PDA

View Full Version : Loving the negativity (Usually means good things are ahead)

NoHuddle10
11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I agree, Sunday 11/20 we embarrassed the **** out of ourselves...... Hurt as bad as last years loss to Philly. BUT.......

This negativity is what drives this team! We need to STAY NEGATIVE!!!!!! I was sick to my stomach seeing all the overly optimistic Giants fans around.....

In 07, the year we won the super bowl, we had some embarrassing losses....

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

Every fan and media member hated on us. We were terrible. We were embarrassing.

We then went on a roll and won 6 straight to 6-2.... We were playing great ball.

Everyone was back on the bandwagon and over confident again. Then week 10, at HOME against the Cowboys, the division seemed to be on the line and we crap the bed. LOSE 31-20.

Everyone hated us again, fans were pissed. What do we do? Go on the road against a bad Lions team and barely sneak out a win. 16-10. People back off us a bit... Fans back off a bit.... but we are now at 7-3 and once again feeling "confident."

Then comes week 12. Home against a very average/bad Vikings team. Fans are once again happy about 7-3 and we get crushed. Lose at home to a terrible Vikings team 41-17. Playoff hopes are dim. Fans get pissed. We are back to 7-4, very similar to this year. With the negativity comes........

Two wins against the Bears and Eagles, but the playoffs are still in question. We are 9-4. Easy home game coming up against pitful Washington. Fans are again over confident and.........

We lose at home 22-10!!!! WHAT? at home against the horrible redskins with the playoffs on the line? We lose and it wasnt even really close........

Everyone hates us again. Coughlin is about to be fired. Everyone is pissed. All time low on the boards and amongst the fans. Playoffs are now looking very dim... Negativity is in full go..... And what happens?

We regroup and beat the Bills to lock our playoff chances up.

Bottom line - This team has a long ways to go, but its not over yet. We as the fans need to all realize DONT GET TOO HIGH ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!! 2007 was the most up and down season of all time. We by no means looked like a contender. We had to beat 3 teams during our run that all worked us during the regular season. We were 0-4 against those teams. This kept the negativity around. It came from both the fans and the media.....

But we go on to almost beat the Pats week 17. Fans still didnt believe. Then we beat the Bucs in first round. Fans still didnt believe because we had to go @ Dallas against a team that already beat us twice. Negativity stays, We win!

Then we have to go @ the Pack who also dismantled us in the regular season, negativity stays, we win.

Then the Super Bowl, everyone was just happy to be there, hoping for the best, hoping we kept it close. ZERO over confidence on anyones part. Everyone still doubted. WE WIN!

Last weekend made me very nervous. I bet 50 on the eagles winning and it paid out nice. But dont we learn? The overconfidence kills this team!

Lets all make a promise. No matter what happens the next 3 weeks. STAY HUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the NFL! Anybody can beat anybody! Especially division games!

I mean honestly, where did all this shock come from? We lost to the Seahawks and Redskins already this year. I promise you the team we played yesterday (even without Vick and Maclin) was more talented then the Redskins and the Seahawks....

WHEN WILL WE LEARN???????????????

The only time this team has played well as the favorites was through 13 weeks in 2008. We all know how that ended.....

daynemustgo
11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
They are done.

Rusty192
11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Actually all I really wanted was to sweep those ****ing *******s in philly.

but we failed.........again.

season could end tomorrow for all I care.....

NYfanatic
11-21-2011, 06:16 PM
When we lose the next two in blowouts yea I will come back and say
"Fire Tom"

funkybudda
11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
the negativity will lead to good things ahead? You mean like last year? Oh wait...

Big Blue 418
11-21-2011, 06:27 PM
the negativity will lead to good things ahead? You mean like last year? Oh wait...

Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial

nycisgreat
11-21-2011, 09:31 PM
When we lose the next two in blowouts yea I will come back and say
"Fire Tom"

I can't see them beating the Saints or Green Bay. There is a good chance that Coughlin's Tenure is over.

Martyr
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Actually all I really wanted was to sweep those ****ing *******s in philly. but we failed.........again. season could end tomorrow for all I care.....</P>

</P>

I hear you there I hate losing to them butforget them, Eagles they are not going anywhere this year. At least we have a chance to make the playoffs. </P>

bansaw
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
way to bring up 07

what about 08 - <font size="4">09</font> or 10?

buddy33
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh great. Another 2007 reference.

buddy33
11-21-2011, 09:52 PM
way to bring up 07

what about 08 - <font size="4">09</font> or 10?

This plus 2006. They started 6-2 that season as well I believe.

logan9839
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
If we beat either GB or the Saints, then we have a great chance, but we need to win one of those. Oh yea, and beat the cowboys twice.

buddy33
11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
If we beat either GB or the Saints, then we have a great chance, but we need to win one of those. Oh yea, and beat the cowboys twice.

Actually they don't need to win either of the next 2 games but they would then need to win their last 4. Winning ghe next 2 and losing to Dallas does not help them.

Roosevelt
11-21-2011, 09:58 PM
I agree, Sunday 11/20 we embarrassed the **** out of ourselves...... Hurt as bad as last years loss to Philly. BUT.......

This negativity is what drives this team! We need to STAY NEGATIVE!!!!!! I was sick to my stomach seeing all the overly optimistic Giants fans around.....

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

We then went on a roll and won 6 straight to 6-2.... We were playing great ball.

Everyone was back on the bandwagon and over confident again. Then week 10, at HOME against the Cowboys, the division seemed to be on the line and we crap the bed. LOSE 31-20.

Everyone hated us again, fans were pissed. What do we do? Go on the road against a bad Lions team and barely sneak out a win. 16-10. People back off us a bit... Fans back off a bit.... but we are now at 7-3 and once again feeling "confident."

Then comes week 12. Home against a very average/bad Vikings team. Fans are once again happy about 7-3 and we get crushed. Lose at home to a terrible Vikings team 41-17. Playoff hopes are dim. Fans get pissed. We are back to 7-4, very similar to this year. With the negativity comes........

Two wins against the Bears and Eagles, but the playoffs are still in question. We are 9-4. Easy home game coming up against pitful Washington. Fans are again over confident and.........

We lose at home 22-10!!!! WHAT? at home against the horrible redskins with the playoffs on the line? We lose and it wasnt even really close........

Everyone hates us again. Coughlin is about to be fired. Everyone is pissed. All time low on the boards and amongst the fans. Playoffs are now looking very dim... Negativity is in full go..... And what happens?

Bottom line - This team has a long ways to go, but its not over yet. We as the fans need to all realize DONT GET TOO HIGH ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!! 2007 was the most up and down season of all time. We by no means looked like a contender. We had to beat 3 teams during our run that all worked us during the regular season. We were 0-4 against those teams. This kept the negativity around. It came from both the fans and the media.....

But we go on to almost beat the Pats week 17. Fans still didnt believe. Then we beat the Bucs in first round. Fans still didnt believe because we had to go @ Dallas against a team that already beat us twice. Negativity stays, We win!

Then we have to go @ the Pack who also dismantled us in the regular season, negativity stays, we win.

Then the Super Bowl, everyone was just happy to be there, hoping for the best, hoping we kept it close. ZERO over confidence on anyones part. Everyone still doubted. WE WIN!

Last weekend made me very nervous. I bet 50 on the eagles winning and it paid out nice. But dont we learn? The overconfidence kills this team!

Lets all make a promise. No matter what happens the next 3 weeks. STAY HUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the NFL! Anybody can beat anybody! Especially division games!

I mean honestly, where did all this shock come from? We lost to the Seahawks and Redskins already this year. I promise you the team we played yesterday (even without Vick and Maclin) was more talented then the Redskins and the Seahawks....

The only time this team has played well as the favorites was through 13 weeks in 2008. We all know how that ended.....

Fairy tales can come true....they can happen to you..........

Roosevelt
11-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

GMENAGAIN
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial</P>

Ha ha . . . .lived through "the collapses", huh? You mean like last year when we went 10-6? Or the year before when we went 8-8, or the year before when we went 12-4?</P>

If you were a fan in the 70's like a lot of us on here, your frigging head would explode. Us long-time Giants fans aren't in Armegeddon mode after one loss drops us into a tie for the diviaion lead, because we know what things are like when it's REALLY bad. </P>

</P>

Rusty192
11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Oh great. Another 2007 reference.Nothing at all wrong with that. :)

pjam84
11-21-2011, 11:36 PM

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

great post. no matter how the season turns out, there's no reason to lose faith now. this is when things can get exciting. everything is lined up for the giants. we got two very tough games ahead. say we win both, everyone will fall back in love with this team. just the way it is. can't get too high or too low after a game unless the season is actually on the line. i certainly wouldn't bet my savings on a super bowl or anything (still hoping), but win or lose, they are certainly capable of making a run, and i think we all know they've proven that. let's just hope they can stay relatively healthy and execute. 6-4 isn't the end of the world.

byron
11-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I agree, Sunday 11/20 we embarrassed the **** out of ourselves...... Hurt as bad as last years loss to Philly. BUT....... This negativity is what drives this team! We need to STAY NEGATIVE!!!!!! I was sick to my stomach seeing all the overly optimistic Giants fans around..... In 07, the year we won the super bowl, we had some embarrassing losses.... Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35 Week 2 vs Pack 35-13 Every fan and media member hated on us. We were terrible. We were embarrassing. We then went on a roll and won 6 straight to 6-2.... We were playing great ball. Everyone was back on the bandwagon and over confident again. Then week 10, at HOME against the Cowboys, the division seemed to be on the line and we crap the bed. LOSE 31-20. Everyone hated us again, fans were pissed. What do we do? Go on the road against a bad Lions team and barely sneak out a win. 16-10. People back off us a bit... Fans back off a bit.... but we are now at 7-3 and once again feeling "confident." Then comes week 12. Home against a very average/bad Vikings team. Fans are once again happy about 7-3 and we get crushed. Lose at home to a terrible Vikings team 41-17. Playoff hopes are dim. Fans get pissed. We are back to 7-4, very similar to this year. With the negativity comes........ Two wins against the Bears and Eagles, but the playoffs are still in question. We are 9-4. Easy home game coming up against pitful Washington. Fans are again over confident and......... We lose at home 22-10!!!! WHAT? at home against the horrible redskins with the playoffs on the line? We lose and it wasnt even really close........ Everyone hates us again. Coughlin is about to be fired. Everyone is pissed. All time low on the boards and amongst the fans. Playoffs are now looking very dim... Negativity is in full go..... And what happens? We regroup and beat the Bills to lock our playoff chances up. Bottom line - This team has a long ways to go, but its not over yet. We as the fans need to all realize DONT GET TOO HIGH ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!! 2007 was the most up and down season of all time. We by no means looked like a contender. We had to beat 3 teams during our run that all worked us during the regular season. We were 0-4 against those teams. This kept the negativity around. It came from both the fans and the media..... But we go on to almost beat the Pats week 17. Fans still didnt believe. Then we beat the Bucs in first round. Fans still didnt believe because we had to go @ Dallas against a team that already beat us twice. Negativity stays, We win! Then we have to go @ the Pack who also dismantled us in the regular season, negativity stays, we win. Then the Super Bowl, everyone was just happy to be there, hoping for the best, hoping we kept it close. ZERO over confidence on anyones part. Everyone still doubted. WE WIN! Last weekend made me very nervous. I bet 50 on the eagles winning and it paid out nice. But dont we learn? The overconfidence kills this team! Lets all make a promise. No matter what happens the next 3 weeks. STAY HUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the NFL! Anybody can beat anybody! Especially division games! I mean honestly, where did all this shock come from? We lost to the Seahawks and Redskins already this year. I promise you the team we played yesterday (even without Vick and Maclin) was more talented then the Redskins and the Seahawks.... WHEN WILL WE LEARN??????????????? The only time this team has played well as the favorites was through 13 weeks in 2008. We all know how that ended.....

</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVj5xJROuU</P>

Pakman
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM

That's a lie

bleedinblue27
11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Not for nothing...... winning and Pride should drive this team!! the outside world should not matter one bit!! so sick of week 9, 10, we fall on our face and THIS COACHING STAFF cant get us out of this funk!!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE COACHING STAFF!!! we have the talent!!
GIANTS PRIDE IS STRONGER IN THE FANS THEN IN THIS TEAM!! fire it up GMEN!! prove me wrong!!

giantsfan39
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial</p>

Ha ha . . . .lived through "the collapses", huh? You mean like last year when we went 10-6? Or the year before when we went 8-8, or the year before when we went 12-4?</p>

If you were a fan in the 70's like a lot of us on here, your frigging head would explode. Us long-time Giants fans aren't in Armegeddon mode after one loss drops us into a tie for the diviaion lead, because we know what things are like when it's REALLY bad. </p>

</p>

We are not tied. Dallas has the lead due to their divisional record and they have an easy schedule coming up.

The 70's teams were garbage all around. These teams are under performing year in and year out.

giantsfan39
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial</p>

Ha ha . . . .lived through "the collapses", huh? You mean like last year when we went 10-6? Or the year before when we went 8-8, or the year before when we went 12-4?</p>

If you were a fan in the 70's like a lot of us on here, your frigging head would explode. Us long-time Giants fans aren't in Armegeddon mode after one loss drops us into a tie for the diviaion lead, because we know what things are like when it's REALLY bad. </p>

</p>

We are not tied. Dallas has the lead due to their divisional record and they have an easy schedule coming up.

The 70's teams were garbage all around. These teams are under performing year in and year out.

Rusty192
11-23-2011, 01:37 PM

That's a liePerhaps. Maybe i dont really feel that way but this isn't the first time these jerks have let me down. All they really showed is what a bunch of gutless *****s they are.

Marvelousmik
11-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

you mean the overconfidence

bleedinblue27
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
yeah....they are doing great now!!! jackwagon!!

little blue
11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Nah just means people are pissed.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 08:07 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoHuddle10
01-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

hahahah thanks for the bump. I forgot about this post....

GLAD THE PATS ARE FAVORITES IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Also, let me say, I see this changing going forward.... I see big things going forward, regardless of what happens 2 Sundays from now. A lot of young talent on the team now, and Eli will no doubt be one of the best QBs in the league every season going forward.

I said after the last SB that we had a dynasty forming... Then Plax shot himself and we lost some team unity/confidence, and we did some rebuilding.... But now!!!! haha I wont jynx anything.

poppa smurph
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial</P>

Ha ha . . . .lived through "the collapses", huh? You mean like last year when we went 10-6? Or the year before when we went 8-8, or the year before when we went 12-4?</P>

If you were a fan in the 70's like a lot of us on here,<FONT size=6> your frigging head would explode</FONT>. Us long-time Giants fans aren't in Armegeddon mode after one loss drops us into a tie for the diviaion lead, because we know what things are like when it's REALLY bad. </P>

</P>

</P>

Lol, truer words have never been spoken.</P>

I'm not laying claim to being a Giants fan in the 70's, but growing up back then... man, I had 3 channels on the TV. </P>

Snowy, fuzzy and french.</P>

I put in countless hours of being a young sports fan, waiting for the morning sports segment on Canada AM and learninghow to read a hockey game summary in our local paper by the time I was7.</P>

Now everything is a click away ( and I wish I had that same amount of time to devote to my teams ), and multiplied a thousand-fold.</P>

logan9839
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Bump, Turned out to be a great post in the end....I admit I was wrong, we did not need to beat either GB or NO, who would have figured....

calzonesays
02-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Bump, Turned out to be a great post in the end....I admit I was wrong, we did not need to beat either GB or NO, who would have figured....

assist goes to the arizona cardinals imo. the cardinals beating the cowboys in OT in week 13 kept the door open for the giants.

AND they beat the Eagles. And they choked against us. So they basically beat our 2 division rivals.

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 11:34 PM

assist goes to the arizona cardinals imo.* the cardinals beating the cowboys in OT in week 13 kept the door open for the giants.*

AND they beat the Eagles.* And they choked against us.* So they basically beat our 2 division rivals.

AZ didn't have a great year, but they were nobody's chumps.