PDA

View Full Version : Giants Honorary Cpts. For sunday ...

G-Men Surg.
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
pat hanlon
@giantspathanlon
#Giants honorary captains for Sunday's NFC Champ Game in Candlestick Park: Mark Bavaro, Rich Seubert and Michael Strahan aka @michaelstrahan
19 minutes ago via web

Great ! Sweet seeing Mark in SF, lots of great memories for the big guy on that field ......

derekunion28
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
hmm who are sanfrans

Voldamort
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I like that 3

cken
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Totally unrelated, but reminds me of something Rich was quoted on before that I laughed my butt off about:

"Call me anything you want when I'm at the top of my game, Soybert, Cyborg, whatever. But if I miss a block, call me Chris Snee."

G-Men Surg.
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Totally unrelated, but reminds me of something Rich was quoted on before that I laughed my butt off about:

"Call me anything you want when I'm at the top of my game, Soybert, Cyborg, whatever. But if I miss a block, call me Chris Snee."
LOL ! i

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Does this mean that Strahan isn't going to be in the studio for covering the game with the fox crew?

RoanokeFan
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Now THAT is ALL IN!

RoanokeFan
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Does this mean that Strahan isn't going to be in the studio for covering the game with the fox crew?

Is either game on FOX?

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
hmm who are sanfrans

Eddie DeBartolo the former owner who brought 5 Lombardi Trophies under his ownership

NY_Eli
01-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I like the selection. Glad to see the giants are honoring their less popular players like Seubert.

RoanokeFan
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I like the selection. Glad to see the giants are honoring their less popular players like Seubert.

Seubert is less popular? Than who?

supergiants07
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM

The fox guys will be at the game. Terry Bradshaw always hands out the NFC Championship trophy

G-Men Surg.
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM

The fox guys will be at the game. Terry Bradshaw always hands out the NFC Championship trophy
Sweeeet ! Hope to see grumpy old Bradshaw handing another Thropy to coach Coughlin .
Do you guys remember this,

" Since Fox will televise Super Bowl XLII, he will have plenty of face time. Perhaps Fox will even replay some of Bradshaw's Coughlin commentary. Like when, on Fox's "NFL Sunday," he called Coughlin "mean," "hateful" and a "jerk." A week after making those comments, Bradshaw attributed his harsh characterizations to being "emotional" about "football and its players."

HA !

harrycarson
01-19-2012, 08:01 PM

Seubert is less popular?* Than who?

Well how bout LT, or Jim Burt, or even ohara, joe morris, phil simms, phil mcConkey, well anyone, I think I see his point, so cmon RO!! Stop being pricky...

bLuereverie
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I would be a d.ck to SF and march Leonard Marshall, OJ and Hoss to the 50 yard line.

jomo
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Seubert is less popular? Than who?
Tiki [;)]

Axels15
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM

Is either game on FOX?

Pretty sure Giants are on Fox

Axels15
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
sorry, double post

fourth&forever
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
GOOD CHOICE!
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0920/nfl_a_bavaro_576.jpg

NY_Eli
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM

By 'popular' I guess I meant 'recognizable'. Obviously more people know who Strahan is.

NY_Eli
01-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Well how bout LT, or Jim Burt, or even ohara, joe morris, phil simms, phil mcConkey, well anyone, I think I see his point, so cmon RO!! Stop being pricky...

Add Strahan and Bavaro to that list. I'm not insulting him at all just he's not as famous as those other guys, so I'm glad he's being recognized.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 10:14 PM
pat hanlon
@giantspathanlon
#Giants honorary captains for Sunday's NFC Champ Game in Candlestick Park: Mark Bavaro, Rich Seubert and Michael Strahan aka @michaelstrahan
19 minutes ago via web

Great ! Sweet seeing Mark in SF, lots of great memories for the big guy on that field ......
I was sweating that one for a second -- I saw Pat Hanlon's name at the beginning and I thought that that clown was going to be our honorary captain.

Bavaro, yes, for that great 15 yard run with Lott and 49ers draped all over him. But my other two would have been Jim Burt for the hellacious hit he put on Montana in '86 playoffs, and Leonard Marshall for the career ending (as a 49er) hit on Montana in the '91 NFC champ game. And I'd do a fourth -- Matt Bahr since his leg scored all our points in that '91 game.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 10:17 PM
hmm who are sanfrans

Eddie DeBartolo the former owner who brought 5 Lombardi Trophies under his ownership

Great choice. I felt bad when he had to sell. He was a great owner.

fourth&forever
01-19-2012, 10:42 PM
pat hanlon
@giantspathanlon
19 minutes ago via web

I was sweating that one for a second -- I saw Pat Hanlon's name at the beginning and I thought that that clown was going to be our honorary captain.

Bavaro, yes, for that great 15 yard run with Lott and 49ers draped all over him. But my other two would have been Jim Burt for the hellacious hit he put on Montana in '86 playoffs, and Leonard Marshall for the career ending (as a 49er) hit on Montana in the '91 NFC champ game. And I'd do a fourth -- Matt Bahr since his leg scored all our points in that '91 game.
I agree with you mostly but have to leave Burt out of it. To me he's like General Arnold in the revolutionary war. The hero of Saratoga, horse shot out from under him. Nearly lost a leg. If he dies there, he would have gone down in history as one of our alltime great heros.
But instead he joins the enemy and tries to give away West Point. Or in Burt's case joins the niners and cheap-shots Hostetler's knee.
Please, no honors for Benedict Burt.