PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collinsworth Says the Giants are the Favorites

burier
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Not that it matters but since we're reporting people predicitions I thought I'd report this one especially since many here seem to think Collinsworth hates the Giants.

On Eisen's podcast he said the Giants are the "most complete" team and should be favored from here on out.

BigBlue D
01-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah I heard that earlier, and I hate Collinsworth so it's so hard to give him credit lol. But kudos to Chris for using his head for once.

CTLadyBlue
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Shut up, Collinsmouth!

jgrangers11
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
It makes sense. There isn't another team left that should feel they can both score a lot of points and prevent them.

It's also amazing how healthy the team is right now. Our only question mark is Herzlich.

TuckYou
01-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Did he say it in that nasally voice, throw a back handed comliment at Eli and then say Romo is a unbelievable QB?

BlueJayC
01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm sure he prefaced that statement with "well since all the talented worthy teams are out of the playoffs...."

JPP
01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Did he say it in that nasally voice, throw a back handed comliment at Eli and then say Romo is a unbelievable QB?

No but you could see it in his eyes.

burier
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
He actually said he was wrong for predicting the the Pack would beat the Giants. (Which I never hear an analyst do)

When asked if the Packers were rusty he said that the Packers were "Exposed" by the Giants and the that Giants were the more complete team and that he didn't know why he didn't see it sooner.

There were no backhanded compliments to be found and he actually went on for a good while on the subject.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Someone arrest this guy, he has a high abundance of marijuana in his home

YATittle1962
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Collinsworth said he thinks the Giants will win

Vegas said the 49ers are the favorites

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:38 PM
He actually said he was wrong for predicting the the Pack would beat the Giants. (Which I never hear an analyst do)

When asked if the Packers were rusty he said that the Packers were "Exposed" by the Giants and the that Giants were the more complete team and that he didn't know why he didn't see it sooner.

There were no backhanded compliments to be found and he actually went on for a good while on the subject.

All bull**** to me, my friend was dumping crap all over the giants all year, and all of a sudden they beat the Packers and he comes to tell me that he was wrong, after I told him he was wrong all year?

I still think he's a coward, if he hates the giants and he "should have seen it sooner" he shouldn't be up there doing what he does.

Enough is enough, keep your bias somewhere else ***-hat

87Spider91
01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Collinsworth said he thinks the Giants will win

Vegas said the 49ers are the favorites

Rush Limbaugh says 9ers and Pats. He's a Steelers fan and predicted their upset. He based Giants game on two injuries no ones talking about, probably - Baas/Ballard. I think he predicted Obama would lose, so there ya go.

TrueBlue10
01-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I saw the Collinsworth thing. Honestly, I think he's one of the dumbest announcers on TV. Thus, him picking us is kind of a bad thing in my opinion =P

CDN_G-FAN
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
we just need to admit that 8 times out of 10, most of us are hardcore Giant homers.</P>

whenever anyone predicts a giant loss, we think its because of some kind of character flaw !!!!!</P>

its nice chris thinks that, they'll be differing opinions, but i've always liked his commentary whenever i've been successful at taking off my homer glasses.</P>

Gianthunter
01-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Collinsworth said he thinks the Giants will win Vegas said the 49ers are the favoritesThe Giants have put Vegas in deep doo-doo. Methinks this may portend some actions.

burier
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Honeslty I'm not a big Collinsworth fan and I do think he has a bit of a beef with the Giants for some reason but...

Give credit where its due. He said he was wrong. Most analyst start couching that "Hot" crap or that "rust" crap or whatever...they never can just say "Im sorry I don't know what I'm talking about"

Collinsworth came pretty close the other night so we should give him some props for that.

sc_markt
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Not that it matters but since we're reporting people predicitions I thought I'd report this one especially since many here seem to think Collinsworth hates the Giants.

I'd rather be the underdog that gets no respect...

G-Man67
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
so why say we are FAVORITES, just say i think the Giants will win the Super Bowl

don't mess with our us vs. the world, road warrior mentality

Vegas is the only entity qualified to determine the favorites

gumby742
01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
it really bugs me when the media favors us. we end up playing like **** more often then not.

gmen0820
01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
What a hater.