PDA

View Full Version : How do you blow out the 49ers?

theyregood
01-20-2012, 07:13 PM
They have an offense that does not turn the ball over that much

they have a D that leads the league in takeaways and also lead the league in rushing D

they have a really good special teams that can score and create good field advantage.

if the 9ers gets blown out by the Giants, how will the Giants do it?

slipknottin
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
score a lot more points than them.

Is this rocket science?

gianthole
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM

they have a D that leads the league in takeaways and also lead the league in rushing D

they have a really good special teams that can score and create good field advantage.

if the 9ers gets blown out by the Giants, how will the Giants do it?

Strange things happen.

theyregood
01-20-2012, 07:20 PM

Is this rocket science?

how will you do that?

they lead the league in takeways, they were +5 last week and also tough on the run.

how can you score more points than them?

If you can score more points than them, that means they have to "turn the ball over"

BUT, they do not turn the ball over.

So how will you get your chances of scoring more points?

Mod_C
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Is this rocket science?

how will you do that?

they lead the league in takeways, they were +5 last week and also tough on the run.

If you can score more points than them, that means they have to "turn the ball over"

Pay attention to this. I am going to move this thread to Smack Talk where it belongs. if you insist on posting Smack in TAGF you will be banned

slipknottin
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
how will you do that?

The saints scored 32 on them last week...

Unlike the Saints the giants can actually play defense.

Ask the falcons how you get shut out.

egyptian420
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't think we'll blow them out, but I think we'll win. What they have in a better defense we more than make up for in a better offense.

gianthole
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Is this rocket science?

how will you do that?

From what i've been reading, it's looking unlikely that Ginn is going to play. If your team is used to having favorable field position to start their drives because of his return abilities... I would say that is a start. No?

bLuereverie
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Saints outscored them the first 59 minutes with 4 TOs.

SF had 10 TOs all season. GB had only 14. Ripped that sucker out 5 times.

look@dafilm
01-20-2012, 07:25 PM
You don't. The 49ers loss total combined is only 15 points. Spread over 3 losses that's 5 points per loss. The 49ers don't get blown out. Contrary to what the fragile little egos of many fans have led them to believe, this will more likely than not be a pretty close game.

gianthole
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Is this rocket science?

how will you do that?

Pay attention to this.* I am going to move this thread to Smack Talk where it belongs.* if you insist on posting Smack in TAGF you will be banned

Mod C... Any possible way for you to find and help me activate one of my old handles? I remember the name.

look@dafilm
01-20-2012, 07:28 PM

This isn't true in the slightest. The Saints only had 14 points headed well into the 4th quarter. Thats when they finally started hitting their big plays and got a couple of 50+ yd scores.

What the Giants fans seems to be forgetting is that there is a difference between and opportunistic defense and a defense like San Francisco's that forces turnovers. Green Bays's turnovers they got throughout the season was a microcosm of opposing teams needing big plays to catch up. You eliminate that, and you expose their below average D.

SFranciscan
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
A blow out by the Giants is just incredibly unlikely. If anything, it will be the other way around (though I doubt it).

If Alex Smith or Frank Gore have a bad day or leave early, the 49ers still have an incredibly tough defense and they are likely to keep the game close.

If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen. Ask the Rams' quarterback. While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).

theyregood
01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
I dont think the Giants can blowout the 9ers

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't think we'll blow them out, but I think we'll win. What they have in a better defense we more than make up for in a better offense.

For that matter ask GB. W/O the refs help they almost get shutout

pezman1963
01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
Keep in mind GB did not turn it over much either till last week.

theyregood
01-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.

But GB beat themselves with dropped passes and allowing Hail Mary TDs, those things dont really happen, just luck.

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 05:18 AM

This isn't true in the slightest. The Saints only had 14 points headed well into the 4th quarter. Thats when they finally started hitting their big plays and got a couple of 50+ yd scores.

What the Giants fans seems to be forgetting is that there is a difference between and opportunistic defense and a defense like San Francisco's that forces turnovers. Green Bays's turnovers they got throughout the season was a microcosm of opposing teams needing big plays to catch up. You eliminate that, and you expose their below average D.

?
I'm talking about turning the ball over. Not taking it away. GB had 14 TOs all year. Giants forced 5, though one was negated by the ref. Or did GB just roll those footballs to NYG players without being touched?

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I think you may have gotten alot of the 49er fans excited with your subject line if they read it quickly.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM

But GB beat themselves with dropped passes and allowing Hail Mary TDs, those things dont really happen, just luck.

And the Falcon blowout was lucky? Shut their offense out and they have a better QB and offensive weapons than the 49ers. You are a fool.

pt1028
01-21-2012, 11:48 AM
If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen.* Ask the Rams' quarterback.* While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).

1) Comparing the Giants pass protection to the Rams pass protection is absolutely asisnine.
2) Smith and Willis already had that chance and got nowhere near Manning.
3) It's amazing how fans brag about any player on their team being able to knock anyone out anytime (concussion-wise) after one freak knockout to the Saint's running back.last game.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 01:01 PM
If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen.* Ask the Rams' quarterback.* While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).

1) Comparing the Giants pass protection to the Rams pass protection is absolutely asisnine.
3) It's amazing how fans brag about any player on their team being able to knock anyone out anytime (concussion-wise) after one freak knockout to the Saint's running back.last game.

Not to mention it was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been flagged.

theyregood
01-21-2012, 01:51 PM

And the Falcon blowout was lucky? Shut their offense out and they have a better QB and offensive weapons than the 49ers. You are a fool.

they dont have a running game like the 49ers, and your rushing D is last.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen. Ask the Rams' quarterback. While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).

Not to mention it was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been flagged.

No, it should not have been. Helmet to helmet hits are 100% legal so long as they are not against a defenseless player. When a RB has the ball and is trying to run up field, he is not defenseless. The NFL reviewed the play and ruled that it was legal.

The 49ers do not play dirty, they just hit hard.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM

So were the Giants lucky to beat the Falcons who do have a very good running game. Have you heard of Michael Turner, he is better than your guy. You don't have a WR that would even start for the Falcons and Matt Ryan is a better QB than Smith. I will give you Vernon Davis over Tony Gonzales but not by much. I have seen many 49er fans this week state that your o-line is a weak spot so where exactly is the 49er offense better than the Falcons who the Giants shut out two weeks ago.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.*

If you want to take Smith over Eli good luck with that.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times? Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.*

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times?* Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.*

I guess you have not been watching the Giants defense the past 4 weeks. They have been dominating. Eli is a much better QB that Smith at this time and has a much better chance of winning the game if it comes down to that. Eli has been through this before and I have a feeling Smith is a little nervous today.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 03:23 PM

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times? Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.

I guess you have not been watching the Giants defense the past 4 weeks. They have been dominating. Eli is a much better QB that Smith at this time and has a much better chance of winning the game if it comes down to that. Eli has been through this before and I have a feeling Smith is a little nervous today.

I think Smith is probably less nervous today because he knows that with Gore healthy, we will have a running game. I grant you that the Giants are a much healthier, better team than the last time they came to Candlestick but so are the 49ers, so I think those advantages offset.

If the game is as close as analysts are predicting, I would take David Akers over Eli Manning. Not only can he score from fifty yards without too much of a sweat but he has a better pass completion record than Manning.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times?* Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.*

I think Smith is probably less nervous today because he knows that with Gore healthy, we will have a running game.* I grant you that the Giants are a much healthier, better team than the last time they came to Candlestick but so are the 49ers, so I think those advantages offset.

If the game is as close as analysts are predicting, I would take David Akers over Eli Manning.* Not only can he score from fifty yards without too much of a sweat but he has a better pass completion record than Manning.*

Eli is a SB MVP and is now regarded as a Top 5 QB in the NFL. Your remark is quite ridiculous.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 03:35 PM

I think Smith is probably less nervous today because he knows that with Gore healthy, we will have a running game. I grant you that the Giants are a much healthier, better team than the last time they came to Candlestick but so are the 49ers, so I think those advantages offset.

If the game is as close as analysts are predicting, I would take David Akers over Eli Manning. Not only can he score from fifty yards without too much of a sweat but he has a better pass completion record than Manning.

Eli is a SB MVP and is now regarded as a Top 5 QB in the NFL. Your remark is quite ridiculous.

Exactly what part of my remark is ridiculous. I never said that Eli was not one of the best quarterbacks playing in the game today, just that Akers would be a much better pick to come through at the end in a close game and he has a better pass completion record than Manning to boot.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d826086f7/Divisional-Can-t-Miss-Play-Nicks-does-it-again?continuous=true

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Wrong video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d82598f53/WK-17-Can-t-Miss-Play-Akers-hits-gold

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM

I think Smith is probably less nervous today because he knows that with Gore healthy, we will have a running game.* I grant you that the Giants are a much healthier, better team than the last time they came to Candlestick but so are the 49ers, so I think those advantages offset.

If the game is as close as analysts are predicting, I would take David Akers over Eli Manning.* Not only can he score from fifty yards without too much of a sweat but he has a better pass completion record than Manning.*

Exactly what part of my remark is ridiculous.* I never said that Eli was not one of the best quarterbacks playing in the game today, just that Akers would be a much better pick to come through at the end in a close game and he has a better pass completion record than Manning to boot.*

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d826086f7/Divisional-Can-t-Miss-Play-Nicks-does-it-again?continuous=true

Dn't try to act like you weren't knocking Eli. We could let Eli kick one extra point and then he would have a lifetime 1.000 %, better than Akers. Would I then say Eli is a better kicker than Akers. It is just silly. Akers is a great kicker. Eli has become a very good (borderline great) QB.

SFranciscan
01-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Exactly what part of my remark is ridiculous. I never said that Eli was not one of the best quarterbacks playing in the game today, just that Akers would be a much better pick to come through at the end in a close game and he has a better pass completion record than Manning to boot.

Dn't try to act like you weren't knocking Eli. We could let Eli kick one extra point and then he would have a lifetime 1.000 %, better than Akers. Would I then say Eli is a better kicker than Akers. It is just silly. Akers is a great kicker. Eli has become a very good (borderline great) QB.

I was being facetious. Akers is 2:2 on the pass, which makes his pass completions per attempt 100%.

I hope your coach reviewed footage from the St. Louis game, because Harbaugh probably could have been a magician with all the tricks he has up his sleeve and our kicker is actually a pretty good passer and Harbaugh will let him throw if he thinks your pants are down.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Exactly what part of my remark is ridiculous.* I never said that Eli was not one of the best quarterbacks playing in the game today, just that Akers would be a much better pick to come through at the end in a close game and he has a better pass completion record than Manning to boot.*

I was being facetious.* Akers is 2:2 on the pass, which makes his pass completions per attempt 100%.*

I hope your coach reviewed footage from the St. Louis game, because Harbaugh probably could have been a magician with all the tricks he has up his sleeve and our kicker is actually a pretty good passer and Harbaugh will let him throw if he thinks your pants are down.*

Coughlin has been around the block a few times. I am confident he will have his team prepared.

East Coast Bias
01-21-2012, 09:50 PM
How do you blow out the 49ers?

Light them on fire first

XxBigWhitxX
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM

if the 9ers gets blown out by the Giants, how will the Giants do it?Don't turn the ball over (which we can do)
Cause 3 and outs an defense (Which we will do)
When you have the oppurtunity score (which we will do)
any more questions?

XxBigWhitxX
01-21-2012, 09:54 PM

But GB beat themselves with dropped passes and allowing Hail Mary TDs, those things dont really happen, just luck.5 turnover and a last second drive. S.T.F.U.

XxBigWhitxX
01-21-2012, 09:56 PM

they dont have a running game like the 49ers, and your rushing D is last.maybe you should tell the Falcons that....