PDA

View Full Version : who really thinks we,re making the playoffs??

shotcalla39
11-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I loved the gmen since I was a little .. I've been a member of this board since 2001.

We are averaging less than 100 yards rushing a game... We are ranked 28th rushing...

With an offensive line like that and with our schedule it will take an amazing effort and remarkable wins to make the playoffs.. I think we are good team but with this schedule and the history of this team I don't think we make the playoffs...prove me wrojng Giants and ill be happier than a pig in ****.

I think Coughlin is a great head coach bit he can't do it by himself.... Quinn the st coach shoulda been long gone by now... Coughlins loyalty with his assistants hurts him sometimes.. hopefully spags gets fired and comes back

bansaw
11-25-2011, 01:45 AM
*looks down all sad, backs out of thread, closes door

Antwuan
11-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Hopefully so

Firenugget
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
I try to be positive but to be brutally honest, it looks like certain parts of this team are beginning to self destruct. Oline for instance... But it's not new, it started last year in full force and moves should have been made and weren't. Which is ok, I see JR's logic but now we see what happens when you gamble.

I don't see it this year, I just don't. I think Dallas probably walks away with the Div **unless** we sweep them and win more than 2-3. As far as wildcard...too many teams winning games this year I think. Getting a wildcard is a bad numbers game this year I believe.

buddy33
11-25-2011, 07:40 AM
I hate to say no, but it's not looking good. The last 2 games really hurt them. I say that because I don't think they will win the their next 2 games which means heading into Dallas they will be in a 4 game losing streak and by them I expect the team to fall apart. Players will start complaining, calling others out, others with a hang nail will sit out as the season looks lost, and it could be very ugly.

Why think this way? Well, because they have made a habit if doing it. The comments after the last game where ridiculous. You just lost and are playing a divisional opponent who has owned you and humiliated you last season ending your post season hopes and you lack intensity and thy wanted it more? That says it all people. This team is lost.

bandwgn86
11-25-2011, 07:55 AM
I loved the gmen since I was a little .. I've been a member of this board since 2001.

We are averaging less than 100 yards rushing a game... We are ranked 28th rushing...

With an offensive line like that and with our schedule it will take an amazing effort and remarkable wins to make the playoffs.. I think we are good team but with this schedule and the history of this team I don't think we make the playoffs...prove me wrojng Giants and ill be happier than a pig in ****.

I think Coughlin is a great head coach bit he can't do it by himself.... Quinn the st coach shoulda been long gone by now... Coughlins loyalty with his assistants hurts him sometimes.. hopefully spags gets fired and comes backThey need to get healthy and fast..if not we'll miss the playoffs unfortunately..

GiantPride27
11-25-2011, 07:57 AM
it all comes down to the line manning up in my opinion. so many injurys there and no depth and just plain not very good. our defense is young and injured but they have played well and above expected all year and kept us in every game and have stepped up to allow us to come back wins all year. Eli obviously playing at a high level even without protection. imagine if he actually had ANYONE blocking in front of him so he could set and throw. now that would be an MVP season. Running game - snap - pump fake - draw tackle - loss of yards ---- snap - handoff - make guy miss - tackle - loss of yards - injury. OLine!

Giantsin04
11-25-2011, 08:57 AM
I think they will. I don't think Dallas is very good.

jakegibbs
11-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Until we see a drastic improvement in the O line & so 100 + yd rushing games here's a scoop for ya parterner... They ain't got a chance .

rebelfan1966
11-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I feel ashamed for saying this.... but if I am being totally honest.... I don't see us in the playoffs this year.

yoeddy
11-25-2011, 09:47 AM

I think Coughlin is a great head coach bit he can't do it by himself.... Quinn the st coach shoulda been long gone by now... Coughlins loyalty with his assistants hurts him sometimes.. hopefully spags gets fired and comes back

Even with the running-game deficiencies, I think we still have a decent shot to get there. It won't be easy, but after the Packers and Niners, it's not like there's a set of NFC teams with a clear-cut road to the playoffs. We own our own destiny against the Cowboys, who didn't look particularly impressive against the Dolphins yesterday. The Bears just lost Cutler for the season. Atlanta has flaws, as do the Saints. Detroit's remaining schedule isn't all that different from ours (they have Oakland and San Diego instead of Dallas twice, but otherwise the same).

The only thing that's got me on edge is our injury situation...it just seems to get worse every day. But beyond that, I think our team has as good a shot as any, and we are in control of our destiny (win and we're in...)

buddy33
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Honestly I think the game won't even be close this week. The offense can't score in the 1st half and the defense has been good the last few games I think their due for a let down.

Why would they all of a sudden play intense or want it more than the other team? This is the annual second half collapse and it's about to get real ugly with the next 2 games.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Mr Excitement
11-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Bad O line...no rushing attack...no pass protection...a non aggressive defense....I'm thinking not. But who knows...hopefully next year we have more confidence ...

NYG216
11-25-2011, 10:08 AM
I think the Giants can beat dallas twice, and the redskins... so yes.

Bigbluereckingcrew
11-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I not so sure about missing the playoffs, our defense is playing well even with the loss of key starters. Linebackers will get better and we have Eli. Our pass rush is Key, if we can get that fixed we can beat anybody, see 2007 SB for reference.

Osi is (I hate to say it) overrated, he plays great against good tackles but not so much against great tackles as illustrated last week. Tuck is to injured to play constantly and should probably be utilized as a as such. Kiwi needs to be back on the line of scrimmage and JPP is a beast.

You start Kiwi and JPP, focus on schooling the talented but raw LB'ser and our secondary continues to hold up, I feel bad for Brees, Rogers or anyones else for that matter.

So yes, I think we can make the Playoffs with some adjustments, a concept Killdrive needs to learn.

GameTime
11-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Can they...yes</P>

Will they.....I dont think so. </P>

I will be rooting till my lungs bleed but from what they have been showing they would need a huge contributions from rookies and overall a huge turnaround in defense. They ****ed them selves when they blew it vs the Hawks, Skins, and lowly Philthy....</P>

</P>

Dirt66
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Love the Giants but realistically I'm not seing it. This team needs a whole new staff and JR has done a VERY POOR job constructing this team over the last couple of seasons. We can't keep living off of a championship from 4 years ago. Just look at our playoff record since.......

plc
11-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Every thing is riding on this game Monday in NO's.Win it and we are in this thing, lose it and it is wait till next year when everything will change and maybe not for the good.After watching the eagles game I realized this team had no fight in them.They beat us up on the lines and just took us.It still turned out to be a close game but if this team does not show some real intensity we all know what the results will be.I for one am going to watch this game Monday and see if they can match what dallas did yesterday.By that I mean even though they were not the better team they found a way to win.I expect every member of this team to step now injured or not to find some way to help each other out.And that includes Boley and others to just keep your mouths shut and just play or at very least support your team and its coaches.

GameTime
11-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Love the Giants but realistically I'm not seing it. This team needs a whole new staff and JR has done a VERY POOR job constructing this team over the last couple of seasons. We can't keep living off of a championship from 4 years ago. Just look at our playoff record since.......</P>

unfortunately a whole new staff doesnt gaurantee anything.....but I hear you.....</P>

galaxy10
11-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't see the Giants making the playoffs. The injuries are simply too much to overcome. I know the mantra about next man up, But it is getting to be ridiculous. I think that it is time for a change. If they don't make the playoffs, I think the whole coaching staff is gone. I would rather take a chance on some new blood. I am tired of seeing the same old story. However, I will always root for the G-Men no matter what, but I am also a realist. I am just praying Eli does not get hurt this season with our terrible O-Line. It is really a credit to him that he is having one of his best years, Can you imagine where we would be with a little help for him.

JMFP2
11-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I highly doubt it.</P>

Sad fact is, this was a team that missed the playoffs the last 2 years, and yet, our front office felt they had the right horses to run the race. The only major addition to the team has been a bust at center.</P>

So no. I see history repeating itself.</P>

BlueBlitzer
11-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I can see it. The cowboys got blown out by the Patriots and had to win by the skin of their teeth. The division is ours for the taking. However once in, playing teams like the 49ers, Saints, and Packers would be a harder climb than 07.

JMFP2
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
After watching the eagles game I realized this team had no fight in them.They beat us up on the lines and just took us.</P>

You nailed it right there. No fight = no playoffs.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
11-25-2011, 12:00 PM
At the start of the season i thought we would be 10-6 team

now i think we will be an 8-8 team

( i hope im wrong )

i am pretty sure we will lose our next 2 games

so unless we win our last 4 ........no we will not make the playoffs

BParcells777
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I think we beat both the Saints and Green Bay....split with the Cowboys, beat the Jets, beat the Skins

11-5

egyptian420
11-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Honestly I think the game won't even be close this week. The offense can't score in the 1st half and the defense has been good the last few games I think their due for a let down.

Why would they all of a sudden play intense or want it more than the other team? This is the annual second half collapse and it's about to get real ugly with the next 2 games.

Hope they prove me wrong.
Bro...I totally respect your opinion, but I honestly don't think I have EVER heard you make a single positive statement about the gmen.....it's Always something negative....lighten up bro, I'd hate to see what you say if you were a Browns or Vikings fan

eli=mvp
11-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I Do i think we split these next two.. beat washington and the cowboys spllt and beat the jest 10-6 and we win the division.. The cowboys will lose a game there suppose to win..I.E the cardinals. bucs and philly might be favored.. that wlll be 9-7~!!! I believe we will right the ship!!

BParcells777
11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
who do we beat out of the next two.......how about we lose the next two and beat the scrapping by Cowboys twice.....beat all the others- 10-6

Cowboys go 10-6 too but we get the tie breaker

bandwgn86
11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Honestly I think the game won't even be close this week. The offense can't score in the 1st half and the defense has been good the last few games I think their due for a let down. Why would they all of a sudden play intense or want it more than the other team? This is the annual second half collapse and it's about to get real ugly with the next 2 games. Hope they prove me wrong.
Bro...I totally respect your opinion, but I honestly don't think I have EVER heard you make a single positive statement about the gmen.....it's Always something negative....lighten up bro, I'd hate to see what you say if you were a Browns or Vikings fan
lol.. he is fairly negative.. i wonder if he follows any teams in the Toronto area, that sure would explain why the negativity

Brandon jacobs
11-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Being realistic as possible, We aren't going to the playoffs. If we do by that far chance, we will be one and done!

Osi has no heart. I don't think Tuck cares since he's so close to the end that, he's just trying to protect his money.

naw, I think we're in that phase of change, to mean some coaches and players won't be here next season. Our OC needs to go. He's used up and has nothing to contribute anymore. Maybe a better DC? an aggressive "go getter" blitz attitude ala' spags.

bah.. I don't know. My heart says something needs to change starting next season

BParcells777
11-25-2011, 01:20 PM
there is still time to fix this.........you do not have to throw in the towel quite yet

Gmenfan87
11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Bottom line. We can beat Dallas. Twice even.
Will we? I don't know, but I know we have a chance.

JMFP2
11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I need to keep reminding myself this is the same team that went up to Foxboro and shocked the Patriots.

The question is whether Fewell or Killdrive can rediscover the same gutsy gameplanes.

Brees, Rodgers, and even Romo....pick your poison, but if you give any of these guys time, they'll all kill you.

The blitz brings it's own issues, but you've got to get these guys at least guessing and moving around a bit, because they are going to get the yards either way.

scf424
11-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Ask me after the first Dallas game.

fourth&forever
11-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I need to keep reminding myself this is the same team that went up to Foxboro and shocked the Patriots.

The question is whether Fewell or Killdrive can rediscover the same gutsy gameplanes.

Brees, Rodgers, and even Romo....pick your poison, but if you give any of these guys time, they'll all kill you.

The blitz brings it's own issues, but you've got to get these guys at least guessing and moving around a bit, because they are going to get the yards either way.
Yes, we need to get our attack back on defense. The DLine is our heart & soul. If we blitz more and keep them involved, we can be right back in business.

JMFP2
11-25-2011, 04:39 PM

Yes, we need to get our attack back on defense. The DLine is our heart & soul. If we blitz more and keep them involved, we can be right back in business.

These guys simply play better when they are instinctive.

I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as they give it their best shot. But with Gilbride and Fewell it's like they left their balls with their wives in the 1st half.

fourth&forever
11-25-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as they give it their best shot. But with Gilbride and Fewell it's like they left their balls with their wives in the 1st half.
I agree. The defensive playcalling is holding our guys back.

JMFP2
11-25-2011, 05:10 PM

I agree. The defensive playcalling is holding our guys back.

Guys like Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Tolefson, and Canty.....these guys are veterans....no reason why Fewell can't mix up some fronts.

I remember, I think it was last season, when the defenders would stand in a loose circle prior to the snap.....offenses couldn't designate their blocks until the last few seconds......

With Spags, he would fake all out blitz and then drop out.

....it's creativity like that which I would like to see again.

egyptian420
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Honestly I think the game won't even be close this week. The offense can't score in the 1st half and the defense has been good the last few games I think their due for a let down. Why would they all of a sudden play intense or want it more than the other team? This is the annual second half collapse and it's about to get real ugly with the next 2 games. Hope they prove me wrong.
lol.. he is fairly negative.. i wonder if he follows any teams in the Toronto area, that sure would explain why the negativity
lol I know right? It's not even so much that I disagree with buddy on every topic, he's just become so predictable. As soon as I see a post by him right away I know what I'm expecting and I've Never been wrong.

miked1958
11-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I want to proved wrong and be made to eat crow. So i will say we miss playoffs not because Dallas is better then us. In fact I think we beat them twice, and beat Washington but still come in 2nd behind Dallas. How you ask? Well I feel Dallas has it by default and the easier schedule. We win the three I mentioned above but lose to NO, GB and the loss to the jets will eliminate us from playoffs making game vs Dallas meaningless. We will have only 8 wins after beating Dallas and skins but losing to NO and GB. The cowboys will get their 10th win that week we play jets. They already have 7 by beating dolphins. They will beat AZ, TB and
Philly and have their lone loss from our first meeting. That senario would have them doing what we could not (beating eagles) on same day jets beat us to leave us out of playoffs and playing backups the last game of year cause it won't mean a thing. Feel free to bring this thread back up after we beat the saints so I can eat my crow.

miked1958
11-25-2011, 07:42 PM
That senario right there proves we can win 3of4 of our division games we had left and still miss playoffs. Most on here said if we swept all our div games or at least swept Dallas we would be assured of making playoffs and win the East. We could beat Dallas in week 17 and have it mean absolutely nothing. Why? Because we lost games we should not have. Seattle, SF, Philly. All coming back to bite us coupled with the easy second half Dallas schedule

miked1958
11-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow. Been waiting to get hammered for those posts, but no takers yet

shotcalla39
11-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Wow. Been waiting to get hammered for those posts, but no takers yet

Seems like most agree with us.. Dallas is good and they are division games so I think we split with them. Remember they kicked our butts last year with Kitna.. The Washington and Seattle losses are gonna bite us in the end... It seems like other teams get up and play on another level when they play ny because of our reputation .. Saints will lose to a team like Tampa and get pumped and spank us

Wes
11-26-2011, 01:37 AM
it is possible they make the playoffs still. do i care? not really. whomever wins the nfce isnt going anywhere....they are all bad. but we may still make it.</P>

</P>

it is possible for us to beat the redskins, jets and cowboys at least once, and it is possible that the cowboys, who like us are scraping by when they do win, drop a few like to ariz or tb...it is very possible that the cowboys and giants may be playing in week 17 to win the div</P>

</P>

we can still make the playoffs thats not all that unrealistic because the rest of the nfce is just as inconsistent as us.</P>

</P>

edit: heck at this point the eagles could win out and maybe win the nfce lol</P>

Firenugget
11-26-2011, 05:09 AM
<u>I need to keep reminding myself this is the same team that went up to Foxboro and shocked the Patriots.
</u>

Good point. But you should also be aware that Dallas gave us a pretty good blueprint for that game. I wouldn't call the gameplan "gutsy", I'd call it borrowed.

yoeddy
11-26-2011, 07:09 AM
<u>I need to keep reminding myself this is the same team that went up to Foxboro and shocked the Patriots.
</u>

Good point. But you should also be aware that Dallas gave us a pretty good blueprint for that game. I wouldn't call the gameplan "gutsy", I'd call it borrowed.

What was the game plan?

shocknaweny
11-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I hate to say it but they're done....fire Coughlin and re-build !!

BParcells777
11-26-2011, 10:49 AM
We might......its 50/50

If we don't go in with momentum though and go deep
I'd rather sit them out and get rid of this coaching staff

FlyingTruck
11-26-2011, 01:43 PM
It sucks that we have the talent but don't seem to be getting it done.
I really hope we make the playoffs..but I'm not so sure we will.

miked1958
11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Bump. I think my prediction i made in this thread earlier will come true. I know there is a thread made recently that we could be eliminated if Dallas beats AZ and we lose to GB and Dallas. </P>

I predicted that would all happen but we would beat dallas and skins to get our 8th win. Dallas will beat AZ, Lose to us, beat TB and Philly. On the day Dallas beats philly we will lose to the Jets. That will eliminate us as we will have an 8-7 record and dallas will record their 10th win rendering the last game of the year against them meaningless. So that is the senario where we could sweep dallas, and beat skins winning 3/4 div games we all talked about and still miss playoffs. So the Philly game was alot more important then we thought. </P>

I hate it that Rex will be the coach to send us offically packing in our own Stadium but thats the way it could go down. I hope i am wrong and made to eat crow. but that is the Giants. They will beat the Cowboys and Skins in the div games to stay alive and then come out flat and falter knowing they have to win that game to get to a winner take all game with Dallas, and as usual will LAY an EGG. Meanwhile Dallas will take care of business in its game with Philly to set up the winner take all game vs us, but will get to celebrate the Div Title in their Locker room when they find out that we stunk it up and handed them the Division. </P>

shotcalla39
11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Bump. I think my prediction i made in this thread earlier will come true. I know there is a thread made recently that we could be eliminated if Dallas beats AZ and we lose to GB and Dallas. </P>

I predicted that would all happen but we would beat dallas and skins to get our 8th win. Dallas will beat AZ, Lose to us, beat TB and Philly. On the day Dallas beats philly we will lose to the Jets. That will eliminate us as we will have an 8-7 record and dallas will record their 10th win rendering the last game of the year against them meaningless. So that is the senario where we could sweep dallas, and beat skins winning 3/4 div games we all talked about and still miss playoffs. So the Philly game was alot more important then we thought. </P>

I hate it that Rex will be the coach to send us offically packing in our own Stadium but thats the way it could go down. I hope i am wrong and made to eat crow. but that is the Giants. They will beat the Cowboys and Skins in the div games to stay alive and then come out flat and falter knowing they have to win that game to get to a winner take all game with Dallas, and as usual will LAY an EGG. Meanwhile Dallas will take care of business in its game with Philly to set up the winner take all game vs us, but will get to celebrate the Div Title in their Locker room when they find out that we stunk it up and handed them the Division. </P>

Honestly the game I want the most is the green bay game and the jets game... If we can manage a spilt with Dallas ill be happy with that

miked1958
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Also alot of people think if we lose the Division to Dallas we can still pick up a WC spot seeing the bears have lost their QB and Lions have lost best D Player for 2games. However We would have to beat both of those teams outright with a better Record. (lets assume that the Falcons take 1 Spot) The reason being is how bad our Conference Record is. We currently sit at 3-5 in the NFC. Most likely will we will be 3-6 after the GB Game. </P>

So, It is highly unlikely we are going to beat anyone out in a tiebreaker with our Conference Record. If Dallas beats us we are 3-7 In the Conf. w/ a 6-7 overal record. We would be eliminated as has already been mentioned from the Div chase and would have to win out to get to 9-7 and hope 2 of those other 3 teams fall apart to the point where they both finish 8-8. That is the only way we get in as a WC as we wont have head to head because we didnt play Atlanta, Lions or Chicago. As of right now all 3 of them have a 1game lead on us at 7-4. So at least 2 of them would have to go 1-4 the rest of the way for us to make it. Otherwise we would have to beat GB or Dallas in next 2 wks to make our path slightly easier. </P>

BParcells777
11-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Its possible, but It give it one chance in 10 now

The Eagles have a better shot at this point

RoanokeFan
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
If I take the Packers game out of the equation, yes. We can win the four remaining games which give us the Division I think.

BParcells777
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
there is just as good a chance we lose all 5 games in an row

This reminds me of Fassels last contract year.....the Giants lay down like dogs, and only Jesse Palmer kept playing hard.....no one told Jesse he was supposed to lose so we could trade up for Eli.

RoanokeFan
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM

This reminds me of Fassels last contract year.....the Giants lay down like dogs, and only Jesse Palmer kept playing hard.....no one told Jesse he was supposed to lose so we could trade up for Eli.

There is always that possibility, but why hope for that result? I'm not suggesting you are, but there are some who would like nothing better.

BParcells777
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM

There is always that possibility, but why hope for that result?* I'm not suggesting you are, but there are some who would like nothing better.

If we dont win the SB..... I do not want to see Tom as the face of the franchise any longer.....all the red faced arm flapping finally pushed me over the edge, enough is enough.......lose 5 and Tom's bags are packed

shotcalla39
01-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Looks like we got that amazing effort and some remarkable wins... Crow is great

rebelfan1966
01-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I feel ashamed for saying this.... but if I am being totally honest.... I don't see us in the playoffs this year.

Man.... I was way wrong with that assessment. I am so glad...... where is my crow?

shotcalla39
01-24-2012, 11:01 PM

Honestly the game I want the most is the green bay game and the jets game... If we can manage a spilt with Dallas ill be happy with that

And I got my wish.. we whooped the jets and beat packers in playoffs!

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:05 PM
I thought we had a chance to make it after most of the injuries occurred. Wish I saved the thread. Gonna see if it is still available in the search.

FishinTheSalt
01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Shouldn't have to really eat crow for this. It was somewhat of a long shot back then, UPS and downs.

No one could have seen this turn around.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I know that I felt up and down about this season, but once we were still in it after the 4 game losing streak, I thought that we could do some damage if we just made the playoffs. I always feel that a tough schedule is good for the team to provide sort of a pre-post season barometer of the talent and produce some physical and mental toughness. The only team that blew our doors off was NO (what a surprise). If we could just get some guys back healthier, that we could actually do something.

I've felt for the past few years that we had the TALENT to be an elite team, but something was always missing. Glad to see that we found "IT" just in time.

LETITRIDE
01-24-2012, 11:43 PM

You were right, their is not a chance in hell this team will make the playoffs. If anyone says they can and then you write they will go to the Superbowl you are on some serious drugs. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN PEOPLE. They stink. Manning is over rated and Victior Cruz is a bum!!!