PDA

View Full Version : What's with Niner players and fans?

NYtoSanDiego
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
in interviews and forums they're talking about how "they're hard hitters", "they won't know what hit them", "look what happened to the saints".

last i checked the Giants plays in the NFC EAST. we play the eagles, cowboys and redskins twice a year. our division has played hard hitting football for decades. they get a new coach and all of sudden in one year their the hard hitters of the NFL? .

miked1958
01-20-2012, 09:49 PM
in interviews and forums they're talking about how "they're hard hitters", "they won't know what hit them", "look what happened to the saints".

last i checked the Giants plays in the NFC EAST. we play the eagles, cowboys and redskins twice a year. our division has played hard hitting football for decades. they get a new coach and all of sudden in one year their the hard hitters of the NFL? .
Yea. It was donte wittner. He said they play at such a fast speed and hit so hard people are going to get hurt. People will be knocked out of game and he hopes that they won't be hurt to bad.
Jacobs needs to shut up this fool.

Didn't we own him in the buffalo win that clinched us a playoff spot in 07. I think he was beat by AB and run over by Jacobs in that game

miked1958
01-20-2012, 09:51 PM
However this fool is talking openly about hurting people purposely and trying to knock them out of game. Someone needs to light him up

JJC7301
01-20-2012, 09:53 PM
They are absolutely the most insecure bunch of players and fans that I've ever seen.

The Giants D of the last '80s were notoriously hard hitters (ask Montana and the Bills from SB 25), but they never felt the need to talk about how tough they were. They just went out, hit hard, and did their job.

SF is really sounding pathetic. Both their team and their fans. You've got to see their comments on ESPN articles -- they all sound like a bunch of thug-idiots.

Pakman
01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
When did the saints become a power offense? This whole hard hitting thing is hilarious.

NFC EAST/NFC NORTH are the toughest divisions in the NFC

South and West are SOFT

GiantWarfare
01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
they'll see what physical is this Sunday...

LOL at taking pride in brutalizing a finesse Saints team...

JJC7301
01-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Yea. It was donte wittner. He said they play at such a fast speed and hit so hard people are going to get hurt. People will be knocked out of game and he hopes that they won't be hurt to bad.

Didn't we own him in the buffalo win that clinched us a playoff spot in 07. I think he was beat by AB and run over by Jacobs in that game
We knocked out 7 opposing QB's last year and I don't remember Giants players talking like this. This guy Witner is not much of a player from what I understand. The crappy players are usually the big talkers.

Well, lets see what the big talkers bring to the game on Sunday.

SackingMyths
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
CC Brown is a big hitter.

Just sayin...

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
funny how much they as a team has talked this week funny

GameTime
01-20-2012, 10:50 PM
dont think they have talked that much at all. The Giants have talked more actually.</P>

Either wat you guys are overreacting. Between the two teams htere is really nothing to make a big deal about at all. </P>

To the OP......how do you make a thread bustingon the Niners fans and players for talking too much when you creating a thread about it the same thing essentially????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
NFC east/North is where it's at.

Seriously, all the teams in south and West are tools

AldonSmith
01-20-2012, 10:58 PM

lol @ the NFC East being hard hitters hahaha

ya'll have some of worst defenses in the league

Billyde508
01-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Go post on your eagles board clown, Your team is watching from their couches, You have no reason to talk any smack, go away idiot

BobbyD
01-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Go post on your eagles board clown, Your team is watching from their couches, You have no reason to talk any smack, go away idiotThat is a Niners fan. Talk about irony.

Billyde508
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah i realized that after I posted, just so used to eagle fans making dumb comments like that

calzonesays
01-21-2012, 02:30 AM

says the idiot who plays in a division with the rams and cardinals.

calzonesays
01-21-2012, 02:31 AM
i agree about the insecure fan thing though regarding 49er fans, look how many of them hover around here.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 02:41 AM

says the idiot who plays in a division with the rams and cardinals.*
& the seagulls lol. 2-14, 7-9, 8-8 division. Scary....

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 02:41 AM
a lot of double posts lately

Franchise408
01-21-2012, 04:10 AM
A fan of the team that won the division at 9-7 claiming another division is "weak".

That's rich.

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 04:18 AM

NFC East:
9-7
8-8
8-8
5-11
PCT: 0.46875

NFC West:
13-3
8-8
7-9
2-14

Wow, the NFC East is definitely light years ahead of the NFC West. What a scary division!

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 04:27 AM

NFC East:
9-7
8-8
8-8
5-11

NFC West:
13-3
8-8
7-9
2-14

Wow, the NFC East is definitely light years ahead of the NFC West. What a scary division!Ahead. Yea they are. It is nice to play an easy schedule.

How about you take a poll on which division is better? Who do you think would win that one?

Better yet this is the 1st time in NFCE history that a 9-7 team won their division. Your division can barely get out of its own way to win it. I mean last year a 7-9 team won the division lmfao! R U freaking serious. That whole division should have been dismantled. Better yet on prohibition for a few years (before they could make the playoffs).

Guess we will just have to knock them out. That division is just a paper champ as usual. A speed bump. It doesn't matter if they are 7-9 or 13-3 in that division. It all equals the same crap.

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 04:34 AM
dont think they have talked that much at all. The Giants have talked more actually.</P>

Either wat you guys are overreacting. Between the two teams htere is really nothing to make a big deal about at all. </P>

To the OP......how do you make a thread busting*on the Niners fans and players for talking too much when you creating a thread about it the same thing essentially????</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

From your recent posts, I have learned that you know more about football and are more of a realist than most of the football fans that I've seen on forums, including this one and the 49ers forum. Most of the fans make blind assumptions when they're trying to make a point but you don't. And for that, you, sir, have my respect.

Franchise408
01-21-2012, 05:12 AM

&amp; the seagulls lol. 2-14, 7-9, 8-8 division. Scary....

NFC East:
9-7
8-8
8-8
5-11

NFC West:
13-3
8-8
7-9
2-14

Wow, the NFC East is definitely light years ahead of the NFC West. What a scary division!Ahead. Yea they are. It is nice to play an easy schedule.

How about you take a poll on which division is better? Who do you think would win that one?

Better yet this is the 1st time in NFCE history that a 9-7 team won their division. Your division can barely get out of its own way to win it. I mean last year a 7-9 team won the division lmfao! R U freaking serious. That whole division should have been dismantled. Better yet on prohibition for a few years (before they could make the playoffs).

Guess we will just have to knock them out. That division is just a paper champ as usual. A speed bump. It doesn't matter if they are 7-9 or 13-3 in that division. It all equals the same crap.

Except that we beat the Steelers, the Bengals, the Lions, and your precious Giants on our way to 13-3. And our post-season win was against one of the best offenses in history, and one of the best QB's in the game today.

Our 13-3 is pretty legit.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 05:17 AM

NFC East:
9-7
8-8
8-8
5-11

NFC West:
13-3
8-8
7-9
2-14

Except that we beat the Steelers, the Bengals, the Lions, and your precious Giants on our way to 13-3. And our post-season win was against one of the best offenses in history, and one of the best QB's in the game today.

Our 13-3 is pretty legit.
And this is why you guys have blinders on. You guys are all world. You are in the toughest division. Had the toughest schedule & had the most injuries in this years nfl, and yet facing all that you went 13-3.

oh wait!

BTW you do realize we beat the packers who were 15-1 and the 2nd best offense ever in the nfl, with arguably the best qb in this years nfl correct?

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 06:11 AM

God New York fans are dumb. I keep hearing how "awful" the NFCW
is, its the most repeated inaccurate cliche I've read since joining
along with "derp, they're from SF, they is gay!!! derp"

You do know that the NFCW has the exact same combined record as the NFCE
right? Or how about that the 49ers went 8-2 outside of the NFCW? Or
maybe the fact that the 49ers went 3-1 (would have went 4-0, if not for a
lucky overtime play by the cowgirls) playing your precious NFCE?

Ask the Saints if they care if the 49ers are from the NFCW.

Firenugget
01-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Holy crap is it Sunday yet?

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Holy crap is it Sunday yet?
Tell me about it. I cannot freaking wait. I have the same feeling I had when we played the other two teams previously.

The talking is at its limit. Lets get it on!

Joe_morris
01-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Din't you lose to the Cowboys??? Who we beat TWICE and are in the NFC East???

Delicreep
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
OK...turning into my dad here.

There was a time when Niners fans were a class bunch, much like the other, older teams fans that had a history of winning.

I expect a little smack talk, and I expect confidence in your team, but the class? Not sure I see it from many of them.

Me? I expect a tough, tight game-both teams seem to be firing on all cylinders.
Good luck, and may the winner take it all.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 12:07 PM

To the OP......how do you make a thread bustingon the Niners fans and players for talking too much when you creating a thread about it the same thing essentially????</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

From your recent posts, I have learned that you know more about football and are more of a realist than most of the football fans that I've seen on forums, including this one and the 49ers forum. Most of the fans make blind assumptions when they're trying to make a point but you don't. And for that, you, sir, have my respect.</P>

thank you...</P>

and if you are the lovely lady in your avatar then PM me.....:)</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Funny enough, our RBs hit harder than your defense, your punks better watch out we hit back. Difference between the 49ers and Giants is the Giants never stopped hitting hard, punk.

http://globalvision.me/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot3/images/82384__boom2.gif

http://dest.tv/images/killdozer.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view1/3340942/jacobs-trucks-woodson-o.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view/16839/bj-vs-urlacher-o.gif

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 01:46 PM

The 9ers beat the Redskins, Eagles and Giants already this year! The 9ers D has knocked 7 runningbacks out of the game this year and 3 out for the season. We've always played a physical brand of football. The defense was just waiting for the offense to come around.

Your points are mute. Your anxiety level is rising.. Bcuz The 9ers are BAAAACK.

5 Rings Baby!

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Alright, let's play that game. Didn't the Giants lose to the Seahawks? Who the 49ers beat TWICE and are in the NFC West? Didn't the 49ers beat the Redskins, who beat the Giants TWICE?

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, let's play that game. Didn't the Giants lose to the Seahawks? Who the 49ers beat TWICE and are in the NFC West? Didn't the 49ers beat the Redskins, who beat the Giants TWICE?

LOL REP!

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM

The 9ers beat the Redskins, Eagles and Giants already this year! The 9ers D has knocked 7 runningbacks out of the game this year and 3 out for the season. We've always played a physical brand of football. The defense was just waiting for the offense to come around.

5 Rings Baby!

Did you play a physical brand of football the past 15 years as a bottom feeder in the NFL?

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes we did,, our offense just sucked.. No longer pal

5 rings baby

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 03:19 PM

5 Rings Baby!

Did you play a physical brand of football the past 15 years as a bottom feeder in the NFL?

You don't want to talk about history bub. How many trophies are in your case? how many in ours? What happened the last time these two teams played in the playoffs, which was 9 years ago btw. Hell, what happened earlier this season when these two teams met? Oh, and before you get off all high and mighty about the refs, you realize that when we played each other earlier this year that Whitner forced a fumble (much like your guys' Jennings non-fumble) in the red zone that was ruled not a fumble by virtue of "the whistle was blown" and thus we couldn't even challenge the blasted thing.

SackingMyths
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM

5 Rings Baby!

You don't want to talk about history bub. How many trophies are in your case? how many in ours? What happened the last time these two teams played in the playoffs, which was 9 years ago btw. Hell, what happened earlier this season when these two teams met? Oh, and before you get off all high and mighty about the refs, you realize that when we played each other earlier this year that Whitner forced a fumble (much like your guys' Jennings non-fumble) in the red zone that was ruled not a fumble by virtue of "the whistle was blown" and thus we couldn't even challenge the blasted thing.

Please learn the rules before you go using them as leverage in your argument.

It was ruled that Cruz's Forward Progress was stopped meaning that the play stopped at his furthest point. When I saw the play live, I wasn't even remotely worried that it was a fumble and I'm sure most of my fellow fans felt the same way.

There is a very clear difference. But I'm not sure it's worth explaining to you.

Roughly 24 hours before you're gone until next season, though...

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 03:29 PM

5 Rings Baby!

REP!! LOL

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:34 PM

5 Rings Baby!

OK bub. Giants have 3 SB trophies and 7 NFL titles. I can go all day if you like but it doesn't matter. Giants are the better team right now and have overcome many more bad calls the past few weeks than you 40whiners.

TheCatchIII
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
What's your deal?

JMFP2
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
The 49ers are so dominant, Drew Brees passed for over 450 yards against them....</P>

</P>

</P>

I used to think Eagle fans were ******nozzles, but they look like philosophers compared to who the mods decided to let in.</P>

TheCatchIII
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM
The 49ers are so dominant, Drew Brees passed for over 450 yards against them....</p>

</p>

</p>

I used to think Eagle fans were ******nozzles, but they look like philosophers compared to who the mods decided to let in.</p>

And 49 pts against the Giants [:D]

nyknstill!
01-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Last time I saw CC Brown

http://58.imagebam.com/download/hJVCSoD-wjpyXwOnYkuecA/17101/171008630/CCBHK.gif

Is that the CC Brown we are talking about?

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 04:44 PM

I'd love to see him try to hit jacobs the way he hit pierre thomas, I bet the result would be completely different

nyknstill!
01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Dude leaves Jacobs out of this, Bradshaw alone would knock him off.

SweetZombieJesus
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
You don't want to talk about history bub. How many trophies are in your case? how many in ours?

The Giants have been NFL champions 7 times.

They have competed for the NFL title in 8 of their 10 decades (a win tomorrow makes it 9 out of 10).

They are the only team to win Super Bowls in 3 consecutive decades.

In the last 25 years, nobody has won more than 3 Super Bowls and the Giants are one of the teams who've won 3.

The Giants have the NFL record for most playoff appearances at 31.

You guys had them all bunched up in one decade and then the sloppy seconds with Steve Young thrown in, and you've been playing since the 1940s.

What happened the last time these two teams played in the playoffs, which was 9 years ago btw.

You benefited from some of the worst officiating ever. The refs even admitted they were wrong the day after but you can't undo or do-over NFL games. What did you do with that unearned win? Funny thing is it seems to have messed your team up more than it did ours... Since then we've been to the playoffs 5 times and won a Super Bowl, while this is your first return after a decade of suckage.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 06:11 PM

5 Rings Baby!

It was ruled that Cruz's Forward Progress was stopped meaning that the play stopped at his furthest point. When I saw the play live, I wasn't even remotely worried that it was a fumble and I'm sure most of my fellow fans felt the same way.

There is a very clear difference. But I'm not sure it's worth explaining to you.

If that makes you feel better, than by all means, make excuses. I'm sure that Tom Brady never fumbled then either did he? He simply "tucked" the ball back.

At any rate it doesn't matter, we'll see all we need to tomorrow. The funny thing about all this is that I came into this board with a lot of respect, not trolling anything, but seeing all you ignorant NY fans run off your mouth about things you clearly know nothing about is just too much.

Quick question: Who would you rather have on your team, Willis or Boley?

Bread
01-21-2012, 06:17 PM

5 Rings Baby!

If that makes you feel better, than by all means, make excuses. I'm sure that Tom Brady never fumbled then either did he? He simply "tucked" the ball back.

At any rate it doesn't matter, we'll see all we need to tomorrow. The funny thing about all this is that I came into this board with a lot of respect, not trolling anything, but seeing all you ignorant NY fans run off your mouth about things you clearly know nothing about is just too much.

Boley, hands down.

SackingMyths
01-21-2012, 06:19 PM

5 Rings Baby!

I can't speak for everybody but I can tell you that I've seen opponents respectfully come on here and be treated with the same, almost without fail.

The "Tuck Rule" play is some of the happiest horse ish I've ever seen in my life.

And only a fool would claim to want Michael Boley instead of Patrick Willis. Though I did see Willis get absolutely smoked by Jimmy Graham all day (not that there's any shame in that). Boley didn't play in the game against NO, so save yourself the search for a counter-argument [:D]

Frankly, you seem somewhat level-headed and that hasn't been the case with your fellow SF visitors. I think most of our guards are just up. But don't think less of us. We just want a well-officiated game with no injuries and may the best team win.

We've had to deal with oodles of SF fans saying how Eli's gonna get knocked out of the game or other nonsense like that. Not so classy, imo.

Best of luck and do come back- one way or the other [B]

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 06:20 PM

5 Rings Baby!

Boley, hands down.

The sad part of that is that you're not alone. Various Giants' fans were trying to make the same claim a few days ago.

Whomebe
01-21-2012, 06:22 PM

5 Rings Baby!

I can't speak for everybody but I can tell you that I've seen opponents respectfully come on here and be treated with the same, almost without fail.*

The "Tuck Rule" play is some of the happiest horse ish I've ever seen in my life.

And only a fool would claim to want Michael Boley instead of Patrick Willis. Though I did see Willis gets absolutely smoked by Jimmy Graham all day. Boley didn't play in the game against NO, so save yourself the search for a counter-argument [:D]

Frankly, you seem somewhat level-headed and that hasn't been the case with your fellow SF visitors. I think most of our guards are just up. But don't think less of us. We just want a well-officiated game with no injuries and may the best team win.

We've had to deal with oodles of SF fans saying how Eli's gonna get knocked out of the game or other nonsense like that. Not so classy, imo.

People who think he's going to get knocked out of the game haven't seen him play haha. I think he's easily one of the most underrated players when it comes to toughness.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 06:26 PM

5 Rings Baby!

I can't speak for everybody but I can tell you that I've seen opponents respectfully come on here and be treated with the same, almost without fail.

And only a fool would claim to want Michael Boley instead of Patrick Willis. Though I did see Willis gets absolutely smoked by Jimmy Graham all day. Boley didn't play in the game against NO, so save yourself the search for a counter-argument [:D]

Oh I definitely plan to comeback either way. I will just wait a few days because either way the game goes, coming back right after will be impossible. :)

And a lot of lame 49er fans are on here. They're not even good trolls either they're so obvious, its not even worth talking to them. But I've been looking at some of the threads in here amongst the rest of the Giants fans amongst themselves, and some (if not most) of the posts in here are laughable. Bradshaw will kill the 49ers, Whitner sucks, Willis had a worse year than Boley, it will be a blowout, etc. Do all of you guys troll each other? lol. Because these are pretty common sentiments around here.

And even 49er fans have said this about Willis (vs. Graham) but I completely disagree. He certainly didn't get toasted, as Graham only had 2 big plays (the really long TD, and the TD in the first half) and both were just incredible throws to a guy that has over a half a foot on Willis into pretty good coverage. I invite you to look again at those 2 plays, and in both of them Willis is in good coverage, Graham is just a freak.

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 06:29 PM

5 Rings Baby!

I can't speak for everybody but I can tell you that I've seen opponents respectfully come on here and be treated with the same, almost without fail.*

True, only a fool, a true homer, or someone who knows nothing about the position and flipped a coin in the decision process would choose Boley over Willis. Like look@dafilm, I came in here with a lot of respect for your team and organisation. With that said, I don't think less of you guys because some 49ers fans are no better than some Giants fans. Homers will be homers and every fan will be somewhat biased if not completely biased. Oh and I disagree with your point of Willis being "absolutely smoked by Graham all day". Re-watch the NFL replay and you'll see that he did not get absolutely smoked by Graham all day.

Best of luck to you guys and your team as well.

SackingMyths
01-21-2012, 06:45 PM

5 Rings Baby!

True, only a fool, a true homer, or someone who knows nothing about the position and flipped a coin in the decision process would choose Boley over Willis. Like look@dafilm, I came in here with a lot of respect for your team and organisation. With that said, I don't think less of you guys because some 49ers fans are no better than some Giants fans. Homers will be homers and every fan will be somewhat biased if not completely biased. Oh and I disagree with your point of Willis being "absolutely smoked by Graham all day". Re-watch the NFL replay and you'll see that he did not get absolutely smoked by Graham all day.

Best of luck to you guys and your team as well.

RE: Graham vs Willis

Perfect throws beat perfect coverage and Graham is a freak, for sure. But both of Graham's TDs were with Willis manned up on him and on the 66 yarder, he made him look foolish.

gmen46
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM

5 Rings Baby!

Boley, hands down.

The sad part of that is that you're not alone. Various Giants' fans were trying to make the same claim a few days ago.

You probably have no way of knowing this, but you just responded to an Eagles troll who often comes on here to make stupid comments and claims.

I know of NO Giants fans who truly believes Boley is better than Willis (although Boley has done very well for us this season, overall, and he was missed when he went down in the first half vs you in the earlier game this year.

Having said all that, your question about Willis / Boley was kinda silly, won't you admit? And beside the point, actually.

The real question to ask is: would you rather have Eli or Smith? Would you rather have Nicks or Crabtree?

gmen46
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM

5 Rings Baby!

Boley, hands down.

You probably have no way of knowing this, but you just responded to an Eagles troll who often comes on here to make stupid comments and claims.

I know of NO Giants fans who truly believes Boley is better than Willis (although Boley has done very well for us this season, overall, and he was missed when he went down in the first half vs you in the earlier game this year.

Having said all that, your question about Willis / Boley was kinda silly, won't you admit? And beside the point, actually.

The real question to ask is: would you rather have Eli or Smith? Would you rather have Nicks or Vernon (I'd call that a wash, AT BEST)? Would you rather have Cruz or Crabtree? Would you rather have Manningham or (whoever you're 2nd WR is, which is kind of the point--not knowing who your 3rd best receiver is--isn't it?

Bread
01-21-2012, 07:08 PM

The 9ers beat the Redskins, Eagles and Giants already this year! The 9ers D has knocked 7 runningbacks out of the game this ad and 3 out for the season. We've always played a physical brand of football. The defense was just waiting for the offense to come around.

5 Rings Baby!

Boley, hands down.

I was joking. I saw the posts on your MB. Obviously, I would take Willis.

NYtoSanDiego
01-21-2012, 07:09 PM

To the OP......how do you make a thread busting*on the Niners fans and players for talking too much when you creating a thread about it the same thing essentially????</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

the point i was making is that the niners brand of football right now the nfc east has been doing since inception. run to win, pass to score and play tough defense. i can recall all the giants, redskins and eagles teams of the 80's playing that way. the niners in one year after getting rex ryan light all of sudden they're hard hitters? nfc east teams are not strangers to hard hits and cheap shots.

the giants talking is about winning the game not taking someones head off. would you rather players say hey we got good shot of losing?

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM

5 Rings Baby!

Boley, hands down.

The real question to ask is: would you rather have Eli or Smith? Would you rather have Nicks or Vernon (I'd call that a wash, AT BEST)? Would you rather have Cruz or Crabtree? Would you rather have Manningham or (whoever you're 2nd WR is, which is kind of the point--not knowing who your 3rd best receiver is--isn't it?

I'm not that naive. I've been around the internet a bit, lol. I could tell from his "straight up" bit, however he is, that he didn't mean it. But in a thread a few days ago many giants fans were making that argument. They never said outright that Willis was worse than Boley, but they said he cheats, is overrated, is on HGH, had a worse year than Boley, etc.

In a coaching and team-chemistry vacuum of course (I say that because it doesn't take a whole lot to plug in a new LB like it would WR or QB), I would take Eli. He's probably a top 5 QB at this point. Nicks too, but I can see a lot of similarities between him and Crabs. As long as he's healthy, Crabtree's next season will be telling of his future. He hits that 1000 yd mark like many think he can and puts together a full off-season of work in his *gasps* second year in the same system and we might see something real. But Cruz is a baller, he's one of my favorite non 49er players (needs to man up a bit though) I absolutely &lt;3 receivers with that kind of YAC ability.

Manningham is a wash though. I wouldn't take him over any other 49er receiver because they all suck to me. He's isn't a bad WR, just nothing special so I guess I shouldn't say suck, its just a position that I want upgraded drastically, far higher than Manninghams talent too. The only other WR worth a crap on the 49ers is Williams, and even he is coming along slowly. He's fearless though which I like. He gives devastating blocks for a 180 LB WR and has deceptive speed (see the Rams game). Ginn is alright, not as bad as many think or make it seem, but he should really only be a situational player and is much more valuable as a returner. What scares me is that we're going into this game with (probably, since Ginn probably won't play) Swain and Hasting (who?) as our #3 and #4 receivers. By far our worst position.

And IMO, Davis is a better TE than Nicks is a WR. Davis is the fastest TE I have ever seen. He runs like Moss. All of a sudden, he gets behind you and you don't know how it happened. He isn't a natural receiver however, much like Owens wasn't, so he's had to work twice as hard just to be average in ares like catching and route running. He's a great blocker though and is as valuable as a player as I can think of.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
dont think they have talked that much at all. The Giants have talked more actually.</p>

Either wat you guys are overreacting. Between the two teams htere is really nothing to make a big deal about at all. </p>

To the OP......how do you make a thread bustingon the Niners fans and players for talking too much when you creating a thread about it the same thing essentially????</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

the point i was making is that the niners brand of football right now the nfc east has been doing since inception. run to win, pass to score and play tough defense. i can recall all the giants, redskins and eagles teams of the 80's playing that way. the niners in one year after getting rex ryan light all of sudden they're hard hitters? nfc east teams are not strangers to hard hits and cheap shots.

the giants talking is about winning the game not taking someones head off. would you rather players say hey we got good shot of losing?

No, but I don't see the 49ers players saying "We cannot lose" like Rolle did.

NYtoSanDiego
01-21-2012, 07:26 PM

for 2011 yes but look at it from standpoint of 10-30 years. which nfl division has the most SB? "NFCE"

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM

for 2011 yes but look at it from standpoint of 10-30 years. which nfl division has the most SB? "NFCE"

Funny, because over the last decade+ the NFCW has 3 different SB representatives and has been in the SB 4 times over the last 12/13 years. The only other division that can say that is the AFCE and that's because New England has been to the SB 4 times all by itself.

NYtoSanDiego
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Funny, because over the last decade+ the NFCW has 3 different SB representatives and has been in the SB 4 times over the last 12/13 years. The only other division that can say that is the AFCE and that's because New England has been to the SB 4 times all by itself.

How long did it take you to fact check your team, rams and hawks? Jeez...

I can't wait till 930est tomorrow when all fake california weekly game trolls leave. Opening accts in the last couple of days.

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Niiners have only lost 3 games all year by combined 15 points. At home except for last minute comack loss to Cowboys in week two after installing new offense and new caoching staff and short preseason to prepare, Niners have been pretty dominating. Giants were down by 14 and had to come baclk to make it close. Granted this should be a real good game and close, but Niners deserve respect. They even defeated Washington away ()2 losses by Giants), t home New Orleans (dominated Giants), Philadelphia (away) ...etc. Niners are a good team.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
How long did it take you to fact check your team, rams and hawks? Jeez...

I can't wait till 930est tomorrow when all fake california weekly game trolls leave. Opening accts in the last couple of days.

Not long actually, doesn't take long to remember who was in the last handful of superbowls.

I hope for your sake that you're right, because if the 49ers win you guys will be overrun with Trolls let me tell you.

Fortyniners
01-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, it's true. The 49ers are the most physical defense in all of football. We've knocked seven RB's out of the game this season. In fact, we knocked Pierre Thomas out cold last week before he even hit the ground.

The 49ers are a great tackling team (best in the league) and are best in the league at limiting yards after contact.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, it's true. The 49ers are the most physical defense in all of football. We've knocked seven RB's out of the game this season. In fact, we knocked Pierre Thomas out cold last week before he even hit the ground.

The 49ers are a great tackling team (best in the league) and are best in the league at limiting yards after contact.

I love how you and the talking heads proclaim them the "most physical defense"

pure comedy

keep it coming

if Im not mistaken last season the Giants knocked out 7 or 8 QBs.......you didnt see us on others message boards swinging our ****s around and flaunting it

the 49ers will not win this game

and Alex Smith may not finish this game

whos yr back up

he better warm up

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 09:06 PM

I think it was last year we disabled 6-8 QBs some like Tony Romo for the whole season, and we only had half the rush we have this year. We don't head hunt RBs We are after the Queen Bee. I hope Alex eats his Wheaties tomorrow, and knows when to throw it away

Fortyniners
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM
You guys do have a great pass rush, and pass protection has single-handedly been the reason for each of our three losses this season. I think it could be the key for the Giants if they are to win this game.

Call me a SF homer if you want, but I truly think we could very well be 17-0 so far if we had a truly elite LT and RG (though both have exceed expectations this season), as in all our losses pass protection failure lost the game.

Fortyniners
01-21-2012, 09:15 PM

pure comedy

keep it coming

if Im not mistaken last season the Giants knocked out 7 or 8 QBs.......you didnt see us on others message boards swinging our ****s around and flaunting it

whos yr back up

he better warm up

I'm not flaunting anything. Our defense has been impressively physical and the OP is implying that 49ers fans are just making it up. If it wasn't for the character of our defense, you guys would likely be up against the Saints this week.

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
You realize the Niners genuinely can hit and hit hard? Also, they haven't talked all week. Not like Jacobs who has run his mouth. BTW, if you are gonna talk, don't have a lazy slob like Jacobs talk so that his teammates have to bail him out.

NYtoSanDiego
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM

pure comedy

keep it coming

whos yr back up

he better warm up

I'm not flaunting anything. Our defense has been impressively physical and the OP is implying that 49ers fans are just making it up. If it wasn't for the character of our defense, you guys would likely be up against the Saints this week.

"making it up" where did I say that?

The point of my post is that Giants players, coaches and fans is not going to be stunned if a SF LB or DB lights up a giants offensive player. We play and our division plays that style of football that your niners started playing what in the last two three years? its nothing new.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:48 PM
You realize the Niners genuinely can hit and hit hard? Also, they haven't talked all week. Not like Jacobs who has run his mouth. BTW, if you are gonna talk, don't have a lazy slob like Jacobs talk so that his teammates have to bail him out.

keep eating what the media feeds you like a good boy

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Lol, the Giants get all the media. I actually watched every Niner game so I can make up my own opinion.

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Lol, the Giants get all the media. I actually watched every Niner game so I can make up my own opinion.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:59 PM

I was referring to some Jacobs quotes you probably read

none of the players have really talked smack at all.....everything Ive heard has been very complimentary of the 49ers

the media... especially the ny media are masters of taking a quote out of its context and making sound like smack talk

gmen46
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Unbelievable how so many in SF have whined about the Giants "talking" this past week, as if they have been on a trash talking express.

EXACTLY what did Jacobs say that came across as "running his mouth"?

The interview I saw he said the Niners are a very good, physical team. And that he's looking forward to the game and the battle. He likes physical, hard-hitting games.

THAT's "running his mouth"? How is that trash talk?

And by the way, little Bradshaw is the one you might want to be wary of.

In the Packers game early December, Woodson--you know, All Pro, hard-hitting Charles Woodson?-- was knocked out of the game after he (Woodson) tried to tackle Bradshaw helmet-to-helmet. HE was knocked out of the game and sent to the locker room while Bradshaw kept on running and gained several more yards.

And in the Jets game of Week 16, Bradshaw COMPLETELY trucked Jets' DB, Poole, during an 8 yard TD run and knocked him out the rest of the game.

Your guys may well stuff our 2 rbs a few times, but one thing they will NOT do is knock either one out of the game. Chances are more likely a defender who attempts that will knock himself out.

As Jacobs said, while "running his mouth", BRING IT.

BK07071
01-21-2012, 10:48 PM

The only thing they hit hard is their meat!!!!!

Whomebe
01-21-2012, 10:49 PM
The gay jokes only get funnier every time they're said a million times per thread.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM

I was referring to some Jacobs quotes you probably read

none of the players have really talked smack at all.....everything Ive heard has been very complimentary of the 49ers

the media... especially the ny media are masters of taking a quote out of its context and making sound like smack talk

Jacobs said that he wished the 49ers would hit him. Rolle said there's no way they can lose. Jacbos later even said (in response to Rice's comments) that he respects Rice, but that he (Rice) would NEVER tackle him.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 10:53 PM

You don't think its possible that the 49ers are physical and quite possibly the most physical in the league? Ask the Saints about that one. Giants fans are so quick to discredit our wins and what our offense does, saying its all the D that does it and thats how we got 14 wins. But then when fans make the claim that they're incredibly physical, they scoff and make fun. Consistency people. Show a little bit of consistency.

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 11:22 PM

You don't think its possible that the 49ers are physical and quite possibly the most physical in the league? Ask the Saints about that one. Giants fans are so quick to discredit our wins and what our offense does, saying its all the D that does it and thats how we got 14 wins. But then when fans make the claim that they're incredibly physical, they scoff and make fun. Consistency people. Show a little bit of consistency.

This is the NFL, every team is physical and hits hard especially in the playoffs. To say otherwise just shows that you are not objective, and you wonder why you guys are scoffed at. You say you knock out runningbacks, well our front 4 is known to knock out QBs. We discredit your offense because it is one dimensional and you guys rely heavily on your defense to pull out wins. Your QB is nothing more than a manager, and I find it hilarious that you fans think he is capable of consistently performing like he did last week.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 11:34 PM

And Seahawks lol

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:36 PM

This is the NFL, every team is physical and hits hard especially in the playoffs. To say otherwise just shows that you are not objective, and you wonder why you guys are scoffed at. You say you knock out runningbacks, well our front 4 is known to knock out QBs. We discredit your offense because it is one dimensional and you guys rely heavily on your defense to pull out wins. Your QB is nothing more than a manager, and I find it hilarious that you fans think he is capable of consistently performing like he did last week.

I think its its hilarious when people still call Alex a game manager. The hidden tone in calling him that is that he cannot win games on his own. He has done it consistently all season. No wonder you guys get scoffed at when you "predict a blowout" and think this will be easy.

And don't insult me, I know teams are physical, its football. But there's a difference from team to team and intensity and focus and to say otherwise indicates your lack of objectivity.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM

And Seahawks lol

NFCW has the same overall record as the NFCE. Oh, and we didn't lose to our division doormats (TWICE!!) like you guys did.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 11:41 PM

Yes but I think of that group only the rams won. After tomorrow night the giants will have 2 SB appearances in last 4 seasons and 3 in 12. I think only the packers can even come close to that with 3 in 16

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 11:41 PM

This is the NFL, every team is physical and hits hard especially in the playoffs. To say otherwise just shows that you are not objective, and you wonder why you guys are scoffed at. You say you knock out runningbacks, well our front 4 is known to knock out QBs. We discredit your offense because it is one dimensional and you guys rely heavily on your defense to pull out wins.* Your QB is nothing more than a manager, and I find it hilarious that you fans think he is capable of consistently performing like he did last week.

I think its its hilarious when people still call Alex a game manager. The hidden tone in calling him that is that he cannot win games on his own. He has done it consistently all season. No wonder you guys get scoffed at when you "predict a blowout" and think this will be easy.

And don't insult me, I know teams are physical, its football. But there's a difference from team to team and intensity and focus and to say otherwise indicates your lack of objectivity.
game manager, especially being one of the most sacked qbs w/2nd least amount of passing attempts, behind only Tebow.

BTW Eli has an NFL record of 15 TDs in the 4th quarter, while Mr. Game Manager has 17 total tds for the season.

IT YELLS GAME MANAGER. Have a nice day.

Whomebe
01-21-2012, 11:44 PM

This is the NFL, every team is physical and hits hard especially in the playoffs. To say otherwise just shows that you are not objective, and you wonder why you guys are scoffed at. You say you knock out runningbacks, well our front 4 is known to knock out QBs. We discredit your offense because it is one dimensional and you guys rely heavily on your defense to pull out wins.* Your QB is nothing more than a manager, and I find it hilarious that you fans think he is capable of consistently performing like he did last week.

game manager, especially being one of the most sacked qbs w/2nd least amount of passing attempts, behind only Tebow.

BTW Eli has an NFL record of 15 TDs in the 4th quarter, while Mr. Game Manager has 17 total tds for the season.

IT YELLS GAME MANAGER. Have a nice day.And 17 touchdowns in the 4th quarter sounds like you have a terrible offense and defense and need to heavily throw in the 4th quarter in order to come back.

misconceptions amirite or amirite?

miked1958
01-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh and nice try on trying to argue for your division. Face it that division flat out stinks and has for a long time. If they seeded playoff by best record 1-6 instead of by div. the West would get left out every year. That's a fact.. What did Seattle make playoffs with 7-9 record few years back.. There was debate on changing system when teams with 10 and 11 wins are sitting home and a 7-9 team makes it

miked1958
01-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Or how about a 10 or 11 win WC team having to travel out west to play a 7 or 8 win team. Makes no sense

miked1958
01-21-2012, 11:46 PM
NFC West is the slime of the NFL

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 11:47 PM

No he hasn't, again let me reiterate that its your defense and running game thats been carrying you all year, and it wasn't so long ago that you fans were calling for Alex Smith's head. I wasn't trying to insult you, I just figured such an astute and knowledgeable fan such as your self would understand that this is the playoffs, and the intensity and focus of the players is at the climax at this point in the season. Again, no one is scared of playing the 9ers because they are more physical than their opponents which continues to illustrate that your blinders still haven't been removed.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Ask Detroit or New Orleans or even your own team if he's a game manager. The answer you receive will be very different from you ill-advised opinion.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh and nice try on trying to argue for your division. Face it that division flat out stinks and has for a long time. If they seeded playoff by best record 1-6 instead of by div. the West would get left out every year. That's a fact.. What did Seattle make playoffs with 7-9 record few years back.. There was debate on changing system when teams with 10 and 11 wins are sitting home and a 7-9 team makes it

I agree with you on only one thing, seeding in the playoffs should be based on record only, not divisional crap.

But as for the rest of your drivel, well, I'll leave you to that. You're obviously in too much of a tantrum to think rationally.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:53 PM
No he hasn't, again let me reiterate that its your defense and running game thats been carrying you all year, and it wasn't so long ago that you fans were calling for Alex Smith's head. I wasn't trying to insult you, I just figured such an astute and knowledgeable fan such as your self would understand that this is the playoffs, and the intensity and focus of the players is at the climax at this point in the season. Again, no one is scared of playing the 9ers because they are more physical than their opponents which continues to illustrate that your blinders still haven't been removed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7462866/san-francisco-49ers-tough-come-nfl-playoffs

Not only are they touch physically but mentally, they are cool customers.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 12:02 AM

Ask Detroit or New Orleans or even your own team if he's a game manager. The answer you receive will be very different from you ill-advised opinion.
LOL ok. Game manager. All the numbers and stats support it.

Answer me this. Why did he have the least amount of passing attempts only behind tebow? What does that say to you? Even when our run game was tops for years. Eli was never 2nd to last in pass attempts. Only bad QBs or ones thought of that way have fewest attempts in the league.

How did he only have 17 total tds?

How did he only score 17 pts on 4 turnovers by NO before the half?

If he is not a game manager. BTW someone already countered those games, but i bet you conveniently over looked that.

Continue with those blinders.

ShakeNBake
01-22-2012, 12:04 AM
ng

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7462866/san-francisco-49ers-tough-come-nfl-playoffs

First off that article is talking about MENTAL toughness in the ability to come back against the Saints, not PHYSICAL toughness in beating up other teams which was what you were claiming. Also the writer says that the 49ers defining moment this season was beating the Saints which you guys did at home as the higher seed(and won barely might I add) and tries to compare it to the underdogs(Giants 07 and GB last yr) going on the road and defeating the higher seeds( GB in 07 and ATL last yr) which is an absolutely terrible analogy. Last I checked the Giants knocked off the number 1 seed who were 15-1and did it in their backyard, where your team had home field advantage and won by the skin of your teeth.

Whomebe
01-22-2012, 12:05 AM

Answer me this. Why did he have the least amount of passing attempts only behind tebow? What does that say to you? Even when our run game was tops for years. Eli was never 2nd to last in pass attempts. Only bad QBs or ones thought of that way have fewest attempts in the league.

If he is not a game manager. BTW someone already countered those games, but i bet you conveniently over looked that.

Continue with those blinders.So basically when we want to talk about how good we think he is, it's all a team effort, everyone on the team needs credit, blah blah blah. but when you want to talk trash about him, all of a sudden the offense is a solo thing only determined by the one person?

Gotcha, keep trolling.

SFOperation
01-22-2012, 12:35 AM

What do YOU think is the main job of a QB? For me, a QB's main job is to put his team in position to win football games. Yes, you can talk about the stats but what's more important, stats like passing yards/attempts or W's? And Alex did just that this season with six 4th quarter comebacks and another 4th quarter comeback against the Saints. Call him what you want, but the kid is contributing to the 49ers' success by putting his team into game-winning positions. Of course people like media personnel likes to discredit his success by adding defense into the argument, but the last time I checked, this was a Team SPORT.

"Only bad QBs or ones thought of that way have fewest attempts in the league." Oh and to add onto your point of Alex only achieving 17 total TDs this season with second to last in pass attempts, like it or not, he managed games to have four more wins than Eli during the regular season. With that said, I don't see how a winning QB is a bad QB even if he has the fewest passing attempts in the league. Go ahead and bring up his past stats and how he did in the past. All I can say is that the past will be the past. This is now the 2011-2012 post-season and the kid is still playing while other QBs who have more passing attempts and scored more touchdowns than this "game manager" named Alex Smith, are sitting at home watching him play and are probably wishing to still be playing in the post-season.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
ng

First off that article is talking about MENTAL toughness in the ability to come back against the Saints, not PHYSICAL toughness in beating up other teams which was what you were claiming. Also the writer says that the 49ers defining moment this season was beating the Saints which you guys did at home as the higher seed(and won barely might I add) and tries to compare it to the underdogs(Giants 07 and GB last yr) going on the road and defeating the higher seeds( GB in 07 and ATL last yr) which is an absolutely terrible analogy. Last I checked the Giants knocked off the number 1 seed who were 15-1and did it in their backyard, where your team had home field advantage and won by the skin of your teeth.

The last time I checked, the 49ers are 14 wins and counting and have been winning close games like that all season. I can play this game too. The Giants beat a rusty team known for its great offense that got there in spite of a ****ty defense in the cold tundra that is hard to pass in. The 49ers beat an offensive juggernaut that broke several records and that many considered to easily be the hottest team in the NFL at the time in the beautiful Cali weather. All this talk about the Giants have great momentum, well good for them. Everyone was talking about the Saints' momentum too and look what happened there.

bubblesmcgee
01-22-2012, 12:49 AM

What do YOU think is the main job of a QB? For me, a QB's main job is put his team in position to win a football game. Yes, you can talk about the stats but what's more important, stats like passing yards/attempts or W's? And Alex did just that this season with six 4th quarter comebacks and another 4th quarter comeback against the Saints. Call him what you want, but the kid is contributing to the 49ers' success by putting his team into game-winning positions. Of course people like media personnel likes to discredit his success by adding defense into the argument, but last time I checked, this was a Team SPORT.

"Only bad QBs or ones thought of that way have fewest attempts in the league." Oh and to add onto your point of Alex only achieving 17 total TDs this season with second to last in pass attempts, like it or not, he managed games to have four more wins than Eli during the regular season. With that said, I don't see how a winning QB is a bad QB even if he has the fewest passing attempts in the league. Go ahead and bring up his past stats and how he did in the past. All I can say is that the past will be the past. This is now the 2011-2012 post-season and the kid is still playing while other QBs who have more passing attempts and scored more touchdowns than this "game manager" named Alex Smith, are sitting at home watching him play and are probably wishing to still be playing in the post-season.

So wins are the end all be all of quarterbacking? Alex Smith is a better qb than Drew Brees? Better than Eli? Just as good as Brady?

your argument is terrible. You say that Smith puts his team in position to win then go on to say its a team sport. Does he or does he not? No one said hes a bad qb just that hes a game manager...which by definition he is. Hes not trusted to throw the ball very much and thats because he has a very strong team around him. A good run game a good defense they dont need him to throw they just need him to not lose the game. and he did a great job at that this season. 13-3 is a very good season. But it came from a team not from alex smith