PDA

View Full Version : I predict a blowout, Giants 27 - 49ers 3

Coach Carter
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher.

The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith.

Book it.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it.</P>

I respectfully disagree..</P>

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches. </P>

Alex Smith is playhing very well right now and the whol eteam has huge confidence. Also Harbaugh is sgreat with unexpected plays being called at just the right time. </P>

The Giants can win for sure but no blow outs here. No way. </P>

BigBlue D
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
I think if we play a perfect game and they don't come to play at a high level, then yes it very well good be a blowout. But their D is very good, and their running game is up to the task.

Spizi
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm going 30-16

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm with you on this. I think SF is in store for a reality check.

Zaggs
01-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't go that far. If its rains, Giants by 10. If good conditions prevail, Giants by 14 or 17.

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
love that score go G-MEN!!!

CTLadyBlue
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field.

Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds.

Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day.

If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!

Coach Carter
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it.</P>

*I respectfully disagree..</P>

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. *Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches. </P>

Alex Smith is playhing very well right now and the whol eteam has huge confidence. Also Harbaugh is sgreat with unexpected plays being called at just the right time. </P>

What about the 49ers defensive backs?

Also, Justin smith will be lined up against our tackles.

Coach Carter
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field.

Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds.

Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day.

If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!
+1

lavar2
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Any team that has 4 turnovers and only wins by 4 points on a last second miracle series at home is in trouble. This team doesn't have the offense that the pack/falcons did and although their D is strong our offense has played well all season against solid defenses. Last game they had 2 fluke td's in a span of 30 seconds with Boley out including an onside kick for an extra possession and still barely won. We have the better qb, better wrs, better d-line, better secondary, better coaching. We are the better team and will win this game.

Giants: 24
49ers: 13

All in!

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
34-17 Giants.

49ers are so overrated.

Zaggs
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it.</p>

I respectfully disagree..</p>

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches. </p>

Alex Smith is playhing very well right now and the whol eteam has huge confidence. Also Harbaugh is sgreat with unexpected plays being called at just the right time. </p>

The Giants can win for sure but no blow outs here. No way. </p>

What about the 49ers defensive backs?

Also, Justin smith will be lined up against our tackles.

They ain't the Jets defensive backs, nough said.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 01:50 PM

I respectfully disagree..</P>

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches. </P>

What about the 49ers defensive backs? Also, Justin smith will be lined up against our tackles.</P>

He will be lined up bewteen Baas and the tackles. What about the NIners DBs...??</P>

The have very good defense.....you dont have to admit it but I think they do and I dont think its going to be a very easy game.</P>

You guys are all talking abouttangibles....what about the intangibles?? Harbaugh has these guys believing big time. If that attitude has been working for the Giants why cant it work for the Niners??</P>

They are hugely confident group right nowand will come out swinging with a vengance. </P>

</P>

burier
01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
34-17 Giants.

49ers are so overrated.

I'm thinking something close to this.

I just dont think they're going to be able to score. And I think our D is gonna look like the opportunistic ones when Smith starts throwing the ball to us.

No matter what happens the Giants are going to win.

DJloves
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
As long as we don't turn the ball over.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
34-17 Giants. 49ers are so overrated. I'm thinking something close to this. I just dont think they're going to be able to score. And I think our D is gonna look like the opportunistic ones when Smith starts throwing the ball to us. No matter what happens the Giants are going to win.</P>

doesnt he only have like 5 picks all season?? Or some very low number.</P>

I wouldnt underestimate Smith and that O in the least. Dont give a crap about what any talking head or stat says. </P>

13-3, second seed, and great defense all around. Gonna be tough win for the Gmen. </P>

But I will take a tough win anyday.....</P>

BParcells777
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not going to dispute your prediction....in this game anything is possible but I expect a closer game as our pass rush will be slowed by the muddy field

WORLDCHAMPS
01-20-2012, 02:07 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher.

The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith.

Book it.

I feel the same way....i see 31 - 10 GIANTS!!!

pino
01-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm with you, I predict a blowout too. But it may rain which would make this game a bit closer since they do have Akers.

NJ10
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
At the beginning of the week i thought it would be a close game, but after looking at the match ups a little closer.

27-10 GMEN

Harooni
01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Coach what you are not considering is we are going from playing one of the last ranked Defenses to one of the best, and then you factor spteams. i dont see any blowout.

GmenFan1980
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I never assume we blow anyone out and I won't start now

I'll go 24-17 Giants

BlueBlitzer
01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
The Falcons didn't know what Hit them, the Packers are crying in their soup and are stillawed, astonished, and beaten. The 49ers will be no differet why ? Because we have the opportunistic Defense with an explosive Offense. Once we go up by 2 scores, they will have to drop back and pass. It will be " Goodnight Irene er Smith "

blueomaha
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
respect all, fear none...NYG 31 SF 20

miked1958
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Ok... Check out the SIG. I will give the Niners a few more points then you did but I feel we ROLL them to. </P>

That prediction in my SIG was from last weeks game. I came so close to almost getting the actual score. i just left it up there. Has a nice ring to it. </P>

I also had Stats in another thread that came real close to the actual stat line.</P>

I will go with Eli 24/33 for 340 and 3Tds 1 INT. BJ and AB will each have a rushing TD and Tynes will have a FG. Smith will be sacked 7 times and fumble on 2 of them. He will also be picked off twice. The game will be well out of reach when SF gets their last TD. AB and BJ combine for 144 yards on the ground. </P>

DJloves
01-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope the ****iness on the board doesn't jinx us. We were quietly optimistic for our last two games but now it seems like everyone thinks we are going to win easily. I hope we deliver another blow out but the 49ers made it to the championship for a reason.

NYBlue10
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I give 49ers more than 3 points, they'll score a TD, so I give them 10 points.

The thing with 49ers is that they rely on turnovers and trick plays to win games, and they hardly blow away anybody, yeah the record looks good but they are not a dominant team that people think they are. A team that relies so much on turnovers which are never guaranteed to happen, and trick plays which in playoffs hardly works and only a sign of desperation, this game has a good chance of turning into a blow out if Giants score quick early on, and 49ers will be too shocked to make a comeback this time around due to the real defense by Giants.

Giants 23 - 49ers 10

swordfish
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Book it.Apparently you missed my post, GMen by 21+.

TheEnigma
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I've been saying this for awhile but don't underestimate Alex Smith. This kid is hungry to restore his name and status. If the secondary doesn't play at 100%, he'll make us pay with some easy completions.

theyregood
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
how do you blow out a team against an offense that doesnt turn the ball over?

and add to that, they have a D that leads the league in takeaways and running D.

And they also have a really good Special Teams,

How do you blow this 9ers team out?

if you do some Predictions, explain how they will get blown out. lol

nycisgreat
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I think the Giants will win with a respectable score.

I am still just shocked that Vernon D is throwing a party right after the game. It is just mind boggling. Also, the intro page to the Niners homepage is another thing that caught me off guard.

"Beat the Giants" I have never seen the Giants organization place anything like that on their page.

The Giants will defeat arrogance for the second straight week.

theyregood
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM

I am still just shocked that Vernon D is throwing a party right after the game. It is just mind boggling. Also, the intro page to the Niners homepage is another thing that caught me off guard.

"Beat the Giants" I have never seen the Giants organization place anything like that on their page.

Thats because he will be a decoy, LOL

brad
01-20-2012, 07:44 PM
SF defense is good, but will only slow down the Giants offense for so long. I expect SF to run the ball early and often, to counter that the Giants will run blitz and keep the receivers in front of them. The first half will be close but in the second the Giants offense will get going forcing SF to try to keep up... and thats when the Giants front 4 takes over. Final score 34-23

JJC7301
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Book it.
Every game and team are different. Some teams match up better against others. 49ers have a talent that we haven't REALLY seen yet and that is a dominant running game. I know that Turner of ATL did nothing against us, but he hadn't had a good game in weeks (as far as I understand it). And SF actually has a 2nd good RB in Hunter who is a change-of-pace back who average something like 6.0+ yards against us last time (albeit for only something like 40 yards). Biggest thing to do? Limit our own mistakes like fumbles, INTs, and stupid penalties.

I believe that we'll win this game as well.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 10:42 PM

</P>

Noy a big deal so dont make it one.....</P>

The Niners are a class org and none of the players have even approached anyhitng that would even be considered trash talk....</P>

JJC7301
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
27-20, Giants. And it may not even be that close as long as they limit their own mistakes.

AldonSmith
01-20-2012, 11:03 PM

Book it.

thanks for the good laugh

Niners lost 3 games this year with a combined scores of 15 points.

giantsfan420
01-20-2012, 11:04 PM

</P>

Noy a *big deal so dont make it one.....</P>

The Niners are a class org and none of the players have even approached anyhitng that would even be considered trash talk....</P>

except donte whitner saying he's gonna injure players and vd throwing a "going to the sb" celebration party.

but we could all just be misreading that. he could still go to the sb as a spectator.

was it trash talk when jerry jones bought the players tix for the nfc champ. game in 07? that was an owner too, not even a player.

guarantee the players have heard bout this stuff.

nygfan7387
01-20-2012, 11:04 PM
If we don't beat Alex Smith, then we don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl...

giantsfan420
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM

Book it.

well u should be even more worried then bc every team has that one game where nothing works. i expect smith to throw ints, gore to fumble, ur d to get torched. it scares u too bc u know that it is bound to happen...

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-20-2012, 11:17 PM
With the weather forecast, I'll say low score, Giants 17 Niners 14

GameTime
01-20-2012, 11:18 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it. thanks for the good laugh Niners lost 3 games this year with a combined scores of 15 points. well u should be even more worried then bc every team has that one game where nothing works. i expect smith to throw ints, gore to fumble, ur d to get torched. it scares u too bc u know that it is bound to happen...</P>

??.</P>

Smith has 5 picks all season or somehting like that. The Niners lead the league in take aways and their offense leads the league in protecting the ball.</P>

Dont think the Niners are worried at all. The Giants arent either.</P>

</P>

AldonSmith
01-20-2012, 11:20 PM

Book it.

well u should be even more worried then bc every team has that one game where nothing works. i expect smith to throw ints, gore to fumble, ur d to get torched. it scares u too bc u know that it is bound to happen...

We've been very consistent on not turning the ball over. I am not worried at all. Good luck Sunday.

whakka
01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
i think the niners are good for a td and 2 fg's.

giants good for 3-4 td's maybe a fg.

31-13 giants move on to play the pats.

eli beats brady again and brady makes that sour face that is almost as sweet to see as the giants winning it all.

Niner72
01-20-2012, 11:36 PM

Book it.

There are intangibles and that has to go to the home field team. I really can't see how the 49'ers don't play their game against the Giants. Considering the 49'ers outmatch the Giants in most phases of the game.

QB even because Alex doesn't turn the ball over like Manning
OL 49'ers Staley,Anthony Davis,Iupati,Snyder > Deihl et al
WR Giants,but if Crabs and DW have good games...even
RB's 49'ers more speed and NYG are last in the NFL
DL 49'ers but it is close...49'ers are relentless and tough
LB's 49'ers Bowman and Willis not even close
FS/SS 49'ers again heads above NYG
CB's 49'ers can your say Pro Bowl and picks
ST 49'ers they are the best by a mile in the NFL
Kickers 49'ers if the games on the line who do you want? No contest Lee/Akers
Coaching 49'ers just because of their better record 14-3

It won't be a blow out by any means. Harbough and his staff will be well prepared and that's why they're 14-3

NYBlue10
01-20-2012, 11:42 PM
This is too funny, one playoff game win and Alex Smith is even with Eli?

Get help, seriously.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 11:44 PM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it. There are intangibles and that has to go to the home field team. I really can't see how the 49'ers don't play their game against the Giants. Considering the 49'ers outmatch the Giants in most phases of the game. QB even because Alex doesn't turn the ball over like Manning OL 49'ers Staley,Anthony Davis,Iupati,Snyder &gt; Deihl et al WR Giants,but if Crabs and DW have good games...even RB's 49'ers more speed and NYG are last in the NFL DL 49'ers but it is close...49'ers are relentless and tough LB's 49'ers Bowman and Willis not even close FS/SS 49'ers again heads above NYG CB's 49'ers can your say Pro Bowl and picks ST 49'ers they are the best by a mile in the NFL Kickers 49'ers if the games on the line who do you want? No contest Lee/Akers Coaching 49'ers just because of their better record 14-3 It won't be a blow out by any means. Harbough and his staff will be well prepared and that's why they're 14-3</P>

stats dont win games and Smith is not even with Eli.....please. Smith is playing very well but take thehomer googles off for a second.....lol</P>

The Niners D is great the offense is effcient. Gonna be a great game....</P>

Niner72
01-20-2012, 11:47 PM
You won't be laughing.....The 49'ers play a very adapted WCO that is ball control and setup the knife play orientated. Alex Smith doesn't have to be a Drew Brees,he just has to execute the game plan and he has done that better than or equal to Tom Brady this year. Go Niners

NYBlue10
01-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh Alex Smith is better than automatic 1st ballot HOFer Brady now?

You 49er fans are just stupid, I could tell.

GameTime
01-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh Alex Smith is better than automatic 1st ballot HOFer Brady now? You 49er fans are just stupid, I could tell.</P>

I wouldnt say stupid just over enthusiastic that they have a QB that can actually play without totally sucking......</P>

</P>

</P>

Niner72
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh Alex Smith is better than 1st ballot HOFer Brady now?

You 49er fans are just stupid, I could tell.

Don't put words in my mouth Smith is not of the cailber as Brady ,but this year Smith has executed the game plan as well as the other 14-3 Patriots.

Niners 28 Patriots 26 in this Super Bowl

The media layed a egg with the Niners this year and still can't see how well coached this team is. 16-3 and our 6th Super Bowl with a new dynasty to boot!

GameTime
01-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Oh Alex Smith is better than 1st ballot HOFer Brady now? You 49er fans are just stupid, I could tell. Don't put words in my mouth Smith is not of the cailber as Brady ,but this year Smith has executed the game plan as well as the other 14-3 Patriots. Niners 28 Patriots 26 in this Super Bowl The media layed a egg with the Niners this year and still can't see how well coached this team is. 16-3 and our 6th Super Bowl with a new dynasty to boot!</P>

you dont want words put in your mouth but then you predict the future for not only the Niners but for all four teams. You're good....</P>

Oh yeah....gotta play Sunday first and try and win....</P>

pezman1963
01-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Its about what I think

Niner72
01-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Oh Alex Smith is better than 1st ballot HOFer Brady now? You 49er fans are just stupid, I could tell. Don't put words in my mouth Smith is not of the cailber as Brady ,but this year Smith has executed the game plan as well as the other 14-3 Patriots. Niners 28 Patriots 26 in this Super Bowl The media layed a egg with the Niners this year and still can't see how well coached this team is. 16-3 and our 6th Super Bowl with a new dynasty to boot!</P>

you dont want words put in your mouth but then you predict the future for not only the Niners but for all four teams. You're good....</P>

Oh yeah....gotta play Sunday first and try and win....</P>

yep,you have to play the game,good luck.

BornLegend
01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it. thanks for the good laugh Niners lost 3 games this year with a combined scores of 15 points. well u should be even more worried then bc every team has that one game where nothing works. i expect smith to throw ints, gore to fumble, ur d to get torched. it scares u too bc u know that it is bound to happen...</P>

??.</P>

Smith has 5 picks all season or somehting like that. The Niners lead the league in take aways and their offense leads the league in protecting the ball.</P>

Dont think the Niners are worried at all. The Giants arent either.</P>

*</P>Yeah and we got one of those picks. F the Niners!

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Sitting at home and it is pouring rain outside. Tomorrow (Sturday) will rain hard and xpected to have light rain on Sunday. I'm sure field is covered, but for some reason drainage at Candlestick isn't the best. I would expect in the least that the field will be slow, but in good nshape. That means there probably won't be many big plays in this game, unlike the turf at Green Bay or Atlanta. The field will be in condition for a plain ole style footbll game.

Niners Gore is healthy now- he wasn't at start of last game and left early, and Giants RB will be back. No matter what you think, the niners will have rushing advantage. They don't blitz like Giants and they are tough as hell to run on. Niners wre having success later in game against Giants and Harbaugh and company should have a good plan to run better. Giants passing attack is more control and I would expect Giants to try to take Davis out with double teams. There is slight chnce delany Walker will be back for game as he has been practicing.

With the field in its condition, Niner special teams will keep Giants from starting in very good field position. Niner FG kicker is primed for a big day. Niners punt and kick returner, Ginn looks like he will be out-but backup isn't shabby. Advantage will go to Niners.

If Niners have any success running, that will open up pass some for Alex. I think you might see Alex running more this game like you saw Rodgers. That will open things up alot as well. Giants played a great game last week, but anyone that saw that game saw that Green bay was off...all the dropped balls and their intensity was not very high. I think the 2 week layoff hurt them. Niners one week bye made them healthier.

So in other words, the foeld will be in decent shape but slow not sloppy. That will give both sides DBs and LBs greater ability to contain big play. One thing you can be assured is that Niners will probably have a plan very different than the first time. Patrick Willis I is now healthy as well. Both Giants and Niners are playing at a high level. Will besurprised if Giants can run on Niners this week at Candlestick. Also, the field is extremely loud for the visiting offense which will make it hard to communicate. Since Giants didn't fly in early and ae coming late, trhat also dosn't help their case with the time zone. I see Giants not being as sharp this game, and I think there will be a turnover or two. Should be a great game. vegars had Niners winning by 2 1/2 and they have covered spread 13 times. Things are pointing to a 49er win. Should be close. Special teams will be the difference for 49ers. Fangio will have a good scheme for Manning, and niner line not only pass rushes but they are run stopers. Manning will be very uncomfortable in th pocket if he can stay there and the environmnt will be hostile. The big, young and fast Niners should win. I predict a 23-17 vistory for the Niners.

WMBG
01-21-2012, 12:30 AM
There are intangibles and that has to go to the home field team. I really can't see how the 49'ers don't play their game against the Giants. Considering the 49'ers outmatch the Giants in most phases of the game.

It won't be a blow out by any means. Harbough and his staff will be well prepared and that's why they're 14-3

You're doing it wrong. You can't compare two teams across positions, simply because they won't be playing each other. The more relevant question is how many points the 9er D can hold the Giants O to, and how many points the Giant D can hold the 9er D to. You can't just say "We have a better Defense than you" without considering how that interacts with the Offense.

Which team can shut down the other team's strengths and exploit their weaknesses?

From what I understand, on offense the 9ers are a power run/short pass kind of team. I have complete faith in the GIants shutting down the intermediate/long passing game of the 9ers. We were able to slow down three high powered passing offenses in Dallas/Atlanta/GB, and Boley matches up very well with Davis while our CBs are more than adequate to deal with the 49er WRs.

I am worried about your runs, and I think you will definitely score on a few dumpoff screens (we suck on covering misdirection/screens), but I don't see the 9ers scoring more than 14-17 because we're not so bad on rushing D, especially in recent weeks, that teams just run all over us.

Our offense is completely predicated on Eli getting reasonable time in the pocket. We did great against the Cowboys/Atlanta/GB because they literally got no pressure on Manning. This time around, Eli will definitely feel pressure. However, the great thing about the Giants is that they thrive on the big play, not in sustaining 15 play drives with dink and dunk passes. The 9ers can stop us for no gain and then we'll drop a 30 yarder on third down. From what I understand, the 49er D is not great against the big play.

What will kill us is turnovers, but I honestly think that the 9ers will have to force at least 3+ turnovers to compensate for their lack of offense against a, dare-i-say, elite level offense like the Giants. Undoubtedly the Saints were not ready for your hardhitting style and were caught with their pants down. You guys will probably force an interception or a fumble, but I don't think that will break the game for us.

Honestly it'll be a fun game, and the reason why there's so much debate is because it really can go both ways. Good luck man, and may the best team win.

BornLegend
01-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Sitting at home and it is pouring rain outside. Tomorrow (Sturday) will rain hard and xpected to have light rain on Sunday. I'm sure field is covered, but for some reason drainage at Candlestick isn't the best. I would expect in the least that the field will be slow, but in good nshape. That means there probably won't be many big plays in this game, unlike the turf at Green Bay or Atlanta. The field will be in condition for a plain ole style footbll game.

Niners Gore is healthy now- he wasn't at start of last game and left early, and Giants RB will be back. No matter what you think, the niners will have rushing advantage. They don't blitz like Giants and they are tough as hell to run on. Niners wre having success later in game against Giants and Harbaugh and company should have a good plan to run better. Giants passing attack is more control and I would expect Giants to try to take Davis out with double teams. There is slight chnce delany Walker will be back for game as he has been practicing.

With the field in its condition, Niner special teams will keep Giants from starting in very good field position. Niner FG kicker is primed for a big day. Niners punt and kick returner, Ginn looks like he will be out-but backup isn't shabby. Advantage will go to Niners.

If Niners have any success running, that will open up pass some for Alex. I think you might see Alex running more this game like you saw Rodgers. That will open things up alot as well. Giants played a great game last week, but anyone that saw that game saw that Green bay was off...all the dropped balls and their intensity was not very high. I think the 2 week layoff hurt them. Niners one week bye made them healthier.

So in other words, the foeld will be in decent shape but slow not sloppy. That will give both sides DBs and LBs greater ability to contain big play. One thing you can be assured is that Niners will probably have a plan very different than the first time. Patrick Willis I is now healthy as well. Both Giants and Niners are playing at a high level. Will besurprised if Giants can run on Niners this week at Candlestick. Also, the field is extremely loud for the visiting offense which will make it hard to communicate. Since Giants didn't fly in early and ae coming late, trhat also dosn't help their case with the time zone. I see Giants not being as sharp this game, and I think there will be a turnover or two. Should be a great game. vegars had Niners winning by 2 1/2 and they have covered spread 13 times. Things are pointing to a 49er win. Should be close. Special teams will be the difference for 49ers. Fangio will have a good scheme for Manning, and niner line not only pass rushes but they are run stopers. Manning will be very uncomfortable in th pocket if he can stay there and the environmnt will be hostile. The big, young and fast Niners should win. I predict a 23-17 vistory for the Niners.Stopped reading at "Sitting at home". That's what the Niners are gonna be doing on Superbowl Sunday. So who do you like... Pats or Giants?

GameTime
01-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Sitting at home and it is pouring rain outside. Tomorrow (Sturday) will rain hard and xpected to have light rain on Sunday. I'm sure field is covered, but for some reason drainage at Candlestick isn't the best. I would expect in the least that the field will be slow, but in good nshape. That means there probably won't be many big plays in this game, unlike the turf at Green Bay or Atlanta. The field will be in condition for a plain ole style footbll game. Niners Gore is healthy now- he wasn't at start of last game and left early, and Giants RB will be back. No matter what you think, the niners will have rushing advantage. They don't blitz like Giants and they are tough as hell to run on. Niners wre having success later in game against Giants and Harbaugh and company should have a good plan to run better. Giants passing attack is more control and I would expect Giants to try to take Davis out with double teams. There is slight chnce delany Walker will be back for game as he has been practicing. With the field in its condition, Niner special teams will keep Giants from starting in very good field position. Niner FG kicker is primed for a big day. Niners punt and kick returner, Ginn looks like he will be out-but backup isn't shabby. Advantage will go to Niners. If Niners have any success running, that will open up pass some for Alex. I think you might see Alex running more this game like you saw Rodgers. That will open things up alot as well. Giants played a great game last week, but anyone that saw that game saw that Green bay was off...all the dropped balls and their intensity was not very high. I think the 2 week layoff hurt them. Niners one week bye made them healthier. So in other words, the foeld will be in decent shape but slow not sloppy. That will give both sides DBs and LBs greater ability to contain big play. One thing you can be assured is that Niners will probably have a plan very different than the first time. Patrick Willis I is now healthy as well. Both Giants and Niners are playing at a high level. Will besurprised if Giants can run on Niners this week at Candlestick. Also, the field is extremely loud for the visiting offense which will make it hard to communicate. Since Giants didn't fly in early and ae coming late, trhat also dosn't help their case with the time zone. I see Giants not being as sharp this game, and I think there will be a turnover or two. Should be a great game. vegars had Niners winning by 2 1/2 and they have covered spread 13 times. Things are pointing to a 49er win. Should be close. Special teams will be the difference for 49ers. Fangio will have a good scheme for Manning, and niner line not only pass rushes but they are run stopers. Manning will be very uncomfortable in th pocket if he can stay there and the environmnt will be hostile. The big, young and fast Niners should win. I predict a 23-17 vistory for the Niners.</P>

Eli is great vs the blitz.....better than when no blitz. The Giants as a team on the east coast have playe din plenty of bad weather. </P>

The run game for the Gianst only has to be effective it doesnt have to be great. </P>

Ginn is out that will effect you STs....no?</P>

The Time Zone??? These are young giys who are in peak condition fighting for a SB berth. The time wont mean squat......</P>

The only thing pointing to a Gianst or Niners wins are the fans.....</P>

This will be an evenly matched game with a close score...</P>

</P>

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:39 AM
You couldn't win last time and you most likely won't this time. The SB is destined to be named the Har-Bowl. New ngland will have a tough time against the Ravens this weekend.

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Yes should be an epic game. No blow out. Ginn is questionable, hasn't practiced, but he has played before after not practicing. The big run back on kickoffs probably not happening if he is out and I think field will be slow anyways. His replacement is above average as far as return and punt yardage. Still not a healthy Ginn.

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Last game, the Niners didn't have to blitz and Willis is healthy. Niners don't blitz very often.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 12:45 AM
You couldn't win last time and you most likely won't this time. The SB is destined to be named the Har-Bowl. New ngland will have a tough time against the Ravens this weekend.</P>

what in the last game leads to believe that the Giants were so over played that this wont be a toss up game?? Mario Manningham dropped a sure 6 points to tie the game. Not and excuse I am just saying the Niners won that game but it was far from a dominant performnce.</P>

Your the second Niners fan to come on and tell the future of all four teams.....</P>

You guys are all psychics on the left coast I guess....</P>

</P>

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:50 AM
I would expect both teams to make changes to plans....each will have to read what the other will do differently. Unlike Singletary and their O-coordinator last season, the Niners have much more dimensions on their play calling. They do a good job, and sem to have fixe things in the red zone. Goglin and his staff are exceptional. Interesting people were calling for his head. Giants success is more tied to how Manning performs than Niners are with Alex (unless he sucks in a game and turns it over which he hasn't done much at all this season). This game is probably 3-7 points either way. Manning is a huge weapon as far as ability to come back and that makes this Giants team dangerous. Yes they could get up on Niners early, but probably not going to happen at Niner home field. Should be a battle all the way through, and if any team is talking smack it is the couple players on the Giants (and it isn't much). I like both these teams. Both are classy and hard working fighting teams. Overall, the NFC has some great teams this year.

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 12:56 AM
I like Brady....watch him play in high school at Serra High. Just think defense will win and Ravens offense will control the ball longer and keep it from the potent NE offense. Of course, any team can win this game. I think all will be close games. Super Bowl should be great this season not matter who represents.

Giant stuck in Texas
01-21-2012, 01:05 AM
34-17 Giants. 49ers are so overrated. I'm thinking something close to this. I just dont think they're going to be able to score. And I think our D is gonna look like the opportunistic ones when Smith starts throwing the ball to us. No matter what happens the Giants are going to win.</p>

doesnt he only have like 5 picks all season?? Or some very low number.</p>

I wouldnt underestimate Smith and that O in the least. Dont give a crap about what any talking head or stat says. </p>

13-3, second seed, and great defense all around. Gonna be tough win for the Gmen. </p>

But I will take a tough win anyday.....</p>I wouldn't underestimate him either, but then again it's easy to only throw 5 picks when you do more running then passing and compile that with the fact that out of their 13 wins, only 4 of those teams have a winning record and descent defenses. I bet you Eli would have less then half the picks he does if he had Smith's schedule this season.

BornLegend
01-21-2012, 01:10 AM
I would expect both teams to make changes to plans....each will have to read what the other will do differently. Unlike Singletary and their O-coordinator last season, the Niners have much more dimensions on their play calling. They do a good job, and sem to have fixe things in the red zone. Goglin and his staff are exceptional. Interesting people were calling for his head. Giants success is more tied to how Manning performs than Niners are with Alex (unless he sucks in a game and turns it over which he hasn't done much at all this season). This game is probably 3-7 points either way. Manning is a huge weapon as far as ability to come back and that makes this Giants team dangerous. Yes they could get up on Niners early, but probably not going to happen at Niner home field. Should be a battle all the way through, and if any team is talking smack it is the couple players on the Giants (and it isn't much). I like both these teams. Both are classy and hard working fighting teams. Overall, the NFC has some great teams this year.Look man, so far in these playoffs the Giants gave up a wopping 8 points to their opponents and another 14 to the refs. We dominated the Superbowl Champs on their homefield and made Atlanta look like a pop warner team. Unless Alex Smith magically becomes Joe Montana, your team is gonna lose.

You should be proud, your team made progress this year but please stop trying to convince us because "I" for one is not impressed.

I really wanna be classy and a gentleman but at the same time, I really wanna win this game and the only thing that's in our way from us reaching our destination is your little red riding hood team.

Little Red Riding Hood has a BIG problem though. The Big Bad Wolf is in town and we're gonna huff and puff and blow your ****ing doors down. Hahaha

jjj45
01-21-2012, 01:15 AM
You couldn't win last time and you most likely won't this time. The SB is destined to be named the Har-Bowl. New ngland will have a tough time against the Ravens this weekend.lol i can gaurentee you there wont be a "harbowl" this year and thank God for it. I dont think I could take the hype. We already had to be subjected to it earlier this year. What a garbage game that was....

I think Harbaugh is a good coach but the way people slobber over him is ridiculous. He's not God.

Its funny talking with you niners fans cause of the time difference.

giants108090
01-21-2012, 09:40 AM
24-10 giants

Diamondring
01-21-2012, 09:59 AM
34-17 Giants. 49ers are so overrated. I'm thinking something close to this. I just dont think they're going to be able to score. And I think our D is gonna look like the opportunistic ones when Smith starts throwing the ball to us. No matter what happens the Giants are going to win.</P>

I wouldnt underestimate Smith and that O in the least. Dont give a crap about what any talking head or stat says. </P>

13-3, second seed, and great defense all around. Gonna be* tough win for the Gmen. </P>

But I will take a tough win anyday.....</P>So he managed the game well so what?

brad
01-21-2012, 10:10 AM

Book it.

Wow, let me help with this because you clearly are drinking too much cool-aid!

QB: Eli is clearly better... Smith manages the game well but not one you can consistently rely on to win games for you

OL: 9ers, Giants good at pass protection, not so good with run

WR: Giants, not even close

RB: 9ers, Giants but primarily because of the O-line

DL: Giants, far more depth and insane pass rush

LB: 9ers

FS/SS: difficult one here because they are used differently, push

CB's: Probably 9ers, but Giants corners have been exceptional in the playoffs

ST's: 9ers

Coaching: Going by this years record... 9ers, but that doesn't mean a thing, there are too many other factors. Clearly Coughlin has proven himself to be among the elite in the league. He has been here before and he has a ring to prove it. Giants, hands down.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 10:16 AM

13-3, second seed, and great defense all around. Gonna be tough win for the Gmen. </P>

But I will take a tough win anyday.....</P>

So he managed the game well so what?</P>

if you think Smithplays and is treated like a game manger only then you are not really watching....</P>

the guy play and certainly play good enough to win this game. </P>

I believe the Giants have the superior team but that doesnt always work out. </P>

</P>

</P>

giants_forever
01-21-2012, 10:25 AM
We all saw how nasty the 49ers d was when they played the saints. No matter what the giants will need to protect the ball, no turnovers and I say will be good. Agree with you Giants 24 49ers 13... Go Giants!

swordfish
01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
GMen by 21+, we are not the Saints defense, the gift giving stops this Sunday, only reason SF beat NO was turovers, and us during the regular season was two defensive breakdowns " which by the way came after Boley went down". The film does not lie, if the Saints held on to the ball, and had some semblance of a defense we would be going to NO. I watched the SF vs. NO game last week, Smith was horrid for 3 quarters of the game, I kept telling by bro that if it wasn't for the SF defense NO would have and should have put SF to rest, but NO started having the turnover bug, only reason SF still had a chance towards the end of the game, SF will see a real defense this Sunday, one that is playing at another level from the last time we faced them, no more defensive breakdowns and free scores like the first game, GMen by 21+.

Coach Carter
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Book it.

Get off the crack.

AntB
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I predict the game will be played on the field. Good luck Giants.

Spizi
01-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Book it.

lmao you should be a comedian!

QB- Giants by a landslide

Oline- 49ers

WR- Giants by a landslide

DL- Giants

LB- 49ers

DB- Even

ST- 49ers

Coaching- Giants (13 players on IR and still make the playoffs)

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Poured rain last night - 50+ MPH winds at SFO. Today just sprinkles. Rain tomorrow and swirling winds at Candlestick. Candlestick will be rocking tomorrow.

Last playoff I attended was Greenbay at SF and pouring rain. Was sandwiched between two cheese heads with water pouring off their heads like a waterfall. Whoever designed those had evil intentions. The nugget nogins will be proliferated throughout the stands. Go Niners!

Predicting a score is anyones guess. Looks like it will be a great good ole football fight. Both teams are peaking with winning streaks coming in and both believe they can conquer each other. The game will be played. Could be a classic.

Niner72
01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Coaching....??? Remember when Caughlin assumed that the Giants would score and send the game into overtime and let the clock run down to less than 40 seconds against the Niners?? He should have called a TO before that final 4th down. Buddy your Giants are having a wet dream!

JMFP2
01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Ravens defense did a number on the 49ers. Hopefully the Giants front four will have the same luck.</P>

Should be a great game.</P>

Niner72
01-21-2012, 04:25 PM
QB not a landslide,but if Eli doesn't panic I'll give you a slight edge</P>

DL Even at best</P>

DB Com'on man be real....who's your db's anyway??</P>

Coaching....Caughlin is older but that means zip!</P>

gabagool
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
How much Koolaid you been drinkin?

We will see about 26 hours from now. Would be wise to not take the G-Men lightly...

mr.hiroki
01-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field. Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds. Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day. If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!</P>

good points. don't forget the niners only allowed 1 rushing td all season! eli is playing at a high level, but if they stiffle our running game, it all goes on eli and san fran has a pretty nice defense themselves. i am hoping we smack em in the mouth early and force em to go to the air, although with coach harbaugh, idk that you really back him into a corner he's ballsy, lol. i will go with the giants 25&amp; the49ers 23, with us winning on a last second tynes field goal. idk, we'll see, i think it will be a great game, both games on sunday should be.</P>

mr.hiroki
01-21-2012, 04:31 PM
QB not a landslide,but if Eli doesn't panic I'll give you a slight edge</P>

DL Even at best</P>

DB Com'on man be real....who's your db's anyway??</P>

Coaching....<FONT size=5>Caughlin is older but that means zip</FONT>!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>yeah expierience has always been overvalued!</FONT></P>

rick5292
01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
With the weather forecast, I'll say low score, Giants 17 Niners 14

That sounds more realistic to me also. However, I would not be surprised if we still put up 30 points because our offense is playing so well

rick5292
01-21-2012, 05:21 PM
QB not a landslide,but if Eli doesn't panic I'll give you a slight edge</p>

DL Even at best</p>

DB Com'on man be real....who's your db's anyway??</p>

Coaching....<font size="5">Caughlin is older but that means zip</font>!</p>

</p>

<font color="#ff0000">yeah expierience has always been overvalued!</font></p>

<font color="#FF0000">Good point Niner's fan! Finally, someone with plain reason!</font>

Whomebe
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field. Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds. Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day. If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!</P>

good points. don't forget the niners only allowed 1 rushing td all season! eli is playing at a high level, but if they stiffle our running game, it all goes on eli and san fran has a pretty nice defense themselves. i am hoping we smack em in the mouth early and force em to go to the air, although with coach harbaugh, idk that you really back him into a corner he's ballsy, lol. i will go with the giants 25*& the*49ers 23, with us winning on a last second tynes field goal. idk, we'll see, i think it will be a great game, both games on sunday should be.</P>

Three rushing TDs actually.

As for the forcing us to the air thing, that's been what every single fan has said this season, no matter who we played. Hasn't really worked out too well for any of them. I think the first major team to dare us to go through the air was actually the Giants in week 10. With Alex Smith being as good as he has been this season, us going through the air has been a lot more dangerous lately than the ground.

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field. Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds. Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day. If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!</p>

good points. don't forget the niners only allowed 1 rushing td all season! eli is playing at a high level, but if they stiffle our running game, it all goes on eli and san fran has a pretty nice defense themselves. i am hoping we smack em in the mouth early and force em to go to the air, although with coach harbaugh, idk that you really back him into a corner he's ballsy, lol. i will go with the giants 25&amp; the49ers 23, with us winning on a last second tynes field goal. idk, we'll see, i think it will be a great game, both games on sunday should be.</p>

As for the forcing us to the air thing, that's been what every single fan has said this season, no matter who we played. Hasn't really worked out too well for any of them. I think the first major team to dare us to go through the air was actually the Giants in week 10. With Alex Smith being as good as he has been this season, us going through the air has been a lot more dangerous lately than the ground.

Thanks for the laugh, I hope your coaching staff considers that gameplan

Whomebe
01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field. Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds. Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day. If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!</p>

good points. don't forget the niners only allowed 1 rushing td all season! eli is playing at a high level, but if they stiffle our running game, it all goes on eli and san fran has a pretty nice defense themselves. i am hoping we smack em in the mouth early and force em to go to the air, although with coach harbaugh, idk that you really back him into a corner he's ballsy, lol. i will go with the giants 25*& the*49ers 23, with us winning on a last second tynes field goal. idk, we'll see, i think it will be a great game, both games on sunday should be.</p>

Thanks for the laugh, I hope your coaching staff considers that gameplan

I... didn't detail a gameplan? Lately (as in the last 3 or 4 weeks) our running game hasn't been too great and we've had to rely on Alex a lot more, and he's shown up. It's been nice. See last weeks game for examples.

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Niners didn't look good against ravens because they played Sunday and had to travel to east coast for Thursday night game. An extraordinary tough task. The odds were stacked against thm both preparation time wise and recuperation with travel. Game would most likely be different not to take away from Ravens.

Latest is that is it pouring on Sat. Foield will be slow. While Wrs will have advantage, so will pass rush. This may be a grind em out game. Not sure why the wide margin prediction...Niners have only lost by a margin of 15 total points in three losses.They'v defeated at least 3 teams Giants have lost to and are playing extremely well.

bledden
01-21-2012, 09:03 PM
It's ludicrous to say it will be a blow-out. What's the evidence? Duh - 49ers won 27-20 a few months ago.

I think it will be a close game, hopefully with the GMen coming out on top.

Also psychologically I think the latest game for the 49ers was a lot more emotionally draining than what the Giants experienced, so it's possible the 49ers will be a little flat.

Niner72
01-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I would like to introduce Mr.Willis and Mr.Smith....

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo297/Fast996/eli2.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo297/Fast996/eli3.jpg

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM

yr other Mr Smith who wears number 11 may not finish the game

tell yr back up to warm up

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
...and they got 1 sack last game......ONE

why so proud?

Niner72
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM

We kicked your imposter Carr out of SF and you dummies took him back!

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:13 PM

We kicked your imposter Carr out of SF and you dummies took him back!

yeah...thats extremely relevant

good one

Fortyniners
01-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Holy cow, there's a sickening level of homerism in this thread. The 49ers are overrated?? Alex Smith is crap? 49ers can't cover Cruz, Nicks, etc.? Please. That's like me saying that the Giants are crap because they got swept by the crappy Redskins and were 7-7 at one point.

I think the 49ers have the better front 7, better secondary, special teams, and running game. However, I'd give the edge to the Giants in terms of QB, WR, and OL. The Giants actually remind me of the 2008 Cardinals that went all the way to the Super Bowl (and should have won), which isn't an insult. A team that really put it together at the end of the season.

And both teams are much better than they were in Week 10.

I honestly don't expect a blow-out for either side. This game should be quite close. Just don't expect a 41-0 halftime lead like '01.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:02 PM

why so proud?

Lol, more ignorance. Both Justin and Aldon each got a sack, on top of numerous pressures and hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrbHlu5sH8

Get educated. That's a 3 man rush, with Justin getting chipped.

NYSPORTS
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
GIANTS 23
49ers 17

gmen46
01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Holy cow, there's a sickening level of homerism in this thread. The 49ers are overrated?? Alex Smith is crap? 49ers can't cover Cruz, Nicks, etc.? Please. That's like me saying that the Giants are crap because they got swept by the crappy Redskins and were 7-7 at one point.

I think the 49ers have the better front 7, better secondary, special teams, and running game. However, I'd give the edge to the Giants in terms of QB, WR, and OL. The Giants actually remind me of the 2008 Cardinals that went all the way to the Super Bowl (and should have won), which isn't an insult. A team that really put it together at the end of the season.

And both teams are much better than they were in Week 10.

I honestly don't expect a blow-out for either side. This game should be quite close. Just don't expect a 41-0 halftime lead like '01.

I agree with most of your post here, but with some caveats.

There are some posters here who've let their emotions get away from them a bit, true--but it's hard not to at this point, for both fan bases, wouldn't you say?

Your assessment of the edge each team's position unit has, respectively, is not far off, but not 100% either, in my opinion.

I would say our front 7 is much closer to your front 7 than you realize. Your 3-4 LB group is undeniably better than our 4-3 LB group. But I argue that our Line is more versatile and superior to yours, so that the 7 as a group are much closer to each other than most admit.

I agree especially with your comparison of the Giants end of season surge to that of the 08 Cardinals. I believe our entire team is better than that Cardinals team, but I like the comparison of our respective situations heading into the Conference Championship game.

They, like us, had a very ineffective defense all season until they turned it around at the very end and which then proceeded to carry the team on through the post season.

They, like us, won their division and entered the post season with a 9-7 record and 4th seed.

And the Cardinals, like us, had a top tier WR who stepped up his already impressive game more than a few notches for the post season.

Although I have to agree that the most likely outcome tomorrow COULD be a close game, I have a strong feeling that the margin of victory will not be all that close.

I feel that way in part BECAUSE "everyone" else is predicting a close game. But I also feel strongly about at least a 2 TD win by the Giants because of the fact we have won the last 4 games--each and every one of which were effectively "one or done" game situations--by margins of 15, 17, 22, 17 points, respectively, combined with the fact that your team, after 2 weeks to prepare, had to pull off a virtual PERFECT 5-10 minutes of football in order to upset the Saints at the last second.

It was an impressive victory over the Saints, don't get me wrong, but a team has to feel differently--deep down inside--about defeating one great offensive juggernaut of a team in the last seconds, IN THEIR own HOME FIELD, than another team does who just completely dominated a 15-1 team ON THE ROAD, a team that NOBODY gave the Giants a chance of winning.

It's just a "feeling" I have, I know, but I have it and I'm sticking to it.

gmen46
01-21-2012, 11:57 PM

why so proud?

Lol, more ignorance. Both Justin and Aldon each got a sack, on top of numerous pressures and hits.

I believe he's referring to the earlier Giants-Niners game, where Eli was sacked, in fact, only once.

Might want to understand a point better before you rush to assign the "ignorance" label on someone.

JMFP2
01-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Holy cow, there's a sickening level of homerism in this thread. The 49ers are overrated?? Alex Smith is crap? 49ers can't cover Cruz, Nicks, etc.? Please. That's like me saying that the Giants are crap because they got swept by the crappy Redskins and were 7-7 at one point. I think the 49ers have the better front 7, better secondary, special teams, and running game. However, I'd give the edge to the Giants in terms of QB, WR, and OL. The Giants actually remind me of the 2008 Cardinals that went all the way to the Super Bowl (and should have won), which isn't an insult. A team that really put it together at the end of the season. And both teams are much better than they were in Week 10. I honestly don't expect a blow-out for either side. This game should be quite close. Just don't expect a 41-0 halftime lead like '01.</P>

Do you think the 49ers defensive line is better than the Giants?</P>

</P>

Easy-Duz-It
01-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I think the 49ers have the better front 7

i have a lot of respect for the niners. and your front 7 is nasty...but this is absurd. we pretty much have a front 11. do you realize that the giants have 4 defensive ends that would start for most teams in the league? one of them even plays linebacker. let me just list off the depth of our "front seven" for you in case you aren't familiar. osi umenyiora, justin tuck, jason pierre-paul, mathias kiwanuka, chris canty, linval joseph, dave tollefson, michael boley, rocky bernard, joaquin williams, chase blackburn. front eleven. how are you gonna block these guys for sixty minutes? do the niners have a front eleven? lets hear it.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM

why so proud?

I believe he's referring to the earlier Giants-Niners game, where Eli was sacked, in fact, only once.

Might want to understand a point better before you rush to assign the "ignorance" label on someone.

Ok, fine. Fair enough. I just didn't think he'd be bringing up a game where you guys lost like that. the ignorance label still stands. A Giants fan more than anyone should understand that there is more to productive line play than just a sack. Manning threw 2 INTs didn't? The line got pressure no? Give me a break.

I guess Justin Smith is just average because he only had 7.5 sacks this year right? 49ers should just cut that bum.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM

i have a lot of respect for the niners. and your front 7 is nasty...but this is absurd. we pretty much have a front 11. do you realize that the giants have 4 defensive ends that would start for most teams in the league? one of them even plays linebacker. let me just list off the depth of our "front seven" for you in case you aren't familiar. osi umenyiora, justin tuck, jason pierre-paul, mathias kiwanuka, chris canty, linval joseph, dave tollefson, michael boley, rocky bernard, joaquin williams, chase blackburn. front eleven. how are you gonna block these guys for sixty minutes? do the niners have a front eleven? lets hear it.

Lol, what a joke. The stats and wins speak for themselves my man. You guys can't continue to dismiss everything Alex and the offense have done, saying the D did it, and the proceed to take credit away from the D.

Our front 7 has 3 all-pros (technically 4 since Justin made it twice), a defensive rookie of the year, 2 pro-bowlers and 3 pro-bowl alternates. Our back 4 have 2 pro-bowlers and 1 pro-bowl alternate.

gmen46
01-22-2012, 01:28 AM

why so proud?

Ok, fine. Fair enough. I just didn't think he'd be bringing up a game where you guys lost like that. the ignorance label still stands. A Giants fan more than anyone should understand that there is more to productive line play than just a sack. Manning threw 2 INTs didn't? The line got pressure no? Give me a break.

I guess Justin Smith is just average because he only had 7.5 sacks this year right? 49ers should just cut that bum.

Well, since you're breaking down stats into what counts and whatt doesn't count--one of those 2 interceptions was due solely to the WR stopping his route, not because of pressure Eli couldn't handle.

Still counts as an int of course, but it was not due to unbearable pressure. Which is your point. And it's inaccurate.

As for the other, the poster you call "ignorant" was responding to one of your ilk who brought up the Nov Niners-Giants game. So now he's "ignorant" for responding to one of your buddies, whereas you also called him "ignorant" for bringing up that game, when in fact he didn't? And before that, he was "ignorant" because he got the no. of sacks wrong--in your view-- when in fact he was accurate about the game he was referring to, but you were wrong because you referred to an entirely different game.

Who's the ignorant one, again?"

Weygand
01-22-2012, 02:06 AM

why so proud?

Well, since you're breaking down stats into what counts and whatt doesn't count--one of those 2 interceptions was due solely to the WR stopping his route, not because of pressure Eli couldn't handle.

Still counts as an int of course, but it was not due to unbearable pressure. Which is your point. And it's inaccurate.

As for the other, the poster you call "ignorant" was responding to one of your ilk who brought up the Nov Niners-Giants game. So now he's "ignorant" for responding to one of your buddies, whereas you also called him "ignorant" for bringing up that game, when in fact he didn't? And before that, he was "ignorant" because he got the no. of sacks wrong--in your view-- when in fact he was accurate about the game he was referring to, but you were wrong because you referred to an entirely different game.

Who's the ignorant one, again?"

You really put a Moe Green on him

Easy-Duz-It
01-22-2012, 02:13 AM

Lol, what a joke. The stats and wins speak for themselves my man. You guys can't continue to dismiss everything Alex and the offense have done, saying the D did it, and the proceed to take credit away from the D.

Our front 7 has 3 all-pros (technically 4 since Justin made it twice), a defensive rookie of the year, 2 pro-bowlers and 3 pro-bowl alternates. Our back 4 have 2 pro-bowlers and 1 pro-bowl alternate.

in what way did i discredit your defense? and where did i mention alex smith? i said i have a lot of respect for the niners and their defense. i just said the giants front seven is better and explained why i believe that. perhaps you didn't understand what i meant.

and i think it's important in this case to take into account that we are talking about a healthy giants front seven. we haven't really had a healthy defense all season until now. the depth of the giants defensive line is what puts them over the top in my opinion.

but i do like the 49ers defense a lot. i'm also a big harbaugh fan. don't really like his brother john too much though.