PDA

View Full Version : Spags to the Saints

RobCarpenter
01-20-2012, 10:27 PM
The Saints are set hire ex-Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator.</P>

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/226711/spagnuolo-will-take-over-as-new-orleans-dc</P>

</P>

pezman1963
01-20-2012, 10:49 PM
that going a unstopable team in next year or 2

GameTime
01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
</P>

Maybe wait to see what he does first. Spagnulo had two good years coaching in a major role so far.....thats it.</P>

</P>

NYfanatic
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Thank god he went to them instead of the Iggles.

BeatYale
01-20-2012, 11:23 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Spags, without Jerry Reese's toys, hasn't found success on defense. Nobody was afraid of the Rams defense. He wasn't the DC, but it was his philosophy/scheme - hence why he wanted James Butler on the roster. Butler was a guy who had a strong grasp of the defense Spags ran here. He was good at getting the secondary aligned.

Connor
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM

Maybe, maybe not. Spags, without Jerry Reese's toys, hasn't found success on defense. Nobody was afraid of the Rams defense. He wasn't the DC, but it was his philosophy/scheme - hence why he wanted James Butler on the roster. Butler was a guy who had a strong grasp of the defense Spags ran here. He was good at getting the secondary aligned.

Aside from Lauranitis and long what talent did spags ever have to work with?!? The gm should have been fired, not spags. The orginzation brought in 0 talent. Seriously if you look at that D it is made up of like 20 giants cast offs. Butler, Robbins, dockers, Dahl all had starting roles.

Connor
01-21-2012, 02:07 AM
And also I believe he took that d and had them top 15 twice

hungrrrry
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't mind spags going to the saints as much as I would have is he went to the eagles...he replaced a very good greg williams at DC there which doesn't make the saints a shoe-in for the super bowl if spags doesn't get the proper talent around him.

I am glad that race is over and we can focus on other things like signing Terrel Thomas and other pending FAs