PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin III

SmashmouthD
11-26-2011, 10:50 PM
He is light years better than Andrew Luck.
Ive seen them both play.

myles2424
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Uuuuh

greenca190
11-27-2011, 01:21 AM
I really don't see this "sure thing" that Andrew Luck is, but I don't see much in Griffin either.

jax5338
11-27-2011, 02:12 AM
I really don't see this "sure thing" that Andrew Luck is, but I don't see much in Griffin either.

if you ask me. luck is far from a "sure thing." he's a very good player, but when i watch him, i see a more mobile sam bradford. i really dont see what all the hype is about. ive seen parts of 3 games this year that i could watch, and he doesnt WOW me as much as some other guys ive seen. why is everybody so sold on this kid? i think hell make a pretty good NFL QB, but they are already calling him the second coming of peyton manning. why? i just dont see it.

titwio
11-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Griffin is a stud for sure but he's not the prospect Luck is in that Luck plays in a pro-style offense and is text book as far as making all the throws and reads an NFL QB makes....and he's smart too. Give Luck a Justin Blackmon or a Robert Woods and watch what the guy does.

Griffin has all the talent in the world but he doesn't have the size of a prototypical QB and is still considered pretty raw as far as a prospect. I like Griffin a lot too and I think he'll end up moving up the draft boards pretty fast next year with all the teams looking QB. I'd def take him over a guy like Landry Jones but.....

As far an NFL QB prospect goes....None are better than Luck IMHO.

SmashmouthD
11-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I like Matt Barkley over both of them.

1. Barkley
2. Griffin
3. Luck

nycsportzfan
11-27-2011, 12:13 PM
He is light years better than Andrew Luck.
Ive seen them both play.Lucks been down a bit on his game lately is the problem so everyones changing there minds now on who they like because Barkley and Griffin are playing insane but Luck is still extremely good and i have Barkley by a nose over him but that could change again by Draft time I like all 3 better then landry Jones

BlueSanta
11-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Nobody is a sure thing. I believe Luck is the best prospect. However, its a pretty strong Qb class at the top. Griffin was a guy who has done nothing but impress me. He has shown the accuracy that makes good NFL QBs. Barkley is also a good pro prospect and then a notch blow is Jones, who is still a good prospect.

What stinks is we can virtually guarantee 1 of these 4 good prospects will be a Redskin next year.

tonyt830
11-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I think Luck and Barkley have an advantage somewhat by playing in pro style offenses. But I do like what I see from Griffin III.

Redeyejedi
11-27-2011, 05:09 PM

if you ask me. luck is far from a "sure thing." he's a very good player, but when i watch him, i see a more mobile sam bradford. i really dont see what all the hype is about. ive seen parts of 3 games this year that i could watch, and he doesnt WOW me as much as some other guys ive seen. why is everybody so sold on this kid? i think hell make a pretty good NFL QB, but they are already calling him the second coming of peyton manning. why? i just dont see it.
Go to my Youtube page and click playlist I have 10 games of Andrew Luck on there 5 of Robert Griffin
http://www.youtube.com/user/JMPasq#g/p

Redeyejedi
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Anyone that follows the Draft check out my Youtube pages JPDraftjedi SEC or Jmpasq.2012 Draft Film Room thread has a ton of videos on the first page. Also check out www.Draftbreakdown the draft site im affiliated with

Spizi
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM

This is why:
- he has all the intangibles
- he has all the production
- he has all the physical attributes

Those 3 things equal success at any position.

Look at busts like Leaf and Russel. They didn't have the Intangibles. Then you have guys like Manning who had all three and he is one of the best QBs to ever play.

Spizi
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone that follows the Draft check out my Youtube pages JPDraftjedi SEC or Jmpasq.2012 Draft Film Room thread has a ton of videos on the first page. Also check out www.Draftbreakdown the draft site im affiliated with

Watch your videos all the time. Seriously thank you for taking the time to put them up.

smashndash715
11-30-2011, 01:28 PM
rg3 from week 1 against tcu has shown he is an absolute beasssssst..im a notre dame fan but i love watching baylor play..system is different in standford..but i think rg3 still has a chance to be a real good nfl qb..and people that say that hes too small..hes 6'2 220..and can run..drew brees is 6 foot and i think he is doing just fine for himself

Spizi
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
rg3 from week 1 against tcu has shown he is an absolute beasssssst..im a notre dame fan but i love watching baylor play..system is different in standford..but i think rg3 still has a chance to be a real good nfl qb..and people that say that hes too small..hes 6'2 220..and can run..drew brees is 6 foot and i think he is doing just fine for himself

Yea I would say Brees is doing pretty well lol

Redeyejedi
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
rg3 from week 1 against tcu has shown he is an absolute beasssssst..im a notre dame fan but i love watching baylor play..system is different in standford..but i think rg3 still has a chance to be a real good nfl qb..and people that say that hes too small..hes 6'2 220..and can run..drew brees is 6 foot and i think he is doing just fine for himselfIf RG3 is to small then so is Barkley

smashndash715
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
rg3 from week 1 against tcu has shown he is an absolute beasssssst..im a notre dame fan but i love watching baylor play..system is different in standford..but i think rg3 still has a chance to be a real good nfl qb..and people that say that hes too small..hes 6'2 220..and can run..drew brees is 6 foot and i think he is doing just fine for himselfIf RG3 is to small then so is Barkley

exactly...ppl are crazy if they dont believe in rg3 cause his size

SmashmouthD
12-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Case Closed

Heisman Baby !

titwio
12-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Case Closed

Heisman Baby !

Doesn't mean he's better than Luck but the trophy was well deserved. He had a great year.

Things are really going to heat up come combine time about who the second QB taken off the board will be.

I think Griffin is going to end up taking that slot over Barkley.

tonyt830
12-11-2011, 12:38 AM
there have been many Heisman winning QBs that have not panned out in the NFL or even made the NFL.</P>

</P>

But Griffin III may make a splash and was deserving of the award this year, congrats!</P>

</P>

</P>

NYfanatic
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I think RG3 is just a more accurate Mike Vick with the good character
and the ability to read a defense. The only thing I think could happen
is because of his size and most likely have to scramble for his first
few years most likely on a bad team with a bad oline (fins/skins?) and
that could cause him to be roughed up a but too much for him to take.
Though he could be a Scrambling Drew Brees for all we know. Somewhat
comparable to Dnabb?/randall cunningham? as well.

thegreatone
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Lol you guys are funny. What's protyoe qb size? 6'4 230ish? What's rg, 6'2 220ish? At least that's what I think he's listed we won't know for sure till combine

Rg is an amazing prospect and I think there is a slight chance a team could try and move up for him and take him over luck. Doubt it but you never know.

titwio
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Lol you guys are funny. What's protyoe qb size? 6'4 230ish? What's rg, 6'2 220ish? At least that's what I think he's listed we won't know for sure till combine

I mentioned size being in Luck's favor when talking about the two as (prospects) in the eyes of NFL scouts.....Taking nothing away from Griffin....or Barkley. I felt the need to make the discrepancy between who the more prototypical QB was in the eyes of GM's and scouts... "prototypical" the word that usually comes up when franchises are deciding their franchise leaders....WR's, RB's, QB's....etc...

thegreatone
12-13-2011, 11:02 AM

I mentioned size being in Luck's favor when talking about the two as (prospects) in the eyes of NFL scouts.....Taking nothing away from Griffin....or Barkley. I felt the need to make the discrepancy between who the more prototypical QB was in the eyes of GM's and scouts... "prototypical" the word that usually comes up when franchises are deciding their franchise leaders....WR's, RB's, QB's....etc...still when you see someone like RG3, who has the IT factor, and is 2 inches and 10 pounds away from prototypical its really not a factor. Imo he will go top 5 to either miami or wash(god i hope not). would love to see him go to KC

titwio
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM

I mentioned size being in Luck's favor when talking about the two as (prospects) in the eyes of NFL scouts.....Taking nothing away from Griffin....or Barkley. I felt the need to make the discrepancy between who the more prototypical QB was in the eyes of GM's and scouts... "prototypical" the word that usually comes up when franchises are deciding their franchise leaders....WR's, RB's, QB's....etc...still when you see someone like RG3, who has the IT factor, and is 2 inches and 10 pounds away from prototypical its really not a factor. Imo he will go top 5 to either miami or wash(god i hope not). would love to see him go to KC

Really don't want him in the NFC East....Much rather see the Redskins take Barkley. The thought of what Griffin could do for the Skins is outright scary....

thegreatone
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM

Really don't want him in the NFC East....Much rather see the Redskins take Barkley. The thought of what Griffin could do for the Skins is outright scary....same here brother. it would be mcnabb all over again except i think he'll torture us even more. wash has some good young recievers and helu seems to be coming on nicely. give shanahan a qb of rg3 caliber and they will be extremely dangerous. please take barkley wash!