PDA

View Full Version : Will Herzlich be much of a help?

BeatTHEJETS
01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Not like he played so well when he was in.
Hes a rookie, and easily was beaten when matched up with tight ends or wrs.

I would be very scared if he was matched up on vernon davis at any point of the game.

But, he has the heart, and will to fight. SO... HOPE HE PLAYS AND I HOPE HE KICKS BUTTT.

VBGiantsFan
01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Not like he played so well when he was in.
Hes a rookie, and easily was beaten when matched up with tight ends or wrs.

I would be very scared if he was matched up on vernon davis at any point of the game.

But, he has the heart, and will to fight. SO... HOPE HE PLAYS AND I HOPE HE KICKS BUTTT.

He's like an even poorer man's Chase Blackburn and he is much worse against the run.

We take our MLB out in passing downs anyway, and keep and OLB or safety on the TE in our conventional 4-3 set.

Herzlich probably won't see the field.

Zaggs
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
At best only for depth. The news about Herzlich is more about that he was the last guy on the injury report.

G-Man67
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Special Teams

how great would it be if he made a huge ST play esp. with his story

in 2007 we had an underdog type player cause a big fumble on STs ... let me look that up

Tank Daniels ... late season acquistion due to injuries ... forced a fumble on a return

BeatTHEJETS
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Special Teams

how great would it be if he made a huge ST play esp. with his story

in 2007 we had an underdog type player cause a big fumble on STs ... let me look that up

Tank Daniels ... late season acquistion due to injuries ... forced a fumble on a return

TANK DANIELS..wow..totally forgot about taht guy. yup guess your right.

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Do they really need him?

NWKEffectElement
01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
My guess would be on Special Teams. He was a sure tackler earlier this season and added some fire to that unit.