PDA

View Full Version : Steve Spagnuolo has agreed to join the New Orleans Saints as new defensive coordinator

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Per Jay Glazer on twitter. Ouchie.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
He'll be a HC candidate in 1-2 years again.

Kase-1
01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
What happened to Greg Williams??

BornBrooklyn
01-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Williams signed with the Rams

Rudyy
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Per Jay Glazer on twitter. Ouchie. Good luck to him.

Eli TO Shockey
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Better than the eagles

BornBrooklyn
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
I think they come to MetLife next season.

Idkaname
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Don't be surprised if their d is average next year

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Don't be surprised if their d is average next yearVery possible.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 06:10 PM
MEH [*-)][8-)][|-)]

RedskinHater
01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Just one more " defensive genius " who was lucky
to have the players

derekunion28
01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
atm i could care less

bigblue4417
01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Better than the eagles
Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Just one more " defensive genius " who was lucky
to have the playersThen what makes a good coach?

shotcalla39
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Wow all they need he is a pass rusher .. would not be surprised to see new orleans give up their first round pick 4 Osi . because they are built to win right now

greenca190
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Good for him. Great position to be in.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
He went with Fisher

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Better than the eaglesThat is so true. I guess Reid really did piss him off enough. Good for Spags. Wish him luck. Just not vs us.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Spag wont be doing much for the Saints either, watching him call all those vanilla D plays for the Rams was pathetic. Saints should have gone for Nolan rather than Spags

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Spag wont be doing much for the Saints either, watching him call all those vanilla D plays for the Rams was pathetic. Saints should have gone for Nolan rather than Spags
Oh wow that one hurt. The level of noner trolls is dropping fast.

Axels15
01-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Man, that is a perfect fit for him

They will be a force, even more than this year

Scary

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 06:47 PM
NFL CHANNEL SAYS IT'S NOT SIGNED YET?

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM

Did I make a statement looking to hurt anyone's feelings? Looks like anything you comment on is nothing relevant.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Spag wont be doing much for the Saints either, watching him call all those vanilla D plays for the Rams was pathetic.* Saints should have gone for Nolan rather than Spags
I think you meant Ken Flajole.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Did I make a statement looking to hurt anyone's feelings? Looks like anything you comment on is nothing relevant.
Child Please save the passive-aggressive for the noners board.

JMFP2
01-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Better than the eagles
+1

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Thanks for calling me child, by the look of your avatar Ms Geriatric, it may be time to take your ativan for the night.

Gianthunter
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Thanks for calling me child, by the look of your avatar Ms Geriatric, it may be time to take your ativan for the night.
You truly are clueless[:D] shootin fish in a barrel.

tripleaamin9
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
the stadium curse is going to hit them (if your team hosts the super bowl that team has a down year)

ebick
01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
He went with Fisher</P>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh well, all the luck to him

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Spag wont be doing much for the Saints either, watching him call all those vanilla D plays for the Rams was pathetic.* Saints should have gone for Nolan rather than Spags

Did I make a statement looking to hurt anyone's feelings?* Looks like anything you comment on is nothing relevant.

You truly are clueless[:D] shootin fish in a barrel.lmfao. These 49ers cannot even troll correctly. It is definitely shooting fish in the barrel.

DragonSoul
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
He went with Fisher</P>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</P>Williams is very good friends w/Fisher, and after the Saints were near the bottom of the defensive stats, it was a great excuse for them to part ways.

thePlaxico
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Fewell has done a fine job, we don't need spags.

CDN_G-FAN
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
happy we'll be finding out if spags still has it as a DC in NO instead of Philly.

Tox
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
He went with Fisher</p>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</p>Williams is very good friends w/Fisher, and after the Saints were near the bottom of the defensive stats, it was a great excuse for them to part ways.

pretty much... after the lack of adjustments defensively to what the 49ers did offensively in the 4th quarter, I would not be surprised if this parting was mutual. Williams glad to join Fisher. The Saints not all that unhappy to see him go. The D has underperformed the past couple of years. We are achingly thin and undertalented at LB, but we've spent picks on defense and have talent better than the product. Some of this (at the very least) is on Williams and his coaching.

I am glad to see this move. We don't have the talent in the front 7 that Spagnuolo had when he was in NY, but I am hoping he can squeeze more out of them than Williams did.

I am glad for the change and hopeful for what it means next year.

As for the comment earlier in the thread about trading a 1st for Osi - the Saints don't have a first in this year's draft. Just fyi.

NYGRealityCheck
01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Greg Williams to the Rams.
Spags to the Saints.

That's just basically a swap?

DelawareGiants
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Spags has tough job ahead of him-they will probably have zero room under the cap especially after resigning Drew Brees. Spags will most likely be a candidate for head coaching job in a couple years. Hey maybe even the Giants when TC retires.

poppa smurph
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM
He went with Fisher</P>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</P>Williams is very good friends w/Fisher, and after the Saints were near the bottom of the defensive stats, it was a great excuse for them to part ways.

pretty much... after the lack of adjustments defensively to what the 49ers did offensively in the 4th quarter, I would not be surprised if this parting was mutual. Williams glad to join Fisher. The Saints not all that unhappy to see him go. The D has underperformed the past couple of years. We are achingly thin and undertalented at LB, but we've spent picks on defense and have talent better than the product. Some of this (at the very least) is on Williams and his coaching.

I am glad to see this move. We don't have the talent in the front 7 that Spagnuolo had when he was in NY, but I am hoping he can squeeze more out of them than Williams did.

I am glad for the change and hopeful for what it means next year.

As for the comment earlier in the thread about trading a 1st for Osi - the Saints don't have a first in this year's draft. Just fyi.
I'd part with Osi for a 2 in this years draft plus a conditional in the following year[;)]

giantyankee1976
01-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Better than the eaglesThat is so true. I guess Reid really did piss him off enough. Good for Spags. Wish him luck. Just not vs us.

LOL

so many Eagirl fans were hoping for Spags to return to their dysfunctional fold.

greenca190
01-22-2012, 01:23 AM

Did I make a statement looking to hurt anyone's feelings?* Looks like anything you comment on is nothing relevant.

Well, I'm a Giants fan, and I thought that was funny.