PDA

View Full Version : If Gilbride gets a Head Coaching job

burier
01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?

bashful
01-20-2012, 03:25 PM

KG will not be a head coach. I wish he would though. Still not a fan. Talk about inconsistency and mental lapses. He scares me.

BigBlue D
01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Based on his 2 min drill play calling I say yes. Let him follow in Payton's steps and make the calls.

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM

[8-)]

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm more curious what we do if Fewell goes. I think offensively there are more options out there than defensively.

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM

KG will not be a head coach. I wish he would though. Still not a fan. Talk about inconsistency and mental lapses. He scares me.

He scared you right into the NFC Championship

pino
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I say no. Because you see the disaster the Colts have when Peyton is not in the game.

I'm a firm believer in having three coaches: head coach, OC, and DC. I can't stand when they are in the booth either.

repeatchamps
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm more curious what we do if Fewell goes. I think offensively there are more options out there than defensively.
</P>

Yup. Now that Spags is gone to New Orleans it will be very interesting to try and figure out what to do if Fewell lands a head coaching gig which would most likely be in Tampa. Personally, I'd like someone who will continue carrying the torch of what the signature defense has been duringthis defense'smost successful seasons under Coughlin. A Spags clone or a variation ofhis schemeif you will. Who could be the person to carry that torch though? I do not feel that person is on this staff presently.</P>

Harooni
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
no, based on the audibles where Bradshaw runs right into a brick wall.

but god i hope KG gets a HC job

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 03:53 PM

+1

How can people hate on KG after this year?!

For some perspective:

1986) 10th ranked offense

1990) 17th ranked offense

2000) 13th ranked offense

Gilbride Years:

2007) 16th ranked offense
2008) 7th ranked offense
2009) 8th ranked offense
2010) 5th ranked offense
2011) 8th ranked offense

We haven't had this good of a run on offense since the Championship teams of the 50s.

Give KG a break (even if that inside draw and screen drives you insane).

bklyn1028
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM

Dude, you get a +9 for that one.

bklyn1028
01-20-2012, 03:59 PM
You know, I've come to the conclusion that on this board, it wouldn't matter if win the up coming super bowl, there are some on here who would want to get rid of Coughlin and Gilbride. It doesn't matter what you show them, or how successful they are with this team.
Sad, isn't it.

NYtoSanDiego
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM

i posted this yesterday. there are teams who haven't decided on a HC (raiders) and i have feeling they're waiting for Gilbride and not so much fewell. his stock has risen this year based on what eli has done but more so overall from the OL, WR and TE.

and no it wouldn't go to eli. an O.C. is the game planner the X and O of the entire offense and eli won't be taking care of OL techniques and how WR should run their routes and how RB should hit the A gaps.

some people don't realize how much gilbride and fewell does for the giants. coughlin listens and if he doesn't like something in the gameplan he will add his 2 cents. coughlin looks at game tape but he doesn't gameplan for the upcoming team that's left to Gilbride and Fewell.

mattpl908
01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
yes as long as eli is in the game

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 04:04 PM

Dude, you get a +9 for that one.

[;)]

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
You know, I've come to the conclusion that on this board, it wouldn't matter if win the up coming super bowl, there are some on here who would want to get rid of Coughlin and Gilbride. It doesn't matter what you show them, or how successful they are with this team.
Sad, isn't it.

Such is life on the message boards. Sad, but true.

BlueJayC
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM
KG WILL NEVER BE A HEAD COACH for one simple reason......he doesn't interview well.....he's had multiple opportunities in the past and multiple interviews yet has been passed over everytime and the one conclusion I can come to is that he's terrible at these interviews......probably a lifer at coordinator like JJ from Philly........</P>

I'm still not sold on KG nor do I think I will ever be and I truly belive this offense is effective and productive "despite" him not "because" of him.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

+1

For some perspective:

Gilbride Years:

2008) 7th ranked offense
2009) 8th ranked offense
2010) 5th ranked offense
2011) 8th ranked offense

We haven't had this good of a run on offense since the Championship teams of the 50s.

It's those who hyper-focus on TODAY and can't seem to look at the larger picture. Coughlin hasn't had a loosing season here and that hasn't happened since 1952. This is truly the media and fan mecca for "what have you done for me right now""

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 04:08 PM
KG WILL NEVER BE A HEAD COACH for one simple reason......he doesn't interview well.....he's had multiple opportunities in the past and multiple interviews yet has been passed over everytime and the one conclusion I can come to is that he's terrible at these interviews......probably a lifer at coordinator like JJ from Philly........</p>

I'm still not sold on KG nor do I think I will ever be and I truly belive this offense is effective and productive "despite" him not "because" of him.</p>

At which of his interviews have you been?

G-Man67
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM

For some perspective:

Gilbride Years:

2008) 7th ranked offense
2009) 8th ranked offense
2010) 5th ranked offense
2011) 8th ranked offense

but but but, this one time he called like a draw and like the defence was right there and why didn't he call a pass!!! :)

BlueJayC
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
You know, I've come to the conclusion that on this board, it wouldn't matter if win the up coming super bowl, there are some on here who would want to get rid of Coughlin and Gilbride. It doesn't matter what you show them, or how successful they are with this team. Sad, isn't it.

Such is life on the message boards. Sad, but true.
</P>

Same can be said for Trent Dilfer.....all the guy did was win a SB.</P>

BlueJayC
01-20-2012, 04:11 PM
KG WILL NEVER BE A HEAD COACH for one simple reason......he doesn't interview well.....he's had multiple opportunities in the past and multiple interviews yet has been passed over everytime and the one conclusion I can come to is that he's terrible at these interviews......probably a lifer at coordinator like JJ from Philly........</P>

I'm still not sold on KG nor do I think I will ever be and I truly belive this offense is effective and productive "despite" him not "because" of him.</P>

</P>

All of them in spirit praying to God that one of these teams takes this guy off the Giants hands.....I'm gonna start campaigning for him.......who do I contact?</P>

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
KG WILL NEVER BE A HEAD COACH for one simple reason......he doesn't interview well.....he's had multiple opportunities in the past and multiple interviews yet has been passed over everytime and the one conclusion I can come to is that he's terrible at these interviews......probably a lifer at coordinator like JJ from Philly........</p>

I'm still not sold on KG nor do I think I will ever be and I truly belive this offense is effective and productive "despite" him not "because" of him.</p>

</p>

All of them in spirit praying to God that one of these teams takes this guy off the Giants hands.....I'm gonna start campaigning for him.......who do I contact?</p>

Save your nickle. As long as Eli is the QB, Gilbride will be the OC if he wants to stay.

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM

I'm still not sold on KG nor do I think I will ever be and I truly belive this offense is effective and productive "despite" him not "because" of him.*</p>

He got interviewed and turned down by the Raiders in early 2009..

Ouch.

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM

+1

For some perspective:

Gilbride Years:

2008) 7th ranked offense
2009) 8th ranked offense
2010) 5th ranked offense
2011) 8th ranked offense

It's those who hyper-focus on TODAY and can't seem to look at the larger picture.* Coughlin hasn't had a loosing season here and that hasn't happened since 1952.* This is truly the media and fan mecca for "what have you done for me right now""

I get that ... but we haven't had a poor offense since the last time we won the Super Bowl (ironically enough).

I think OC's are just the hate-bin of the NFL.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I like gilbride the past 3-4 weeks, other than that he's very inconsistent and he scares the hell out of me.

I think we can be on a whole new level with a new OC, someone who is actually more consistent.

Kruunch
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I like gilbride the past 3-4 weeks, other than that he's very inconsistent and he scares the hell out of me.

I think we can be on a whole new level with a new OC, someone who is actually more consistent.

I can't think of a more consistant OC in the NFL.

If anything that's his really only knock.

That and I hear there are players involved at some point in the offense.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Consistent in calling shotgun draws?

There were many games where the play-calling was horrendous

BlueJayC
01-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Save your nickle. As long as Eli is the QB, Gilbride will be the OC if he wants to stay.
</P>

I agree I think he'll be the OC until Coughlin retires......I don't think he has whatever "it" is to get another HC gig and any chance of him gettingfired soon went out the door with the playoff push and currentrun at the SB......<FONT color=#ff0000>frickin Giants......they gotta ruin everything.</FONT></P>

CGYgiant
01-20-2012, 04:56 PM

Yeah damn those shot gun draws. They only got us a few 2 point converts and a few third downs... but they dont work always so Gilbride is a terrible OC.

sadly this is the logic of most giants fans these days..

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Yeah damn those shot gun draws. They only got us a few 2 point converts and a few third downs... but they dont work always so Gilbride is a terrible OC.

Lol, okay I'm glad they worked recently, but please tell me you LOVE the shotgun draws on 3rd and long....

Or wait, 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, and they don't run the backs?

Come on please. You just love gilbride because of how awesome we're doing now, and SO DO I... but I'm not going to sit here and let that shadow the fact that his play-calling was ignorant throughout.

FiremanBob
01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Fassel

CGYgiant
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM

Lol, okay I'm glad they worked recently, but please tell me you LOVE the shotgun draws on 3rd and long....

Come on please. You just love gilbride because of how awesome we're doing now, and SO DO I... but I'm not going to sit here and let that shadow the fact that his play-calling was ignorant throughout.

Ive actually been one of his few supporters all year. A play caller doesnt suddenly turn "bad" or "good" he is what he is.

No matter what way you look at it, Gilbride is arguably the best OC the Giants ever had and Manning and the rest of the offence love his play calling.

The draw works and it doesnt work, just like any other play. Its there to keep defences honest when we are having troubles running the ball in run heavy sets. No I do not have a problem with the draw at all.

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Ive actually been one of his few supporters all year. A play caller doesnt suddenly turn "bad" or "good" he is what he is.

No matter what way you look at it, Gilbride is arguably the best OC the Giants ever had and Manning and the rest of the offence love his play calling.

The draw works and it doesnt work, just like any other play. Its there to keep defences honest when we are having troubles running the ball in run heavy sets. No I do not have a problem with the draw at all.

OK, I don't either, agree to disagree then

repeatchamps
01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Fassel</P>

Would never happen. Not in a million years. The media circus that would ensue would be a terrible distraction. I'd be all for stealing someone off of the Saints staff or eventhe Patriots staff though.</P>

bashful
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Peyton retires and becomes the Giant new OC