PDA

View Full Version : game day superstitions?

lnp12
01-21-2012, 01:19 AM
My mom and I were invited to a party to watch the game this Sunday, and I immediately told her "No way!" She seemed very confused, as we have a very small TV and the party has a huge flat screen TV so she thought I'd be ecstatic. I then explained to her that since the first Cowboys game, with the exception of the Redskins (where they lost...coincidence? I think not) and the season finale (when I actually went to the game) I have watched all the games at home, in the same outfit, and we've won every game since. Clearly it's been good luck so I wasn't messing with it! We finally compromised that I'll go to the party (I'm 17 so I can't really protest too much) but if they're losing at halftime we are coming STRAIGHT home.

This whole ordeal got me thinking, what are some of your guys' game day superstitions? What do you guys do to encourage a Giant W? And whatever it is, keep it up; it's obviously working!

GO BIG BLUE!

NYGFaninILL
01-21-2012, 01:26 AM
My mom and I were invited to a party to watch the game this Sunday, and I immediately told her "No way!" She seemed very confused, as we have a very small TV and the party has a huge flat screen TV so she thought I'd be ecstatic. I then explained to her that since the first Cowboys game, with the exception of the Redskins (where they lost...coincidence? I think not) and the season finale (when I actually went to the game) I have watched all the games at home, in the same outfit, and we've won every game since. Clearly it's been good luck so I wasn't messing with it! We finally compromised that I'll go to the party (I'm 17 so I can't really protest too much) but if they're losing at halftime we are coming STRAIGHT home.

This whole ordeal got me thinking, what are some of your guys' game day superstitions? What do you guys do to encourage a Giant W? And whatever it is, keep it up; it's obviously working!

GO BIG BLUE!

Same here, I'm trying not to do anything different than the past couple weeks,lol

ghwriter1976
01-21-2012, 01:32 AM
In '07, I went to my Dad's the weekend of the Buffalo game and I forgot my Eli jersey. So we went to Kohl's and I got a long-sleeve sweatshirt with the big NY logo in the middle. I wore it for that game, for the Patriots game (if they got blown out, I might have switched back to the Eli jersey) and for all four post-season wins.

This season, I wore either my Eli jersey or my NY sweatshirt. But starting with the Jets game, I switched to my Eli jersey with my white mock turtleneck underneath with the old Giants logo on the neck. I've worn it every week since.

But the main goal for Sunday is to be out of the house. All four NFC title games, I've been watching the game from someone else's house, and all four times they won. The tradition must be upheld!

lavar2
01-21-2012, 02:11 AM
Since the jets game I have worn my white "retro" Eli Manning jersey (the old white unis from his rookie year) and every game since then they won. Thought it was maybe good luck so tried it vs Dallas and it worked then when I went to the falcons game, I wanted to wear my awesome authentic throwback LT jersey but we were on such a role with that Eli jersey and thus far it has continued. Will wear it again Sunday. Go Gmen.

NYgiants141
01-21-2012, 02:45 AM

GO BIG BLUE!

Wow that's cool, I'm 17 too and i am exactly like you.

Ever since i was little, my father was extremely superstitious. If we had a box of chocolate on the couch during a win for whatever team he happened to be rooting for, that same box had to be in the same spot for the next game. So he got me used to the whole superstition thing.

I HAVE to sit in the same exact spot for every single game and i cant watch it anywhere except my living room. (except for the falcons game because i was at the stadium)

I used to keep my ipod in my lap so i can check what everyone is saying during timeouts. Got into this habit right before the losing stretch of however many, and stopped it immediately. We've won ever since. So now it has to be just me and the tv.

Last week, we were up by a ton so i thought the game was over. turn on my laptop for a second, GB scores a touchdown...

I also have to put up the previous weeks' front cover on my wall. My wall is covered with paper and i have to get the one from the week before onto my wall (preferably on Friday). Collected these papers and only started to put them up right before the Jets game. We won that game so i kept that habit.

giantsfan420
01-21-2012, 03:04 AM

GO BIG BLUE!

offset the possible loss of the luck by leaving the exact game day apparel u've been wearing during this streak in the exact same spot u watch the game at in ur home.

like lay out the clothes as if u were in them in the spot u watched the games.

lol crazy but hey, whatever we got to do to win this

lnp12
01-21-2012, 04:22 AM

GO BIG BLUE!

offset the possible loss of the luck by leaving the exact game day apparel u've been wearing during this streak in the exact same spot u watch the game at in ur home.

like lay out the clothes as if u were in them in the spot u watched the games.

lol crazy but hey, whatever we got to do to win this

haha I actually like that idea..I was thinking of wearing the same thing to the party but that might work even better.

Either way I will back in my lucky spot before the 3rd quarter shall anything go awry lol.

lnp12
01-21-2012, 02:51 PM

GO BIG BLUE!

Wow that's cool, I'm 17 too and i am exactly like you.

Ever since i was little, my father was extremely superstitious. If we had a box of chocolate on the couch during a win for whatever team he happened to be rooting for, that same box had to be in the same spot for the next game. So he got me used to the whole superstition thing.

I HAVE to sit in the same exact spot for every single game and i cant watch it anywhere except my living room. (except for the falcons game because i was at the stadium)

I used to keep my ipod in my lap so i can check what everyone is saying during timeouts. Got into this habit right before the losing stretch of however many, and stopped it immediately. We've won ever since. So now it has to be just me and the tv.

Last week, we were up by a ton so i thought the game was over. turn on my laptop for a second, GB scores a touchdown...

I also have to put up the previous weeks' front cover on my wall. My wall is covered with paper and i have to get the one from the week before onto my wall (preferably on Friday). Collected these papers and only started to put them up right before the Jets game. We won that game so i kept that habit.

Haha I had a similar experience with the laptop...last game I was wearing my Superbowl 42 hat but it was really itchy for some reason so I kept taking it off. Every time I took it off, we had a scoring drive and every time I put it back on, GB scored. Needless to say I put the hat far, far away.

I even got so bad to the point where I had to go to the bathroom right before we made the score 13-10, but I decide to wait until halftime. Then when Eli threw the hail mary, I was convinced it was good luck and refused to go to the bathroom unless GB scored. Football makes me crazy lol

MikeIsaGiant
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I've been wearing nothing besides my jersey to my friends house ;)

Just playing... I have worn my JPP jersey without cleaning it since the Jets game

Dirt66
01-21-2012, 06:47 PM
On game day I have been wearing the same sneakers,shorts,hat, and shirt I had on during the Jets game....yes they have been washed! <FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT>