PDA

View Full Version : Why we win/lose - Point - Counter point (NYG vs SF)

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Lets go SF fans. Make your point. I will start it with one of your favorite points.

Point - SF beat the best offense in the Saints.

Counter Point - Sorry but GB was the 2nd best offense in NFL history this year, and they have only lost 2 previous games @ their place in recent NFL history. Now it is 2 of those 3 were vs the NYG in the last 4 years.

CP - NO scores about 10 less points on the road vs home. Thats why no one wanted to play in NO.

CP - Rodgers was better than Brees this year.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Your points make no sense. Niners arent gb and giants arent no. How bout you make an actual point?

I can throw a couple out.

1. We already beat you once this year.

2. Eli is a pick machine when pressured.

3. We are superior in 2 out of three phases of the game.

4. We have a better coach.

5. We are at home.

Chew on those and i will get back to u when you are done sputtering out your excuses.

TheEnigma
01-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Your points make no sense. Niners arent gb and giants arent no. How bout you make an actual point?

5. We are at home.

Chew on those and i will get back to u when you are done sputtering out your excuses.1. True. The only counter one could offer here was due to having one of the most banged up defenses this year but even then, we didn't respect Alex Smith enough and we paid the price.

2. This is the 2011-2012 season. Stop thinking it's the last season. He's been one of the better QB's this year while under pressure. David Diehl is his LT and currently surrenders the most pressure per snap out of them all. He does pretty well considering he doesn't have a Pro Bowl LT like Staley.

3. For the season? Sure, I'll agree. Recently? Hardly. Our defense has only allowed 6 points in 2 games (Most of the world isn't counting those bogus TD's GB received) while you guys surrendered 32 to NO. But they are a great offense? NO only scores an average of 26 points a game on the road and you let them have more than that.

4. Really dude? I know you guys are in love with Harbaugh since you guys are relevant since forever but please...Has your coach taken a new franchise to the AFC championship in it's 2nd year or beat an undefeated team (arguably THE best team of all time) in the Superbowl? Show Coughlin a little bit more respect please.

5. True but don't forget, this is one of the best teams that plays on the road during the playoffs. Should be a great game.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 07:15 AM

5. We are at home.

Chew on those and i will get back to u when you are done sputtering out your excuses.Apparently you do not know how to read. Your fan base has been using the 1st topic of beating NO as a standing platform. Welcome to the forums newb. Great entrance as most of your 49ers brethren have done.

1) CP- when we were missing a lot of key players. Have you seen the difference since we have gotten them back? If not you are blind.

2) Really? Which ANALyst did you get that from? Do a little research.

Eli has thrown almost as many TDS in the 4th quarter 15 (new NFL record if you haven't heard yet ) vs Smith in the entire Season = 17. And is also one of the most sacked qbs who seems to only favor two targets when he is actually allowed to throw the ball (2nd least amount attempts in all of the nfl behind TEBOW)

3. What dope have you been smoking? You mean that 16th rated pass defense or the 93 rushing yards we had on you w/o our top back in bradshaw? Before you mention our stats re-read CP 1.

4) Now I know you are a joke. A better coach? What has he won yet? TC brought a expansion franchise to two AFCCG, and already has 1 SB ring as a Coach and also as a coordinator. Again put down the dope, dope.

5) Ever heard of the road warriors? If not try to google it. The NYG are better away then at home.

Chew on that San Fran Kid. And if you plan on coming back into this thread. At least read before you open your mouth. And I know it may be tough, but try to counter my points, instead of ignoring the facts and moving on to something else, as it seems you San Fran fans love to do.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Interesting. Yawn.

1. Excuses, excuses. You lost. We beat you. Deal with it.

2. I dont need an analyst, i have eyes.

3. Our defense and special teams are superior. Its simply a fact. The stats support it, the records support it...im obviously not going to convince you, but that doesnt make it not true.

4. Harbaugh is coach of the year by a landslide. If coughlin were coach of the year i would say you have the better coach...but he isnt and i wont.

5. Ok. We earned home field and are happy to have it. If you are happy to be on the road then we are all happy. Yay.

Your only point was that you beat gb and you feel that is a more valuable win than beating no. I think both were impressive, but i also think both are irrelavant in this matchup.

pt1028
01-21-2012, 07:47 AM

5. We are at home.

Chew on those and i will get back to u when you are done sputtering out your excuses.

1) Yes, but the Giants are healthier on both sides of the ball now.
2)Not this season.
3)What phases would that be?
4) Does better mean younger in your eyes?
5) There's the SF slight advantage.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Fair response. And yes, it will be a great game. Hope we win.

pt1028
01-21-2012, 08:07 AM
4. Harbaugh is coach of the year by a landslide. If coughlin were coach of the year i would say you have the better coach...but he isnt and i wont.

I agree Harbaugh will win coach of the year, and rightfully so, but that is more of an indication of the coaching turmoil last season with the Niners, and having the team, who has all the talent in the world, really believe in themselves and play like they should. Heck, Marvin Lewis won that honors 2 years ago with the Bengals! But Coughlin is the more experienced coach who has been there, done that and I wiould have to say that the Giants have the edge in coaching.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Coughlin has the experience and the hardware, no doubt. But harbaugh is out coaching, out game planning, and out motivating everyone this year. The NFL is about Now and right now i would rather have harbs. Peyton, coughlin, Tomlin...all have been out coached in my opinion. We came in with a winning game plan, more motivated, and defeated three of the best in the NFL. Maybe this time things will be different. I wouldn't bet on it though.oh, and he beat Lewis too. Anyway, this isn't a debate I am going to win on your board, but suffice to say, i would take harbaugh right now.

pt1028
01-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Coughlin has the experience and the hardware, no doubt. But harbaugh is out coaching, out game planning, and out motivating everyone this year. The NFL is about Now and right now i would rather have harbs. Peyton, coughlin, Tomlin...all have been out coached in my opinion. We came in with a winning game plan, more motivated, and defeated three of the best in the NFL. Maybe this time things will be different. I wouldn't bet on it though.oh, and he beat Lewis too. Anyway, this isn't a debate I am going to win on your board, but suffice to say, i would take harbaugh right now.

He didn't outcoach his brother! ;-)
I never said Lewis was a good coach.
And to be honest, this isn't a debate you would win on any board, except maybe the 49er's.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 10:10 AM
I will address 1, 2 and 4
In first game vs u guys u lost Gore in first half.hugh loss. However we lost Boley our field general. Right after he went out our young rookie LB Greg jones was burned for 2 TDs. Boley is back and healthy. We didn't have Osi at all. Enough said. We didn't have bradshaw and still gained 90+ yards. Ouch. Didn't have a health Tuck coming back from nagging groin and ankle injuries. Both nicks and Cruz we coming off injuries and not 100%. The Oline was still in a shambles due to injury and has come together nice. We now have a FB. The fact that we still almost tied that game with all those factors should scare u

2. Eli has been in games of this amount of pressure smith has not. Eli has 07 exp to fall back on. Eli has 5 road playoff victories. He will eat you alive and not feel any pressure. To him it will be like a preseason game. Smith will be eaten alive by the pressure.

3. Won't argue coach of year. But tom deserves some consideration for what he has been able to do with this team with the amt of injury and problems he had this year. Oh let your HC know that Tom is coming with 6 Road playoff wins. One shy of all time mark set by Tom Landry.
Giants have a ton of players and coaches that know what to expect Sunday. Niners won't know what hit them.

Lastly this is playing out again like 07. Way to many things similar.. It's fate again. U can't fight fate. U guys are going to lose big.. But u are on the right track.. But this week u are just facing wrong team at wrong time

This game won't be close.. Enjoy your party.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Enjoy your last 2 days of your season cause come Monday your players will be putting the contents of their lockers in Hugh trash bags and storing their equipment for the winter.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 11:11 AM
In first game vs u guys u lost Gore in first half.hugh loss. However we lost Boley our field general. Right after he went out our young rookie LB Greg jones was burned for 2 TDs. Boley is back and healthy. We didn't have Osi at all. Enough said. We didn't have bradshaw and still gained 90+ yards. Ouch. Didn't have a health Tuck coming back from nagging groin and ankle injuries. Both nicks and Cruz we coming off injuries and not 100%. The Oline was still in a shambles due to injury and has come together nice. We now have a FB. The fact that we still almost tied that game with all those factors should scare u

2. Eli has been in games of this amount of pressure smith has not. Eli has 07 exp to fall back on. Eli has 5 road playoff victories. He will eat you alive and not feel any pressure. To him it will be like a preseason game. Smith will be eaten alive by the pressure.

3. Won't argue coach of year. But tom deserves some consideration for what he has been able to do with this team with the amt of injury and problems he had this year. Oh let your HC know that Tom is coming with 6 Road playoff wins. One shy of all time mark set by Tom Landry.
Giants have a ton of players and coaches that know what to expect Sunday. Niners won't know what hit them.

Lastly this is playing out again like 07. Way to many things similar.. It's fate again. U can't fight fate. U guys are going to lose big.. But u are on the right track.. But this week u are just facing wrong team at wrong time

1. you know, the excuses about injuries, etc, are really thin. every team in the nfl has injuries. we have a ton of injuries. particularly at reciever where we are miserably thin. but, i will guarantee you one thing. IF we lose, i will not be be blaming injuries.

2. as far as eli goes, your argument is great if you are a giants fan. it is the argument you should be making, but, excuse me if i am not terrified. we just beat drew brees. we forced him into making errors, we pressured him constantly, we picked him off twice. last time we played the giants we picked eli off twice. none of the injuries you stated seem to be on the o line, so...

3. coughlin absolutely deserves respect. he is a great coach. you guys should stop trying to run him out of town. however, the hottest coach in the nfl is harbaugh. jim, not john. unfortunately harbs and i are not on speaking terms, but i am sure he is aware of the fact you guys are a great road team.

4. fate is a wicked mistress. she will cuddle with you one second and kick you out of bed for eating crackers the next. when you say fate it makes me think you have been reading your own headlines a tad too much.

in the end, only the game can decide. it is gonna be a fun *** game. may the best team win.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Enjoy your last 2 days of your season cause come Monday your players will be putting the contents of their lockers in Hugh trash bags and storing their equipment for the winter.

i have savored every second of this season. been a fan since i was born. we were a spoiled bunch, humility is a difficult pill to swallow. i think this is our time though. of course, that is the fan in me.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM

i have savored every second of this season. been a fan since i was born. we were a spoiled bunch, humility is a difficult pill to swallow. i think this is our time though. of course, that is the fan in me.

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 11:22 AM

He didn't outcoach his brother! ;-)
I never said Lewis was a good coach.
And to be honest, this isn't a debate you would win on any board, except maybe the 49er's.

that ravens loss will be avenged. if not now, later. harbs best quality...holds a grudge like a mofo. beating carrol twice this year was extremely satisfying. he creates his own grudges and acts like his opponent stole his children. if you guys beat us this game, watch out next time we meet, the man will not rest till he has vengeance.

Spizi
01-21-2012, 11:27 AM

You are extremely overrating Harbaugh. For the last three years I kept saying this is the year that the 49ers actually play some good football. Why would I say this?? Because it's obvious that they had one of the more talented teams in the NFL but I was wrong every year because they had horrible coaching. So in reality you actually got a coach who could make that talent show up for once. Sounds like underachieving to me.....

jerseyblues
01-21-2012, 11:57 AM

You are extremely overrating Harbaugh. For the last three years I kept saying this is the year that the 49ers actually play some good football. Why would I say this?? Because it's obvious that they had one of the more talented teams in the NFL but I was wrong every year because they had horrible coaching. So in reality you actually got a coach who could make that talent show up for once. Sounds like underachieving to me.....

absolutely correct. we have had plenty of talent the last three years. it just goes to show how important ownership, front office and coaching really are that we struggled so much with a very talented group of players. now, having said this, how is harbaugh underachieving? we are in the nfc championship, we have lost 3 games all season...?...i am confused about where the underachieving fits in.

in any case, harbaugh has done some magnificent coaching this year. this will be reflected when he is named coach of the year. baalke will also be named exec of the year for his brilliant offseason pickups and drafting. win or lose on sunday these two guys have done a magnificent job and as a fan i am extremely proud of them.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Interesting. Yawn.

1. Excuses, excuses. You lost. We beat you. Deal with it.

2. I dont need an analyst, i have eyes.

3. Our defense and special teams are superior. Its simply a fact. The stats support it, the records support it...im obviously not going to convince you, but that doesnt make it not true.

5. Ok. We earned home field and are happy to have it. If you are happy to be on the road then we are all happy. Yay.

Your only point was that you beat gb and you feel that is a more valuable win than beating no. I think both were impressive, but i also think both are irrelavant in this matchup.Again you prove my point, of not reading or at least comprehending what you have read.

1) not an excuse. A fact. Yet even with that fact we ended up in the playoffs. Now the fact is we are healthy and we shall see what you guys are about now.

2) Seems you are using their eyes or language

3) Superior teams are not in the middle of the pack for passing defense

4) You are an idiot if you go by coach of the year lmfao. Not hard in that division

NYGFaninILL
01-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't understand how a coach can be "hot", jerseyblues. They have a set gameplan when executed properly ,will end out in a win, usually.

Harbaugh (sp?) is a fine coach, and deserves the coach of the year. But to say he is better than Coughlin is extreamly, premature and ignorant.

I can spout off reasons, but you wont care, because no reason in the world will change tout mind. And that s just the way it is

lcra0825
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
another point no one is bringing up is that the 49 ers got 5 turnovers and barely one the game. If the 49ers dont get any turnovers, I dont think their winning. The giants would have one the last match if we didnt have the turnovers

Spizi
01-21-2012, 01:08 PM
another point no one is bringing up is that the 49 ers got 5 turnovers and barely one the game. If the 49ers dont get any turnovers, I dont think their winning. The giants would have one the last match if we didnt have the turnovers

If you think no ones brining this up you haven't been reading these boards lately lol. The saints put up 27 ppg on the road and still somehow put up 32 even with 5 turnovers. No turnovers and we win by 14 at least.

easyrhino701
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
GMEN; you should all be proud of your accomplishments thus far, but remember that your work is not done yet. As you enter the NFC Championship game, I'm reminded of those 300 principled warriors at Thermopylae who held the onslaught of the Persian army. Their very power was in the strength of their unity and cause. Make no mistake, you are where you are for a reason. Play hard, tough and be strong. Watch your assignments and protect your brothers. Giants among men. I leave you with one final thought: "NOTHING CAN RESIST THE HUMAN WILL THAT WILL STAKE EVEN ITS EXISTENCE ON ITS STATED PURPOSE" - Benjamin Disraeli

nygfan7387
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Never in the entire history of the New Orleans Saints have the Saints won an away playoff game. End of story...

Spizi
01-21-2012, 01:15 PM

absolutely correct.* we have had plenty of talent the last three years.* it just goes to show how important ownership, front office and coaching really are that we struggled so much with a very talented group of players.* now, having said this, how is harbaugh underachieving?* we are in the nfc championship, we have lost 3 games all season...?...i am confused about where the underachieving fits in.*

in any case, harbaugh has done some magnificent coaching this year.* this will be reflected when he is named coach of the year.* baalke will also be named exec of the year for his brilliant offseason pickups and drafting.* win or lose on sunday these two guys have done a magnificent job and as a fan i am extremely proud of them.*

I'm not saying Harbaugh is under achieving. Its that the 9ers were so pathetic and underachieving that when they finally get a half decent coach they go from bad to the NFC championship game. It shows how incompetant Singletary was not how good harbaugh is.

DemandedAce
01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
GMEN; you should all be proud of your accomplishments thus far, but remember that your work is not done yet. As you enter the NFC Championship game, I'm reminded of those 300 principled warriors at Thermopylae who held the onslaught of the Persian army. Their very power was in the strength of their unity and cause. Make no mistake, you are where you are for a reason. Play hard, tough and be strong. Watch your assignments and protect your brothers. Giants among men. I leave you with one final thought: "NOTHING CAN RESIST THE HUMAN WILL THAT WILL STAKE EVEN ITS EXISTENCE ON ITS STATED PURPOSE" - Benjamin Disraeli

lol WHAT?!

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM

1.* you know, the excuses about injuries, etc, are really thin.* every team in the nfl has injuries.* we have a ton of injuries.* particularly at reciever where we are miserably thin.* but, i will guarantee you one thing.* IF we lose, i will not be be blaming injuries.

2.* as far as eli goes, your argument is great if you are a giants fan.* it is the argument you should be making, but, excuse me if i am not terrified.* we just beat drew brees.* we forced him into making errors, we pressured him constantly, we picked him off twice.* last time we played the giants we picked eli off twice.* none of the injuries you stated seem to be on the o line, so...

3.* coughlin absolutely deserves respect.* he is a great coach.* you guys should stop trying to run him out of town.* however, the hottest coach in the nfl is harbaugh.* jim, not john.* unfortunately harbs and i are not on speaking terms, but i am sure he is aware of the fact you guys are a great road team.*

4.* fate is a wicked mistress.* she will cuddle with you one second and kick you out of bed for eating crackers the next.* when you say fate it makes me think you have been reading your own headlines a tad too much.*

in the end, only the game can decide.* it is gonna be a fun *** game.* may the best team win.*

Not making excuses. Just pointing out u won't be facing same team u played in Nov. also yes every team does have injuries and I don't doubt yours doesn't. What I do know is no team has had more in a season, either out for year or ongoing then this years giants team.

Eli was picked off twice because he was pressured into making bad throws. He was pressured due to OLine being a shambles. Since then we have the 3 guys healthy that we're in and out and we have not had that problem.

Not going to argue the point about wanting to run him out of town more then a few times this season. Lol.

Great talking football with u back and forth and I know SF is a worthy opponent and deserves to be there. No doubt the giants will have to play their most complete game of the season to come out with the win

jerseyblues
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM
(this post was in response to dragonbreaths post, dont know why it didnt quote)

I think i comprehend your post perfectly. Another thing i comprehend is how obvious it is that you are a big fan who knows very little about football. That is fine, i have no problem with that, but insulting someone you are trying to debate shows little class and less intelligence.

1. i said this before, all teams have injuries. we beat you fair and square, if you want to cry about the refs or injuries or the field or whatever else, i cant stop you. i will however tell you that it makes you sound like a fool.

2. in the giants games i have watched i have noticed that eli has a habit (as most, if not all qb's do) of making mistakes under pressure. eli has a strong arm and tries to fire the ball into tight spaces, we picked him off twice last game and it was almost three. he has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot. this is related to his confidence in his arm. 17 ints this season i believe? you watch the giants more than i do, how many of those were caused by pressure and forcing the throw that wasnt there? most i would guess.

3. the niners defense is pretty damn good. when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards. also, giving up passing yards hasnt stopped us from winning. how many passing yards did the giants have in our last meeting? how many did brees have? how many did stafford have? whats the trend here? we won all those games. as alex said before the no game. "brees can throw for as many yards as he wants, we just want to score more points."

4. the big reveal! you have run out of things to say and so i must be an idiot. nice one. well, as i said in an earlier post i will take harbaugh at the moment. he has outcoached 3sb winning coaches in the last 7 games, he has his team ready to play every week, and the results are on the field. the nfl is a what have you done for me lately league. i could care less about what happened three seasons ago. harbaugh is the better coach now and that is what matters.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 12:55 AM

I think i comprehend your post perfectly.* Another thing i comprehend is how obvious it is that you are a big fan who knows very little about football.* That is fine, i have no problem with that, but insulting someone you are trying to debate shows little class and less intelligence.*

1.* i said this before, all teams have injuries.* we beat you fair and square, if you want to cry about the refs or injuries or the field or whatever else, i cant stop you.* i will however tell you that it makes you sound like a fool.*

2.* in the giants games i have watched i have noticed that eli has a habit (as most, if not all qb's do) of making mistakes under pressure.* eli has a strong arm and tries to fire the ball into tight spaces, we picked him off twice last game and it was almost three.* he has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot.* this is related to his confidence in his arm.* 17 ints this season i believe?* you watch the giants more than i do, how many of those were caused by pressure and forcing the throw that wasnt there?* most i would guess.

3.* the niners defense is pretty damn good.* when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards.* also, giving up passing yards hasnt stopped us from winning.* how many passing yards did the giants have in our last meeting?* how many did brees have?* how many did stafford have?* whats the trend here?* we won all those games.* as alex said before the no game.* "brees can throw for as many yards as he wants, we just want to score more points."

4.* the big reveal!* you have run out of things to say and so i must be an idiot.* nice one.* well, as i said in an earlier post i will take harbaugh at the moment.* he has outcoached 3sb winning coaches in the last 7 games, he has his team ready to play every week, and the results are on the field.* the nfl is a what have you done for me lately league.* i could care less about what happened three seasons ago.* harbaugh is the better coach now and that is what matters.
When you learn to read then I wouldn't need to call you an idiot, unless you prefer dumb. Since I gave you more then 1 post to realize your mistake, before i figured you are unable to comprehend a post, hence your dumb/idiot. How can we have a discussion when your posts are already flawed due to your lack of reading what was posted clearly for most people who took the time to read it.

So I will break it down for you, since you seem slow.

I made this post in response to you brethren coming here and using that point as a reference as to why you can/will beat us.

So I created the thread stating the 49ers fan point of view. That we will lose because you beat the Saints. Then using your 49er fans type of example, I decided to use GB (as dumb of an example as it is/was to make a counter point)

Do you understand now? Or better yet did you even read it? Now read the 1st post again, and see what type of fool you are.

And if you still cannot comprehend this I can try another language for you. Now I am done with you. Feel free to write whatever hogwash you want based on half read threads.

bubblesmcgee
01-22-2012, 01:12 AM
everybody knows eli throws at least 4 picks per game. god whats wrong with you people. Hes an "INT machine"/red

jerseyblues
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM

I think i comprehend your post perfectly. Another thing i comprehend is how obvious it is that you are a big fan who knows very little about football. That is fine, i have no problem with that, but insulting someone you are trying to debate shows little class and less intelligence.

1. i said this before, all teams have injuries. we beat you fair and square, if you want to cry about the refs or injuries or the field or whatever else, i cant stop you. i will however tell you that it makes you sound like a fool.

2. in the giants games i have watched i have noticed that eli has a habit (as most, if not all qb's do) of making mistakes under pressure. eli has a strong arm and tries to fire the ball into tight spaces, we picked him off twice last game and it was almost three. he has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot. this is related to his confidence in his arm. 17 ints this season i believe? you watch the giants more than i do, how many of those were caused by pressure and forcing the throw that wasnt there? most i would guess.

3. the niners defense is pretty damn good. when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards. also, giving up passing yards hasnt stopped us from winning. how many passing yards did the giants have in our last meeting? how many did brees have? how many did stafford have? whats the trend here? we won all those games. as alex said before the no game. "brees can throw for as many yards as he wants, we just want to score more points."

4. the big reveal! you have run out of things to say and so i must be an idiot. nice one. well, as i said in an earlier post i will take harbaugh at the moment. he has outcoached 3sb winning coaches in the last 7 games, he has his team ready to play every week, and the results are on the field. the nfl is a what have you done for me lately league. i could care less about what happened three seasons ago. harbaugh is the better coach now and that is what matters.
When you learn to read then I wouldn't need to call you an idiot, unless you prefer dumb. Since I gave you more then 1 post to realize your mistake, before i figured you are unable to comprehend a post, hence your dumb/idiot. How can we have a discussion when your posts are already flawed due to your lack of reading what was posted clearly for most people who took the time to read it.

So I will break it down for you, since you seem slow.

I made this post in response to you brethren coming here and using that point as a reference as to why you can/will beat us.

So I created the thread stating the 49ers fan point of view. That we will lose because you beat the Saints. Then using your 49er fans type of example, I decided to use GB (as dumb of an example as it is/was to make a counter point)

Do you understand now? Or better yet did you even read it? Now read the 1st post again, and see what type of fool you are.

And if you still cannot comprehend this I can try another language for you. Now I am done with you. Feel free to write whatever hogwash you want based on half read threads.

i think i understood your post better than you did. you challenged 49er fans to make points about why we think we would win. you then said you will start with one of our favorites, n.o. blah blah blah. sorry, it's not my fault you cant form a proper response.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 01:24 AM

I think i comprehend your post perfectly.* Another thing i comprehend is how obvious it is that you are a big fan who knows very little about football.* That is fine, i have no problem with that, but insulting someone you are trying to debate shows little class and less intelligence.*

1.* i said this before, all teams have injuries.* we beat you fair and square, if you want to cry about the refs or injuries or the field or whatever else, i cant stop you.* i will however tell you that it makes you sound like a fool.*

2.* in the giants games i have watched i have noticed that eli has a habit (as most, if not all qb's do) of making mistakes under pressure.* eli has a strong arm and tries to fire the ball into tight spaces, we picked him off twice last game and it was almost three.* he has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot.* this is related to his confidence in his arm.* 17 ints this season i believe?* you watch the giants more than i do, how many of those were caused by pressure and forcing the throw that wasnt there?* most i would guess.

3.* the niners defense is pretty damn good.* when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards.* also, giving up passing yards hasnt stopped us from winning.* how many passing yards did the giants have in our last meeting?* how many did brees have?* how many did stafford have?* whats the trend here?* we won all those games.* as alex said before the no game.* "brees can throw for as many yards as he wants, we just want to score more points."

4.* the big reveal!* you have run out of things to say and so i must be an idiot.* nice one.* well, as i said in an earlier post i will take harbaugh at the moment.* he has outcoached 3sb winning coaches in the last 7 games, he has his team ready to play every week, and the results are on the field.* the nfl is a what have you done for me lately league.* i could care less about what happened three seasons ago.* harbaugh is the better coach now and that is what matters.

1. Yes you beat us fair and square congrats. But it matters now and we are playing at a superior level on defense compared to before mostly because of better communication, and a healthy tuck.

2. you picked eli off twice last time but once was because manningham stopped his route short. thats a mistake that will be corrected tomorrow. that lead to an east TD for you guys.

3. "when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards" wtf?!?! where's the logic in that?! If you force teams to stop running it should be easy to defend the pass because you know they won't run. FAIL!

4. Coughlin is a superbowl winning coach and assistant. If the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately league" then according to your logic the giants are better than the 49ers because we blew out the number 1 team in the NFL on their home turf.

1+2+3+4= you are a dumb ***

jerseyblues
01-22-2012, 08:53 AM

1. Yes you beat us fair and square congrats. But it matters now and we are playing at a superior level on defense compared to before mostly because of better communication, and a healthy tuck.

2. you picked eli off twice last time but once was because manningham stopped his route short. thats a mistake that will be corrected tomorrow. that lead to an east TD for you guys.

3. "when you force teams to stop running you will of course give up more passing yards" wtf?!?! where's the logic in that?! If you force teams to stop running it should be easy to defend the pass because you know they won't run. FAIL!

4. Coughlin is a superbowl winning coach and assistant. If the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately league" then according to your logic the giants are better than the 49ers because we blew out the number 1 team in the NFL on their home turf.

well, you guys have it all figured out. should be a cakewalk for you. i will be back, win or lose. in fact, i am about to start a thread in the smack talk section with a friendly wager. if you would like to put your pride where your mouth is, i will give you the opportunity.

jerseyblues
01-22-2012, 08:53 AM

well, you guys have it all figured out. should be a cakewalk for you. i will be back, win or lose. in fact, i am about to start a thread in the smack talk section with a friendly wager. if you would like to put your pride where your mouth is, i will give you the opportunity.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Lets go SF fans. Make your point. I will start it with one of your favorite points.

Point - SF beat the best offense in the Saints.

Counter Point - Sorry but GB was the 2nd best offense in NFL history this year, and they have only lost 2 previous games @ their place in recent NFL history. Now it is 2 of those 3 were vs the NYG in the last 4 years.

CP - NO scores about 10 less points on the road vs home. Thats why no one wanted to play in NO.

CP - Rodgers was better than Brees this year.

Ok, I'll play.

1) We're momentum killers. Leading up to the divisional round everyone and their mother was talking about how much momentum the Saints had. You seen how that worked out. Now everyone is talking about the Giants momentum. We'll see.

2) Sure you guys beat Green Bay, but they had like a bottom 3 defense. They got all those turnovers because teams were trying to keep up with their offense. Their offense struggles and that D looks awful. Meanwhile, the 49ers put up 36 points on a better defense and gave up 14 points for 3 and half quarters (and ultimately 32) to an elite offense that broke numerous record.

3) Our o-line will hold up better than yours will. In all 3 of our losses this season, containing the opponent pass rush was the common denominator. You know what the other were? All 3 of those teams blitzed heavily and all 3 of those teams run 3-4 defenses. We struggle containing 3-4 defenses while going up against 4 man rushes that seldom blitz is something we can definitely handle. Meanwhile, the NYG line is very shaky on the left side and McKenzie isn't that great either. That o-line will be going up against a rush that has the DROY, a player that made the all-pro team both as an end and a tackle this year, and two pro-bowl alternates.

4) Our defense FORCES turnovers. Yes Green Bay got a ton of turnovers, but that was indicative of the opposition having to keep up with their offense. This D straight up takes the ball away. 2nd in INTs, first in FFs and 1st in FRs.

5) Our special teams is the absolute best in the NFL. Both our kicker and punter set NFL records this year (Lee for Net yard average and Akers with # of FGs) while we boasted a top 5 return game in both KRs and PRs. We don't allow big returns (especially on punt coverage) and we set ourselves up very nicely with good field position. Even if Ginn doesn't play, Hunter is good on KRs and Williams is good on PRs.

6) This is offense is finally opening up. Giants fans love to talk about Alex Smiths less than stellar stats, but they fail to realize he has been getting better and better as the season marched on. The last quarter of the season we passed the ball way more than we did early on. It was to be expected, all new players with all new coaches in an all new scheme. The timing was off but Crabtree, Davis, and Alex are clicking now. Davis has almost 300 yards over his last 2 games (along with 2 TDs) while Crabtree has over 100 yards in his last 2 games (along with 3 TDs)

7) We match up well with what NYG tries to do offensively. This offense struggled when they couldn't move the ball on the ground and the 49ers boast the top run D in the league. You better believe that the 49ers have shut down and down right knocked out backs that are better than Bradshaw and Jacobs. The NYG passing game depends on YACs and the 49ers are the top tackling team in terms of limiting YACs. We won't allow Eli to get hot by completing big plays, we allow a lot of underneath stuff though and keep everything in front of us as we often drop 7.

8) If we can fool an All-Star QB like Brees and sucker him into INTs with a good mix of zone and man-to-man, then we can do it to Eli. This secondary has 24 of the 25 INTs this team has this season and has 2 pro-bowlers and 1 pro-bowl alternate.

With that said, these are all just advantages. I still expect a good and relatively close game (unlike many Giants homers on here). Bad weather could make things interesting too. My prediction: 27-19 and an SF SuperBowl birth!

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:23 AM

Holy crap. That is awful logic. If you stop the run completely, teams are forced to pass it. Duh. Of course they will get yards that way. What is this guy smoking?

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:36 AM

No matter how you spin it, 14-3 is great coaching. I love opposing fans. For years they said we sucked and have ****ty players. Now that we're winning, Harbaugh gets some credit, but clearly talent was here and he's just a long for the ride. Do you know how amazing it is that we have all this success when the coaches have known their players for like 4-5 months? All new scheme, all new coaches, all pretty incredible.

Oh, and did you just say that a 14-3 team is underachieving? what does that make a 9-7 team.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Again you prove my point, of not reading or at least comprehending what you have read.

1) not an excuse. A fact. Yet even with that fact we ended up in the playoffs. Now the fact is we are healthy and we shall see what you guys are about now.

2) Seems you are using their eyes or language

3) Superior teams are not in the middle of the pack for passing defense

4) You are an idiot if you go by coach of the year lmfao. Not hard in that division

Some of you fans are downright *****ed. What does the NFCW have to do with Harbaugh winning coach of the year? Like, at all?

Oh, and it must not have been hard to win your division either. I mean, since "its not hard" for us, and we're in the NFCW that shares the same combined record as the NFCE and all. And at least we pounded our division doormats, you guys lost to yours...twice.

And the bit about being "the middle of the pack" against the pass is even more *****ed (scary that is possible to top with what you've already put out there). We're 2nd in points given up (behind the Steelers by 2 bloody points). Would you rather give up more points or more yard? Wait, why am I asking you anyways. Not like you would know since the Giants D is 29th is passing yards and 25th in points given up.

p.s. why is the eff is the word r3t@rd3d blurred out?

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
another point no one is bringing up is that the
49 ers got 5 turnovers and barely one the game. If the 49ers dont get
any turnovers, I dont think their winning. The giants would have one the
last match if we didnt have the turnovers

If you think no ones brining this up you haven't been reading these boards lately lol. The saints put up 27 ppg on the road and still somehow put up 32 even with 5 turnovers. No turnovers and we win by 14 at least.

Some fans kill me. Literally, this is hilarious. IF you didn't turn the ball over, yes, you probably would have won (not one). Or if there were no injuries for you guys you might have won. If the 49ers had called a different play they might have won by even more. If Gore was healthy we could have pounded our ground game. If Ted Ginn would have caught the bloody pass we would have scored more. If Coughlin was was gay he probably wouldn't be coaching in the NFL.

The fact is that you did turn the ball over because our D is a great D and great at forcing turnovers and taking the ball away. Just like your team is great at getting YACs, ours is great at creating turnovers.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:53 AM

absolutely correct. we have had plenty of talent the last three years. it just goes to show how important ownership, front office and coaching really are that we struggled so much with a very talented group of players. now, having said this, how is harbaugh underachieving? we are in the nfc championship, we have lost 3 games all season...?...i am confused about where the underachieving fits in.

in any case, harbaugh has done some magnificent coaching this year. this will be reflected when he is named coach of the year. baalke will also be named exec of the year for his brilliant offseason pickups and drafting. win or lose on sunday these two guys have done a magnificent job and as a fan i am extremely proud of them.

I'm not saying Harbaugh is under achieving. Its that the 9ers were so pathetic and underachieving that when they finally get a half decent coach they go from bad to the NFC championship game. It shows how incompetant Singletary was not how good harbaugh is.

Wrong, it accentuates both. Although I do agree with you on Simpletary. People even now still fail to grasp the total ineptitude that was Simpletard and his staff. But what Harbaugh has done in a lockout year with all new coaches, schemes, etc. is nothing short of outstanding. You don't just go to the NFCC (with a great chance of winning) in a year like this by being "half decent" with some talent.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Not making excuses. Just pointing out u won't be facing same team u played in Nov. also yes every team does have injuries and I don't doubt yours doesn't. What I do know is no team has had more in a season, either out for year or ongoing then this years giants team.

Eli was picked off twice because he was pressured into making bad throws. He was pressured due to OLine being a shambles. Since then we have the 3 guys healthy that we're in and out and we have not had that problem.

Not going to argue the point about wanting to run him out of town more then a few times this season. Lol.

Great talking football with u back and forth and I know SF is a worthy opponent and deserves to be there. No doubt the giants will have to play their most complete game of the season to come out with the win

That's a lie. The Rams put like 1957473 people on IR this year with injuries across the board. They had like 6-7 CBs (not DBs, but CBs) on IR alone.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
hence your dumb/idiot.

Oh the irony.

TheEnigma
01-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I keep seeing this whole comparison between the divisions and watching both sides attempt to belittle the others division but when we are comparing the teams we faced, why are we including our own records into the equation? Obviously, you don't play yourself so in a fair discussion, we should take our teams out.

So here's how it would look.

NFCE
Eagles 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

NCFW
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 2-14

NFCE - 21-27

NFCW - 17-31

So far, that right there lets you know that the other NFCE teams were more competitive than that of the NFCW.

Let's break down more stuff, shall we?

NFCE
Eagles PF: 396 PA: 328
Cowboys PF: 369 PA: 347
Redskins PF: 288 PA: 367

NFCW
Cardinals PF: 312 PA: 348
Seahawks PF: 321 PA: 315
Rams PF: 193 PA: 407

NFCE - PF: 1053 PA: 1042

NFCW - PF: 826 PA: 1070

This here tells us that our NFCE rivals are much better on offense and scoring points than the NFCW. The defenses are slightly better as well. Now I'm not trying to discredit your team in the slightest. Your team took advantage of an easy division with no other competition in it, played great defense outside of your div games, and managed to get a 13-3 record. All I'm saying is that the stats tell us that the Giants divisional rivals were better teams than that of the 49ers. This discredits the whole "but they're equal!" point out the window. If I really gave enough of a crap, I could go break down other statistics and probably find the same results.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:06 AM

No matter how you spin it, 14-3 is great coaching. I love opposing fans. For years they said we sucked and have ****ty players. Now that we're winning, Harbaugh gets some credit, but clearly talent was here and he's just a long for the ride. Do you know how amazing it is that we have all this success when the coaches have known their players for like 4-5 months? All new scheme, all new coaches, all pretty incredible.

Oh, and did you just say that a 14-3 team is underachieving? what does that make a 9-7 team.

I was referring to your past few seasons as under achieving that's why there was such a quick turn around. you guys had the talent but the coaching was horrible. now that you have a coach that's not a total failure you are showcasing that talent with a number 2 seed.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:10 AM

well, you guys have it all figured out.* should be a cakewalk for you.* i will be back, win or lose.* in fact, i am about to start a thread in the smack talk section with a friendly wager.* if you would like to put your pride where your mouth is, i will give you the opportunity.

Where is my mouth? lol I'm not guaranteeing a win because you guys are obviously a really good opponent, I'm just saying that your logic is flawed.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I keep seeing this whole comparison between the divisions and watching both sides attempt to belittle the others division but when we are comparing the teams we faced, why are we including our own records into the equation? Obviously, you don't play yourself so in a fair discussion, we should take our teams out.

NFCE
Eagles 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

NCFW
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 2-14

NFCE - 21-27

NFCW - 17-31

So far, that right there lets you know that the other NFCE teams were more competitive than that of the NFCW.

NFCE

NFCW

This here tells us that our NFCE rivals are much better on offense and scoring points than the NFCW. The defenses are slightly better as well. Now I'm not trying to discredit your team in the slightest. Your team took advantage of an easy division with no other competition in it, played great defense outside of your div games, and managed to get a 13-3 record. All I'm saying is that the stats tell us that the Giants divisional rivals were better teams than that of the 49ers. This discredits the whole "but they're equal!" point out the window. If I really gave enough of a crap, I could go break down other statistics and probably find the same results.

But those are skewered stats just like the "pats haven't faced a winning team all year" argument. You realize that if the Pats lose to the Broncos or the Jets, then those teams are winning teams. So if you're going to skewer stats, at least do it evenly. If you're going to take out the Giants and 49ers in this little example, you need to take out what they do to the records of the rest of the teams as well.

Even then, regardless of how tough the divisions are (or aren't) the 49ers are 8-2 outside of their division, playing the NFCE and the vaunted AFCN that put had 3 playoff births. The Giants are 6-4 outside their division.

Here's a fun fact: the Giants are the only playoff team besides the Broncos to have a net point total in below 0. They finished the year at -6.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:16 AM

I was referring to your past few seasons as under achieving that's why there was such a quick turn around. you guys had the talent but the coaching was horrible. now that you have a coach that's not a total failure you are showcasing that talent with a number 2 seed.

Right. It has nothing to do with the fact that Harbaugh is an outstanding coach, its that he is "not a total failure". Quit trying to diminish what he's done, it doesn't work well logically and makes you look like an ***. I already agreed though that Simpletary was and still is a colossal failure and should never be in charge of anything.

TheEnigma
01-22-2012, 10:32 AM

NFCE
Eagles 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

NCFW
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 2-14

NFCE - 21-27

NFCW - 17-31

NFCE

NFCW

But those are skewered stats just like the "pats haven't faced a winning team all year" argument. You realize that if the Pats lose to the Broncos or the Jets, then those teams are winning teams. So if you're going to skewer stats, at least do it evenly. If you're going to take out the Giants and 49ers in this little example, you need to take out what they do to the records of the rest of the teams as well.

Even then, regardless of how tough the divisions are (or aren't) the 49ers are 8-2 outside of their division, playing the NFCE and the vaunted AFCN that put had 3 playoff births. The Giants are 6-4 outside their division.

Here's a fun fact: the Giants are the only playoff team besides the Broncos to have a net point total in below 0. They finished the year at -6.
Uhm, it was purely a division comparison. You think I seriously left out the outside divisional games on purpose? The point I was making is that the divisions aren't as even as some people are making them out to be. While the 49ers still have a great defense, it's helped a bit by the putrid offenses the rest of your division fields every sunday. Romo and a healthy Vick both are better than any QB in your division and those two aren't as good as Eli this year. This is also going to help your secondary statistics as well.

Here's a few fun facts: In the regular season, none of the NFCW teams (including 49ers) got past 16th overall in total offensive yards per game. Arizona was your best at 324.5 ypg at the 19th spot while St. Louis was your worst at 283.6 ypg at the 32nd spot. Meanwhile, Washington was our worst at 336.7 ypg at 16th while Philadelphia was our best at 399.1 at 4th place. So this also lets us know that your division doesn't only fail at scoring points but they have issues moving the ball as well.

3rd down percentages...

NFCE
Philadelphia: 42% (9th)
Dallas: 39% (11th)
New York 37% (14th)
Washington: 37% (15th)

NFCW
Seattle: 34% (24th)
Arizona: 32% (29th)
San Francisco: 29% (31st)
St. Louis: 28% (32nd)

Though I probably skewered something there, didn't I? These are simply what the stats tell us. Either you can accept the fact that your division with the exception of your own team is still a league below ours or we can trade stats all morning long and tell each other that we're being biased! Your choice.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:32 AM

Some fans kill me. Literally, this is hilarious. IF you didn't turn the ball over, yes, you probably would have won (not one). Or if there were no injuries for you guys you might have won. If the 49ers had called a different play they might have won by even more. If Gore was healthy we could have pounded our ground game. If Ted Ginn would have caught the bloody pass we would have scored more. If Coughlin was was gay he probably wouldn't be coaching in the NFL.

The fact is that you did turn the ball over because our D is a great D and great at forcing turnovers and taking the ball away. Just like your team is great at getting YACs, ours is great at creating turnovers.

Why did you just quote me when everything you said was directed toward lcra0825?? I never said the word won in my post so your were referring to lcra0825 there. Also I never said if the giants had done this or that. I said with no turnovers the giants will win by 14 points. So once again why were you quoting me??

OrangeGiant
01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
All these stats and records and comparison don't mean jack. None of it. It doesn't matter who the Giants played or who SF played. It doesn't matter what their records are, what their defenses are rated or what their offenses are rated.</P>

All that matters is who plays the better game today. Who makes less mistakes. Who wants it more. None of this other stuff is going to matter. GB was 15-1 and now they are sitting at home making tee times. Drew Brees had arguably the greatest season for a QB ever, at least as far as passing yards. That offense and GB's offense were unstoppable, right? All the stats, the records, they didn't mean anything.</P>

We can sit here all day and compare coaches, offenses, defenses, whatever. It doesn't matter. It's one game and no matter how great you played all year, or didn't play, the team who plays better today moves on. You can't predict it, you can't use stats to justify who you think will win. It comes down to who executes, who makes plays when they are there to be made, who turns it over the least, and who wants it more.</P>

That's it.</P>

</P>

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:36 AM

Why did you just quote me when everything you said was directed toward lcra0825?? I never said the word won in my post so your were referring to lcra0825 there. Also I never said if the giants had done this or that. I said with no turnovers the giants will win by 14 points. So once again why were you quoting me??

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM

NFCE
Eagles 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

NCFW
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 2-14

NFCE - 21-27

NFCW - 17-31

NFCE

NFCW

Uhm, it was purely a division comparison. You think I seriously left out the outside divisional games on purpose? The point I was making is that the divisions aren't as even as some people are making them out to be. While the 49ers still have a great defense, it's helped a bit by the putrid offenses the rest of your division fields every sunday. Romo and a healthy Vick both are better than any QB in your division and those two aren't as good as Eli this year. This is also going to help your secondary statistics as well.

Here's a few fun facts: In the regular season, none of the NFCW teams (including 49ers) got past 16th overall in total offensive yards per game. Arizona was your best at 324.5 ypg at the 19th spot while St. Louis was your worst at 283.6 ypg at the 32nd spot. Meanwhile, Washington was our worst at 336.7 ypg at 16th while Philadelphia was our best at 399.1 at 4th place. So this also lets us know that your division doesn't only fail at scoring points but they have issues moving the ball as well.

3rd down percentages...

NFCE
Philadelphia: 42% (9th)
Dallas: 39% (11th)
New York 37% (14th)
Washington: 37% (15th)

NFCW
Seattle: 34% (24th)
Arizona: 32% (29th)
San Francisco: 29% (31st)
St. Louis: 28% (32nd)

Though I probably skewered something there, didn't I? These are simply what the stats tell us. Either you can accept the fact that your division with the exception of your own team is still a league below ours or we can trade stats all morning long and tell each other that we're being biased! Your choice.

More competitive? Outside of the 1 win the Cardinals are lacking to
have an equal record, they are pretty close with Dallas and the
Seachickens have the same record as the Eagles. If you want to
cherrypick I can do that too.

If you remove the bottom feeders
of the division (I mean, you removed the top of the division for your example, why not remove the bottom too), meaning the Redskins for the NFCE and the Rams for the
NFCW, then the NFCW is clearly more competitive. It gives them 3 more
wins than the NFCE. NFCW &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; NFCE. I haz proved it.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM

another point no one is bringing up
is that the 49 ers got 5 turnovers and barely one the game. If the 49ers
dont get any turnovers, I dont think their winning. The giants would
have one the last match if we didnt have the turnovers

If you think no ones brining this up you haven't been reading these
boards lately lol. The saints put up 27 ppg on the road and still
somehow put up 32 even with 5 turnovers. No turnovers and we win by 14
at least.

Some fans kill me. Literally, this is
hilarious. IF you didn't turn the ball over, yes, you probably would
have won (not one). Or if there were no injuries for you guys you might
have won. If the 49ers had called a different play they might have won
by even more. If Gore was healthy we could have pounded our ground game.
If Ted Ginn would have caught the bloody pass we would have scored
more. If Coughlin was was gay he probably wouldn't be coaching in the
NFL.

The fact is that you did turn the ball over because our D
is a great D and great at forcing turnovers and taking the ball away.
Just like your team is great at getting YACs, ours is great at creating
turnovers.

Why did you just quote me when everything you said was directed toward
lcra0825?? I never said the word won in my post so your were referring
to lcra0825 there. Also I never said if the giants had done this or
that. I said with no turnovers the giants will win by 14 points. So once
again why were you quoting me??

I do appologise. You weren't the one with the "ifs", I mean to quote
just lcra0825. He was the one saying "if this" then the Giants would
have won.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
All these stats and records and comparison don't mean jack. None of it. It doesn't matter who the Giants played or who SF played. It doesn't matter what their records are, what their defenses are rated or what their offenses are rated.</p>

All that matters is who plays the better game today. Who makes less mistakes. Who wants it more. None of this other stuff is going to matter. GB was 15-1 and now they are sitting at home making tee times. Drew Brees had arguably the greatest season for a QB ever, at least as far as passing yards. That offense and GB's offense were unstoppable, right? All the stats, the records, they didn't mean anything.</p>

We can sit here all day and compare coaches, offenses, defenses, whatever. It doesn't matter. It's one game and no matter how great you played all year, or didn't play, the team who plays better today moves on. You can't predict it, you can't use stats to justify who you think will win. It comes down to who executes, who makes plays when they are there to be made, who turns it over the least, and who wants it more.</p>

That's it.</p>

</p>

This is true. In the end, nothing matters but whats on that scoreboard at the end of the game. I just try my best to educate the ignorant.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:59 AM

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 11:02 AM

Why did you just quote me when everything you said
was directed toward lcra0825?? I never said the word won in my post so
your were referring to lcra0825 there. Also I never said if the giants
had done this or that. I said with no turnovers the giants will win by
14 points. So once again why were you quoting me??

Why did you just quote me when everything you said
was directed toward lcra0825?? I never said the word won in my post so
your were referring to lcra0825 there. Also I never said if the giants
had done this or that. I said with no turnovers the giants will win by
14 points. So once again why were you quoting me??

What the hell?

Spizi
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM

at least.

NFL.

turnovers.

have won.

Oh it's all good man. and has sorry about that I was in a bad cell area so it posted like 8 times haha

Spizi
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM

at least.

NFL.

turnovers.

have won.

Oh it's all good man. and ha sorry about that I was in a bad cell area so it posted like 8 times haha

wow it just did it again!

TheEnigma
01-22-2012, 11:32 AM

of the division (I mean, you removed the top of the division for your example, why not remove the bottom too), meaning the Redskins for the NFCE and the Rams for the
wins than the NFCE. NFCW >>>>> NFCE. I haz proved it.
Would of, could of, should of! All you're really saying there is, "B-but, the records are close!". The records aren't even the main focus of my argument so we can ignore that if you wish.

Ok...you realize that you are the San Francisco 49ers and we are the New York Giants, right? That was the entire point in removing our teams so we could get a better look at our division and the 6 games we played against them. You don't add your own teams stats to get a look at the competition you faced in your own division...

Oh, darling, you did request stats from outside the division games, right? I have them just for you!

San Francisco's opponents

PF

AFC North - 1265

Tampa Bay - 287

Detroit - 474

NFC East - 1447

NFC West - 826

TOTAL = 4299

PA

AFC North - 1123

Tampa Bay - 494

Detroit - 387

NFC East - 1442

NFC West - 1070

TOTAL = 4516

TYPG

AFC North - 329.925

Tampa Bay - 319.2

Detroit - 396.1

NFC East - 374.1

NFC West - 303.96

Average = 344.657

3rd down %

AFC North - 40.75%

Tampa Bay - 37%

Detroit - 36%

NFC East - 38.75%

NFC West - 31.3%

Average = 36.76%

Giants opponents

PF

AFC East - 1591

Green Bay - 560

New Orleans - 547

NFC East - 1053

NFC West - 1206

TOTAL = 4957

PA

AFC East - 1452

Green Bay - 359

New Orleans - 339

NFC East - 1042

NFC West - 1299

TOTAL = 4491

TYPG

AFC East - 352.175

Green Bay - 405.1

New Orleans - 467.1

NFC East - 370.33

NFC West - 305.7

Average = 380.081

3rd down %

AFC East - 36.5%

Green Bay - 48%

New Orleans - 57%

NFC East - 39.33%

NFC West - 30.75%

TOTAL = 42.316%

There it is. The Giants competition has managed to score many more points, gain more yards per game, have a higher 3rd down percentage, and allow less points overall. If you think I'm "skewering" the stats for my own argument, feel free to do the math yourself.

jomo
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
More competitive? Outside of the 1 win the Cardinals are lacking to have an equal record, they are pretty close with Dallas and the Seachickens have the same record as the Eagles. If you want to cherrypick I can do that too.

If you remove the bottom feeders of the division (I mean, you removed the top of the division for your example, why not remove the bottom too), meaning the Redskins for the NFCE and the Rams for the NFCW, then the NFCW is clearly more competitive. It gives them 3 more wins than the NFCE. NFCW &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; NFCE. I haz proved it.
Would of, could of, should of! All you're really saying there is, "B-but, the records are close!". The records aren't even the main focus of my argument so we can ignore that if you wish. Ok...you realize that you are the San Francisco 49ers and we are the New York Giants, right? That was the entire point in removing our teams so we could get a better look at our division and the 6 games we played against them. You don't add your own teams stats to get a look at the competition you faced in your own division... Oh, darling, you did request stats from outside the division games, right? I have them just for you! San Francisco's opponents PF AFC North - 1265 Tampa Bay - 287 Detroit - 474 NFC East - 1447 NFC West - 826 TOTAL = 4299 PA AFC North - 1123 Tampa Bay - 494 Detroit - 387 NFC East - 1442 NFC West - 1070 TOTAL = 4516 TYPG AFC North - 329.925 Tampa Bay - 319.2 Detroit - 396.1 NFC East - 374.1 NFC West - 303.96 Average = 344.657 3rd down % AFC North - 40.75% Tampa Bay - 37% Detroit - 36% NFC East - 38.75% NFC West - 31.3% Average = 36.76% Giants opponents PF AFC East - 1591 Green Bay - 560 New Orleans - 547 NFC East - 1053 NFC West - 1206 TOTAL = 4957 PA AFC East - 1452 Green Bay - 359 New Orleans - 339 NFC East - 1042 NFC West - 1299 TOTAL = 4491 TYPG AFC East - 352.175 Green Bay - 405.1 New Orleans - 467.1 NFC East - 370.33 NFC West - 305.7 Average = 380.081 3rd down % AFC East - 36.5% Green Bay - 48% New Orleans - 57% NFC East - 39.33% NFC West - 30.75% TOTAL = 42.316% There it is. The Giants competition has managed to score many more points, gain more yards per game, have a higher 3rd down percentage, and allow less points overall. If you think I'm "skewering" the stats for my own argument, feel free to do the math yourself.That's alot of work Enigma but in the end way too much info. From an analytical standpoint an NFL season is way too short with too many variables (injuries, changes in lineup and schemes, new personnel, inside/outside games. weather in general) to draw any real conclusions.</P>

What does matter most is how the teams have played over the past few weeks. That is the only thing which speaks to the here and now of today's game. A victory over the Ravens in week 4 or a win over the Pats in week 8 etc. is pretty much meaningless in terms of how the team will play today. I love our chances. Go Blue!!</P>

TheEnigma
01-22-2012, 11:49 AM
So simple but oh so wise Jomo. While we certainly can't discredit what the 49ers have done this point in their season, I'm simply pointing out that both teams did not have some equal path or set of trials to get them where they are now. The stats clearly show that our opposition was much harder overall. What I do know and like about our chances the most is how our defense has played in recent weeks. This defense has only allowed 20 points in 2 games (more like 6 since we know those two GB TD's were bogus) and combine that with the 49ers offense, I feel pretty confident in our chances to win. Nonetheless, it'll be a close game around in the high teens or low twenties. Either team by a FG or TD. Go Giants!!!

jomo
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
So simple but oh so wise Jomo. While we certainly can't discredit what the 49ers have done this point in their season, I'm simply pointing out that both teams did not have some equal path or set of trials to get them where they are now. The stats clearly show that our opposition was much harder overall. What I do know and like about our chances the most is how our defense has played in recent weeks. This defense has only allowed 20 points in 2 games (more like 6 since we know those two GB TD's were bogus) and combine that with the 49ers offense, I feel pretty confident in our chances to win. Nonetheless, it'll be a close game around in the high teens or low twenties. Either team by a FG or TD. Go Giants!!!That is the truth and playing the best always does prepare you better for the challenges that lay aheadin the playoffs.........and yes we played a much tougher schedule. It's just that you can't always make that case with the numbers..........feeling pretty good right now and ready to rock the bay area! Go Giants!!

Easy-Duz-It
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM

5. We are at home.

2. wrong. eli eats the blitz for breakfast. he's actually one of the best passers in the league against the blitz.

3. which two phases would that be?

4. harbaugh>coughlin? is that a joke. hey buddy, you need to accomplish something before you're considered among the greats of all time. you guys haven't accomplished anything more than a nice season to this point, and couglin is one of the greats of all time.

try again.

Voldamort
01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Great pts. DragonSoul

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM

5. We are at home.

2. wrong. eli eats the blitz for breakfast. he's actually one of the best passers in the league against the blitz.

3. which two phases would that be?

4. harbaugh&gt;coughlin? is that a joke. hey buddy, you need to accomplish something before you're considered among the greats of all time. you guys haven't accomplished anything more than a nice season to this point, and couglin is one of the greats of all time.

try again.

He said pressured, not blitzed, big big difference.

Oh, and the two phases would be defense and special teams. The 49ers are better than the Giants in those two areas.

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM

wins than the NFCE. NFCW &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; NFCE. I haz proved it.
Would of, could of, should of! All you're really saying there is, "B-but, the records are close!". The records aren't even the main focus of my argument so we can ignore that if you wish.

Ok...you realize that you are the San Francisco 49ers and we are the New York Giants, right? That was the entire point in removing our teams so we could get a better look at our division and the 6 games we played against them. You don't add your own teams stats to get a look at the competition you faced in your own division...

Oh, darling, you did request stats from outside the division games, right? I have them just for you!

PF

AFC North - 1265

Tampa Bay - 287

Detroit - 474

NFC East - 1447

NFC West - 826

TOTAL = 4299

PA

AFC North - 1123

Tampa Bay - 494

Detroit - 387

NFC East - 1442

NFC West - 1070

TOTAL = 4516

TYPG

AFC North - 329.925

Tampa Bay - 319.2

Detroit - 396.1

NFC East - 374.1

NFC West - 303.96

Average = 344.657

3rd down %

AFC North - 40.75%

Tampa Bay - 37%

Detroit - 36%

NFC East - 38.75%

NFC West - 31.3%

Average = 36.76%

Giants opponents

PF

AFC East - 1591

Green Bay - 560

New Orleans - 547

NFC East - 1053

NFC West - 1206

TOTAL = 4957

PA

AFC East - 1452

Green Bay - 359

New Orleans - 339

NFC East - 1042

NFC West - 1299

TOTAL = 4491

TYPG

AFC East - 352.175

Green Bay - 405.1

New Orleans - 467.1

NFC East - 370.33

NFC West - 305.7

Average = 380.081

3rd down %

AFC East - 36.5%

Green Bay - 48%

New Orleans - 57%

NFC East - 39.33%

NFC West - 30.75%

TOTAL = 42.316%

There it is. The Giants competition has managed to score many more points, gain more yards per game, have a higher 3rd down percentage, and allow less points overall. If you think I'm "skewering" the stats for my own argument, feel free to do the math yourself.

All you did with all that lovey time consuming research is prove my point. The opponents the NFCW have played have scored less than the ones that the NFCE has, but they've also allowed way less points than the opponents the NFCE has played. They've given up more yards but allowed less yards. the only difference is the 3rd down percentage which is but a few percentage points.

Look, you started this whole trying to discount the fact that the NFCE and the (lowly) NFCW have the same record by taking away the Giants and Niners from the equation and looking at the records. Well you could take away the Redskins and Rams from the divisions and do the same thing.

My points remains the same and it is a face whether you chose to admit it or not, the NFCW and NFCE have the same records and are not dissimilar in term of competitiveness by very much if at all. The AFCS and the AFCW have become the dysfunctional divisions of the NFL.

At any rate, I'm done here. Its obvious you will never change your mind that "the NFC West suckzzzz". Good luck with that

TheEnigma
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
All you did with all that lovey time consuming research is prove my point. The opponents the NFCW have played have scored less than the ones that the NFCE has, but they've also allowed way less points than the opponents the NFCE has played. They've given up more yards but allowed less yards. the only difference is the 3rd down percentage which is but a few percentage points.

Look, you started this whole trying to discount the fact that the NFCE and the (lowly) NFCW have the same record by taking away the Giants and Niners from the equation and looking at the records. Well you could take away the Redskins and Rams from the divisions and do the same thing.

My points remains the same and it is a face whether you chose to admit it or not, the NFCW and NFCE have the same records and are not dissimilar in term of competitiveness by very much if at all. The AFCS and the AFCW have become the dysfunctional divisions of the NFL.
At any rate, I'm done here. Its obvious you will never change your mind that "the NFC West suckzzzz". Good luck with that
15 minutes is time consuming? News to me really. Assuming you are using just my stats and not some of your own, that's only for the opponents of the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants. I didn't break down any other teams from our divisions. Of course, the NFCW teams should naturally have less points scored against them in their divisional games due to the fact the best QB in your division is none other than Alex Smith. Whoopie. Sure, there's a running game but it's well known that the more potent offenses score a lot due to having a great passing attack.

And again, either you are trolling me with this argument about the Redskins and Rams and joke is on me or you just don't have the brain power to comprehend my point. We're COMPARING...our...competition. The 49ers don't play the 49ers and the Giants don't play the Giants. We're looking at the path each team had to travel to get to this point in the postseason.

Your point is still wrong no matter how much you love to point to those precious wins and losses. By the first half of the season, everyone and their grandmother knew the 49ers were going to win the West. That wasn't the case with the Giants. As we all know, the division winner wasn't decided until the final game. One could argue that the Eagles were tremendously underwhelming this season and by watching their play at the end, they were also pretty damn good.

The Cardinals have what going on? A vastly overrated QB that the rest of the world knew about in Kolb?

What of the Seahawks? Pete Carroll isn't shabby but that offense is hilarious.

Do I need to even mention the Rams?

Of course you're done here because you have no point to your argument other than W-L when an intelligent person knows it's not that simple. Heck, I even went and filled out your request of doing the team stats and there's a HUGE disparity in the Points For and Points Against categories.

You know what? Keep thinking that the NFCW is on the level of the NFCE. Whatever helps you feel better about your division as a whole.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 03:18 PM

wins than the NFCE. NFCW >>>>> NFCE. I haz proved it.

PF

AFC North - 1265

Tampa Bay - 287

Detroit - 474

NFC East - 1447

NFC West - 826

TOTAL = 4299

PA

AFC North - 1123

Tampa Bay - 494

Detroit - 387

NFC East - 1442

NFC West - 1070

TOTAL = 4516

TYPG

AFC North - 329.925

Tampa Bay - 319.2

Detroit - 396.1

NFC East - 374.1

NFC West - 303.96

Average = 344.657

3rd down %

AFC North - 40.75%

Tampa Bay - 37%

Detroit - 36%

NFC East - 38.75%

NFC West - 31.3%

Average = 36.76%

Giants opponents

PF

AFC East - 1591

Green Bay - 560

New Orleans - 547

NFC East - 1053

NFC West - 1206

TOTAL = 4957

PA

AFC East - 1452

Green Bay - 359

New Orleans - 339

NFC East - 1042

NFC West - 1299

TOTAL = 4491

TYPG

AFC East - 352.175

Green Bay - 405.1

New Orleans - 467.1

NFC East - 370.33

NFC West - 305.7

Average = 380.081

3rd down %

AFC East - 36.5%

Green Bay - 48%

New Orleans - 57%

NFC East - 39.33%

NFC West - 30.75%

TOTAL = 42.316%

There it is. The Giants competition has managed to score many more points, gain more yards per game, have a higher 3rd down percentage, and allow less points overall. If you think I'm "skewering" the stats for my own argument, feel free to do the math yourself.Nice job. This is normally what I use to do back in the day, but once those fans have the glasses on, it still turns out wrong. So no matter how you break it down, its never good enough.

But very nicely done.