PDA

View Full Version : A lot of "experts" like the 9ers

trenken311
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Most of the same people that liked the Packers and Saints last week. Why do they even bother picking games, and why does anyone even pay attention?</P>

I think picking games is fun for people into betting, but theseanalysts are basically just guessing. Im hearing most of them on the radio picking the 9ers with all kinds of reasons why. Just funny to me that anyone even takes them seriously</P>

miked1958
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Most of the same people that liked the Packers and Saints last week. Why do they even bother picking games, and why does anyone even pay attention?</P>

I think picking games is fun for people into betting, but theseanalysts are basically just guessing. Im hearing most of them on the radio picking the 9ers with all kinds of reasons why. Just funny to me that anyone even takes them seriously</P>

</P>

Just the same in 07.. They kept picking against us till there was no games left to pick against us. LOL.</P>

Just the way we like it</P>

Irishwars
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I think alot of people on espn and other radio/tv shows, have picked the 49ers because they want to debate the game.

If a guy like Skip Bayless picks the giants and everyone else on the panel does to, they can't debate and fight over the game.

Personally, the only way the giants lose this game is if they turn the ball over, 3+ times. Other than that, the 49ers have little hope.

miked1958
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM

</P>

Just the same in 07.. They kept picking against us till there was no games left to pick against us. LOL.</P>

Just the way we like it</P>

</P>

SI had to redo their SB pick of Falcons over SD. They redid the playoff brackets when the playoffs started. They got the AFC right in a round about way. Not exactly as they forcasted but got the 2 correct. Ravens vs Pats and they picked Pats to go to SB</P>

Over in NFC they are going to have to do another REDO. as they picked the Saints and GB with the Saints going to SB.</P>

Oh and for good measure they have to REDO the SB again to cause they had the Saints over the Pats. LOL</P>

trenken311
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I think alot of people on espn and other radio/tv shows, have picked the 49ers because they want to debate the game. If a guy like Skip Bayless picks the giants and everyone else on the panel does to, they can't debate and fight over the game. Personally, the only way the giants lose this game is if they turn the ball over, 3+ times. Other than that, the 49ers have little hope.</P>

Well in all fairness the 9ers arent the Packers of last week. The Packers were ice cold not having playing a meaningful game in over 3 weeks before playing us.</P>

The 9ers are on fire like we are, and have a much better D than the Packers, and a much better running game than we have.</P>

This game will not be easy and they could very well win it, but what I dont get is why some people are getting so hung up on what the experts pick when it's obviously nothing more than just a guessing game. Those guys have no idea what will happen. They arent prophets.</P>

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Good they liked the JETS,COWBOYS,FALCONS,PACKERS keep it going Giants!!! ALL IN!!

ryan12
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Good they liked the JETS,COWBOYS,FALCONS,PACKERS keep it going Giants!!! ALL IN!!

agreed we are much better when people pick against us

CTLadyBlue
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
I think alot of people on espn and other radio/tv shows, have picked the 49ers because they want to debate the game. If a guy like Skip Bayless picks the giants and everyone else on the panel does to, they can't debate and fight over the game. Personally, the only way the giants lose this game is if they turn the ball over, 3+ times. Other than that, the 49ers have little hope.</P>

Well in all fairness the 9ers arent the Packers of last week. The Packers were ice cold not having playing a meaningful game in over 3 weeks before playing us.</P>

You see, this is the type of justification that irks me. I'm sure there are Superbowl winning teams who rested their starters in the final game of the season to keep them from injury. Didn't seem to bother them. Why is it that the Packers get the benefit of the 'rusty' excuse instead of the fact that the Giants D threw their offenive rhythm off?

And then I have to listen to that little troll Carton this morning saying how the Giants are gonna be the victims of 'jetlag'. Yeah, what other lame excuses are they gonna come up with? In '07 the Giants went from Tampa back to NJ, then to Dallas back to NJ, then to Wisconsin and back to NJ then out to AZ.

No excuses. NFL teams are conditioned for away games just as they better be prepared to snap back into after not playing 'meaningful' games

CDN_G-FAN
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
its fine. </P>

they should like the 9ers. they've been a good team for longer stretches than we have.</P>

the point is our chances are better than the talking heads are willing to admit.</P>

Mod_C
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Most of the same people that liked the Packers and Saints last week. Why do they even bother picking games, and why does anyone even pay attention?</p>

I think picking games is fun for people into betting, but theseanalysts are basically just guessing. Im hearing most of them on the radio picking the 9ers with all kinds of reasons why. Just funny to me that anyone even takes them seriously</p>

</p>

Just the same in 07.. They kept picking against us till there was no games left to pick against us. LOL.</p>

Just the way we like it</p>

I wish I could remember which media head it was in 2007/8 who said, on the eve of the Super Bowl, I'm picking the GIANTS only because I can't keep not picking them. This after they had beaten everyone in their path in the playoffs to that point.

chasjay
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, the Niners are at home - Alex Smith looked pretty good last week, even with their threat receiver (Crabtree) sh***ing the nest - their defense is solid - they got a win against us earlier in the year - they had fewer "stinkers" than we did during the season - they are a hungry team, after looking so bad the last couple years with this level of talent that they have

All that said, I expect us to dominate the game, although it may not equal a large point differential. And I much prefer the "experts" picking against us rather than for us. In short, I'm not bothered by the "experts".

Denaliman316
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
CBS has us unanimously picked, everyone on bleacher report, cole on yahoo picked us, silver a d the other guy did not.

Only Golic and Wickersham picked against us on ESPN. Baldinger picked against us on playbook everyone else picked us.

Either Ralph or Scwhartz will probably pick against us.

PFT picked against us so no surprise.

On NFL.com only two picked against us in the columnists panel.

Peter King hasn't put up his yet.

Users and accuscore picked against us barely.

So really in our favor 60 40 I would say.

As far users users go, I think it's a lot of Packer, Cowgirls, Eagirls and Deadskin fans driving it up too lol.

buddy33
01-20-2012, 12:53 PM
What worries me most about this game is that they will lose the "the world is against us" mentality and start acting like they deserve to win just by showing up.

bLuereverie
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
From what I've seen, it's pretty even in terms of who people choose. Maybe even more favor toward us.

Weygand
01-20-2012, 01:08 PM
The 9ers are a very good team and are hosting this game for a reason.

They pick games because people then talk about it. That's what journalism is.

And really, in effect you answered your own question partially.

I'd be willing to bet you have no idea, without Googling it, who Jimmy the Greek was and how he became a household name....

Meanhothead
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
These kids are hungry. They want it.

The Vets want another, the kids want to experience winning it all.

nihan87
01-20-2012, 01:16 PM
**** the experts! Love your team and route for them no matter what the other dudes get paid to say.

stormblue
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
i'm an expert.
i like our chances.
i have money on it.

joenew61
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
They have as good a chance of neutralizing our running game as we have of neutralizing theirs.

That leaves Eli and the receiving corp against SF Defense....vis a vis Alex and their receivers against our pass defense. I like that matchup a lot.

Special teams - give them an edge.

Unless we really lose the turnover battle, or they get some big returns, it is advantage G-men!

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
lol you make a thread about it and then ask "and why does anyone even pay attention?"

Maybe you have to ask yourself because before you posted it, I had no idea seeing as how I don't care what some random people in media think.

Zaggs
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I think alot of experts see the niner's better record, their previous win, defensive ranking and assume nothing has changed.

bflo23
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
ESPN picks:

Allen, Hoge, Jaworski, Mortensen, Schefter, Schlereth = NYG pick

Golic, Wickersham?!= SF pick

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

burier
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM

You see, this is the type of justification that irks me. I'm sure there are Superbowl winning teams who rested their starters in the final game of the season to keep them from injury. Didn't seem to bother them. Why is it that the Packers get the benefit of the 'rusty' excuse instead of the fact that the Giants D threw their offenive rhythm off?

And then I have to listen to that little troll Carton this morning saying how the Giants are gonna be the victims of 'jetlag'. Yeah, what other lame excuses are they gonna come up with? In '07 the Giants went from Tampa back to NJ, then to Dallas back to NJ, then to Wisconsin and back to NJ then out to AZ.

No excuses. NFL teams are conditioned for away games just as they better be prepared to snap back into after not playing 'meaningful' games

Kilt it.

Its the Anti Giants media bias which is fine but when Giants fans buy into it its annoying.

The Packers were rusty? They didn't look rusty week 1.

Its almost as annoying as this "Hot" nonsense.

Bottom line is the Giants have been in playoff mode for 4 weeks and in those 4 weeks we've delivered 4 curbstomps. The games haven't been close. At some point we have to recognize a trend.