PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thing my dad heard on the radio..

DJloves
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
When he drives to Cincinnati for work, he listens to Mike & Mike. They came up with some statistic to predict who would win every play off game. Rather than give a score to a team's overall offense or defense, they give a score to how good that offense will do against the opponents specific defense and vice-versa. Well, so far they have predicted every single playoff game correctly (including NY vs GB and even Denver vs Pitt) using this data except for the Saints-SF game, which really could have gone either way.

Anyway, the predictions for this weekend is a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
could you believe Chris Collinsworth says Giants have the fewest weaknesses of any playoff team left? He also predicts Giants-Patriots SB.

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.

DJloves
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
could you believe Chris Collinsworth says Giants have the fewest weaknesses of any playoff team left? He also predicts Giants-Patriots SB.

Two things scare me about this game:

1. Us turning the ball over
2. Our secondary giving too much cushion/playing bad

gianthole
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM

That's nuts! Chris Collinsworth!

DJloves
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.*

Oh, lmao, I don't ever listen to talk shows on the radio or anything and I only watch ESPN for highlights.. my bad.

krygny
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah, they're on a local station here and I think simulcast on ESPN2 on TV (at least they used to be). One of the Mikes is Mike Golic.

Drez
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
When he drives to Cincinnati for work, he listens to Mike &amp; Mike. They came up with some statistic to predict who would win every play off game. Rather than give a score to a team's overall offense or defense, they give a score to how good that offense will do against the opponents specific defense and vice-versa. Well, so far they have predicted every single playoff game correctly (including NY vs GB and even Denver vs Pitt) using this data except for the Saints-SF game, which really could have gone either way. Anyway, the predictions for this weekend is a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.</P>

They were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong in their "Confidence Picks" on the Pitt-Denver game and they also lost the NO-SF game.</P>

I can't remember all their picks for the WC round, though.</P>

billbird2111
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM

East Coast Bias. We're used to it on the West Coast.

All you heard during the season was how awesome the NFC East was. Niners didn't get a shred of a mention until we knocked off Detroit.

After that, East Coast media once again turned away to focus on the Giants, Eagles, Jets, Patriots.

We've been ignored all season. Everyone picked us to finish last in the division. Nobody picked us to beat New Orleans.

Believe me -- this team is playing with a HUGE chip on its shoulder. They still aren't getting the proper respect they deserve. Don't believe me? Watch ESPN tonight. Watch the NFL Network. Tell me how much time is devoted to the Giants, and how much time is devoted to San Francisco.

Tell me how many times Alex Smith is called a "game manager." Man, we love it when you guys on the East Coast do that.

Don't think they don't notice that. Don't for a moment think that Harbaugh isn't using that as leverage.

He's used it all season long.

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Alex Smith is a game manager. Averages 7.0 yard/comp., 176 yards/game. Team ranked 29th in passing. </P>

And BTW Harbaugh talked smack right after the game. It was on NFL Network Sounds of the Game. After win over Saints. He said great result today and we will get the same result next week. </P>

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
just keep winning Giants don't care who they play!

Drez
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio. East Coast Bias. We're used to it on the West Coast. All you heard during the season was how awesome the NFC East was. Niners didn't get a shred of a mention until we knocked off Detroit. After that, East Coast media once again turned away to focus on the Giants, Eagles, Jets, Patriots. We've been ignored all season. Everyone picked us to finish last in the division. Nobody picked us to beat New Orleans. Believe me -- this team is playing with a HUGE chip on its shoulder. They still aren't getting the proper respect they deserve. Don't believe me? Watch ESPN tonight. Watch the NFL Network. Tell me how much time is devoted to the Giants, and how much time is devoted to San Francisco. Tell me how many times Alex Smith is called a "game manager." Man, we love it when you guys on the East Coast do that. Don't think they don't notice that. Don't for a moment think that Harbaugh isn't using that as leverage. He's used it all season long.</P>

Anyone who knows football knows that NO isn't the same playing outdoors, so them losing shouldn't have come to that big of a surprise. But, the fact that they turned the ball over 5 times and you guys still needed a last second win is telling...</P>

Yes, the East Coast teams will get more attention on ESPN tonight. For the most partwe drive better ratings than most West Coast teams. Get over it. Particularly the Giants. We are one of the 5 most popular teams in the NFL. Of course the networks are going to spend more attention on us... They'll be able to get more money from advertisers thatway. This isn't the 80's or 90's anymore. After nearly a decade of crap play the 49ers have become insignificant in the eyes of national media. Put together another year like this next season and you'll see that change some. But, don't blame the media because people outside of the WC don't care much about SF anymore.</P>

Alex Smith is a game manager.Last weekshowed that he can be more, but isn't yet. He's been in the NFL for 7 years, and this is the first time he's had a respectable season. But, he didn't put up awesome stats. 3144 yds, 17 tds, and an amazing5 picks (no sarcasm there, that's a great job of protecting the ball).He also threw it fewer than all but a couple teams this year. That says game manager. It says, the game plan is for the defense and running game will win us the game... Just don't do anything to screw it up. As I said, does he have the potential to be more? Yes. Is he more than that right now in your system? No. </P>

If you guys need anything more than that this game decides who goes to the SB as motivation...</P>

</P>

lnp12
01-20-2012, 12:57 AM

All you heard during the season was how awesome the NFC East was. Niners didn't get a shred of a mention until we knocked off Detroit.

After that, East Coast media once again turned away to focus on the Giants, Eagles, Jets, Patriots.

We've been ignored all season. Everyone picked us to finish last in the division. Nobody picked us to beat New Orleans.

Believe me -- this team is playing with a HUGE chip on its shoulder. They still aren't getting the proper respect they deserve. Don't believe me? Watch ESPN tonight. Watch the NFL Network. Tell me how much time is devoted to the Giants, and how much time is devoted to San Francisco.

Tell me how many times Alex Smith is called a "game manager." Man, we love it when you guys on the East Coast do that.

Don't think they don't notice that. Don't for a moment think that Harbaugh isn't using that as leverage.

Go pick up the latest issue of Sports Illustrated...
for the conference games they gave one team a full article and the opposing team a small insert/subset of an article...guess who got the full article?

That's right, your "under-appreciated" 49ers. They receieved a 3 page spread where the Giants got one page about Eli. I found the article really interesting, actually, because your team has a cool story. I'm not posting this to be bitter, I'm just saying I don't think the 9ers are being as slept on as you think.

People know this isn't going to be an easy game, why else do you think everyone is basically saying it's a pick 'em, and will most likely come down to one big play?

GiantWarfare
01-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Alex Smith is a game manager.* Averages 7.0 yard/comp., 176 yards/game.* Team ranked 29th in passing.* </P>

And BTW Harbaugh talked smack right after the game.* It was on NFL Network Sounds of the Game.* After win over Saints.* He said great result today and we will get the same result next week. </P>

LOL Niners fans think its an insult to call Smith what he really is.

It is what it is. Smith has been a very good game manager this year.

When you BARELY break 3000 yds passing, throw for UNDER 7.5 ypc, average UNDER 200 yds per game, average UNDER 30 throws a game, and had less than 45 big plays over 20 yds and only 6 that went for 40 yds or more, you're essentially a game manager.

Smith has been carried by a great run game and the best defense in the league (at least one of the top 3).

Credit to Smith, he has been very efficient, made the throws he needed to at the times he needed to but he has been a game manager this year.

Doesn't mean he can't shoulder the load in a crucial situation to help his team win but for the most part, he's been aided by a great team put around him.

The future is bright w/ him under Harbaugh though, and he def has the potential to develop into a surefire franchise QB.

He's been A reason for the Niners success but not THE reason.

GCGiant
01-20-2012, 08:04 AM

If you are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...beware! That light is an oncoming train that is steamrolling it's way towards Indy.

MattMeyerBud
01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
When he drives to Cincinnati for work, he listens to Mike &amp; Mike. They came up with some statistic to predict who would win every play off game. Rather than give a score to a team's overall offense or defense, they give a score to how good that offense will do against the opponents specific defense and vice-versa. Well, so far they have predicted every single playoff game correctly (including NY vs GB and even Denver vs Pitt) using this data except for the Saints-SF game, which really could have gone either way.

Anyway, the predictions for this weekend is a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.

hopfully hes wrong and its a Giants-Ravens SB

I WANT REVENGE