PDA

View Full Version : So tired of media overblowing things

GiantWarfare
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
How the hell is what MM said about the Niners "trash talk"?

Now you got BSPN calling out MM for "dissing" the Niners secondary...

He said, the Niners LBs were the best we've faced but the secondary wasn't although they are good. When the point of the Niners' hardhitting style of play was brought up, he then went on to say, the WR unit isn't intimidated by their secondary.

How is that trash talk? Its truthful, and he still gave them props. What...the Niners want the Giants pulling out the old "they're the best team, best defense, best at everything" card? They wanted him to say he IS intimidated???

Pretty sure the Jets were the best secondary we've faced.

Only Boley has said anything one could even consider "trash talk".

Rolle saying "we feel like we can't be denied" isn't trash talk, you could say its arrogance but its not trash talk.

Its just talking his own team up. Its a confidence thing. I'm pretty sure he said "WE FEEL like we can't be beat" instead of "we can't be beat". That's a huge difference.

Trash talk is when Cromartie on the Jets said "he hated Brady", or when Bart Scott said the "Pats defense couldn't stop a nosebleed" (although truthful, it was a huge diss) or when Welker dissed Rex's foot fetish.

This year, when Nicks said "Revis was decent" or when Rolle said "we'd beat the Skins 99 out of 100x" is trash talk.

Saying the Niners defense is very good though the secondary, as good as they are, isn't the best the Giants have faced isn't trash talk in my book.

God, the media is so annoying...

Meanhothead
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Any comment about the opposing team is now considered trash talking.

Don't waste your time and energy worrying about it.

"Talk is cheap"

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I know it. I just got done watching all the GMEN videos on my Giants iPhone app, and all they ask are the same dumb questions over and over and over about the weather. Our players must think the locker room reports are the dumbest idiots alive. They act like a bunch of women. "Oh no! It's gonna rain! How on earth are you going to be able to play on such a swampy field!" STFU.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
What do you expect, your team is from New York, everything gets blown up from that media and city.

Meanhothead
01-19-2012, 07:08 PM
What do you expect, your team is from New York, everything gets blown up from that media and city.

You really went there? Had to use blown up?

galaxy10
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
The media people have jobs to do, they write stories, if there is nothing to write about they make it up. They also want to write about stories that will inflame, whether its true or not. I have lost respect for the media in all regards years ago. They are simply an annoyance to me now.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Hey if you want to take it there with whatever you want thats on you, I'm here to talk football, geez!

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM

BTW what chose of words am I allowed to use on the MB? Didnt know New Yorkers were so up tight.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM

BTW what chose of words am I allowed to use on the MB? Didnt know New Yorkers were so up tight.
</P>

Dont' worry about the "chose" of words but proper English would be a great start...uptight is one word too.</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM
</P>

Hey dolt, since when is ESPN New York media?</P>

galaxy10
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM

If you lived in NYC when 9/11 occurred you would understand. I lost friends that day. I have family that lives in NYC. It was a horrible day for all of us. Please stop with your ignorance.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:28 PM

If you lived in NYC when 9/11 occurred you would understand. I lost friends that day. I have family that lives in NYC. It was a horrible day for all of us. Please stop with your ignorance.

Ignorance? When I said blown up, it was not intended for that use. You all find the littlest things to try to start something from nothing. Like I said before, I may not bleed the same team colors as you all here, but I did swear an oath to the USA for the armed forces that I serve.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
</p>

Hey dolt, since when is ESPN New York media?</p>

Hey buckwheat, yes media is news related and when you have your own section in ESPN, thats media, duh dumb dumb

NWKEffectElement
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
It may be just me but it seem as if BSPN goes out of their way to create "bulletin board material" out of whatever the Giants says. I guess when you are one of the top 3 most popular teams in the NFL it comes with the territory.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I am not black but I dont' appreciate you using racial connotations on our board. Okay you have spent enough time here.

NWKEffectElement
01-19-2012, 07:35 PM

Hey if you want to take it there with whatever you want thats on you, I'm here to talk football, geez!

Yet you are trolling in a thread about the media.

Drez
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM

Ignorance? When I said blown up, it was not intended for that use. You all find the littlest things to try to start something from nothing. Like I said before, I may not bleed the same team colors as you all here, but I did swear an oath to the USA for the armed forces that I serve.
</P>

I take back what I originally wrote. You area clueless simpleton.</P>

gianthole
01-19-2012, 07:54 PM

BTW what chose of words am I allowed to use on the MB?* Didnt know New Yorkers were so up tight.*

If you lived in NYC when 9/11 occurred you would understand. I lost friends that day. I have family that lives in NYC.* It was a horrible day for all of us. Please stop with your ignorance.

Ignorance? When I said blown up, it was not intended for that use.* You all find the littlest things to try to start something from nothing.* Like I said before, I may not bleed the same team colors as you all here, but I did swear an oath to the USA for the armed forces that I serve.*

That was stupid of him to even bring up! I knew what you meant to say.

Drez
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM

That was stupid of him to even bring up! I knew what you meant to say.</P>

No, he said it to instigate ****. I was of the same mind as you at first, then I read through the "Mods... Classless SF Fans..." thread.</P>

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM

I'm glad there are still some decent Giants fans on the MB

gianthole
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM

BTW what chose of words am I allowed to use on the MB?* Didnt know New Yorkers were so up tight.*

If you lived in NYC when 9/11 occurred you would understand. I lost friends that day. I have family that lives in NYC.* It was a horrible day for all of us. Please stop with your ignorance.

Ignorance? When I said blown up, it was not intended for that use.* You all find the littlest things to try to start something from nothing.* Like I said before, I may not bleed the same team colors as you all here, but I did swear an oath to the USA for the armed forces that I serve.*

I think everyone is just really pumped for this game. Hell I've been on edge because I can't sleep at night! Ha!

gianthole
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM

I think everyone is just really pumped for this game. Hell I've been on edge because I can't sleep at night! Ha!

GreenZone
01-19-2012, 08:14 PM

He said, the Niners LBs were the best we've faced but the secondary wasn't although they are good. When the point of the Niners' hardhitting style of play was brought up, he then went on to say, the WR unit isn't intimidated by their secondary.

How is that trash talk? Its truthful, and he still gave them props.

What...the Niners want the Giants pulling out the old "they're the best team, best defense, best at everything" card? They wanted him to say he IS intimidated???

Rolle saying "we feel like we can't be denied" isn't trash talk, you could say its arrogance but its not trash talk.

Its just talking his own team up. Its a confidence thing. I'm pretty sure he said "WE FEEL like we can't be beat" instead of "we can't be beat". That's a huge difference.

Trash talk is when Cromartie on the Jets said "he hated Brady", or when Bart Scott said the "Pats defense couldn't stop a nosebleed" (although truthful, it was a huge diss) or when Welker dissed Rex's foot fetish.

This year, when Nicks said "Revis was decent" or when Rolle said "we'd beat the Skins 99 out of 100x" is trash talk.

Saying the Niners defense is very good though the secondary, as good as they are, isn't the best the Giants have faced isn't trash talk in my book.

To bring this thread back on track -- which it deserves. Yes, what you say is true and very well stated.

The thing about human nature is that the other team is not going to gain a whole lot of motivation when they hear their opponent say anything along the line of: "We think we will win."

However, when a former 49er player says of Brandon Jacobs, "he's soft," that is a whole 'nother story. That is a line for which I am thankful. It is the one statement in any war of words that could make a difference, for I imagine Brandon will start out like a bull in a China shop on Sunday.

gianthole
01-19-2012, 08:20 PM

What...the Niners want the Giants pulling out the old "they're the best team, best defense, best at everything" card? They wanted him to say he IS intimidated???

To bring this thread back on track -- which it deserves. Yes, what you say is true and very well stated.

The thing about human nature is that the other team is not going to gain a whole lot of motivation when they hear their opponent say anything along the line of: "We think we will win."

However, when a former 49er player says of Brandon Jacobs, "he's soft," that is a whole 'nother story. That is a line for which I am thankful. It is the one statement in any war of words that could make a difference, for I imagine Brandon will start out like a bull in a China shop on Sunday.

I'm hoping he brings the same fire as when he plays Dallas. I swear he forgets to take his medication on those days.

GiantWarfare
01-20-2012, 12:52 AM

+1

Thanks Rice! If anything, at least we know BJ will be plenty motivated this wknd...