PDA

View Full Version : Not even worried, Honestly!!!

harrycarson
01-21-2012, 03:25 AM
I just do not see the niners being able to beat the GMEN. This is a huge game, do you not think the Gmen will bring it? Why are the niners even favored? Why would anyone with sense pick the niners in this game. You really think Alex Smith will put together another game like that against a real pass rush? CMON!!!! Gentlemen, the better team will win as all championship games. The Giants are clearly much better at this point in the season. I will pace during the game as I always do but deep down no matter what game plan the Niners bring to the park Sunday, the Giants are going to end up on top. Way to many playmakers on both sides of the ball. I really think they are going to blitz the heck out of us and early that may cause some disruptions with the crowd noise but as Eli and co. always do, they will figure out a way to put up points, no way around it. On the other hand no way the niners put up points with the exception of Akers against the Gmen D at this point in the season. NOT EVEN NERVOUS AT ALL!!!!

ikebibby91
01-21-2012, 03:28 AM
I just do not see the niners being able to beat the GMEN. This is a huge game, do you not think the Gmen will bring it? Why are the niners even favored? Why would anyone with sense pick the niners in this game. You really think Alex Smith will put together another game like that against a real pass rush? CMON!!!! Gentlemen, the better team will win as all championship games. The Giants are clearly much better at this point in the season. I will pace during the game as I always do but deep down no matter what game plan the Niners bring to the park Sunday, the Giants are going to end up on top. Way to many playmakers on both sides of the ball. I really think they are going to blitz the heck out of us and early that may cause some disruptions with the crowd noise but as Eli and co. always do, they will figure out a way to put up points, no way around it. On the other hand no way the niners put up points with the exception of Akers against the Gmen D at this point in the season. NOT EVEN NERVOUS AT ALL!!!!

15 Giants are there from the 2007 team. That will be a major factor since they will add perspective and calm for the rest of the team.

Eli to Burress
01-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I think the reason to be nervous is because this was a typical Giants season. They have stretches of looking like one of the elite teams and stretches where you think they need to blow this team up and start from scratch. When this teams is playing it's "A" game they can beat anyone, infact they're the best team left in these playoffs. With that said, would anyone be shocked if the Giants got destroyed on Sunday? Probably, but deep down we all know the potential for the Giants to come out and look awful is there.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 07:42 AM

If you can't see the niners beating the giants then just close your eyes and think back to week ten...are you there? Good. See, that wasn't so hard now was it?
Its funny because you guys sound exactly like the saints fans before last Saturday. In fact, you sound just like you did before we beat you in week ten. Of this season. A mere 2 months ago. How can you already have forgotten that? Weird.
Should be a hell of a game, but i gotta say, giants fans are delusional if they think they are going to walk into our house and 'blow us out' or 'stomp us' or 'win an easy one against an overrated team'. If you manage to win the game good on you, but the giants will be well aware they played a football game against one hell of a team. When we beat you i am sure our players will feel the same.
And by the way, you don't sound nervous...at all. Not one bit. ;)

bigbluegmenfan
01-21-2012, 08:02 AM

If you can't see the niners beating the giants then just close your eyes and think back to week ten...are you there? Good. See, that wasn't so hard now was it?
Its funny because you guys sound exactly like the saints fans before last Saturday. In fact, you sound just like you did before we beat you in week ten. Of this season. A mere 2 months ago. How can you already have forgotten that? Weird.
Should be a hell of a game, but i gotta say, giants fans are delusional if they think they are going to walk into our house and 'blow us out' or 'stomp us' or 'win an easy one against an overrated team'. If you manage to win the game good on you, but the giants will be well aware they played a football game against one hell of a team. When we beat you i am sure our players will feel the same.

Our confidence comes from the fact we have steamed rolled over our two opponents into the CG game.

AND, even though it was two months ago, we played the game in SF right down to the wire without our best RB, our defensive QB (Boley) was out a half, and Tuck was a shell of what he is today, All that combined with us losing the turnover battle that day and we still had a chance to tie the game. In contrast, SF was plus 4 in turnovers and still needed a last second miracle to win.

Should be a good game..but we are confident. Just as Id imagine your confident as well.

njsean
01-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Bro, I say this with zero intentional smugness or condescension. This isn't me smack talking or trying to belittle your team. I'm just going to be honest.

But I have zero concern about this weekend. I don't know about you, but closing my eyes and picturing week 10 only gives me more confidence.

Any fan of any team that almost lost after getting 5 turnovers shouldn't be questioning another fan base's confidence level.

bandwgn86
01-21-2012, 08:34 AM
I just do not see the niners being able to beat the GMEN. This is a huge game, do you not think the Gmen will bring it? Why are the niners even favored? Why would anyone with sense pick the niners in this game. You really think Alex Smith will put together another game like that against a real pass rush? CMON!!!! Gentlemen, the better team will win as all championship games. The Giants are clearly much better at this point in the season. I will pace during the game as I always do but deep down no matter what game plan the Niners bring to the park Sunday, the Giants are going to end up on top. Way to many playmakers on both sides of the ball. I really think they are going to blitz the heck out of us and early that may cause some disruptions with the crowd noise but as Eli and co. always do, they will figure out a way to put up points, no way around it. On the other hand no way the niners put up points with the exception of Akers against the Gmen D at this point in the season. NOT EVEN NERVOUS AT ALL!!!!I think the spread is 2.5. if this was played anywhere but their place the Giants would be favoured..

I must admit I'm pretty worried though

GMENAGAIN
01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I think the reason to be nervous is because this was a typical Giants season. They have stretches of looking like one of the elite teams and stretches where you think they need to blow this team up and start from scratch. When this teams is playing it's "A" game they can beat anyone, infact they're the best team left in these playoffs. With that said, would anyone be shocked if the Giants got destroyed on Sunday? Probably, but deep down we all know the potential for the Giants to come out and look awful is there.</P>

Excellent post. You captured the exact reason why I am worried about this game, and why I will be worried about the SB even if we win this game.</P>

dan1552
01-21-2012, 08:47 AM

Our confidence comes from the fact we have steamed rolled over our two opponents into the CG game.

AND, even though it was two months ago, we played the game in SF right down to the wire without our best RB, our defensive QB (Boley) was out a half, and Tuck was a shell of what he is today, All that combined with us losing the turnover battle that day and we still had a chance to tie the game. In contrast, SF was plus 4 in turnovers and still needed a last second miracle to win.

Should be a good game..but we are confident. Just as Id imagine your confident as well.

you might have to talk slow and simplify it. You are talking to a 9rs fan. The guy probably has a montana fathead on his wall. Jerry Rice and Montana are gone bozo

ajd121
01-21-2012, 08:51 AM

As long as Hakeem Nicks doesn't shoot himself in the leg tonight, I think we are good.

swimeasy
01-21-2012, 09:01 AM
I think the reason to be nervous is because this was a typical Giants season. They have stretches of looking like one of the elite teams and stretches where you think they need to blow this team up and start from scratch. When this teams is playing it's "A" game they can beat anyone, infact they're the best team left in these playoffs. With that said, would anyone be shocked if the Giants got destroyed on Sunday? Probably, but deep down we all know the potential for the Giants to come out and look awful is there.</p>

Excellent post. You captured the exact reason why I am worried about this game, and why I will be worried about the SB even if we win this game.</p>

Ditto. And the reason I will have my usual intravenous maalox on standby.

dan1552
01-21-2012, 09:09 AM
I think the reason to be nervous is because this was a typical Giants season. They have stretches of looking like one of the elite teams and stretches where you think they need to blow this team up and start from scratch. When this teams is playing it's "A" game they can beat anyone, infact they're the best team left in these playoffs. With that said, would anyone be shocked if the Giants got destroyed on Sunday? Probably, but deep down we all know the potential for the Giants to come out and look awful is there.</p>

Excellent post. You captured the exact reason why I am worried about this game, and why I will be worried about the SB even if we win this game.</p>

Destroyed,. YES. You guys are like chicken little around here. if any type of loss occurs it will be a close game due to injury, not planning, preparation, or coachiing.
The NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS have already been there and dun that.

GMENAGAIN
01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I think the reason to be nervous is because this was a typical Giants season. They have stretches of looking like one of the elite teams and stretches where you think they need to blow this team up and start from scratch. When this teams is playing it's "A" game they can beat anyone, infact they're the best team left in these playoffs. With that said, would anyone be shocked if the Giants got destroyed on Sunday? Probably, but deep down we all know the potential for the Giants to come out and look awful is there.</P>

Excellent post. You captured the exact reason why I am worried about this game, and why I will be worried about the SB even if we win this game.</P>

Destroyed,. YES. You guys are like chicken little around here. if any type of loss occurs it will be a close game due to injury, not planning, preparation, or coachiing.
</P>

[:^)]</P>

dan1552
01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
We are only going to score 17 points huh,,,
Ill assume you have come to that conclusion by one of two reasons,
Your lack of confidence in the most improved Team in Football
or,, your CRYSTAL BALL.
I'm going with the first one.

dan1552
01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
We are only going to score 17 points huh,,,
Ill assume you have come to that conclusion by one of two reasons,
Your lack of confidence in the most improved Team in Football
or,, your CRYSTAL BALL.
I'm going with the first one.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I know you guys dont see it this way, but you do realize that HAD the giants scored on that final drive, you would have simply tied the game. It was not a game winning drive. On that final drive you had to complete two 4th down conversions (the third failed). It was the law of averages that one was going to fail. In any case, we have won close games all season, it is how we play. The giants have earned the right to play the niners. no doubt. but the overconfidence on this board reeks of fear to me.
and as far as my personal confidence level, i would say im optimistic. every challenge we have faced this season has been overcome. the giants are simply the next obstacle. harbs will have the team prepared, the crowd and the grandness of the game will have the team pumped...i find it difficult to imagine a scenario in which we lose.
if i had to predict an outcome it would be something close to the first game (which we won). a tit for tat, strategic battle of field position and probing offense through the first half, with a more open and attacking second half. we will go to the half up by at least a touchdown, the giants run game will be nonexistant and justin and aldon will be teeing off on eli in the second. the niners will win by controlling the clock and forcing errors. we win by 3. giants fans complain about the refs and say they beat themselves and we dont deserve to go to the super bowl. this scenario has a very high probability of coming true for one important reason...it has happened multiple times this season in big games against strong teams.
of course, you could just blow us out. who knows? thats why they play.

swimeasy
01-21-2012, 09:53 AM

Have been following the Gs for a long, long time with parents who attended games at the Polo Grounds. TC will have them focused and prepared. He zeroed right in on the run execution immediately after the GB game and rightfully so. Frankly, I also thought the defensive game plan for GB was impressive, so again, feeling confident there. STs weren't fooled by the onside kicks, (wonder if MM took that page from the first SF game). I do think that Harbough will have some tricks up his sleeve, but then again, who would have thought the Giants would go for that Hail Mary at the GB half. They need to execute well in the trenches and establish some semblance of a run to open up passing options for Eli, win the turnover battle and leverage field position. Tynes' inconsistency makes me nuts so I hope they go for TDs. I'm a realist, try to give credit where due and SF is a tough team. Should be a great game and I will be sacrificing stuffed animals that the Giants come out with the win.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I just do not see the niners being able to beat the GMEN. This is a huge game, do you not think the Gmen will bring it? Why are the niners even favored? Why would anyone with sense pick the niners in this game. You really think Alex Smith will put together another game like that against a real pass rush? CMON!!!! Gentlemen, the better team will win as all championship games. The Giants are clearly much better at this point in the season. I will pace during the game as I always do but deep down no matter what game plan the Niners bring to the park Sunday, the Giants are going to end up on top. Way to many playmakers on both sides of the ball. I really think they are going to blitz the heck out of us and early that may cause some disruptions with the crowd noise but as Eli and co. always do, they will figure out a way to put up points, no way around it. On the other hand no way the niners put up points with the exception of Akers against the Gmen D at this point in the season. NOT EVEN NERVOUS AT ALL!!!!</P>

glad you are so confident. It makes up for my pessimism. 'Why do you dismiss Alex Smith??</P>

He has a 61% comp and a 90 rating. Not bad at all. The guys has been pretty consistent all year and has no real problems. </P>

I think the Giants can win of course but I dont see it as some easy win whatsoever.</P>

You didnt mention the weather either. EVERBODY slips on a muddy surface....everybody......</P>

</P>

SackingMyths
01-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner- 0.0 Pts

Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley, (not about to puff up their RBs)- 13 Pts

(take away the fumble leading to 7 that I think we can all agree was absurd)

Oh, and 7 of those 13 were garbage pts that came late in the 4th that had no impact on the game. So...

Alex Smith, Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore (am I missing anyone else I should be fearful of?). We OWN Gore. Don't tell me he was injured in our game. He had 25 touches the very next week. Bruised ego maybe.

You really can't see why the Giants fanbase would be confident? Really??

I think if you were a Giants fan, you would see this just as clearly as we do, in a heartbeat.

It's no disrespect; you earned the right to a Home game in the NFC Championship Game. But that's all you're guaranteed.

Good luck tomorrow!

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley, (not about to puff up their RBs)- 13 Pts

Oh, and 7 of those 13 were garbage pts that came late in the 4th that had no impact on the game. So...

Alex Smith, Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore (am I missing anyone else I should be fearful of?). We OWN Gore. Don't tell me he was injured in our game. He had 25 touches the very next week. Bruised ego maybe.

I think if you were a Giants fan, you would see this just as clearly as we do, in a heartbeat.

It's no disrespect; you earned the right to a Home game in the NFC Championship Game. But that's all you're guaranteed.

Good luck tomorrow!

i dont question your confidence. but you are going into the home of the best team in the nfc. you are coming into our house to try and beat us. all i am saying is that i stand behind our record, our wins, our coach and our team. we have earned the right to be favored. we have earned the right to play in our house. if you beat us, then you have earned the right to move on.

beating atlanta was a yawn. beating gb was huge, especially in lambaugh. but at the same time we handled the saints and have already beat the giants this season. from my perspective we have the advantage.

unlike the giants players and fans i am not guaranteeing anything. but i think it is fair to say that the niners couldnt ask for a better situation. we get to stay home, we get to play a team we have already beaten, we are as hot if not hotter than the giants, and we have the talent to realize the goal of winning.

good luck to you guys as well, i think your going to need it.

SackingMyths
01-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Good luck tomorrow!

i dont question your confidence. but you are going into the home of the best team in the nfc. you are coming into our house to try and beat us. all i am saying is that i stand behind our record, our wins, our coach and our team. we have earned the right to be favored. we have earned the right to play in our house. if you beat us, then you have earned the right to move on.

beating atlanta was a yawn. beating gb was huge, especially in lambaugh. but at the same time we handled the saints and have already beat the giants this season. from my perspective we have the advantage.

unlike the giants players and fans i am not guaranteeing anything. but i think it is fair to say that the niners couldnt ask for a better situation. we get to stay home, we get to play a team we have already beaten, we are as hot if not hotter than the giants, and we have the talent to realize the goal of winning.

good luck to you guys as well, i think your going to need it.

Fair enough. I just think it's ironic that you would come to a Giants message board and expect to see the fans "genuflecting" to your team. For comparison sake, if I went to your message board, I wouldn't expect anything but uber-confidence, dismissal of my team and bluster. It is what it is.

The Failcons and Saints aren't the same teams on the road. Atl played 12 games in a dome this year and NO played 11. It matters a lot. So, if you want to discredit the Atlanta win, then we have to discredit your New Orleans win, to some extent.

For what it's worth regarding the "Home advantage," Eli Manning is currently tied for the record of most Road Playoff wins ("4")-- and has 4 in a row on the Road, as it currently stands-- for a QB and Coughlin is a win away from tying Tom Landry for the most Road Playoff wins for a HC.

BklynBlue
01-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Wish I could share in your confidence. That Niner defense looked sharp and fast last week!

GO BLUE!!!

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 11:19 AM
It is interesting that I am less nervous each week. I was the most nervous against the Jets and as the Giants have gotten better I have become more confident. Of course my opinion has absolutely no outcome on the game but I don't even see the 49ers keeping it close. I don't see them scoring more than 13 points. 27-10 Giants.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Wish I could share in your confidence. That Niner defense looked sharp and fast last week!

GO BLUE!!!

Giving up 32 points is sharp?

Mod_C
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM

It's great to be optimistic, I usually am. But never underestimate the opposition. They didn't get to this point by failing.

BillTheGreek
01-21-2012, 11:37 AM
WORRIED NO........CONCERNED YES...... THIS GAME IS LIKE A mini SUPER-BOWL ! .I CAN'T WAIT TILL GAME TIME....GO GIANTS !

BillTheGreek
01-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Good luck tomorrow!

i dont question your confidence.* but you are going into the home of the best team in the nfc.* you are coming into our house to try and beat us.* all i am saying is that i stand behind our record, our wins, our coach and our team.* we have earned the right to be favored.* we have earned the right to play in our house.* if you beat us, then you have earned the right to move on.*

beating atlanta was a yawn.* beating gb was huge, especially in lambaugh.* but at the same time we handled the saints and have already beat the giants this season.* from my perspective we have the advantage.*

unlike the giants players and fans i am not guaranteeing anything.* but i think it is fair to say that the niners couldnt ask for a better situation.* we get to stay home, we get to play a team we have already beaten, we are as hot if not hotter than the giants, and we have the talent to realize the goal of winning.*

good luck to you guys as well, i think your going to need it.*

WORRIED NO........CONCERNED YES.......I WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT GREEN-BAY, BUT "Eli" & THE G-MEN TOOK CARE OF THEM ! AND ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THE SAINTS AND THANKS TO THE 49ers THEY DID US A BIG FAVOR BY ELIMATING THEM........I AM CONCERNED ABOUT DAVIS WHO SHOULD BE DOUBLED COVERED ALL TIME ! AS FAR AS SMITH LET THE 4 G-MEN TAKE CARE OF HIM.........CAN'T WAIT TILL GAME TIME....GO GIANTS ! ARE YOU READY ? : 12 HOUS TO Kick Off !

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Good luck tomorrow!

i dont question your confidence.* but you are going into the home of the best team in the nfc.* you are coming into our house to try and beat us.* all i am saying is that i stand behind our record, our wins, our coach and our team.* we have earned the right to be favored.* we have earned the right to play in our house.* if you beat us, then you have earned the right to move on.*

beating atlanta was a yawn.* beating gb was huge, especially in lambaugh.* but at the same time we handled the saints and have already beat the giants this season.* from my perspective we have the advantage.*

unlike the giants players and fans i am not guaranteeing anything.* but i think it is fair to say that the niners couldnt ask for a better situation.* we get to stay home, we get to play a team we have already beaten, we are as hot if not hotter than the giants, and we have the talent to realize the goal of winning.*

good luck to you guys as well, i think your going to need it.*

The best team in the NFC will be decided on Sunday. Regular season means nothing once you are in the playoffs. By the way 15-1 is better than 13-3. The Giants have won 4 straight road playoff games against teams that arguably would be considered as good or not better than the 49ers. They have no fear going to SF.

swordfish
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM

And by the way, you don't sound nervous...at all. Not one bit. ;)News flash, this is not NO defense comming this weekend, the gift giving stops this Sunday, only reason you beat NO was because NO was SOFT. And your team certainly did nothing against us during the regular season, we gave you 2 gift TDs, which were complete defensive breakdowns on our part, do you actually think that VD will be left all alone to walk into the endzone this Sunday, keep dreaming, we outplayed you the first game, go check the numbers if you dont believe me, and with Santa and his sled of gifts long gone, do you actually think your team has a chance. You have a nice defensive team I give you that, but if not for the turovers and your offense having to work only half the field, your offense is offensive, I watched last weeks game and your offense and QB were horrid, they should by your defensive players each a gold Rolex for saving them.

OX1
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM

No, they really don't get it yet. When we played them our D was playing at best, average on a good week. Many weeks they were as bad or worse than their 25th rating indicated. Yet, we were in that game right to the end.

Now, if we were only 4 games into the season our D would be number one rated (worst case # 3) in points given up (12.5 per game). That is how dramatic the transformation was. It's mind boggling to even most of us. If their O had gone from 25th ranked to playing a top D like a 3rd ranked O since we met, I might sing a different tune.

Any given Sunday is always the case, but if they bring the same or even a bit better game that they brought last time, they are toast...........