PDA

View Full Version : Word On The Street In Boston

burier
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
So I've been checking the temperature of the fans here in Boston and the overwhelming feeling is though most fans are very confident that they'll beat Baltimore but they want no part of the Giants.

They're hoping the west coast trip will wear us out and the 9ers will eek into the Superbowl setting up a Pats SB Victory.

I have noticed that some of the more fairweather fans here are rooting for the Giants so that they can get a rematch but the more knowledgable fans recongize that the Giants are a matchup nightmare for the Pats as a pressured Brady is a pedestrian Brady.

Patriots fans fear the Giants.

CDN_G-FAN
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
i work with a real smack talking Pats fan in the office.</P>

after last week, he noticed that even though they beat the snot out of denver, they were still able to run the ball on them until they had to start airing it out.</P>

they're really really worried about their defense.</P>

and all QBs are bothered by pass rush, but brady seems more bothered than most.</P>

i'd still rather face baltimore than the Pats, but they're still beatable.</P>

timmytimm3
01-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm fully confident if we get by the 49ers we will smash who ever we play.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces

DragonSoul
01-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieceshow is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?

DragonSoul
hit it once but posted 3 times....delete,

DragonSoul
Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieceshow is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?

Providence
01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42.

Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran.

If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Bak-bak-bak chicken

Gianthunter
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.Down with that. I want the one that got away.

jhamburg
01-20-2012, 11:30 AM

I think it would still be a bad matchup for them. Patriots are unusually reliant on YAC, which you don't get as much of against a fast, solid, hard hitting defense.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM

I think it would still be a bad matchup for them. Patriots are unusually reliant on YAC, which you don't get as much of against a fast, solid, hard hitting defense.

Thank you

JimC
01-20-2012, 11:36 AM

I think the stats should only include the playoff games at this point. It all about how the teams are playing now....not how they played over a 16 game season. I can't prove it of course, but I have a feeling that the niners and Giants defenses are playing better than 16 rank.

Dorothy
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.Down with that. I want the one that got away.

From another Giants fan that lives in Pats country, they want revenge more than anything.
Don't know if Brady is too anxious to meet our defense again, but the fans do, they are thinking of our defense from mid season.

GOOOOOOO GIANTS

burier
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42.

Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran.

If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.

Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy.

Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen.

TuckYou
01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.

TuckYou
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.Down with that. I want the one that got away. From another Giants fan that lives in Pats country, they want revenge more than anything. Don't know if Brady is too anxious to meet our defense again, but the fans do,<U> they are thinking of our defense from mid season.</U> GOOOOOOO GIANTS</P>

Oh, when we beat them in Foxboro 24-20?</P>

a4gmen
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
+ 1

miked1958
01-20-2012, 11:47 AM
I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.</P>

wow. thats a STAT i didnt know. You would think that with 14 wins their would have been someone with a winning record. WOW.</P>

I know they lost to 3 with winning records. </P>

Providence
01-20-2012, 11:52 AM

Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy.

Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen.

Good point....most of the Pats fans I come across are the type of fans that don't know who the coach was before Belichik. Many of the REAL pats fans, like my father-in-law, want no part of the Giants because they are afraid they can't beat them.

burier
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.</P>

wow. thats a STAT i didnt know. You would think that with 14 wins their would have been someone with a winning record. WOW.</P>

Remember that the AFC East is notoriously weak and that Pats have actually gotten fat and gotten alot of homefield advantage in the playoffs historically due to this fact.

Bills, Jets, Dolphins TWICE A YEAR and Brady's had that luxury throughout it career.

The jets have been decent maybe 4 out of the last 10 years

Maybe even less frequent for the Dolphins (Who have managed to beat the Pats a few times)

And the bills have been terrible since like 94. With the exeption being one season with Doug Flutie at QB and that was Prior to Brady.

When the Pats sent Buffalo Bledsoe the team actually got worse.

miked1958
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM

</P>

They played the AFC West and i am sure when they played the 4 they all were either at or below .500. Dolphins started out 0-7 so both those games Miami was below .500. Bills were below .400 2nd time. I think the first time they played Bills started out hot. they beat the pats and when we played them they were 4-1. so that may be the one glitch but Bill stunk to end year. Jets had to be at or above .500 at least one of the their games vs Pats? Washington and Philly both were under .500. Not sure about Dallas. The 2 odd games were PITT loss and Indy which was under .500. </P>

SO i guess you could very well be on the button. </P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35. Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy. Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen. Good point....most of the Pats fans I come across are the type of fans that don't know who the coach was before Belichik. Many of the REAL pats fans, like my father-in-law, want no part of the Giants because they are afraid they can't beat them.</P>

THIS</P>

giantmainea80
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Some ***** at the bar last night in Portland had his AFC East Champions shirt on he bought at the gas station. Your typical Pat fan right there. They think they're playing Saturday night again this week.

AngryAZN
01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
SF gave up 32 points to NO at home and the team needed its offense to score in the final seconds of the game to take the lead.

The fact of the matter is what is there to fear about this defense? Regular season stats are meaningless in the postseason. I can accept that the Niners offense (namely Smith & Davis) are coming out of that game very confident, but see little reason for their overall defense to be proud of their performance. They didn't win the game, their offense did.

The Giants are executing in all phases of the game. I am particularly looking for some good play from our Punter and ST for Sunday.

burier
01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Some ***** at the bar last night in Portland had his AFC East Champions shirt on he bought at the gas station. Your typical Pat fan right there. They think they're playing Saturday night again this week.

Pats fans are bar none THE MOST annoying fans in the universe.

You would think that Belichick, Brady and Welker were the Triune God. (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit)

TuckYou
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM

</P>

They played the AFC West and i am sure when they played the 4 they all were either at or below .500. Dolphins started out 0-7 so both those games Miami was below .500. Bills were below .400 2nd time. I think the first time they played Bills started out hot. they beat the pats and when we played them they were 4-1. so that may be the one glitch but Bill stunk to end year. Jets had to be at or above .500 at least one of the their games vs Pats? Washington and Philly both were under .500. Not sure about Dallas. The 2 odd games were PITT loss and Indy which was under .500. </P>

SO i guess you could very well be on the button. </P>

</P>

WINS-</P>

(2) Jets 8-8
(2) Broncos 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Eagles 8-8
Chargers 8-8
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 7-9
(2)Dolphins 6-10
Bills 6-10
Redskins 5-11
Colts 2-14

LOSES-</P>

Giants 9-7
@Steelers 12-4
@Bills 6-10

FEEDING OFF THE GARBAGE. Ravens will beat the Patriots.
</P>

giantmainea80
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM

You would think that Belichick, Brady and Welker were the Triune God. (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit)

They have already forgot about Welker. It's all about this Gronkosky, err Grunskowsky guy.

Funny, no one said **** about my Giants gear on last night.

burier
01-20-2012, 12:26 PM

They have already forgot about Welker. It's all about this Gronkosky, err Grunskowsky guy.

Yeah the beef over the Giants gear has died down alot.

For about a year after the Sb I'd have to make a concious decision about weather to wear my gear in public or not because I knew at the very least I'd get some Pats fan wanting to talk about the game.

One guy told me he thought God reached down and held the ball to Tyree's helmet.

And you're right Growncowskivitch or whatever has definately overtaken Welker

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM

You'd be more apt to get a "YANKEES SUCK!" thrown your way when wearing Giants gear then anything else in the Boston area.

yoeddy
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
So I've been checking the temperature of the fans here in Boston and the overwhelming feeling is though most fans are very confident that they'll beat Baltimore but they want no part of the Giants.

They're hoping the west coast trip will wear us out and the 9ers will eek into the Superbowl setting up a Pats SB Victory.

I have noticed that some of the more fairweather fans here are rooting for the Giants so that they can get a rematch but the more knowledgable fans recongize that the Giants are a matchup nightmare for the Pats as a pressured Brady is a pedestrian Brady.

Patriots fans fear the Giants.

All of the Patriots fans I know are dying for a rematch with the Giants...

Keithnyg
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Another Giants fan in Massachusetts here. Every Pats fan I've talked to is pretty confident right about their own team, and while they ALL want the rematch, they definitely respect the Giants. Alot of ELI love this year. Alot of defense love in the past 4 weeks.

While most of them admit last weeks game against Denver was a gimme, it's provided a confidence boost to a crowd that doesn't need any help in that department. Patriot fans are always an over-confident crowd IMO. They will not mention their defense right now. Or their lack of a running game. Or a receiver that isn't named Welker. All they are talking about is Brady and his TE's. Who are good but it's the complete lack of ANY other threat, that makes GRONK a leading receiver and Hernandez a leading rusher in a playoff game.

Rudyy
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I think it depends.
On their message boards, some of the fans do not want any part of the Giants because they know how we can get to Tom Brady so well. Others want revenge and actually think they can beat us a second time around.

burier
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't know I've always felt like the fans who actually post on message boards represent too small a sample to really get an idea.

I've been to a few different bars in a few different parts of the city and of couse talked to my family members who are pats fans and what I'm getting is the rah rah types what revenge. The practical types want the 9ers

G-Man67
01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
no honest, diehard Pats fan wants anything to do with us ... but we have much more immediate things to worry about

giantsfan39
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
It doesn't matter what they want.

Whoever wins the NFC championship game will be the Superbowl champion.

Both the 49ers and Giants would easi;ly win against the Pats or Ravens.

The Pats especially. They beat Denver but that is because their pass defense had to face Tebow. Whil the 49ers defense matches up well against the Pats offense due to their great LBs which can make Gronk and Aaron Hernandez a nonfactor the Giants offense can humilaite the Pats pass defense. And we beat them last time without Hakeem Nicks.

pino
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
NFC is going to win the Bowl.

Go Giants!

blueomaha
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
if the pats lose in a rematch of sb 42, it would be a devastating defeat for that team...the memory of sb 42 is still fresh in the minds of both fan bases...NYG is on a mission and it's not to fall to the 49ers.....stay blue.....

PhilaGiant83
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I live in Baltimore, and they think they could take us easily. Patriots fans however the past two weeks have been quite ****y. They think easily their Tight Ends, and Brady could tear up our defense.