PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think the players know or care about the history?

ebick
01-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Like 2002 for example......if we went up big, do you think these Giants players would remember what happened and keep the intensity up? I know we fans do but.......There's no one on either side who was in that game right?</P>

All I know is I better not see any Giants players pointin' at the scoreboard!</P>

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 10:56 PM
The past is the fuc*** past Giants win big on to the Superbowl

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 05:06 AM
The players won't be thinking of SF 2002 at all during the game.

Luckily, these guys do have Eagles 2010 to fall back on. They will finish.

brad
01-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Heard an interview with Coughlin on SIRI radio, and oddly enough this same question came up. According to Coughlin, they discuss various historical facts about certain games every week during meetings and in particular the SF game for those who are NFL history buffs, and there are a few on this team. That isn't an exact quote, but is pretty close.

I think there are some on this team that are well aware of Giants history... more importantly, the coaches are well aware of it. In a game like this you don't have to worry about the players letting up. You have to worry about coaches letting up, getting too conservative with the offense and playing "prevent defense".