PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin Coaching W / L Splits:

TuckYou
11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
This is why I am not at all comfortable yet saying we are a playoff team. We have been here before. </P>

2004: 5-3 &lt;&gt;1-7 (Eli's rookies year, goes 1-6 to finish year)
2005: 6-2 &lt;&gt; 5-3 (1st round loss to Panthers)
2006: 6-2 &lt;&gt; 2-6 (1st round loss to Eagles)
2007: 6-2 &lt;&gt; 4-4 (Won Superbowl)
2008: 7-1 &lt;&gt; 5-3 (started 11-1, then 1-3, 1st round loss to Eagles)
2009: 5-3 &lt;&gt; 3-5 (Started 5-0, then 3-8)
2010: 6-2 &lt;&gt; 4-4 (lost 2 of last 3 to miss playoffs)
2011: 6-2 &lt;&gt; ***3-5 *** UPDATED (Won 3 of last 4 to win the division!)
</P>

Got to finish strong. Beating the Patriots made me feel a lot better about our team, but Im a little worried because they were celebrating like they just won the superbowl because of the comparison. </P>

jakegibbs
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
This is why I am not at all comfortable yet saying we are a playoff team. We have been here before. </P>

2004: 5-3 <>*1-7 (Eli's rookies year, goes 1-6 to finish year)
2005: 6-2 <> 5-3 (1st round loss to Panthers)
2006: 6-2 <> 2-6 (1st round loss to Eagles)
2007: 6-2 <> 4-4 (Won Superbowl)
2008: 7-1 <> 5-3 (started 11-1, then 1-3, 1st round loss to Eagles)
2009: 5-3 <> 3-5 (Started 5-0, then 3-8)
2010: 6-2 <> 4-4 (lost 2 of last 3 to miss playoffs)
2011: 6-2 <> ??????
</P>

Got to finish strong. Beating the Patriots made me feel a lot better about our team, but Im a little worried because they were celebrating like they just won the superbowl because of the comparison. </P>

I'd take 4-4 split right now if I was garanteed that would get them in the playoffs. Wouldn't you?

TuckYou
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM

2011: 6-2 &lt;&gt; ??????
</P>

I'd take 4-4 split right now if I was garanteed that would get them in the playoffs. Wouldn't you?</P>

Right now, 10 wins might not get us in the way the NFC is racking up wins. Hell, 11 wins might not with the wrong loses to the wrong teams,unless we win the division.</P>

giantman8493
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
An undefeated season will garentee a playoff spot.....

egyptian420
11-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I honestly don't care about any of these stats, this is the kind of stuff rival fans and the media keep saying to discourage us. The past doesn't dictate the future, none of that stuff means a damn thing here in 2011. Lets take it 1 game at a time and get this W against SF!!

MikeIsaGiant
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Let us have faith, I'm confident this team can get at least win 4 games out of the 8

GameTime
11-08-2011, 04:31 PM

</P>

</P>

there are only 6-2 with the hardest sched in the NFL coming up...</P>

you shouldnt be comfortable and neither should the Giants.</P>

they have a lot of work ahead of them.....</P>

DJloves
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
It seems wrong to think of us only going 4-4 for the rest of the year even if that gets us in the playoffs because we are 6-2 now... but we do have a ridiciously tough schedule ahead.

Those stats are pretty difficult to swallow.

DJloves
11-08-2011, 04:37 PM

</P>

</P>

there are only 6-2* with the hardest sched in the NFL coming up...</P>

Only 6-2? A lot of teams would love to have that record and have that control of their own fate.

Vtgmenfan89
11-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Well looking at the past couple years alone, the main reasons we collapsed:

08- plax shot himself
09- sheridan's scheme, no safeties
10- turnover pandemic and the eagles collapse (ugh)

Looking at those 3 years, in 08 we were 11-1 and primed to make another super bowl run before that idiot shot himself...I think we have the most complete and consistent roster since then, and Eli is also much better at this point. Which gives me reason to believe that this year will be different, as we have a good secondary right now and we're not turning the ball over nearly as much. +7 or so in differential I believe.

Oh and we just held the Pats to 20 at home, shutting them out in the first half. I know everyone is saying that wasn't a big game because they're an afc opponent, but it really was a huge win for this team going into this ridiculous stretch of really tough games. If they can continue to play like that, we can beat anybody. Plus unless we really do collapse again, playing these teams will only get us ready for the playoffs. All of them are nfc teams besides Jets unless I'm mistaken, and we're more than likely going to have to play some of them again in playoffs if we get in and make a run.

TuckYou
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM

</P>

</P>

Only 6-2? A lot of teams would love to have that record and have that control of their own fate.</P>

Id take 6-2 everytime. We beat the Pats and Bills, Eagles. We lost to 2 teams we shouldnt of lost to but 6-2 works. The Seattle lose was tough, but the Pats win negated it IMO. Time to beat the 49ers. Alex Smith is a fraud.</P>

DJloves
11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Well looking at the past couple years alone, the main reasons we collapsed:

08- plax shot himself
09- sheridan's scheme, no safeties
10- turnover pandemic and the eagles collapse (ugh)

Looking at those 3 years, in 08 we were 11-1 and primed to make another super bowl run before that idiot shot himself...I think we have the most complete and consistent roster since then, and Eli is also much better at this point. Which gives me reason to believe that this year will be different, as we have a good secondary right now and we're not turning the ball over nearly as much. +7 or so in differential I believe.

Oh and we just held the Pats to 20 at home, shutting them out in the first half. I know everyone is saying that wasn't a big game because they're an afc opponent, but it really was a huge win for this team going into this ridiculous stretch of really tough games. If they can continue to play like that, we can beat anybody. Plus unless we really do collapse again, playing these teams will only get us ready for the playoffs. All of them are nfc teams besides Jets unless I'm mistaken, and we're more than likely going to have to play some of them again in playoffs if we get in and make a run.

People who say Sunday's win wasn't important because Pats are in the AFC are dumb. Not only was it a huge confidence booster to beat a really good team but if we lost the cowboys would only be one game behind.

GiantPride27
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
quit living in the past.

GameTime
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM

</P>

</P>

Only 6-2? A lot of teams would love to have that record and have that control of their own fate.</P>

Id take 6-2 everytime. We beat the Pats and Bills, Eagles. We lost to 2 teams we shouldnt of lost to but 6-2 works. The Seattle lose was tough, but the Pats win negated it IMO. Time to beat the 49ers. Alex Smith is a fraud.</P>

</P>

I wasn't down playing the 6-2 at all I was just saying I wont look more than one game ahead and its a new season and I cant worry about the collapses from other years...</P>

I am psyched they are 6-2 and I think they beat up the niners this sunday....</P>

Pakman
11-08-2011, 05:00 PM

</P>

</P>

there are only 6-2* with the hardest sched in the NFL coming up...</P>

Bingo!!
There is no reason for this team to take this season lightly. We know what we are up against and no one believes in us.

I am just taking it one game at a time.

TuckYou
11-08-2011, 05:07 PM
All I hear now since we beat the Pats is how they are done and arent a good team. I love when the media does that. If we beat the 49ers next week, they will say how the 49ers have no QB and arent that good. </P>

GiantPride27
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
All I hear now since we beat the Pats is how they are done and arent a good team. I love when the media does that. If we beat the 49ers next week, they will say how the 49ers have no QB and arent that good. </P>

the media got spoiled over the last 5 or 6 years when you had Indy and NE going 13-0 every year then NE finally going 16-0. they think if you loose one game you cant win a SB. football is a gmae that is played over an entire season. one thing that makes teams great is the abiltiy to come bakc after a loss and get a big win and to over come adversity. Sports news is trying to kill the essence of football

NYG 5
11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
quit living in the past.

Can't bury your head when there's an obvious trend.
2004 injuries
2005 injuries going into the playoffs, eli inexperience
2006 injuries and gutlessness
2008 was due to the beginning of the end for certain players. O'hara, Toomer, Pierce etc with players too raw to replace them

2009 was just a spineless team

2010 was bad luck that spawned a total loss in team confidence, coupled with some injuries and some bad but devastating single plays.

The common factors here are injuries, an inability to adjust down the stretch, and lack of toughness

gmen46
11-08-2011, 06:11 PM

</P>

I'd take 4-4 split right now if I was garanteed that would get them in the playoffs. Wouldn't you?</P>

Right now, 10 wins might not get us in the way the NFC is racking up wins. Hell, 11 wins might not with the wrong loses to the wrong teams,*unless we win the division.</P>

You make an important point about the past 7 seasons' records, although of course this is not news to any Giants fan.

And you have good reason to raise the past record for second half of TC seasons.

But I believe that this season will end differently, due to a couple of reasons, although of course it is all "to be determined".

The Pats had multiple streaks from the past 8 years that were reasons why NO ONE thought the Giants would beat them this year. We all heard them endlessly the past week--their number of consecutive wins after 1 loss, the long streak of home wins under Brady, the number of consecutive home wins vs NFC teams, etc, etc, etc.

All of those streaks were huge, impressive streaks and appeared daunting, overall, to all pundits and many fans (including Giants fans). If it were just 1 streak, people may not have given it a lot of respect. But the sheer number of those different streaks seemed insurmountable.

Not to mention (but everyone did), of course, that the week before, the Giants "just barely" beat the hapless Dolphins.

Well, a 24-20, final drive, victory later, the "insurmountable" was surmounted. As the famous philosopher Sir Strahan once said, "the past is the past".

It's the past as in Eli "passed" us to victory, and as in the past has "passed" us by, it's time to move on.

Add to that the fact that this Giants team--due to the leadership of Eli playing at his career best, and under Coughlin's steady hand--has been playing all 4 quarters, and more importantly has been the best team in the league at FINISHING in the 4th quarter--and therefore the games-- this year.

This is something we have not seen from the Giants since the Ravens or Steelers game (I forget which was later) in 2008, at the very least.

These two items of note--the past is in the past, and our new propensity to finish games stronger than we start them-- are what allow me to believe very strongly that not only will we win the division, but we'll beat the Eagles, the Cowboys at least once, the Redskins, and at least 2 of those 4 non division teams who have winning records at the moment.

We'll go at least 5-3--which we have done twice under Coughlin, if you insist on leaning on his second half record with the Giants--and I'm confident we can go 6-2.

We'll win the division.

And while I understand your expression of concern about the Giants players celebrating Sunday's win like they just won the Super Bowl, I truly believe they have their heads screwed on right for the rest of the season.

For one thing, last year's monumental collapse vs the Eagles is too recent, too painfully and humiliatingly fresh in the minds of all who suffered through it. You can be assured the coaches and all the vets from last year have impressed the pain upon on all the rookies and new Giants this year.

They were extremely jubilant Sunday for sure. And they should have been. It was one of those "we won against all odds" moments that all athletes dream of, in my opinion.

Far from making THIS giants team over confident and careless, as I agree you have reason to fear based upon recent Giants history, I am convinced this win will be seen--at the end of the year--as the turning point in their winning season.

This win will propel them to practice and perform at a very high (perhaps even "overachieving") level from now on, into the playoffs.

This win was the first time in a very, very long time that we saw all three phases of the game --in spite of a small handful of errors -- come together and win as an integrated TEAM.

And it's contagious. All players will want the feeling to continue, I guarantee it.

It will require ambulances, stretchers, and men in white suits to keep Osi, Tuck, Jacobs, Nicks, et al, to keep them off the field from now on.

Jotun_Fan
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
quit living in the past.

Can't bury your head when there's an obvious trend.
2004 injuries
2005 injuries going into the playoffs, eli inexperience
2006 injuries and gutlessness
2008 was due to the beginning of the end for certain players. O'hara, Toomer, Pierce etc with players too raw to replace them

2009 was just a spineless team

2010 was bad luck that spawned a total loss in team confidence, coupled with some injuries and some bad but devastating single plays.

The common factors here are injuries, an inability to adjust down the stretch, and lack of toughness

Well that first common factor is already in place so thats not a good sign...

gmen46
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM

So true. It's laughable, yet they aren't even aware of how clownish they come across when they do it.

Dukes, Eisen and Fran Charles haven't succumbed to that yet, but all the rest on NFLN and ESPN have.

TuckYou
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Second half :</P>

0-1</P>

Loss to the 49ers in a winnable game. Eli looked bad at times chucking the ball up, but the play calling was horrible. Gilbride runs this team like it is a college football program. Shotgun draws all the time instead of I-formation with Jacobs. His redzone play calling is one of the worst in the league.All passes were at least 10-15 yards down field and Eli made some bad passes, getting 2 picked. Another onside kick vs us that no one was paying attention to. A game the Giants should of won, they start their second half with a loss. </P>

TuckYou
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I think Im just going to keep bumping this thread the rest of the season. Im also going to put all my new posts on here so I dont have to create threads many others are already thinking.</P>

As I have been saying all year, let Eli play out the rest of the year. He was always great in October. It is now mid November, second half of the year. This is the time that has always been challenging for him and this team. </P>

Can we stop with the Eli is Elite crap now? Please? He is having a great year to this point yes, but he isnt Tom Brady, he isnt Drew Brees, he isnt his brother or Aaron Rodgers. He is an ABOVE AVERAGE QB. Im not just saying that now that he threw 2 INTs (could of been more with some of those ugly chucks), although he did have some GREAT throws in there as well. Ive been saying it all year and am sticking to it. Eli is around the 10-12th best QB in the league. Above average. It all evens out in the end. Im glad we have him though because he always gives us a chance to win. </P>

Im actaully more upset with the playcalling on offense and defense. Somebody please tell me why we cant run a simple slant? Everything has to be deep passes 10-15-20 yards downfield. It is ridiculous.</P>

TuckYou
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM

0-1</P>

Loss to the 49ers in a winnable game. Eli looked bad at times chucking the ball up, but the play calling was horrible. Gilbride runs this team like it is a college football program. Shotgun draws all the time instead of I-formation with Jacobs. His redzone play calling is one of the worst in the league.All passes were at least 10-15 yards down field and Eli made some bad passes, getting 2 picked. Another onside kick vs us that no one was paying attention to. A game the Giants should of won, they start their second half with a loss. </P>

</P>

Second half:</P>

0-2</P>

After a respectable loss to the now 9-1 49ers, even though the game could of easily been had, the New York Football Giants lose their second game in a row to start the second half collapse to the 3-6, descimated, Philidelphia Eagles squad. If this lose doesnt show you that Kevin Gilbride is possibly the worst offensive coordinator in football, then you will never see it. Every route for the WRs is 10-15 yards downfield. Eli has to sit in back of the pocket and wait and wait... No screens, no creativity, no brains. On top of that, Jerry Reese and his ignoring the Oline for the past couple of years has finally hit its breaking point. This may be the worst Oline in the league. Reese just gave this guy Baas a huge contract and he couldnt run block his way out of a wet paper bag. Bad signing. Diehl, time to hang em up. Constantly pushed into the backfield. I know a lot of people look at Jacobs and think he is done, but he was running square into the Olines backs on most plays cause there was NO WHERE to go. Ware did the same thing. Its the Oline not the RBs. </P>

So to clearify, Gilbride needs to get canned RIGHT NOW. Make a bold statement. This ignorant guy, game after game, is suffocating this offense. Tom Quinn, I have no idea how you have a job yet again. You must have some "Penn St" stuff on this organization to still be here. Im not mad Weatherford kciked to DJax, Im mad that all you have to do is cross the field and there is NO ONE ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD except the kicker saving the TD. Total embarassment. That brings me to Perry. What a joke this guy is. Ever hear of a blitz? 3rd and forever and all he does, everytime is send 3 and let "Insert any inept QB name here" have all day to pick apart the secondary and get the first. Every game, same issues. </P>

Tom Coughlin, I think he is a good coach, but his coaching staff sucks and if he wont fire him, Im sorry, TC is out. </P>

Another 2nd half collapse. </P>

God Bless us Giants fans for dealing with this every year.</P>

LT_was_good
11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
When you're right, you're right.

TuckYou
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I honestly don't care about any of these stats, this is the kind of stuff rival fans and the media keep saying to discourage us. The past doesn't dictate the future, none of that stuff means a damn thing here in 2011. Lets take it 1 game at a time and get this W against SF!!
</P>

DOH! </P>

"Those who do not learn from the past are bound to repeat it."</P>

TuckYou
11-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh and one more thing I wanted to point out, THE NO HUDDLE.</P>

It keeps Gilbrides fat sweaty fingers off the playcalling some and it is effective. Vs the Eagles we had 3 "No Huddle" drives. The one at the end of the 1st half, got us to FG range and put the first points on the board, down 3-10. The Second was late in the game, and Eli hit Cruz for the TD, 10-10. And the third was the final drive that Eli moved about 65 yards before the Oline remembered they cound not block and Eli fumbled the Giants season away.</P>

3 for 3 on the No Huddle, 0-12 on the Huddle Let Gilbride control the ball drives.</P>

Does anyone in the organization see this?</P>

bigal1giant
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM

0-1</P>

Loss to the 49ers in a winnable game. Eli looked bad at times chucking the ball up, but the play calling was horrible. Gilbride runs this team like it is a college football program. Shotgun draws all the time instead of I-formation with Jacobs. His redzone play calling is one of the worst in the league.*All passes were at least 10-15 yards down field and Eli made some bad passes, getting 2 picked. Another onside kick vs us that no one was paying attention to. A game the Giants should of won, they start their second half with a loss. </P>

</P>

0-2</P>

After a respectable loss to the now 9-1 49ers, even though the game could of easily been had, the New York Football Giants lose their second game in a row to start the second half collapse to the 3-6, descimated, Philidelphia Eagles squad. If this lose doesnt show you that Kevin Gilbride is possibly the worst offensive coordinator in football, then you will never see it. Every route for the WRs is 10-15 yards downfield. Eli has to sit in back of the pocket and wait and wait... No screens, no creativity, no brains. On top of that, Jerry Reese and his ignoring the Oline for the past couple of years has finally hit its breaking point. This may be the worst Oline in the league. Reese just gave this guy Baas a huge contract and he couldnt run block his way out of a wet paper bag. Bad signing. Diehl, time to hang em up. Constantly pushed into the backfield. I know a lot of people look at Jacobs and think he is done, but he was running square into the Olines backs on most plays cause there was NO WHERE to go. Ware did the same thing. Its the Oline not the RBs. </P>

So to clearify, Gilbride needs to get canned RIGHT NOW. Make a bold statement. This ignorant guy, game after game, is suffocating this offense. Tom Quinn, I have no idea how you have a job yet again. You must have some "Penn St" stuff on this organization to still be here. Im not mad Weatherford kciked to DJax, Im mad that all you have to do is cross the field and there is NO ONE ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD except the kicker saving the TD. Total embarassment. That brings me to Perry. What a joke this guy is. Ever hear of a blitz? 3rd and forever and all he does, everytime is send 3 and let "Insert any inept QB name here" have all day to pick apart the secondary and get the first. Every game, same issues. </P>

Tom Coughlin, I think he is a good coach, but his coaching staff sucks and if he wont fire him, Im sorry, TC is out. </P>

God Bless us Giants fans for dealing with this every year.</P>While I agree with you 100%, there will be nothing done to Killdrive until the head coach goes! While TC may be regarded as a good HC, his misguided loyalty t5o some of his staff is his Achilles Heel! Everybody gets on Killdrives case, and rightfuly so, IMHO, but there's also Quinn who in his own little world is at least as bad, if not worse that KG! And, lets face it, Fewell is not Spags and will never be! So folks, until Mara and Reese clean house we can expect to see the same level of inneptitude and incompetence from the coaching staff. I'm getting to really dislike Giants football in November, December and January!

TuckYou
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

While I agree with you 100%, there will be nothing done to Killdrive until the head coach goes! While TC may be regarded as a good HC, his misguided loyalty t5o some of his staff is his Achilles Heel! Everybody gets on Killdrives case, and rightfuly so, IMHO, but there's also Quinn who in his own little world is at least as bad, if not worse that KG! And, lets face it, Fewell is not Spags and will never be! So folks, until Mara and Reese clean house we can expect to see the same level of inneptitude and incompetence from the coaching staff. I'm getting to really dislike Giants football in November, December and January!</P>

Exactly. But thankfully, this is most likely the last year we have to deal with it. If the collapse that is starting continues, all will be gone next season. </P>

TuckYou
11-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Well this is looking great. Maybe we can go a full 0-8 this year in the second half.

This team gave up.

TuckYou
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM

0-1</P>

Loss to the 49ers in a winnable game. Eli looked bad at times chucking the ball up, but the play calling was horrible. Gilbride runs this team like it is a college football program. Shotgun draws all the time instead of I-formation with Jacobs. His redzone play calling is one of the worst in the league.*All passes were at least 10-15 yards down field and Eli made some bad passes, getting 2 picked. Another onside kick vs us that no one was paying attention to. A game the Giants should of won, they start their second half with a loss. </P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok, well, not much to say after this one....

0-3

Second half collapse and downward spiral in full effect. Firings and cuts are near.

At least Victor Cruz is having a Hell of a year.

TuckYou
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Ok, got more to say now.</P>

#1 - Perry Fewell is not a bad DC, just not one that fits this team. He is better suited for a team using a 3-4. Coverage LBs, not having the pass rush as a main focal point. He doesnt like to blitz much at all, and it seems when he does, it is the wrong time. I saw him blitz a few times with mixed results. Osi got some pressure, Kiwi got some pressure, Herzlich almost had a great play.The problem is, he uses a delayed blitz. Brees is too quick to do this.</P>

#2 - Gilbride still stinks. Dont let the numbers make you forget that. Eli racked up unreal numbers in this game during garbage time on short completions to chew up the field. As soon as the Saints D wanted to stop them, they did at the end. He loves running Jacobs to the outside, something I will never understand. He loves those WR screens that rarely work. A few times I noticed Eli do that pitch back to Ware or Jacobs so they start with the ball 8 yards behind the LOS. Doomed from the begining.</P>

#3 - Was that a real fake punt? WTF was that all about. Quinn is really getting desperate now. That was terrible. </P>

#4 - JPP is what Tuck used to be. Giving 100% every play, and stopped this game from being a laugher in the first half. He stopped that FG fake, and other plays with his non stop motor alone. </P>

#5 - I like TC, but enough is enough. When we get blown out of Giants stadium on Sunday by the Pack, Mara should drop the hammer on someone. Someone needs to take the heat. TC deserves more respect, so I say just fire Fewell or Gilbride, and let TC "retire" after the season. </P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

Ill probably just repeat this on Sunday. At least Im keeping it all in one thread.</P>

giantsforce
11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
quit living in the past."Those who ignore history are condemned to repeating it." How true! Let's forget how we sucked the 2nd half of the season under Coughlin every single year so we can have it again this year and the year after until someone show him and his clowns the door.

giantsfan39
11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
quit living in the past.

Love this line. The people who say this are the first to remind us of the 2007 season in other threads.

Can't wait till Coughlin is fired. that loser can't have spags or tiki save his job this time.

TuckYou
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok, well, not much to say after this one.... 0-3 Second half collapse and downward spiral in full effect. Firings and cuts are near. At least Victor Cruz is having a Hell of a year.</P>

#1 - Perry Fewell is not a bad DC, just not one that fits this team. He is better suited for a team using a 3-4. Coverage LBs, not having the pass rush as a main focal point. He doesnt like to blitz much at all, and it seems when he does, it is the wrong time. I saw him blitz a few times with mixed results. Osi got some pressure, Kiwi got some pressure, Herzlich almost had a great play.The problem is, he uses a delayed blitz. Brees is too quick to do this.</P>

#2 - Gilbride still stinks. Dont let the numbers make you forget that. Eli racked up unreal numbers in this game during garbage time on short completions to chew up the field. As soon as the Saints D wanted to stop them, they did at the end. He loves running Jacobs to the outside, something I will never understand. He loves those WR screens that rarely work. A few times I noticed Eli do that pitch back to Ware or Jacobs so they start with the ball 8 yards behind the LOS. Doomed from the begining.</P>

#3 - Was that a real fake punt? WTF was that all about. Quinn is really getting desperate now. That was terrible. </P>

#4 - JPP is what Tuck used to be. Giving 100% every play, and stopped this game from being a laugher in the first half. He stopped that FG fake, and other plays with his non stop motor alone. </P>

#5 - I like TC, but enough is enough. When we get blown out of Giants stadium on Sunday by the Pack, Mara should drop the hammer on someone. Someone needs to take the heat. TC deserves more respect, so I say just fire Fewell or Gilbride, and let TC "retire" after the season. </P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

Ill probably just repeat this on Sunday. At least Im keeping it all in one thread.</P>

</P>

Second half 2011:</P>

0-4</P>

This is probably the toughest 4 game stretch we have had in a while, but still. The opportunity to win is there. Saints game was the only one we had no shot in. </P>

Once again though, Gmen come up short, this time vs the Packers. Yeah, we all saw the refs blow several calls helping the Pack keep their perfect run going, but the Gmen still had a shot. I do give them props for not laying down, my only concern is that they put it all on the line in this game and now, still only one game back behind those Cowgirls, they are a no show next week against them. Either way though, we still, somehow, amazingly control our destiny. Win 4 straight and we are in as NFC East champs. We could even go 3-1 and still have a shot to make a WC the way the Falcons, Lions , Bears and Cowboys are fading. </P>

Ok, so this game. The RUN GAME IS ALIVE! We were runngin well early, but of course Gilbride wants to pass pass pass all day long. Isn't it funny that Baas is out and we can finally run? In all honsety, Baas sucks at run blocking. Absolutly horrible. But again, Gilbride, why does he hate the run? It was first and goal on the 2 yard line, and it was Pass! Pass! Pass! Yes we scored a TD, but I had visions of that Seattle game again. Running is the safier bet. Jacobs was running very hard. Give him the rock!</P>

Perry. Seriously dude. I give up on you. "We are going to go after Rodgers ***!" Thats what he said. Yet, I saw a bunch of 3 man rushes again. Rodgers had about 10-12 seconds to pick whatever he wanted. The secondary can only cover for 5-6 seconds. Also, Blackburn steps in after being here for about what 4 days? And plays better then any of the rookies we have. That shows you the lack of talent at LB. Boley-Blackburn-Kiwi the rest of the way please. </P>

Referees sucked, but whatever. That Jenning TD was CLEARLY not controlled at all. That one just blows my mind. Then there were tougher calls like Ballards knee coming down in, Drivers sideline catch ect... Oh and J Williams illegal contact was pure ticky tack. For such a huge part of the game, the refs have to let that go. It happens every freaking play. Its football not chess. Contact is going to be made. There was no hold or anything. And the PI on Prince was BS too. Give me a break. </P>

Final note, I was ok with this loss cause the team showedup. They tried,and showed they could beat the best team in the NFL even with all of the injuries. Eli another great game with the exception of his pick 6. Baddecision and they made us pay. We are 1 game back of the Cowgirls. Time for the team to show up next week in Dallas and take over the division. All the remaining games left are winnable. </P>

</P>

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok, well, not much to say after this one.... 0-3 Second half collapse and downward spiral in full effect. Firings and cuts are near. At least Victor Cruz is having a Hell of a year.</P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

</P>

0-4</P>

This is probably the toughest 4 game stretch we have had in a while, but still. The opportunity to win is there. Saints game was the only one we had no shot in. </P>

Once again though, Gmen come up short, this time vs the Packers. Yeah, we all saw the refs blow several calls helping the Pack keep their perfect run going, but the Gmen still had a shot. I do give them props for not laying down, my only concern is that they put it all on the line in this game and now, still only one game back behind those Cowgirls, they are a no show next week against them. Either way though, we still, somehow, amazingly control our destiny. Win 4 straight and we are in as NFC East champs. We could even go 3-1 and still have a shot to make a WC the way the Falcons, Lions , Bears and Cowboys are fading. </P>

Ok, so this game. The RUN GAME IS ALIVE! We were runngin well early, but of course Gilbride wants to pass pass pass all day long. Isn't it funny that Baas is out and we can finally run? In all honsety, Baas sucks at run blocking. Absolutly horrible. But again, Gilbride, why does he hate the run? It was first and goal on the 2 yard line, and it was Pass! Pass! Pass! Yes we scored a TD, but I had visions of that Seattle game again. Running is the safier bet. Jacobs was running very hard. Give him the rock!</P>

Perry. Seriously dude. I give up on you. "We are going to go after Rodgers ***!" Thats what he said. Yet, I saw a bunch of 3 man rushes again. Rodgers had about 10-12 seconds to pick whatever he wanted. The secondary can only cover for 5-6 seconds. Also, Blackburn steps in after being here for about what 4 days? And plays better then any of the rookies we have. That shows you the lack of talent at LB. Boley-Blackburn-Kiwi the rest of the way please. </P>

Referees sucked, but whatever. That Jenning TD was CLEARLY not controlled at all. That one just blows my mind. Then there were tougher calls like Ballards knee coming down in, Drivers sideline catch ect... Oh and J Williams illegal contact was pure ticky tack. For such a huge part of the game, the refs have to let that go. It happens every freaking play. Its football not chess. Contact is going to be made. There was no hold or anything. And the PI on Prince was BS too. Give me a break. </P>

Final note, I was ok with this loss cause the team showedup. They tried,and showed they could beat the best team in the NFL even with all of the injuries. Eli another great game with the exception of his pick 6. Baddecision and they made us pay. We are 1 game back of the Cowgirls. Time for the team to show up next week in Dallas and take over the division. All the remaining games left are winnable. </P>

</P>

</P>

WE WON A GAME!!!!</P>

1-4!!!!!</P>

Ok, here I go.</P>

So we beat the Cowboys 37-34. I am very happy because of my pure hatred for the Cowboys, but being happy about how this team performed I am far from. This may be the worst defense I have ever seen the Giants have. I became a Giants fan over a Jets fan because of the defense. This is not a good team. We can all blame the injuries till we are blue in the face, but in reality, the team just isnt coached well. When the vets are missing assignments and blowing coverages, something is wrong. Mr Fewell is not getting through to his players. 121 points given up the past 3 games. If a team has 20 seconds left in a half, they will at least get a FG attempt. Its gaurenteed with this read and react crappy defense. Its beating a dead horse, but Perry fails to blitz at the right times, ever. </P>

Gilbride. HORRIBLE in the redzone playcalling. Embarrassing. 2 tiems we had the ball 1st and goal and we got 6 points out of it. 1st and goal on the 2 and its a fade to Nicks, fade to Beckum and the dreded shotgun draw. This guy is so damn dumb it isnt even funny.</P>

7-6 and in 1st place in the NFC Least. </P>

Here's to the teamnot having the inevitable letdown around the corner vs the Redskins next week...</P>

Go Giants.</P>

</P>

</P>

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

</P>

0-4</P>

</P>

</P>

WE WON A GAME!!!!</P>

1-4!!!!!</P>

Ok, here I go.</P>

So we beat the Cowboys 37-34. I am very happy because of my pure hatred for the Cowboys, but being happy about how this team performed I am far from. This may be the worst defense I have ever seen the Giants have. I became a Giants fan over a Jets fan because of the defense. This is not a good team. We can all blame the injuries till we are blue in the face, but in reality, the team just isnt coached well. When the vets are missing assignments and blowing coverages, something is wrong. Mr Fewell is not getting through to his players. 121 points given up the past 3 games. If a team has 20 seconds left in a half, they will at least get a FG attempt. Its gaurenteed with this read and react crappy defense. Its beating a dead horse, but Perry fails to blitz at the right times, ever. </P>

Gilbride. HORRIBLE in the redzone playcalling. Embarrassing. 2 tiems we had the ball 1st and goal and we got 6 points out of it. 1st and goal on the 2 and its a fade to Nicks, fade to Beckum and the dreded shotgun draw. This guy is so damn dumb it isnt even funny.</P>

<FONT size=6>Here's to the teamnot having the inevitable letdown around the corner vs the Redskins next week...</FONT></P>

Go Giants.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

And boom goes the dynomite.</P>

1-5 in the second half.</P>

What an awesome team. No offense when we need it. No defense when we need it. No coaching. No leadership. No chance. </P>

This team is no better then the 09' meltdown team. </P>

If we dont clean house in the offseason if we miss the playoffs, Im going to start questioning Mara and the rest of the uppers and what the hell they consider a good team. Coughlin is having his name dragged through the dirt because of his coordinators. Time for them to all leave. </P>

Cowher 2012</P>

Giants to get eliminated in an embarrassing performance Chrismas Eve vs the hated Jets. Jets coming off an embarrassing loss as well to the Eagels, but will have more motivation then us because of our coaching staff.</P>

Go ahead Rolle, Call out the Jets. Say they arent NYs team. </P>

3-2-1...</P>

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Do you guys have any faith in this team anymore with Coughlin and company? Im being serious.

NYfanatic
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Do you guys have any faith in this team anymore with Coughlin and company? Im being serious. I havent had faith since the end of the 09 season.
I will love the press conference when Coughlin is fired/retired and Gilbride and fewell are shipped off with him. Then the conference that announces are new coach. Exciting.

stormblue
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Do you guys have any faith in this team anymore with Coughlin and company? Im being serious.

i never , ever wanted him to start with.
i have been a hater since day one.
he has proved me right for 7 of 8 seasons.

this is an old fart coach on a team
with old fart ownership.

general patton motivational speaches ?

enough already.

TuckYou
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

</P>

0-4</P>

</P>

</P>

WE WON A GAME!!!!</P>

1-4!!!!!</P>

Ok, here I go.</P>

<FONT size=6>Here's to the teamnot having the inevitable letdown around the corner vs the Redskins next week...</FONT></P>

Go Giants.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

What an awesome team. No offense when we need it. No defense when we need it. No coaching. No leadership. No chance. </P>

If we dont clean house in the offseason if we miss the playoffs, Im going to start questioning Mara and the rest of the uppers and what the hell they consider a good team. Coughlin is having his name dragged through the dirt because of his coordinators. Time for them to all leave. </P>

Cowher 2012</P>

Giants to get eliminated in an embarrassing performance Chrismas Eve vs the hated Jets. Jets coming off an embarrassing loss as well to the Eagels, but will have more motivation then us because of our coaching staff.</P>

3-2-1...</P>

</P>

2-5 in the second half:</P>

A big win, and maybe most important of all, the most complete win the Giants have had all season. Battle of NY goes to the Giants for the 5th consecutive time. </P>

The Giants brought their A game, and so did their coaches. The refs were at it again trying their darndest to get the Jets within striking distance, but the GMEN showed up and beat down Team All Talk like a drum. After a slow start on offense and defense, the team turned it around. Although it was agaist Mark Sanchez, a QB who I really dont think is all that good at all. The defense looked solid out there. Fewell brought the blitz more then Ive seen him all season. The result was pressure and sacks and turnovers. Thats what he needs to do. </P>

Gilbride, although he was better with the playcalling, still makes me crazy with his calls inside the 10 yard line. Whatever. Can we please try the fade to Barden? and not Beckum or Manningham? Can we please run the ball more! Especially on 1st down up 2 scores trying to kill the clock. Thank you.</P>

Another game, another Eli INT. 11 in 8 straight games with at least 1. He needs to get that under control if we are to beat the Cowboys.</P>

All that said, I have no idea what team will show up this Sunday night, but it may decide if Coughlin and the rest of this coaching staff will be here next season.</P>

28th in defense and DEAD LAST 32nd in running the ball. That is not a championship team.</P>

But if you told me we had a shot to win the division in week 17 after all of our injuries, I would say you are high on crack. But here we are, thanks to a very weak NFC east.</P>

Go Giants</P>

Shock the World.</P>

Hey Jacobs, I hate Cowboys fans too. Do me a favor, let me taunt them Monday and the rest of the post season. </P>

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM

0-1</P>

</P>

0-2</P>

Ok. Im good.</P>

</P>

0-4</P>

</P>

</P>

WE WON A GAME!!!!</P>

1-4!!!!!</P>

Ok, here I go.</P>

Go Giants.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Cowher 2012</P>

3-2-1...</P>

</P>

2-5 in the second half:</P>

A big win, and maybe most important of all, the most complete win the Giants have had all season. Battle of NY goes to the Giants for the 5th consecutive time. </P>

The Giants brought their A game, and so did their coaches. The refs were at it again trying their darndest to get the Jets within striking distance, but the GMEN showed up and beat down Team All Talk like a drum. After a slow start on offense and defense, the team turned it around. Although it was agaist Mark Sanchez, a QB who I really dont think is all that good at all. The defense looked solid out there. <FONT size=4>Fewell brought the blitz more then Ive seen him all season. The result was pressure and sacks and turnovers. Thats what he needs to do. </FONT></P>

Gilbride, although he was better with the playcalling, still makes me crazy with his calls inside the 10 yard line. Whatever. Can we please try the fade to Barden? and not Beckum or Manningham? Can we please run the ball more! Especially on 1st down up 2 scores trying to kill the clock. Thank you.</P>

<FONT size=4>Another game, another Eli INT. 11 in 8 straight games with at least 1. He needs to get that under control if we are to beat the Cowboys.</FONT></P>

All that said, I have no idea what team will show up this Sunday night, but it may decide if Coughlin and the rest of this coaching staff will be here next season.</P>

28th in defense and DEAD LAST 32nd in running the ball. That is not a championship team.</P>

But if you told me we had a shot to win the division in week 17 after all of our injuries, I would say you are high on crack. But here we are, thanks to a very weak NFC east.</P>

Go Giants</P>

Shock the World.</P>

Hey Jacobs, I hate Cowboys fans too. Do me a favor, let me taunt them Monday and the rest of the post season. </P>

</P>

Well alright then!!!</P>

I'm ALL IN!</P>

3-5 second half record but guess what, Giants won 3 of last 4 tostorm through the front door into the playoffs! These last 2 games were by far the most complete games all year, ok, well the Pats game was pretty good too. But to win 3 of the last 4 to not back into the playoffs, and not crumble, and not have a complete collapse is great.</P>

The Giants are playing the best ball they have all season and are finally bringing the heat to opposing QBs causing sacks, turnovers, and chaos. It needs to continue. </P>

Eli, didnt throw a pick! 8 games straight with an INT snapped just in time for a post season run.</P>

Victor Cruz, unbelievable once again and him and Eli probably saved the season with that Tyree-esk play on 3rd down. Without that, we punt back to the Cowboys who scored the last 14 points to make it a 21-14 game and were on a roll. </P>

Fewell called another great game! Keep it un through the playoffs please!!! Osi back was a huge addition for Tuck and JPP. </P>

Congrats GMEN!</P>

Shock the World!</P>

ALL IN!!!</P>

Coughin will be back in 2012 as he should of been. The question will be will Fewell be fired? Will Gilbride get a HC offer? </P>

GO GIANTS!!!</P>

Offensive MVP - Eli
Defensive MVP - JPP
Breakout Player - Cruz / Joseph
ROY - JWill
Comeback Player - Phillips</P>

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
ha, this was last year...

2012 6-2, 0-1

Here we go again! Enjoy the ride fellas!