PDA

View Full Version : Have this gut feeling we are in the middle of another

miked1958
01-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get where theywant to go, and now the weather) This is a teamof Destiny. A team that just won't be denied We as giants fans get to witness it again. 07 and 11 will go down as seasons never to be repeated in NFL History books. Enjoy it guys Check out the sig for the score

gmen46
01-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get waynu want to go, and now the weather)

This is a team do Destiny.
A team that just won't be denied
We as giants fans get to witness it again.
07 and 11 will go down as season never to be repeated in NFL History books.

Enjoy it guys

Check out the sig for the score

I see it the same way.

I say that, realizing it to be too incredible to contemplate further the eerie similarities to 07, but there it is.

And so far, after 2 games, Giants are playing a lot better than they did at this point in 07 post season. Much more dominant on both sides of the ball.

I also think you are not far off with your score projection, at least in terms of the spread. I was already thinking a Giants victory by a 20 point margin.

rainierjef
01-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get waynu want to go, and now the weather)

Enjoy it guys

you forgot the most important obsitcle of all ZEBRAS!

SFOperation
01-20-2012, 04:23 AM

Enjoy it guys

Like the Giants, the Zebras have always been against the 49ers all season long, especially in the Detroit game. And what exactly is an obsitcle? Obstacle?

RagTime Blue
01-20-2012, 04:54 AM
If anything, Zebras are on our side. We have SB history with both AFC teams, and make the kind of story that'll get the casual fan to watch.

Eli Manning is a bigger name than Alex Smith.
Tom Brady is a bigger name than Joe Flacco.

But I do feel the better team will win, and the officials won't decide the game. . .just possibly show their stripes to Goodell.

miked1958
01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get waynu want to go, and now the weather) This is a team do Destiny. A team that just won't be denied We as giants fans get to witness it again. 07 and 11 will go down as season never to be repeated in NFL History books. Enjoy it guys Check out the sig for the score

</P>

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.. That is one of the biggest we have had to overcome to be where we are. I was hoping with it being so obvious that they will be more careful to screw us and call a more fair game in SF. However there is another thread on how Vegas stands to lose ALOT of money if the Giants finish this off. So... Enter the ZEBRAs. That adds 8 extra guys to any team we play. BRING EM</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
If anything, Zebras are on our side. We have SB history with both AFC teams, and make the kind of story that'll get the casual fan to watch.

But I do feel the better team will win, and the officials won't decide the game. . .just possibly show their stripes to Goodell.
</P>

Hope you are right. Cause i can Live with going out there and getting beat fair and square if SF is the better team. I wont be happy about it, but i will LIVE with it. However if we outplay them and again a few horrible calls are the difference between winning and losing I will lose my mind</P>

</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM

</P>

Hope you are right. Cause i can Live with going out there and getting beat fair and square if SF is the better team. I wont be happy about it, but i will LIVE with it. However if we outplay them and again a few horrible calls are the difference between winning and losing I will lose my mind</P>

</P>

</P>

With that said. Let me go back to the Original point of this Thread!!!</P>

I feel this is again some type of DEVINE INTERVENTION (W/O trying to get all tebow on you) working here again. SO if that is the case it wont matter if the refs have 16 guys calling invisible fouls on us. We all have to admit that the Manning to Tyree play had a devine quality to it. Also how Samuel missed that INT and in the GB game how that game winning kick was going wide right in )T and suddenly hooked back left and through the uprights at the last second.</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get where theywant to go, and now the weather) This is a teamof Destiny. A team that just won't be denied We as giants fans get to witness it again. 07 and 11 will go down as seasons never to be repeated in NFL History books. Enjoy it guys Check out the sig for the score</P>

I hope your are right. I am gravitating the other way thinking the Niners have the "mojo" this year. </P>

</P>

trenken311
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Do not look past the 49ers. Like the Giants players, take it one game at a time, because its very possible we could go in there and get smashed hard and blown out. The 49ers are capable of that. This isn't some average team where we are clearly much better than, they have a better D, we have a better O to some degree, although their running game is WAY better than ours, but both teams are still somewhat close to each other, so there is no clear advantage.</P>

Factor in what a horrible mess of a game it will be with the wind and rain, and I can easily see fumbles all over the place. </P>

So lets just slow down with this 07 talk. Even if we can get past the 9ers, we may have to deal with the Pats who noone seems to be able to stop. They throw up 40 points easily on really good D's.</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:04 AM
My Dad was a HUGE Giants fan going back to the 30s when he was a young boy. He rooted for and watched everygame all his life no matter if they STUNK and were getting beat 44-0 and even if they had a terrible season and were 4-12, 3-11-1 whatever. Watched them all and cheered like it was the SB no matter what the circumstances. HE WAS TRUE BLUE and thanks to him my brother and I are the same way.</P>

Anyway, my dad passed away 4years ago Yesterday. That means he was able to witness the TB 24-14 Victory on Jan 6th and the huge Upset of the #1 Seed Cowboys on Jan 13th 21-17. </P>

He passed away in his sleep on Jan 19th a day before the NFCCG on Jan 20th. We were torn on what to do on Game Day. He was so excited for that game having not seen them win a SB since 90. (was so upset when Ravens whipped us in 2000) He had everything set up to watch game and he was the most superstitious of all giants fans. lol. </P>

Anyway in his Honor we all watched the game together the next day... And we all Believe deep in our hearts that he had something to do with that ball hooking back in OT and the INT Farve through in the OT. </P>

We had his Funeral in between the CG and SB on FEB 3rd</P>

Guys on here were so supportive. I have copies of PAGES AND PAGES Of well wishes. Bansaw made me something to take with me to his Memorial. It was a huge Pic of Giants Stadium with Strathan Stepping in with one foot and Flexing his muscles.. Had SB and showing Giants being a WINNER and right in there on Stadium. it had my dads name, RIP, his Birth and Death Day and #1 Giants Fan.</P>

We all know how that SB unfolded. It was like he was up there helping us out in some way. </P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Do not look past the 49ers. Like the Giants players, take it one game at a time, because its very possible we could go in there and get smashed hard and blown out. The 49ers are capable of that. This isn't some average team where we are clearly much better than, they have a better D, we have a better O to some degree, although their running game is WAY better than ours, but both teams are still somewhat close to each other, so there is no clear advantage.</P>

Factor in what a horrible mess of a game it will be with the wind and rain, and I can easily see fumbles all over the place. </P>

So lets just slow down with this 07 talk. Even if we can get past the 9ers, we may have to deal with the Pats who noone seems to be able to stop. They throw up 40 points easily on really good D's.</P>

</P>

Understand where you and the poster above you are coming from. And I know that SF is very capable of beating us as they already have this year. </P>

However This season has that FEEL to it. And it seems like my DAD might be at it again from somewhere up there. </P>

Howelse can we explain all that has happened in this magical season. They say Lighting does not strike twice in the same place... Well we will have to just wait and see.</P>

Check out the Sig. </P>

BlueBlitzer
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
this team has Destiny written all over it. First we couldn't win a Home Playoff game. Well right now the only thing heard around the Georgia Dome these days are Crickets.</P>

Then we couldn't win against Green Bay make that the 15-1 Packers. Well Eli and Co. sent Mr. Rodgers back to His neighborhood.</P>

Now here come the 49ers and there big bad defense. You know the one Eli torched for over 300 Yards. Rookie LBer Corp ( Boley the Defense's QBout by halftime ), no Chase Blackburnno AB, a banged up Tuck.These 49ersare the same team that got 4 ( Yeah 4 ) turnovers, but needed a last minute TD to win the game. That tells you their destiny. When a team is banking on winning a game due to weather conditions, their mentallytoast already.</P>

trenken311
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM

</P>

Understand where you and the poster above you are coming from. And I know that SF is very capable of beating us as they already have this year. </P>

However This season has that FEEL to it. And it seems like my DAD might be at it again from somewhere up there. </P>

Howelse can we explain all that has happened in this magical season. They say Lighting does not strike twice in the same place... Well we will have to just wait and see.</P>

Check out the Sig. </P>

</P>

The 49ers are going through the exact same thing though, with a QB everyone had left for dead, and a brand new coach! I think they think what they are doing is even more magical.</P>

It doesnt matter how things feel, it matters how things play out on Sunday in a really messy game. Passes will be dropped, fumbles will be lost on both sides. They are coming off a win where Smith actually led what was basically 2 game winning drives against the Saints, who were on fire.</P>

Bottom line is I dont feel as good about this game as I did the Packers. They were ice cold not having done anything important since Christmas. This is very different though. We're playing a hot team in very bad weather. I cant let myself get all fired up about a SB due to the circumstances of this game.</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
this team has Destiny written all over it. First we couldn't win a Home Playoff game. Well right now the only thing heard around the Georgia Dome these days are Crickets.</P>

Then we couldn't win against Green Bay make that the 15-1 Packers. Well Eli and Co. sent Mr. Rodgers back to His neighborhood.</P>

Now here come the 49ers and there big bad defense. You know the one Eli torched for over 300 Yards. Rookie LBer Corp ( Boley the Defense's QBout by halftime ), no Chase Blackburnno AB, a banged up Tuck.These 49ersare the same team that got 4 ( Yeah 4 ) turnovers, but needed a last minute TD to win the game. That tells you their destiny. When a team is banking on winning a game due to weather conditions, their mentallytoast already.</P>

</P>

All That is veryTRUE!! But let me add thatNicks and MM were no where near 100% coming off nagging injuries. Also the HUGE XFactor is we did not have OSI that game either!!!! OLine was still in a Shambles.. They are coming together. Also one more side note. Saints gave the Niners not 4turnovers, they gave them 5 and they still almost lost. </P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:34 AM

</P>

Check out the Sig. </P>

</P>

The 49ers are going through the exact same thing though, with a QB everyone had left for dead, and a brand new coach! I think they think what they are doing is even more magical.</P>

It doesnt matter how things feel, it matters how things play out on Sunday in a really messy game. Passes will be dropped, fumbles will be lost on both sides. They are coming off a win where Smith actually led what was basically 2 game winning drives against the Saints, who were on fire.</P>

Bottom line is I dont feel as good about this game as I did the Packers. They were ice cold not having done anything important since Christmas. This is very different though. We're playing a hot team in very bad weather. I cant let myself get all fired up about a SB due to the circumstances of this game.</P>

</P>

You hit the nail on the Head. Even though they are HOT right now to winning a Magical game last week like us. Lets not forget this was a 6-10 team last season. They have not been in the playoffs for 8years. </P>

They have a rookie Coach. They have a QB with almost no playoff Experience. I think this HUGE STAGE Sunday night will prove to much for the inexperienced Niners. I think they will come out Nervous and make mistakes they dont normally make due to the tremendous amount of pressure Alex Smith and this team will be under. </P>

I think the Experience Factor the Giants bring into this game (along with all the guys we didnt have in the first game, LOL) with Eli having 5 Road playoff victories and that 07 season he has been through. And a Coach that has won 6 Road playoff games. Mix in alot of the other players on this team that were there and understand what the intensity and Feel of this game will be like (Osi, Tuck, Diehl, AB, BJ, CWeb, Ross,Chase to name a few) and i think it gives us the edge. Also throw in that we have Kiwi and i think KP who were both injured in 07? am i wrong? We also get the EXP that an Antrell Rolle and a Michael Boley bring. We didnt have a TE to start the season or a FB and now Ballard and Hynoski have stepped up. </P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh and check out the SIG for the score. That was what i put up for the GB game last week. Came darn close didnt i. Also have very close Stat line in another Thread for that GB game.
I was going to put up a prediction by Wed for the SF game and the more i looked at that SIG the more i could not change it. </P>

The weather has almost made me do it twice but after hearing our WRs and Eli talk I have just left it alone. That score has a nice ring to it. </P>

So i am sticking with it.</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Bumping this thread up so the people coming home from work will get a chance to see it

loaded30
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get where theywant to go, and now the weather) This is a teamof Destiny. A team that just won't be denied We as giants fans get to witness it again. 07 and 11 will go down as seasons never to be repeated in NFL History books. Enjoy it guys Check out the sig for the scoretechnically it would be better to wait and see. Then enjoy! Go Giants</P>

</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Magical end to a season. 2 games down and 2 to go. We as fans just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. They just have this aire about them. A confidence. A swagger. They are a team that no matter what the obstacles (injury,sickness,hardest schedule, having to beat the best team to get where they*want to go, and now the weather) This is a team*of Destiny. A team that just won't be denied We as giants fans get to witness it again. 07 and 11 will go down as seasons never to be repeated in NFL History books. Enjoy it guys Check out the sig for the scoretechnically it would be better to wait and see. Then enjoy! Go Giants</P>

*</P>
Actually I sad the same thing. Wait and see a little further down in the thread

miked1958
01-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Have to bring this thread back up in Honor of my dad who passed away between the division and NFCCG in the 2007 run. See one of my posts in this thread on just how much impact he had.

I

miked1958
01-21-2012, 08:41 AM
I also brought or bumped the thread back up because I still really have that gut feeling deep down that we are I'm the middle of and witnessing again another magical season

Dirt66
01-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I have that feeling about this team as well. I'll be honest, I thought we hit rock bottom vs. Washington and wasn't sure they had it in them.Reallyenjoy eating my crow each week of this run!</P>

<FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT></P>

miked1958
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I have that feeling about this team as well. I'll be honest, I thought we hit rock bottom vs. Washington and wasn't sure they had it in them.*Really*enjoy eating my crow each week of this run!</P>

*<FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT></P>
I know other teams have had nice runs. GB and Pitt both won SBs as WC teams and won all their games on the Road like we did. Not quite as dramatic as the way we did it though. Also besides the 4 Road games we won in playoffs we also won 7/8 road games that season losing first one then ripping off 7 on a row + the 4 in playoff run giving us an unmatchable 11 in a row that year.
I know Pitt did what we did an won in last second. However there was tainted slightly with a question as to weather Holmes was in and the whole James Harrison thing.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
We just seem to have a knack for Story Book Endings!!.,

Voldamort
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
ALL IN Mike!!! Destiny it just feels right!

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
ALL IN Mike!!! Destiny it just feels right!
Have not felt this confident since 86.

mstray92
01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh and check out the SIG for the score. That was what i put up for the GB game last week. Came darn close didnt i. Also have very close Stat line in another Thread for that GB game.
I was going to put up a prediction by Wed for the SF game and the more i looked at that SIG the more i could not change it. </p>

The weather has almost made me do it twice but after hearing our WRs and Eli talk I have just left it alone. That score has a nice ring to it. </p>

So i am sticking with it.</p>

Man, I hope You are right about this post season and us winning tomorrow. And if We win, winning big in the Superbowl!!!!!!

miked1958
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM

</P>

Check out the Sig. </P>

And it did! Lighting Struck twice in same place. Another magical season complete!!!

THANKS DAD!!!!!