PDA

View Full Version : Put Webster on Davis when he spreads out in Nickel and Dime situations

VBGiantsFan
01-20-2012, 01:19 AM
The Jets did this with Revis against the Chargers and Antonio Gates 2 years ago, especially on 3rd downs, and it worked like a charm.

While Webster is not as good as Revis, Davis is not as good as Gates was then. I think Ross can cover Crabtree and I'm not concerned with anyone else that Rolle and Amikamura couldn't handle.

I say we take away Smith's security blanket.

EliTE
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM
i'd rather just bracket him with a LB and S or 2 safeties

rainierjef
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM
The Jets did this with Revis against the Chargers and Antonio Gates 2 years ago, especially on 3rd downs, and it worked like a charm.

While Webster is not as good as Revis, Davis is not as good as Gates was then. I think Ross can cover Crabtree and I'm not concerned with anyone else that Rolle and Amikamura couldn't handle.

I say we take away Smith's security blanket.

or.... just put boley or prince on him. boley will tackle him better / prince will keep pace and cover better poison is yours too choose

VBGiantsFan
01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
i'd rather just bracket him with a LB and S or 2 safeties

Except I think Webster can cover him man to man, so we can free our safeties for help on the outside, where Smith will most likely throw if Webster successfully takes away Davis.

EliTE
01-20-2012, 01:47 AM
but if we bracket davis with boley/williams and grant, that will leave webster to lock down crabtree 1 on 1, ross on their other receiver and philips as the deep safety to help out ross. have rolle cover the other TE or play deep as well.

lol in all honesty there are multiple ways to go about this and the best bet is to mix it up and confuse alex smith.

i'm sure the down and distance as well as what they're trying to do as the game goes along will dictate how we play them on D. last time we stacked the box and they hit us with a lot of quick passes.

bLuereverie
01-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Delanie and Gore both warrant attention in the passing game when Davis is out there.

I was expecting to see Webster on Davis. They put him on Jordy Nelson and Roddy White. Might as well just throw him at yet another team's big play threat.