PDA

View Full Version : HOF..Eli?

elitime
01-20-2012, 09:34 PM
If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.

ashleymarie
01-20-2012, 09:37 PM
No question in my mind. Yes Eli is a HOFer. But I don't get to vote.

GmenFan1980
01-20-2012, 09:40 PM
If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.

it will help his case immensely, along with keeping these 4,000 yard seasons 20+ TD and mid teen int seasons.

Bohemian
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
This is way too early to bring such an issue up, but it is easy to see a good argument would be made if he kept such numbers up for a few more years. Another championship would certainly help, but already having one along with great career stats and winning teams can only help his cause. Eli is certainly in a favorable situation here, considering his constantly improving stats and command of the team. Another Super Bowl may not guarantee him a place in the hall, but it will certainly make it difficult for the selection committee to not consider him.

VegasGmen
01-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Eli wil be in the HOF regardless if he wins Sun or even another SB. His progression every year will put him into the league leaders for all time stats when his career ends in maybe another 7 years. Eli doesn't miss games ever so in another 7 years his numbers will be incredible.

VegasGmen
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
This is way too early to bring such an issue up, but it is easy to see a good argument would be made if he kept such numbers up for a few more years. Another championship would certainly help, but already having one along with great career stats and winning teams can only help his cause. Eli is certainly in a favorable situation here, considering his constantly improving stats and command of the team. Another Super Bowl may not guarantee him a place in the hall, but it will certainly make it difficult for the selection committee to not consider him.

Are you nuts!!! If Eli wins a 2nd SB he is an absolute lock probably 1st ballot.

Redzone42
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Only time will tell.. But with three back to back to back 4000 yard seasons.. A superbowl win against arguably the most dominant team in NFL history, and with a chance to go back to the big game? I would say yes.

Martyr
01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I think if he wins the super bowl this year he's a lock for the HoF.

giantsfan420
01-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I think if he wins the super bowl this year he's a lock for the HoF.

i think he'll be a lock even w/o another sb. but if he gets that second? 2 in 4 years? with being one of 5 players all time with 6 now 7 straight 3000+yard 20+td seasons...fuggetaboudit

if he can keep this level of play, which he's done since the 07 playoff run, for another 3 or 4 years and 2 sb? first ballot.

i still believe that with him at qb, this team could end up winning 4 or 5 when alls said and done.

eli=top 5 best big game qb of all time.

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:10 PM

it will help his case immensely, along with keeping these 4,000 yard seasons 20+ TD and mid teen int seasons.
Agreed. And another SB or 2 to tie or beat Brady would also help

miked1958
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Although he has a ways to go to get to Bradshaw, Montana and aikman

gfanblue
01-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Are you nuts!!! If Eli wins a 2nd SB he is an absolute lock probably 1st ballot.Man several guys at the qb position have 2sb wins and are not in the HOF

gfanblue
01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Super Bowl XI: Ken Stabler, Oakland Raiders
Super Bowl XV: Jim Plunkett, Oakland Raiders
Super Bowl XVII: Joe Theismann, Washington Redskins
Super Bowl XVIII: Jim Plunkett, Oakland Raiders
Super Bowl XX: Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears
Super Bowl XXI: Phil Simms, New York Giants
Super Bowl XXII: Doug Williams, Washington Redskins
Super Bowl XXV: Jeff Hostetler, New York Giants
Super Bowl XXVI: Mark Rypien, Washington Redskins
<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_Super_Bowl_winning_quarterbacks_are_not_in_th e_hall_of_fame#ixzz1k3VED63a
</div>

VegasGmen
01-20-2012, 10:42 PM

Are you nuts!!! If Eli wins a 2nd SB he is an absolute lock probably 1st ballot.Man several guys at the qb position have 2sb wins and are not in the HOF

There is only 1 QB that has 2 SB wins, not several, that is not in the HOF and that is Plunkett. Who else on your list will have more yards and TD's than Eli if projected over the next 4 years. I can see Eli playing for another 7 years easy and he will probably hold a bunch of NFL records by then.

jomo
01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.We are already talking, you are late to the dance.

chasjay
01-20-2012, 11:00 PM

Now is not the time for that conversation - not for me anyway. I honestly believe I an the biggest Eli fan on the board, but I am not the blindest. If Eli continues his current pace of stats for 7 or 8 years, and gets another SB ring or two, he is a shoo-in. But those things haven't happened yet.

There are at least two HOF QB's who owe their enshrinement totally to their SB success - and their SB success is tied to their teams' success. That would be Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman. If you took their SB credentials away from them, there is no way they would be in the Hall. Dan Marino is the other side of the spectrum - his regular season performance overrode hi SB failures.

I am much more interested in Sunday's game against the Niners than I am in Eli's HOF possibilities. I honestly feel that Eli feels the same.

Let's bring this back up in 4 or 5 years.

gfanblue
01-20-2012, 11:29 PM

There is only 1 QB that has 2 SB wins, not several, that is not in the HOF and that is Plunkett. Who else on your list will have more yards and TD's than Eli if projected over the next 4 years. I can see Eli playing for another 7 years easy and he will probably hold a bunch of NFL records by then.Just saying that while I agree someday he can make it to canton, there are guys who some considered great qb's who aren't in. When you look at how rule changes have made this a pass-happy league the last few years, most decent qb's are gonna have insane numbers.

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 11:34 PM
He will be there!!