, seeing a running back get knocked out against the 49ers last week isn’t changing his approach this week.</p>

“<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">I really don’t care how physical they are,” Jacobs said. “It’s going
to be a football game. They’re a physical bunch; we’re a physical
bunch</span>. We’re going to be out there playing ball. I’m not afraid of them,
I’m not afraid of anybody on their team, I’m not afraid of anybody in
their organization. I’m ready to play football.”</p>

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/brandon-jacobs-urges-the-49ers-to-deliver-helmet-to-helmet-hits/)</p>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------</p>

<font size="4">What do you guys think?</font></p>

I think just that statement will bait the already pumped up 49rs only successful squad " the d" into being tunnel visioned on BJ. Allowing Eli more time in the pocket as well as falsely luring in down LBs which will open up one if not more T.E. or receiver options for ELI.</p>

</p>

Good job Brandon!
</p>

</p>

dan1552
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Brandon WILL open up more options for ELI as the simplistic 49rs D gets baited. I feel many big plays coming.

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't understand what your trying to say..? I copied and pasted the headline from the source link that is attached to the post.

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Just win the game GIANTS!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
LOL I love this guy... how can you not LOVE this guy....

Go get em big man

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't understand what your trying to say..? I copied and pasted the headline from the source link that is attached to the post.

Dont mind him, he hasnt had anything good to say from all the comments that I've been reading from him.

egyptian420
01-19-2012, 07:53 PM

Every defender knows this already. Nothing new.
Seriously...people are acting like these guys haven't watched tape on him already and as if they're making their gameplan based on these comments as opposed to his game footage.

Personally, I'm happy, Jacobs plays his best when he's pissed off. I don't know about you but lately it seems we've been getting better production from him than Bradshaw. I think he's going to have a decent game and that should help Eli.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
The sad part is you used a made up headline in subject line. I don't understand what your trying to say..? I copied and pasted the headline from the source link that is attached to the post.It's pft they think they are immune to inflammatory headlines they take out of context. Didn't see anywhere BJ was advocating the headline.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
The sad part is you used a made up headline in subject line.</P>

Yeah I know. I was going to mention that early on but decided not to. He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P>

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
The sad part is you used a made up headline in subject line. I don't understand what your trying to say..? I copied and pasted the headline from the source link that is attached to the post.It's pft they think they are immune to inflammatory headlines they take out of context. Didn't see anywhere BJ was advocating the headline.
Did you happen to read the article.
“I wish like hell they’d hit me in the head,” Jacobs told NFL.com. “A helmet-to-helmet hit. I want one of those. Because that means they’re staying high, you know. They’re not going to the ground and trying to make tackles at the shoe bstrings.

Call me crazy but that sure sounds like he's advocating it.

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Yeah I know.* I was going to mention that early on but decided not to.* He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P>
I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Did you happen to read the article.
“I wish like hell they’d hit me in the head,” Jacobs told NFL.com. “A helmet-to-helmet hit. I want one of those. Because that means they’re staying high, you know. They’re not going to the ground and trying to make tackles at the shoe bstrings.

Call me crazy but that sure sounds like he's advocating it."I wish like hell..."

"I want one of those."

I really don't get what people are trying to point out. I think you PFT scaled it down to be honest.

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Yeah I know.* I was going to mention that early on but decided not to.* He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P>
I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM

I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...There is not even an example of sensationalism.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you but the author, not the messenger (you)</P>

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Yeah I know. I was going to mention that early on but decided not to. He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P> I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...It's understandable. But still thats the last sight you would wantto quote from. Dowhat I do use it as a springboard to get at the real stuff

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Yeah I know.* I was going to mention that early on but decided not to.* He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P> I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...It's understandable. But still thats the last sight you would want*to quote from. Do*what I do use it as a springboard to get at the real stuffGet at the real stuff? Like clicking the link to get to NFL.com, where it pretty much says the same exact thing?

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM

Yeah I know. I was going to mention that early on but decided not to. He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P>

I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...There is not even an example of sensationalism.</P>

True if you don't think the intent was to overhype. I happen to think it was so I call it sensationalism.Jacobs stated in a rhetorical/exaggerated manner to suggest hitting him high is not the best way to bring him down. He wasn't really asking to be hit helmet to helmet.</P>

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Yeah I know. I was going to mention that early on but decided not to. He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P> I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...It's understandable. But still thats the last sight you would wantto quote from. Dowhat I do use it as a springboard to get at the real stuffGet at the real stuff? Like clicking the link to get to NFL.com, where it pretty much says the same exact thing?*sigh* The original rarelydoesn't inflame nor imbelish the pft way.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:19 PM

I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...There is not even an example of sensationalism.</P>

True if you don't think the intent was to overhype.* I happen to think it was so I call it sensationalism.</P>Fair enough, I really don't see any inaccurate info being thrown around to make the story more shocking or interesting.

Let alone the title.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
cool, just a friendly debate.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Yeah I know.* I was going to mention that early on but decided not to.* He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P> I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...It's understandable. But still thats the last sight you would want*to quote from. Do*what I do use it as a springboard to get at the real stuffGet at the real stuff? Like clicking the link to get to NFL.com, where it pretty much says the same exact thing?*sigh* The original rarely*doesn't inflame nor imbelish the pft way.Which is why it is a blog. Bottom line is, I don't see your criticism of PFT making a point as it pertains to this thread.

BigBlue D
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Well now with all that being said, Lets go GIANTS!!

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Agree buddy that is where our focus is..lets go G-Men!

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM

Yeah I know. I was going to mention that early on but decided not to. He used sensationalism like the National Enquirer would.</P> I copied and pasted the headline I could care less about sensationalism, it's not like I'm making money from you reading this...It's understandable. But still thats the last sight you would wantto quote from. Dowhat I do use it as a springboard to get at the real stuffGet at the real stuff? Like clicking the link to get to NFL.com, where it pretty much says the same exact thing?*sigh* The original rarelydoesn't inflame nor imbelish the pft way.Which is why it is a blog. Bottom line is, I don't see your criticism of PFT making a point as it pertains to this thread.Your defending pft? I'm stating that using pft as a credible newsource to quote verbatim is the wrong tact. Simple.

fourth&forever
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Good job by BJ challenging SF to hit high. Boxers don't mind getting hit in the head.

BParcells777
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
love jacobs but kinda wish he woulda just kept his mouth shut. now theres pretty much only 2 things that will happen:

the 9ers will now go out of there way to tackle jacobs low, as why would they do what he wants and give him higher chance of success?

and two, the 9ers will prob do some helmet to helmet hits, just not on jacobs. jacobs has now put a bounty on every other offensive players head. wr's, bshaw, even eli have to be careful with that.

I dont know about that....they don't seem real bright....remember that guy for the skins who decided we was going to take on Jacobs high......Landry whatshisface.

I think he got blasted into next week.....they might actually go after his solid bone head now.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Your defending pft? I'm stating that using pft as a credible newsource to quote verbatim is the wrong tact. Simple.If it is a speculative PFT report, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but it isn't.

The quotes in this PFT article are from Brandon Jacobs' mouth, and the title is a very accurate depiction of the quote, and in no way 'sad'.

GIANTfaninFL
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Damn, **** like that gets me fired up

The Boys in blue are going to wreck sunday

brad
01-19-2012, 10:16 PM

I think the cheap shots to the head would happen anyway... Jacobs is simply calling attention to it, so that possibly the refs might actually make the correct call this week.

yoeddy
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM

He's more likely to get knocked out of a game with defenders aiming for his knees than his head. I think it was a smart comment...

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
whitner laid out thomas right after thomas caught the ball and turned to head up field, he didn't see the hit coming and didn't brace for it, that's why he got rocked and fumbled. nobody mans up with our RBs because if they do they're the ones that end up getting concussed.

Did you watch that play...
He took 3-4 steps up field and lowered his head for impact.

Regardless I think asking for a head to head hit is moronic in general.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM

I think the cheap shots to the head would happen anyway... Jacobs is simply calling attention to it, so that possibly the refs might actually make the correct call this week.

The call was correct, there's no such thing as helmet to helmet on a running back.

Running Backs lead with their own helmets.

JPP
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

This reputation is NOT coming from only 1 hit. These guys have been laying the wood all year.

I think they have knocked 7 or 8 RB's out of games this season.

We did that with QB's last season, sometimes it happens.