PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest worry

bashful
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
KG worries the hell out of me. I am not a fan of his and during both wins, especially against the Pack he goes into a funk. He is both inconsistent and predictable and does the same thing week in an week out. I see very few adjustments or wrinkles.
Thinking about the niners defense- they are big in size compared to our guys. One of the best ways to beat that kind of a team is get them running and moving. No huddle.
When I was coaching we were a relatively small team and we going against a defense that was huge and very aggressive. For the first half we played a hurry up no huddle offense - went out in fron 21-0 at half. When second have came we went back to our traditional offense and pounded - defense was licked.
Some type of adjustment by the offense to take niners out of sync would be great - BUT WISHFUL THINKING.

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
We put up 37 points against the Packers and 24 against Atlanta in a blowout. I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. Of course he makes adjustments, if he didn't, we wouldn't have the offense we do. Just because you don't know that it's happening doesn't mean it isn't happening. Defenses adjust as well and sometimes they match what you're doing. This is the NFL, the defense gets paid well to stop you and so far they haven't stopped us. So whats the problem?

DemandedAce
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
The reason it seems this way is we've been leading into halftime a bit, this means the third quarter the losing team has the advantage because they have premade adjustments. It takes time after we see their adjustments to adjust to their adjustments lol this is why we really take off in the fourth.

This is coming from a huge kg critic btw

bashful
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I see your point however this is the best defense we face all year. He needs to do something different to take them out of sync. Ala Brady/Belachek playbook. That is all I am saying.

Providence
01-20-2012, 02:56 PM
If Gilbride cured cancer he'd still get ripped on these boards.

buddy33
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
They need to play the way they did the 1st time except they they need to be ready for an on side kick, not have 2 interceptions, not drop a pass or just miss a wide open WR, not shank a punt, and not have their MLB get hurt.

They need to execute, not change their game plan.

GmenFan1980
01-20-2012, 02:59 PM

The patients cured themselves despite Gilbride :P /red

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
I see your point however<u> this is the best defense we face all year</u>. He needs to do something different to take them out of sync. Ala Brady/Belachek playbook. That is all I am saying.

I think that's debatable. I know they are ranked high and all but lets not forget who they get to play twice a year either. Of the 12 playoff teams their defense through the playoffs is ranked 11th. Granted they only have one game against the Saints to go by but I think this defense is being waaaay overhyped by the media just to play up the game. But we'll find out.

BrianK
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
I see your point however this is the best defense we face all year. He needs to do something different to take them out of sync. Ala Brady/Belachek playbook. That is all I am saying.Why would you stop doing something that is working? Why would you not continue to play to YOUR strengths?

mattpl908
01-20-2012, 03:03 PM
i agree with you but look...we're playing in the nfc championship game...something is working right?

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Sorry, but many people who are praising gilbride were calling for his head during the season when his play-calling was disgusting.

Yeah, I give him credit for making nice adjustments, but how wtf is his problem?

bashful
01-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Sorry, but many people who are praising gilbride were calling for his head during the season when his play-calling was disgusting.

Yeah, I give him credit for making nice adjustments, but how wtf is his problem?

Not me the man is an idiot. Don't trust him and he is lucky he has Eli to bail his butt out.
I will give him partial credit for the playoffs and nothing more. One thing I don't do is ride the win- if this a s s was so freaking good we would be hosting the game.
GO BLUE WIN IN SPITE OF THE TROLL!!!

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Not me the man is an idiot. Don't trust him and he is lucky he has Eli to bail his butt out.
I will give him partial credit for the playoffs and nothing more.<u> One thing I don't do is ride the win- if this a s s was so freaking good we would be hosting the game.</u>

Yeah our defense was lights out all year long, right? I don't think you watched many games this year.

Carnage929
01-20-2012, 03:54 PM
They need to play the way they did the 1st time except they they need to be ready for an on side kick, not have 2 interceptions, not drop a pass or just miss a wide open WR, not shank a punt, and not have their MLB get hurt.

They need to execute, not change their game plan.

Boley's our middle linebacker? Since when?

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 03:57 PM

I will give him partial credit for the playoffs and nothing more.<u> One thing I don't do is ride the win- if this a s s was so freaking good we would be hosting the game.</u>

Yeah our defense was lights out all year long, right? I don't think you watched many games this year.

Not sure who your talking to, but they weren't.... I didn't claim the defense was lights out.

If anything I was calling for Fewell and gilbride's head all year.

To be honest, Gilbride had more weapons than Fewell this year, Gilbride's offense should have been dominating ALL YEAR.

We didn't do so in a few games.

G-Man67
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I see your point however this is the best defense we face all year. He needs to do something different to take them out of sync. Ala Brady/Belachek playbook. That is all I am saying.

we hung nearly 400 yards on them last time, aside from a wrinkle here or there, we would be foolish to make major game plan changes ... NE has an almost basketball like approach with their TEs ... we don't have TEs like that ... why would we run their plays?

what killed us in the last meeting were critical turnovers and Boley getting hurt, so my game play is do basically the same thing without the turnovers and Boley don't get hurt!

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Not sure who your talking to, but they weren't.... I didn't claim the defense was lights out.

To be honest, Gilbride had more weapons than Fewell this year, Gilbride's offense should have been dominating ALL YEAR.

I was talking to bashful. But while we're at it...lol. How can you compare defensive and offensive weapons? We came into the year, if you recall, with NO TE, NO slot WR, just released our starting center and guard.

Under Gilbride (it's his system so you can't deny him some credit here) we have a WR that has been unbelievable, a TE who has easily made losing Boss a non issue and an Oline that is now (wasn't before with Beatty) getting it done.

Eli had his best year as a pro.

How can you say anything bad about what this offense has accomplished this year? And do you REALLY believe that this team is getting it done in spite of Gilbride? That's insane.

Providence
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM

I was talking to bashful. But while we're at it...lol. How can you compare defensive and offensive weapons? We came into the year, if you recall, with NO TE, NO slot WR, just released our starting center and guard.

*Under Gilbride (it's his system so you can't deny him some credit here) we have a WR that has been unbelievable, a TE who has easily made losing Boss a non issue and an Oline that is now (wasn't before with Beatty) getting it done.

Eli had his best year as a pro.

How can you say anything bad about what this offense has accomplished this year? And do you REALLY believe that this team is getting it done in spite of Gilbride? That's insane.

My thoughts exactly.

We all know that as fans of the Giants it can be very frustrating to see the inside draw to ware on 2nd and 12. It drives us nuts. But it's all part of a plan and a scheme. Gilbride's system has proven to be effective during his tenure here.

gsp3
01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
I think its hilarious that KG critics think they know better than a professional offensive coordinator that have given the Giant's a top ten offense the past 3-4 years.

You're really, really dumb if you think KG is bad. And you will ALL miss him when he's gone.