PDA

View Full Version : niner's offense on 1st and 2nd down

plujo
01-21-2012, 05:45 AM
The traditional way of thinking is "stop the run on first and second down, then release the pass rush on third and long" however, the Niners will often throw on first and second down, when the other team (us) is all geared up to stop the run.
this is obvious point to many of you, but I felt like mentioning it

miked1958
01-21-2012, 05:51 AM
The traditional way of thinking is "stop the run on first and second down, then release the pass rush on third and long" however, the Niners will often throw on first and second down, when the other team (us) is all geared up to stop the run.
Well we came out last game geared up to stop the run and Alex smith came out throwing and caught us off guard. He looked like joe Montana. We need to rattle him early and often

giantsfan420
01-21-2012, 05:51 AM

its a good point. SF really likes to take it to you and get themselves in managble downs and distances. they seem to try and use gadget plays and personnel packages to keep the d off balance.

the giants d on 1rst and 2nd down could be more important then their play on 3rd, which is extremely rare