PDA

View Full Version : The "New York Football Giants" Is The Name Of The Team!!!!

ikebibby91
01-21-2012, 03:11 AM
You should know this people! Now go forth and correct your friends and foes alike.

FlyingTruck
01-21-2012, 03:14 AM
No one says that on a regular basis though.

Spizi
01-21-2012, 03:14 AM
i hate when people say the New York football jets. That is not their name!!

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
You should know this people! Now go forth and correct your friends and foes alike.

we all know this

we sure arent the baseball Giants

what in the world is your point?

Zaggs
01-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Except for Chris Berman

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Except for Chris Berman

and Mike Francesa

and myself of course

NYGFaninILL
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I maybe wrong, but I believe you're mistaken.

"The New York Football Giants, Inc." is the name of the organization itself.

"The New York Giants" is the name of the team we all root for.

krygny
01-21-2012, 12:25 PM

we all know this

Oldsters still like to say this from when there were two New York Giants teams. I think it was actually the "official" name of the Giants back then, but I don't know. I'm not that old.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 12:34 PM

we all know this

Oldsters still like to say this from when there were two New York Giants teams. I think it was actually the "official" name of the Giants back then, but I don't know. I'm not that old.

still is the official name my friend

krygny
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM

we all know this

still is the official name my friend
Good, because I prefer it and use it regularly.

87Spider91
01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I would have to argue this. It should be "The New York Football Giants". The "The" is very important.

giantman8493
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
are you suggesting that we only say all those words.

blueomaha
01-21-2012, 07:33 PM

we all know this

i maybe wrong but new york did have a baseball team named the Giants that moved to SF... that's how the football Giants where defined...how ironic is that??....

NYtoSanDiego
01-21-2012, 07:34 PM

It's called the New York Football Giants because there was a baseball team that played in manhattan called the New York Giants who moved to san fran. sports reporters in september and october would differentiate them by adding "football" or "baseball" in between.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 07:38 PM

It's called the New York Football Giants because there was a baseball team that played in manhattan called the New York Giants who moved to san fran. sports reporters in september and october would differentiate them by adding "football" or "baseball" in between.

that is also the organizations legal corporate name