PDA

View Full Version : A BIT EARLY, BUT LETS BE READY TO COIN OUR RECEIVING CORPS WITH A PROPER NICKNAME

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:04 PM
there was an article in usa today about the gaints receiving corps today. there was some talk about how they don't have a nickname....well lets make one.

IF we win the super bowl, i say us giant fans do everything we can to insure that this receiving corps goes down in history as "The Dream Team". what do ya'll think?

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
there was an article in usa today about the gaints receiving corps today. there was some talk about how they don't have a nickname....well lets make one.

IF we win the super bowl, i say us giant fans do everything we can to insure that this receiving corps goes down in history as "The Dream Team". what do ya'll think?

I think no.

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:09 PM

I think no.

HUMBUG

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 01:10 PM
NO! We don't coin anything on this team that word.

We call them "those who shall not be named"

SIMMS5611
01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
"The Dream Team" has proven to be nothing but a cursed nickname.</P>

I say we try "The New York Football Giants Recieving Corp"..plain &amp; simple.</P>

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
NO! We don't coin anything on this team that word.

We call them "those who shall not be named"

okay. two no's and no yes's. i'll take that as a bad idea.....but i do like this "those who shall not be named" thing...though it's not very catchy.

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM

I say we try "The New York Football Giants Recieving Corp"..plain & simple.</P>

that's why i said, only after the super bowl if they were to win it....sorry ya'll....my mind wanders. i thought it was a nice touch, and would make everyone remember the great achievements and epic failures of the 2011 new york football giants and 2011 philadelphia eagles, respectively. i live in bird land, so anytime i can stick it to philly, i take a great pleasure in doing so.

Providence
01-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I told my Philly friend that I came up with a nick name for the Giants and it was "The Dream Team." She was so angry, it was awesome.

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM

i will remind you that the original, 1992, 'Dream Team' was anything but cursed.

nothing has been proven, besides the fact that the eagles blow.

giantsfan420
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
3 headed monster?

i dunno cant think of anything

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
I mean if you want to talk about individual nicknames that's cool. Hakeem the dream Nicks, Super Mario, Cruz control, whatever. But when you start going for the group name it gets dicey.

87Spider91
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I told my Philly friend that I came up with a nick name for the Giants and it was "The Dream Team." She was so angry, it was awesome.

Good one partner

BigBlue D
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Big Blue First Down Crew
JetBlue
Blue Air Trio

I don't know but just don't use those words "Dream Team". We all know how that worked out the last time it was used.

pjam84
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I mean if you want to talk about individual nicknames that's cool. Hakeem the dream Nicks, Super Mario, Cruz control, whatever. But when you start going for the group name it gets dicey.

the steel curtain, the hogs, the purple people eaters, big blue wrecking crew.....groups have been being nicknamed in the nfl for years, and the nicknames that are remembered belong to championship teams. not sure what's so dicey.

it's not like we're creating a nickname for a group of players that were just thrown together and have yet to accomplish anything. just sayin..

TrueBlue@NYC
01-20-2012, 01:26 PM
How about HYDRA since whenever we seem to lose a guy (smith, boss) someone steps in to take his place. </P>

</P>

Ruttiger711
01-20-2012, 01:26 PM
One of the Sirius hosts dropped "The Three Amigos" about an hour ago... Jim Miller I think.</P>

myles2424
01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I almost wish Cruz never started the salsa dancing.....the media is soo blind towards the gMen that they'd probaly still act like Cruz & nicks were nothing special .....I kinda like it better that way.....

DemandedAce
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I always have been partial to Royal Blue Airlines

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM

the steel curtain, the hogs, the purple people eaters, big blue wrecking crew.....groups have been being nicknamed in the nfl for years, and the nicknames that are remembered belong to championship teams. not sure what's so dicey.

it's not like we're creating a nickname for a group of players that were just thrown together and have yet to accomplish anything. just sayin..

How many of those are WR's? You named 3 defenses and an Oline. All are thought of more as groups/units. WR's by nature are thought of as a single person skill position. I think thats why it seems odd.

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM

How about "Damn We Were Awesome For One Year Until Free Agency Broke Us Up!"

Ruttiger711
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I like <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Triple X</FONT></P>

Since they are all home run threats, the defense doesnt get the luxury of defending the Y or Z</P>

SanDiablo
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Manos: Hands of Fate :D

BlueBlitzer
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I still like Jet Blue ( the more Jet fans hate it the more I like it )

BigBlue D
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I almost wish Cruz never started the salsa dancing.....the media is soo blind towards the gMen that they'd probaly still act like Cruz &amp; nicks were nothing special .....I kinda like it better that way.....
Come on these guys are going for over 120+ yds every week. I don't think the salsa is what drew attention.

OrangeGiant
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Have to admit, Gruden's nickname of Jet Blue I thought was pretty cool.

burier
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM

i will remind you that the original, 1992, 'Dream Team' was anything but cursed.

nothing has been proven, besides the fact that the eagles blow.

Yeah thats the curse.

The original dream was actually a DREAM TEAM made of guys no one ever thought would play on the same team in games that mattered. The Starting 5 were all HOF quality players.

There's simply no way to create that kind of team in the NFL therefore we need to back off of it.

NWKEffectElement
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM

I still like 'Jet Blue' also.

NYtoSanDiego
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
*Three Kings

*T.hree A.ir G.iants

*Giants Airmen

BlueSanta
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Not a fan of nicknames myself. At least, not while they are still playing.

Most of the best group nicknames werent really used until after the group was done.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll call them

1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Mario Manningham, sometimes Rio
3. Cruz

Sounds good

Mod_C
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

No thanks, already taken and dismantled

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 04:33 PM

I still like 'Jet Blue' also.

ewww....you said jet.

Ruttiger711
01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I still like Jet Blue ( the more Jet fans hate it the more I like it ) I still like 'Jet Blue' also.

ewww....you said jet.
</P>

This is why i could never get on board with this name for the stadium... it ACTUALLY says Jet... and only infers the Giants... kind of like if Green Giant (ho ho ho) sponsored the stadium - no way Jets would be on board with that. </P>