PDA

View Full Version : Another stat-9 sack game vs SF Sunday night?

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
the giants were tied with the baltimore for 3rd most sacks in the season.

week 12, buffalo(edit-it was baltimore, sorry bout that) played SF, and they registered 9 sacks.

Baltimore doesnt have near the DL we do, and I'm confident Fewell can exploit those same weaknesses.

Seeing as how Alex Smith was the most sacked qb and how he threw less attempts than almost every starting QB, this Giant DL is going to FEAST on sunday night.

calling it right now, DL dominated with a 5+sack game and we virtually destroy SF from the start. the final score won't represent how badly we wooped em itll be like 28-17.

but yea, another one of those interesting, interpret it as you will statistics.

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Where do you get this info from? 49ers never played the Bills this season hahaha!

Tuckit91
01-19-2012, 09:06 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>FAIL!</FONT>

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:06 PM
the giants were tied with the buffalo bills for 3rd most sacks in the season.

week 12, buffalo played SF, and they registered 12, thats right TWELVE, sacks.

Buffalo doesnt have near the DL we do, and I'm confident Fewell, having coached in Buffalo and knowing alot of those defensive players, will be able to study that game tape and develop a strategy of his own that exploits the same weaknesses Buffalo exploited.

Seeing as how Alex Smith was the most sacked qb and how he threw less attempts than almost every starting QB, this Giant DL is going to FEAST on sunday night.

calling it right now, DL dominated with a 5+sack game and we virtually destroy SF from the start. the final score won't represent how badly we wooped em itll be like 28-17.

We never played Buffalo.
We played Baltimore, and they have one of the best defenses in the NFL this year.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Ouch

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM

Buffalo doesnt have near the DL we do, and I'm confident Fewell, having coached in Buffalo and knowing alot of those defensive players, will be able to study that game tape and develop a strategy of his own that exploits the same weaknesses Buffalo exploited.

Not to mention it was 9 sacks vs Baltimore, not 12.

GMENAGAIN
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
the giants were tied with the buffalo bills for 3rd most sacks in the season. week 12, buffalo played SF, and they registered 12, thats right TWELVE, sacks. Buffalo doesnt have near the DL we do, and I'm confident Fewell, having coached in Buffalo and knowing alot of those defensive players, will be able to study that game tape and develop a strategy of his own that exploits the same weaknesses Buffalo exploited. Seeing as how Alex Smith was the most sacked qb and how he threw less attempts than almost every starting QB, this Giant DL is going to FEAST on sunday night. calling it right now, DL dominated with a 5+sack game and we virtually destroy SF from the start. the final score won't represent how badly we wooped em itll be like 28-17. but yea, another one of those interesting, interpret it as you will statistics.</P>

[:^)]</P>

AllTuckedUp
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
OP took off.

FlipNYG77
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
not going anywhere for a while?grab a snicker

REDx85xGOLD
01-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Must be smoking Cali's finest weed

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Must be smoking Cali's finest weed
Some of that real sticky icky icky

KidA
01-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, this is embarrassing...

un3ek9er
01-19-2012, 09:25 PM
We were without Joe Staley, pro bowl Olineman during the Bmore game. Him not being in turned Anthony Davis into a turnstyle.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
We were without Joe Staley, pro bowl Olineman during the Bmore game. Him not being in turned Anthony Davis into a turnstyle.Oh yes he was. He played 16 games this year.

un3ek9er
01-19-2012, 09:37 PM
We were without Joe Staley, pro bowl Olineman during the Bmore game. Him not being in turned Anthony Davis into a turnstyle.Oh yes he was. He played 16 games this year.It was Adam Snyder who was out, my bad. Still, without him, Davis was the suckerz.

Eli TO Shockey
\http://cdn2.hark.com/images/000/002/123/2123/original.jpg

JayDAche
We were without Joe Staley, pro bowl Olineman during the Bmore game. Him not being in turned Anthony Davis into a turnstyle.

We lost Adam Snyder that game.
Whereas they threw in Chilo Rachal.

We were also missing Miller at FB.

Staley was Active and played.

un3ek9er
01-19-2012, 09:40 PM

Staley was Active and played.I know, I fixed it. :) We all know how horrible Rachal is.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Staley was Active and played.Snyder has been terrible this year. Why doesn't Rachal play anymore? He was pretty good last year.

miked1958
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM

9 is still pretty bad

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 09:46 PM

We never played Buffalo.
We played Baltimore, and they have one of the best defenses in the NFL this year.
and just because one D did it, does not mean that it's going to happen again. 12 sacks is an outrider, rather than indicative.

Actually, if the Ravens had 12 sacks against Smith, then he really didn't get sacked all that much throughout the rest of the season, which would not bode well for the Giants.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Staley was Active and played.Snyder has been terrible this year. Why doesn't Rachal play anymore? He was pretty good last year.

Huhh...?
Snyder has easily been one of our best OLinemen this year.

Rachal is terrible.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:49 PM

9 is still pretty bad

Oh I completely agree.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM

We never played Buffalo.
and just because one D did it, does not mean that it's going to happen again. 12 sacks is outrider, rather than indicative.

Actually, if the Ravens had 12 sacks against Smith, then he really didn't get sacked all that much throughout the rest of the season, which would not bode well for the Giants.

35 Sacks not including the Ravens game.

calzonesays
01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Problem is refs let the opposing O-Line hold quite a bit. Then call phantom personal foul penalties on NYG.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Huhh...?

Rachal is terrible.Rachal was a decent OL, this year he got benched after what, 3 games?

Snyder has been pretty bad. You realize most of the pressure and sacks from your line are coming from the right side. Snyder is definitely part of that. Davis as well.

And sure he is one of your best lineman, he's top 5 on your team!

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM

Huhh...?

Rachal is terrible.Rachal was a decent OL, this year he got benched after what, 3 games?

Snyder has been pretty bad. You realize most of the pressure and sacks from your line are coming from the right side. Snyder is definitely part of that. Davis as well.

Of our linemen, Davis "IS" the weak spot in the line.

They put Snyder on that side in an attempt to solidify the line a little more.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Huhh...?

Of our linemen, Davis "IS" the weak spot in the line.

They put Snyder on that side in an attempt to solidify the line a little more.No, they put Snyder there because Rachal had 3 penalties, and a pair of sacks given up vs. the Bengals. Snyder and Davis have been your worst lineman.

Staley, Iupati, and Goodwin have been all pretty solid, with Iupati being by far your best lineman. Your left side of the line is miles ahead of the right.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 10:09 PM

We never played Buffalo.
and just because one D did it, does not mean that it's going to happen again. 12 sacks is outrider, rather than indicative.

Take out the Ravens game and that's only a little over 2 sacks per game -- that's good protection and / or getting rid of the ball before getting it's too late.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:11 PM

We never played Buffalo.

Take out the Ravens game and that's only a little over 2 sacks per game -- that's good protection and / or getting rid of the ball before getting it's too late.

You'll see Alex take a sack before he throws it away...

I think I've only seen him throw it away maybe 5-10 times this year.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:37 PM
oh my bad. again nfl network comes back to bite me in the ***.

they full out said in week 12 the 9ers played the bills who we were tied with in sacks and they had a 9 sack game.

oh my bad i see what i did there i ****ed up from jump street.

who did the 9ers play week 12? whoever it was i think we were tied with them for sacks for 3rd place

my bad again.

and gmen0820, "ouch", cmon u think i really care? i took what nfl network said and ran with it, and just got all out of sorts bc i was incorrect from the title on.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:39 PM

9 is still pretty bad

yeah thats where i got the numbers confused. it was week 12 and i just recollected it incorrectly. not 12 sacks, but 9 in week 12 with baltimore who we're tied with for 3rd in the nfl for sacks.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:42 PM

i got the team wrong, baltimore/buffalo...thats an epic fail?? and i confused the week with the number of sacks. my bad again tho.

Eli TO Shockey
01-19-2012, 10:44 PM

i got the team wrong, baltimore/buffalo...thats an epic fail?? and i confused the week with the number of sacks. my bad again tho.

It's all good man. All in good fun

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SACKS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG

nfl.com link to sack leaders for the 2011 reg. season. yes it was baltimore, my bad. i guess i just heard the team incorrectly. then i confused week 12 with the number of sacks.

still, 9 sacks in one game? well, i am still extremely confident the giants will feast on alex smith.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SACKS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG

nfl.com link to sack leaders for the 2011 reg. season. yes it was baltimore, my bad. i guess i just heard the team incorrectly. then i confused week 12 with the number of sacks.

still, 9 sacks in one game? well, i am still extremely confident the giants will feast on alex smith.Keep in mind that they had to travel cross country to play in Baltimore (where the Ravens are dominant) against a really good D.

I think we can feast on Alex Smith, but not necessarily because of that game though

JayDAche

Well those are two HUGE differences.

Eli TO Shockey
Your mistake doesn't discredit the point you are trying to make. Baltimore lit up smith . We need to bring the same type of pressure. But, most importantly , we need to stop the run. Put them I'm 3rd and 5+ situations.

JayDAche
01-19-2012, 10:50 PM

still, 9 sacks in one game? well, i am still extremely confident the giants will feast on alex smith.Keep in mind that they had to travel cross country to play in Baltimore (where the Ravens are dominant) against a really good D.

I think we can feast on Alex Smith, but not necessarily because of that game though

Across the country, and it was a Thursday night game.

giantsfan420
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

if baltimore could do it with really only 2 pass rushers the caliber of our 4 (suggs and ngata, and even then ngata is a beast at run stuffing)we certainly should be able to.

gmen0820
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Across the country, and it was a Thursday night game.Thought I put that in there. Too many asterisks. I mean, we played SF once, that should be the model. Not prior or following weeks.

bflo23
01-19-2012, 10:54 PM
49er fans reply:

"9 sacks are good because Alex Smith didn't force passes and have 9 interceptions."