PDA

View Full Version : Fewell to Bucs?

Tuckit91
01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
<DIV class=player>Buccaneers Offense (/player/nfl/244/buccaneers-offense) - TM - Buccaneers (/teams/clubhouse/nfl/tb/buccaneers) </DIV>
<DIV class=report>

The Bucs interviewed Packers QBs coach Tom Clements for their head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>Tampa Bay interviewed Packers OC Joe Philbin previously. Clements played quarterback at Notre Dame and has been an NFL coordinator. The Bucs have a whopping nine HC candidates and still want to talk to <FONT size=5>Giants DC Perry Fewell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=impact><FONT size=5></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=impact><FONT size=5></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>Now that Spags is off the market, I hope Fewell stays!</DIV>

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Do we have any other choices

repeatchamps
01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Do we have any other choices</P>

Not on this current staff imo. It poses a big dilemma now that Spags is in New Orleans. If Fewell goes what guy is brought in? Doubtful that promoting within will occur. They learned their lesson with the Sheridan debacle.</P>

FlipNYG77
01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Juan Castillo is always an option
</font>

jomo
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Do we have any other choices</P>

Not on this current staff imo. It poses a big dilemma now that Spags is in New Orleans. If Fewell goes what guy is brought in? Doubtful that promoting within will occur. They learned their lesson with the Sheridan debacle.</P>They also learned the hard way with Ray Handley.

Gianthunter
01-20-2012, 06:18 PM
And though his defense is now arguably playing better than ever, its notable struggles during the regular season may have scared franchises with head coaching vacancies away from making him a top candidate. But thatís the last thing on Fewellís mind right now. </P>

ďIím just trying to keep the job I have,Ē said Fewell, who is in his second year as the Giantsí defensive coordinator. ďIím happy not to see my name in print sometimes, so I donít know. Iíve been focusing on the job at hand and that hasnít been a concern for me.Ē</P>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_tom_coughlin_perry_fewe.html</P>

Tuckit91
01-20-2012, 06:26 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Pepper Johnson.</FONT></P>

scf424
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Rooney Rule

TheEnigma
01-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Rooney RuleI don't think Fewell will be used here just to fulfill the Rooney Rule this time. I'm sure the Bucs FO is impressed with how this defense has turned it around as of late and they do recall how good it was in 2010.

If Fewell leaves us, it could be a big blow unless we find a replacement nearly as good.

miked1958
01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
<DIV class=player>Buccaneers Offense (/player/nfl/244/buccaneers-offense) - TM - Buccaneers (/teams/clubhouse/nfl/tb/buccaneers) </DIV>
<DIV class=report>

The Bucs interviewed Packers QBs coach Tom Clements for their head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>Tampa Bay interviewed Packers OC Joe Philbin previously. Clements played quarterback at Notre Dame and has been an NFL coordinator. The Bucs have a whopping nine HC candidates and still want to talk to <FONT size=5>Giants DC Perry Fewell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=impact><FONT size=5></FONT>*</DIV>
<DIV class=impact><FONT size=5></FONT>*</DIV>
<DIV class=impact>Now that Spags is off the market, I hope Fewell stays!</DIV>Old news.. Several threads on this subject. From what I heard KG also has teams interested in talking to him

nycisgreat
01-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Do we have any other choices</p>

Not on this current staff imo. It poses a big dilemma now that Spags is in New Orleans. If Fewell goes what guy is brought in? Doubtful that promoting within will occur. They learned their lesson with the Sheridan debacle.</p>

+1