PDA

View Full Version : 5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

nycsportzfan
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?

Here are mine(not in any paticular order)

Overrated
Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m= I really like em last yr but soured on em this past season as he was so inaccurate at times and the decison making was brutal way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th i'd probably think diffrently but hes talked about as a 1st rounder and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC= Heres a guy with big potential but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy.. To risky in my opinion and judged on what i seen on the field i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10 and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range... Football is a game played on emotion and energy and i don't see that enough outta coples

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust.. I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ... Just simply to risky with his head case persona and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m= Not all my overrated players are from the first round .. Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp and i just can't get it outta my mind.. I can't remember what 2games it was i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2 and it was so bad i actually posted about it.. I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there.. I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB and most got em in the 3rd rd range with some having 2nd rounder for him.. I'd perfer not even to draft the guy let alone in the 2nd round!

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson= I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol Sure hes solid against the Rush but is way to quiet to often and Clemson's D was dreadful way to often to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook .. No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really on a terrible defense is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy= This kids insanley good! Like 1st round good! He dosen't have elite speed so some people think hes like a 3rd round pick which is insane! This kids good against the pass and run and makes plays! Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition.. I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on and takes him in RD 1 or at worst Early RD 2.. I'd take hayward over Alfonzo Dennard all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise St= A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long.. I think that highly of martin.. I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs). All i know is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa= I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class and u rarley hear about em.. I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better.. He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr. He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St= I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class and i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd.. Hes not the biggest safety but is a enforecer in CF that can fly.. He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential.. I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss st= This dudes crazy strong! I got Cox as the 2nd best DT in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose).. Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro! I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
I remember Tannehill being the third round prospect where he belongs. Him moving up has more to do with predicting team's haste more than abilities as Barkley and Landry [who I would have added to the list] are going back to the school. That also leads to Robert Griffin. I think he will be a good NFL quarterback, but I don't see the top ten pick in him. It's also just easier to reach with picks now that there won't be the outrageous contracts to handcuff teams.

LaMichael James. Oregon moved the ball just fine without him. There are some teams where their system will indeed utilize him the way he's meant to be used, but again, that's a greater testament to the people around him. I don't see the Giants being one of them.

Spizi
01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
*Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?**

Overrated
Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m=* I really like em last yr* but soured on em this past season as* he was so inaccurate at times*** and the decison making was brutal** way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th***** i'd probably think diffrently** but hes talked about as a 1st rounder*** and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall*** which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC=* Heres a guy with big potential**** but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough*** especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy..* To risky in my opinion** and judged on what i seen on the field**** i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10** and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range...* Football is a game played on emotion and energy** and i don't see that enough outta coples

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust..* I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ...* Just simply to risky with his head case persona** and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m=** Not all my overrated players are from the first round ..* Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp** and i just can't get it outta my mind..* I can't remember what 2games it was*** i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2***** and it was so bad i actually posted about it..* I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there..* I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB*** and most got em in the 3rd* rd range* with some having 2nd rounder for him..* I'd perfer not even to draft the guy** let alone in the 2nd round!

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson=** I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol** Sure hes solid against the Rush*** but is way to quiet to often* and Clemson's** D was dreadful way to often* to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook ..* No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really* on a terrible defense*** is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol* I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy=* This kids insanley good!*** Like 1st round good!* He dosen't have elite speed so some people* think hes like a 3rd round pick** which is insane!* This kids good against the pass and run*** and makes plays!** Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition..* I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on* and takes him in RD 1* or at worst*** Early RD 2..* I'd take hayward over* Alfonzo Dennard* all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins** who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise St=** A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now* and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long..* I think that highly of martin..*** I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs).* All i know* is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!*

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa=* I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class* and* u rarley hear about em..* I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better..* He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr.* He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St=** I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class**** and* i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd..** Hes not the biggest safety** but is a enforecer in CF that can fly..* He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential..* I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss st=** This dudes crazy strong!*** I got Cox as the 2nd best* DT* in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose)..* Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro!** I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox?

deekay7685
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
martin only weakness and a big one (for the giants) is that he is not a good blocker.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2012, 03:29 AM

Overrated
Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m= I really like em last yr but soured on em this past season as he was so inaccurate at times and the decison making was brutal way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th i'd probably think diffrently but hes talked about as a 1st rounder and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC= Heres a guy with big potential but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy.. To risky in my opinion and judged on what i seen on the field i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10 and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range... Football is a game played on emotion and energy and i don't see that enough outta coples

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust.. I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ... Just simply to risky with his head case persona and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m= Not all my overrated players are from the first round .. Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp and i just can't get it outta my mind.. I can't remember what 2games it was i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2 and it was so bad i actually posted about it.. I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there.. I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB and most got em in the 3rd rd range with some having 2nd rounder for him.. I'd perfer not even to draft the guy let alone in the 2nd round!

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson= I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol Sure hes solid against the Rush but is way to quiet to often and Clemson's D was dreadful way to often to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook .. No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really on a terrible defense is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy= This kids insanley good! Like 1st round good! He dosen't have elite speed so some people think hes like a 3rd round pick which is insane! This kids good against the pass and run and makes plays! Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition.. I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on and takes him in RD 1 or at worst Early RD 2.. I'd take hayward over Alfonzo Dennard all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise St= A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long.. I think that highly of martin.. I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs). All i know is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa= I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class and u rarley hear about em.. I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better.. He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr. He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St= I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class and i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd.. Hes not the biggest safety but is a enforecer in CF that can fly.. He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential.. I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss st= This dudes crazy strong! I got Cox as the 2nd best DT in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose).. Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro! I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox? I watch the games and watch video's that REDEYE puts up and i read up on the prospects.. A little bit of everything.. Cox is a straight animal! Go to the Draft Film thread and first post is all the tape and find COX VS S CAROLINA.. It gives u a good idea at what kinda player he is.. Hes gonna be a freaking beast in the pros!

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I would love for the 49ers to get McNutt.

Think about it, the starting offense would consist of McNutt, Crabs, and VD.

slipknottin
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM

dude go away. this forum is not for 9ers fans to discuss who they want.

Spizi
01-23-2012, 02:38 AM
*Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?**

Overrated
Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m=* I really like em last yr* but soured on em this past season as* he was so inaccurate at times*** and the decison making was brutal** way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th***** i'd probably think diffrently** but hes talked about as a 1st rounder*** and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall*** which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC=* Heres a guy with big potential**** but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough*** especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy..* To risky in my opinion** and judged on what i seen on the field**** i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10** and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range...* Football is a game played on emotion and energy** and i don't see that enough outta coples

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust..* I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ...* Just simply to risky with his head case persona** and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m=** Not all my overrated players are from the first round ..* Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp** and i just can't get it outta my mind..* I can't remember what 2games it was*** i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2***** and it was so bad i actually posted about it..* I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there..* I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB*** and most got em in the 3rd* rd range* with some having 2nd rounder for him..* I'd perfer not even to draft the guy** let alone in the 2nd round!

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson=** I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol** Sure hes solid against the Rush*** but is way to quiet to often* and Clemson's** D was dreadful way to often* to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook ..* No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really* on a terrible defense*** is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol* I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy=* This kids insanley good!*** Like 1st round good!* He dosen't have elite speed so some people* think hes like a 3rd round pick** which is insane!* This kids good against the pass and run*** and makes plays!** Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition..* I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on* and takes him in RD 1* or at worst*** Early RD 2..* I'd take hayward over* Alfonzo Dennard* all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins** who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise St=** A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now* and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long..* I think that highly of martin..*** I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs).* All i know* is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!*

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa=* I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class* and* u rarley hear about em..* I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better..* He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr.* He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St=** I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class**** and* i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd..** Hes not the biggest safety** but is a enforecer in CF that can fly..* He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential..* I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss st=** This dudes crazy strong!*** I got Cox as the 2nd best* DT* in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose)..* Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro!** I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox? I watch the games and watch video's that REDEYE puts up and* i read up on the prospects..* A little bit of everything..* Cox is a straight animal! Go to the Draft* Film thread and* first post is all the tape**** and find* COX VS S CAROLINA..** It gives u a good idea at what kinda player he is..** Hes gonna be a freaking beast in the pros!

thanks! i had no clue that all the vids were on the first page. i would always look at the last page. this is awesome!

critters
01-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I've seen Cox play a lot this year and he's an incredible player. With that said, I've seen him going in the first round in many mock drafts so I'm not sure if that makes him underrated.

I agree with you on Doug Martin, but I feel like his stock is going to shoot up as we get closer to the draft.

look@dafilm
01-24-2012, 01:03 AM

Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?

slipknottin
01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
[Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?

no, its a forum for GIANTS fans to discuss the prospects and who they want their team to draft.

Dont you have your own forum to post FA and draft stuff on? Surely that has to be a pretty hot topic since your season is over.

Bigg Bluee
01-24-2012, 03:03 AM
[Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?

no, its a forum for GIANTS fans to discuss the prospects and who they want their team to draft.

Dont you have your own forum to post FA and draft stuff on? Surely that has to be a pretty hot topic since your season is over.

I think he just understands how we have the most active and entertaining message board, and people can competently discuss sports. However, if we do not stop this, we are assuming the risk of this board becoming a giants/49ers hybrid board. No thanks.

BlueSanta
01-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Im gonna mention 2 dark horse picks for the Giants who fit our mold.

Ironically the 1st is <u>Darrell Scott</u> - RB USF. Wouldnt that be confusing, having Da'rel Scott and Darrell Scott on the same team. Wouldnt it also be fitting that we found another gem from USF.

But, in all honesty, that is not why I mention this player. I mention him because he is THAT good. Coming out of high school this kid was the #2 overal prospect in the country behind only Terrell Pryor. He was ahead of the likes of Julio Jones, Kyle Rudolph, Tryon Smith, Michael Brewster, Aaron Williams, etc etc etc. In 2007 he weighed 203 lbs and is on record for running a 4.32 at that weight.

Once in College they beefed him up to 240 lbs. He is a classy kid, smart and team oriented(u can look up some of his interviews). He xfered from Colorado to USF and had to sit out a year so he is under a lot of ppl's radar. But he is a beautiful power runner with a nasty cutback move. He is a decent reciever as well. The USF coaches LOVE this kid, much like they did Williams last year. It is unlikely that he can still run a 4.32 at 240 lbs but if this kid shows he still has some speed at the combine I would LOVE to see him join his former USF buddies here in NY. I mean it guys, this is my dark horse for all of the draft. This kid is gooooooooooood. He is a do it all rb and most people dont know his name. His coming out this year was a bit of a suprise to everyone because of the year he sat out while xfering.

Next I would mention an even lesser known prospect <u>Alfred Morris</u> RB out of FAU. He was a guy I saw in person play this past year. The offense he played for had very limmited weapons. Despite that, Alfred thrived. He was all defenses had to stop and many still had a hard time doing it.If you look up some of his highlights you will see a kid who never stops moving his legs and has the ability to get VERY low at impact. His little dip move reminds me a lot of the 1 frank Gore uses to eek out 2-3 extra yards at the end of the run. I think he is a good late round prospect. Reports had him as a good performer in the east west shrine game week too.

nycsportzfan
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I've seen Cox play a lot this year and he's an incredible player. With that said, I've seen him going in the first round in many mock drafts so I'm not sure if that makes him underrated.

I agree with you on Doug Martin, but I feel like his stock is going to shoot up as we get closer to the draft.
Ya The thing is guys like Doug martins stock is litterally going up by the day and i'm thinking hes underrated because hes just as good and possibly better then guys like David Wilson and Lamar miller who have consistently been thought to be higher draft picks and better players.. As far as Fletcher Cox theres still plenty of people who have him as a 2nd rder( he'd be a huge steal!) and i happen to think hes better then Brockers and is pretty much toe to toe with Devon Still as the best DT in the entire class! So with that thinking hes underrated.. Underrated means totally diffrent things with the draft prospects depending on where there being talked about being taken and what not.. Cox and martin are both guys who could be taken where i think there deserving of by the time the draft is here but at the time of this thread being started they weren't..

critters
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Im gonna mention 2 dark horse picks for the Giants who fit our mold.

Ironically the 1st is <u>Darrell Scott</u> - RB USF. Wouldnt that be confusing, having Da'rel Scott and Darrell Scott on the same team. Wouldnt it also be fitting that we found another gem from USF.

But, in all honesty, that is not why I mention this player. I mention him because he is THAT good. Coming out of high school this kid was the #2 overal prospect in the country behind only Terrell Pryor. He was ahead of the likes of Julio Jones, Kyle Rudolph, Tryon Smith, Michael Brewster, Aaron Williams, etc etc etc. In 2007 he weighed 203 lbs and is on record for running a 4.32 at that weight.

Once in College they beefed him up to 240 lbs. He is a classy kid, smart and team oriented(u can look up some of his interviews). He xfered from Colorado to USF and had to sit out a year so he is under a lot of ppl's radar. But he is a beautiful power runner with a nasty cutback move. He is a decent reciever as well. The USF coaches LOVE this kid, much like they did Williams last year. It is unlikely that he can still run a 4.32 at 240 lbs but if this kid shows he still has some speed at the combine I would LOVE to see him join his former USF buddies here in NY. I mean it guys, this is my dark horse for all of the draft. This kid is gooooooooooood. He is a do it all rb and most people dont know his name. His coming out this year was a bit of a suprise to everyone because of the year he sat out while xfering.

Next I would mention an even lesser known prospect <u>Alfred Morris</u> RB out of FAU. He was a guy I saw in person play this past year. The offense he played for had very limmited weapons. Despite that, Alfred thrived. He was all defenses had to stop and many still had a hard time doing it.If you look up some of his highlights you will see a kid who never stops moving his legs and has the ability to get VERY low at impact. His little dip move reminds me a lot of the 1 frank Gore uses to eek out 2-3 extra yards at the end of the run. I think he is a good late round prospect. Reports had him as a good performer in the east west shrine game week too.

I've wondered about Darrell Scott. I think he's a dark horse for good reason and I'm not really sure why he chose to enter the draft after the year he had (which I considered to be less than impressive). Outside of the FA&amp;M game, he only had 2 rushing TDs on the year. I guess the advisory board gave him decent news. I also can't imagine a team purposely bulking him up to 240 lbs. I had assumed he was just a guy with a bad work ethic, if the coaches did that to him, I'll give him some more credit and wonder wtf they were thinking. If he shows up at his pro day, has shed some pounds, and shows some decent speed... I could handle taking him in a later round.

Unless he really impresses at the combine, I don't see Alfred Morris getting drafted.

I like UT's Tauren Poole as a guy flying under the radar more than both.

BlueSanta
01-24-2012, 05:23 PM

I agree Poole is a good player. I would not say he is flying under the radar though. I think plenty know of his ability.

Shockeyitus
01-24-2012, 07:27 PM

I agree Poole is a good player. I would not say he is flying under the radar though. I think plenty know of his ability.
</P>

other guys that might be interesting are.... </P>

Daniel "Boom" Herron, RB - Ohio State... monster junior year. Then fell off due to injuries, no Terrell Pryor and no coaching. </P>

Olivier Vernon, DE- The U... huge upside and extremely talented. Great Sophemore year, then got suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident. </P>

DaJohn Harris, DT - USC... Quick off the ball and always seemed to be in the backfield.... </P>

Shockeyitus
01-24-2012, 07:30 PM

</P>

other guys that might be interesting are.... </P>

Daniel "Boom" Herron, RB - Ohio State... monster junior year. Then fell off due to injuries, no Terrell Pryor and no coaching. </P>

Olivier Vernon, DE- The U... huge upside and extremely talented. Great Sophemore year, then got suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident. </P>

DaJohn Harris, DT - USC... Quick off the ball and always seemed to be in the backfield.... </P>

</P>

I also like</P>

Jerry Franklin, ILB - Arkansas.... hard hitter with good speed and could be a fantastic pick up in round 4-5.</P>

nycsportzfan
01-24-2012, 11:30 PM

</p>

other guys that might be interesting are.... </p>

Daniel "Boom" Herron, RB - Ohio State... monster junior year. Then fell off due to injuries, no Terrell Pryor and no coaching. </p>

Olivier Vernon, DE- The U... huge upside and extremely talented. Great Sophemore year, then got suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident. </p>

DaJohn Harris, DT - USC... Quick off the ball and always seemed to be in the backfield.... </p>

</p>

I also like</p>

Jerry Franklin, ILB - Arkansas.... hard hitter with good speed and could be a fantastic pick up in round 4-5.</p> Ya Jerry Franklin could end up being a versatile player for a nfl team possibly playing SLB in a 4/3 with ability to push over to the middle or vice versa.. Franklin is very talented

critters
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
I watched Franklin a lot this year and he's a guy I've really got my eye on in the draft as well. Big guy that shows decent speed and a good nose for the ball. He's also a redshirt senior, which I really like.

Another guy from Arkansas I've had my eye on is Joe Adams. When this guy gets some space he can make things happen. Really quick and gets off the line really fast.

critters
01-25-2012, 12:16 PM

He was running behind an atrocious offensive line this year which kept his numbers down. He may not be "under the radar" but he's going to drop more than he would have had he been running behind even an average SEC OL.

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 12:41 PM

lmao crabs and VD.....can never get sick of that (or could you [;)])

nycsportzfan
01-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Overrated
Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&amp;m= I really like em last yr but soured on em this past season as he was so inaccurate at times and the decison making was brutal way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th i'd probably think diffrently but hes talked about as a 1st rounder and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&amp;m= Not all my overrated players are from the first round .. Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp and i just can't get it outta my mind.. I can't remember what 2games it was i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2 and it was so bad i actually posted about it.. I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there.. I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB and most got em in the 3rd rd range with some having 2nd rounder for him.. I'd perfer not even to draft the guy let alone in the 2nd round!

Underrated

doug martin continues to impress at the sr bowl and is showing to be the complete RB that he looked like during the season getting pass catches in routes against LB's mcclellin and Cole and cole was said to be very good so far which is even better that martin beat him.. Also mcnutt and hayward have gotten good reviews so far this sr bowl.. Heres a couple reports on mcnutt and martin from today

"One receiver who had an impressive day was Iowa's Marvin McNutt. He won
his first receiving rep by beating Oklahoma cornerback Jamell Fleming on
a dig route. Fleming got some revenge by getting by a block from McNutt
later on, but the big wideout played well in the team scrimmage. "

"Boise State running back Doug Martin had a solid practice. In the
one-on-ones he burned college teammate McClellin on a corner post route.
Martin ran a deep post to get separation on North Carolina State
linebacker Audie Cole for another catch. "

THE_New_York_Giants
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
I think the most underrated guy in the draft is Case Keenum. I saw a lot of his games over the past few years and the dude could possibly be a fantastic QB. I would love to see the Giants grab him if he's there in the 5th round.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 03:20 AM

Again Dragon, for you

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
<u>Overrated

</u>1) Zebrie Sanders (OT, FSU) There is a lot I do not like about how this kid plays the game and about his toughness. And this, comming from a guy who went to FSU.

2) Alshon Jeffery(WR Clemson). I toyed with the idea of putting the entire Wr class as overrated, because I do not think it is a very good 1. But, I decided against it because there are some nice talents at the top for sure. Jeffery is a guy who is the 5th rated WR, and I have some concerns with his game. He is a big physical guy who catches it well. He blocks very well on the outside too. But where is the acceleration? I want to see him run a the combine because there are times he just looks slow to me. I watch highlights where the Qb has to scramble around avoiding dlinement just to give AJ enough time to get downfield. In a way, he reminds me of Barden when he came out. Th difference being nobody had him as a 1st rounder. It was tougher to tell with barden because the level of competition wasnt there, but I saw a lot of the same thing. A guy who had a hard time getting a step and if he did get a half step, often couldnt keep it.

3) Andre Branch (DE, Clemson) This is a tough 1 for me because I do not want to sound too down on this kid. He has some good things about him, I just dont like him as high as many others do. A) I see him very inconsistent off the ball. Quick 1 play, slow the next. Often, he appears much slower off the line than Brandon Thompson. B) He didnt go against very many good tackles this year. Couple that with his fishy excuses for missing the senior bowl(see "E") and its hard to evaluate him C) Clemson's offense was so prolific, teams tried to match their ability to score. Branchs sack numbers were inflated a bit because he had SO many chances to pin his ears back. D) He played next to Brandon Thompson. 1 of the top DT prospects. This meant he didnt face many double teams which also inflate his numbers a bit. E) Senior bowl shenanigans. Branch supposedly missed the weigh in because of issues getting there due to "bad weather." Then on day 2 when he wasnt there his camp said he had a groin issue. Well, which is it? If it was your groin, why not give measurables? F) lastly, there is the bad Orange bowl tape vs West Virginia. WVA spent way more effort trying to block Thompson on the inside and Branch should have shined.Instead, he got schooled 1v1 all day and his play really broke down and he looked lost. In his defense , I think Clemsons defensive coordinator is on par with Bill Sheridan, but still I want to see a guy, especially a supposed team leader like Branch, not give up like that.

4)Vontaze Burfict. I agree with others who think boom or bust. If you watch his 2010 tape, he is a top 15 pick. If you watch his 2011 tape he belongs in a mental institution. I just have a hard time picking anyone early in the draft who's college team told him he isnt welcome back for his senior year.

5) Marquis maze (wr bama) - When a guy not known for his height comes in 2 inches shorter than listed and appears chunky, then spends 3 days at the senior bowl whining how he got screwed in the measurement(huh? how does that even happen?) It irks me. His level of immaturity was on showcase all week of the senior bowl and I do not like short, fat, whiney, immature WRs...sorry Mr Maze.

<u>Underrated</u>

1) Andrew Datko(Left Tackle FSU) - Sat out a great deal of this season with shoulder issues. Tried to have them scoped but it didnt take. More detailed 2nd surgery should solve the problem. What boggles my mind is how anyone could watch FSU at all in recent years and have Zebrie Sanders ranked HIGHER than Datko, even considering Datko's injuries. The Injuries will have Datko dropping to the mid/late rounds, this kid was once a shoe in 1st rounder. If docs get a good look at him and think he is recovered, he is a good pick. I watched him a lot in college go against some very good players, and the only 1 I ever saw get the better of him is on the Giants right now wearing #90.

2) LaMichael James. There are RBs I like more, but I still like James more where some have him. People keep saying "he doesnt have the size to be a full time RB." and I agree with them. The problem is , hardly any NFL teams even use a full time RB anymore. We all know how good he is in space, but I believe he is underrated as an interior runner too. He is a matchup nightmare out of the backfield for defenses as well. Guys like Warrick Dunn, Darren Sproles, Dave Meggett, Eric Metcalf(thats right I went oldschool 2x), and even Tiki Barber(minus the mouth) belong(ed) in this league for a reason. Right now, LJ is a better prospect than any 1 of those guys was coming out of college.

3) Devon Still(DT Psu). All he does is disrupt. He has rare power and scouts have him going mid/ late in the 1st round to early 2nd. That baffles my mind. I see a top 10 pick.

4) Jayron Hosley (cb VT) I said above I wasnt fond of this years Wr crop. Well, it is the exact opposite for CBs. I see 5 guys who could be 1st rounders in most years. People seem to be talking a lot about Kirkpatrick, Heyward, Jenkins, and Clayborne, and deservedly so they are all good.But, with some of those guys falling pray to character concerns some teams may begin to look closer at Hosley's tape,I think they will like what they see. A ballhawk who plays bigger than his size and covers well in all schemes. As long as he doesnt come to the combine smaller than his listed size, I expect him to be a late riser. An excellent punt returner as well.

5) Brandon Thompson (DT Clemson) As I said above, Branch gets all the acclaim. But I truly believe a large part of his success is because of the inside threat of Thompson. I watch the tape and it is Brandon, not branch who is lightning quick off the snap. Its Thompson, not Branch who is getting double teamed. I think his technique has room to grow, but his 1st step is an explosion. There was a lot of chatter about how much Coples dominated the senior bowl week. However, a couple scouts noted that Thompson was every bit as dominant as Coples.

Hon mention - Eddie Whitley (FS, VT) I like him. I know his stats arent fantastic but I think that has as much to do with how VT uses him as anything. He often plays man cover like a corner which takes away some of his safty tackle numbers. He does tackle well and, by all accounts, a fantastic leader. I like his versatility and his contributions to special teams. Giants always seem to pursue hard nosed versatile DBs.

critters
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Hahaha. Please point out where Maze was complaining about his measurement. That just sounds ridiculous. It's not exactly based on opinion. I would say anyone who would put him in the first 5 rounds, that's overrated... but I could see him as a 6th or 7th round pick even if it was just to be a return guy.

I have the same concerns with Alshon.. BUT, I've watched him play so many times and even when secondaries are focusing on him he just finds a way to get the ball. He's put up better than numbers than AJ Green and Julio Jones despite horrible qb play. It's weird... he doesn't look very quick and seems to have an average AT BEST top speed but he just gets the job done somehow. He's one of the guys I'm most interested in seeing at the combine.

Raptor22
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
This is off topic, and I'm sorry about that. However, this troll "look@dafilm" needs to get gone.

Putting a gif of a player desperately trying to get back in the Superbowl after tearing his ACL as your signature is of the lowest class, and absolutely galling.

If you want to be a bitter jackass, do it on your own board.

Just.
Leave.

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Hahaha. Please point out where Maze was complaining about his measurement. That just sounds ridiculous. It's not exactly based on opinion. I would say anyone who would put him in the first 5 rounds, that's overrated... but I could see him as a 6th or 7th round pick even if it was just to be a return guy.

I remember reading it in a couple places, during the senior bowl week. However right now the only 1 have been able to find is from Draftbreakdown.com (http://draftbreakdown.com) 's daily updates of the senior bowl.

Here are 2 quotes:

day 1 notes at the weigh in..

"WR Marquis Maze UA -No tone at all, clearly dislikes the weight room"

Day 2....

"I have huge redflags about Marquis Maze. I spoke with him and he
was still complaining about his height measurement. 28 hours later, you
just got done with an exhausting practice and youíre still complaining
about your height measurement? Címon man! If thereís something you
should be complaining about, itís your (over)weight. Okay, thatís
probably the meanest Iíll ever be to a prospect because I hate judging
the character of people that I donít know well. Still, I think he has
some growing up to do at the next level."

critters
02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
That's funny. Maze never appeared to be pudgy to me, but maybe he celebrated a little too much after the BCSCG and couldn't work out because of his hamstring. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to complain about. Sorry bro, you're small.

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
That's funny. Maze never appeared to be pudgy to me, but maybe he celebrated a little too much after the BCSCG and couldn't work out because of his hamstring. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to complain about. Sorry bro, you're small.

So wait, you ask for a link and get it and I am now small? He is 5'7 186 lbs, that isnt ideal size at all. I noted his immaturity too, with a backup link. You ignore that too? Sounds like your a blind bama fan.

How about the fact that he was 2.5 inches shorter than his listed Alabama height of 5'10 and 7 pounds heavier....you ok with that too?

Am I small for thinking that size, fitness and maturity matter in the NFL? If so, then I guess I am small.

If you disagree with me, feel free to make an argument. But claiming these things dont matter and " I am small" for thinking they do just make you look like a Bama homer.

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
This is off topic, and I'm sorry about that. However, this troll "look@dafilm" needs to get gone.

Putting a gif of a player desperately trying to get back in the Superbowl after tearing his ACL as your signature is of the lowest class, and absolutely galling.

If you want to be a bitter jackass, do it on your own board.

Just.
Leave.

I agree. I dont mind other fans on the board, as long as they are at least constructive posters. I think this guy should get the boot.

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
<u>Overrated

</u>1) Zebrie Sanders (OT, FSU) There is a lot I do not like about how this kid plays the game and about his toughness. And this, comming from a guy who went to FSU.

2) Alshon Jeffery(WR Clemson). I toyed with the idea of putting the entire Wr class as overrated, because I do not think it is a very good 1. But,* I decided against it because there are some nice talents at the top for sure. Jeffery is a guy who is the 5th rated WR, and I have some concerns with his game. He is a big physical guy who catches it well. He blocks very well on the outside too. But where is the acceleration? I want to see him run a the combine because there are times he just looks slow to me. I watch highlights where the Qb has to scramble around avoiding dlinement just to give AJ enough time to get downfield. In a way, he reminds me of Barden when he came out. Th difference being nobody had him as a 1st rounder. It was tougher to tell with barden because the level of competition wasnt there, but I saw a lot of the same thing. A guy who had a hard time getting a step and if he did get a half step, often couldnt keep it.

3) Andre Branch (DE, Clemson) This is a tough 1 for me because I do not want to sound too down on this kid. He has some good things about him, I just dont like him as high as many others do. A) I see him very inconsistent off the ball. Quick 1 play, slow the next. Often, he appears much slower off the line than Brandon Thompson.* B) He didnt go against very many good tackles this year. Couple that with his fishy excuses for missing the senior bowl(see "E") and its hard to evaluate him C)* Clemson's offense was so prolific, teams tried to match their ability to score. Branchs sack numbers were inflated a bit because he had SO many chances to pin his ears back. D) He played next to Brandon Thompson. 1 of the top DT prospects. This meant he didnt face many double teams which also inflate his numbers a bit. E)* Senior bowl shenanigans. Branch supposedly missed the weigh in because of issues getting there due to "bad weather." Then on day 2 when he wasnt there his camp said he had a groin issue. Well, which is it? If it was your groin, why not give measurables? F) lastly, there is the bad Orange bowl tape vs West Virginia. WVA spent way more effort trying to block Thompson on the inside and Branch should have shined.Instead, he got schooled 1v1 all day and his play really broke down and he looked lost. In his defense , I think Clemsons defensive coordinator is on par with Bill Sheridan, but still I want to see a guy, especially a supposed team leader like Branch, not give up like that.

4)Vontaze Burfict. I agree with others who think boom or bust. If you watch his 2010 tape, he is a top 15 pick. If you watch his 2011 tape he belongs in a mental institution. I just have a hard time picking anyone early in the draft* who's college team told him he isnt welcome back for his senior year.

5) Marquis maze (wr bama) - When a guy not known for his height comes in 2 inches shorter than listed and appears chunky, then spends 3 days at the senior bowl whining how he got screwed in the measurement(huh? how does that even happen?) It irks me. His level of immaturity was on showcase all week of the senior bowl and I do not like short, fat, whiney, immature WRs...sorry Mr Maze.

<u>Underrated</u>

1) Andrew Datko(Left Tackle FSU) - Sat out a great deal of this season with shoulder issues. Tried to have them scoped but it didnt take. More detailed 2nd surgery should solve the problem. What boggles my mind is how anyone could watch FSU at all in recent years and have Zebrie Sanders ranked HIGHER than Datko, even considering Datko's injuries.* The Injuries will have Datko dropping to the mid/late rounds, this kid was once a shoe in 1st rounder. If docs get a good look at him and think he is recovered, he is a good pick. I watched him a lot in college go against some very good players, and the only 1 I ever saw get the better of him is on the Giants right now wearing #90.

2) LaMichael James. There are RBs I like more, but I still like James more where some have him. People keep saying "he doesnt have the size to be a full time RB." and I agree with them. The problem is , hardly any NFL teams even use a full time RB anymore. We all know how good he is in space, but I believe he is underrated as an interior runner too. He is a matchup nightmare out of the backfield for defenses as well. Guys like Warrick Dunn, Darren Sproles, Dave Meggett,* Eric Metcalf(thats right I went oldschool 2x), and even Tiki Barber(minus the mouth) belong(ed) in this league for a reason. Right now, LJ is a better prospect than any 1 of those guys was coming out of college.

3) Devon Still(DT Psu). All he does is disrupt. He has rare power and scouts have him going mid/ late in the 1st round to early 2nd. That baffles my mind. I see a top 10 pick.

4) Jayron Hosley (cb VT) I said above I wasnt fond of this years Wr crop. Well, it is the exact opposite for CBs. I see 5 guys who could be 1st rounders in most years. People seem to be talking a lot about Kirkpatrick, Heyward, Jenkins, and Clayborne, and deservedly so they are all good.But, with some of those guys falling pray to character concerns some teams may begin to look closer at Hosley's tape,I think they will like what they see. A ballhawk who plays bigger than his size and covers well in all schemes. As long as he doesnt come to the combine smaller than his listed size, I expect him to be a late riser. An excellent punt returner as well.

5) Brandon Thompson (DT Clemson) As I said above, Branch gets all the acclaim. But I truly believe a large part of his success is because of the inside threat of Thompson. I watch the tape and it is Brandon, not branch who is lightning quick off the snap. Its Thompson, not Branch who is getting double teamed. I think his technique has room to grow, but his 1st step is an explosion. There was a lot of chatter about how much Coples dominated the senior bowl week. However, a couple scouts noted that Thompson was every bit as dominant as Coples.

Hon mention - Eddie Whitley (FS, VT) I like him. I know his stats arent fantastic but I think that has as much to do with how VT uses him as anything. He often plays man cover like a corner which takes away some of his safty tackle numbers. He does tackle well and, by all accounts, a fantastic leader. I like his versatility and his contributions to special teams. Giants always seem to pursue hard nosed versatile DBs.

Ive been watching Zebrie the last couple days and his tape is not worth the hype.Teams are just so desperate for Tackles

BlueSanta
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Ive been watching Zebrie the last couple days and his tape is not worth the hype.Teams are just so desperate for Tackles

I dont get he hype either. Is it because he is physically fit for a big guy? FSU's offensive line play this past year was as bad as any d1 school. It was largely due to injury, but Sanders stunk no matter who was lined up around him.

The only kid worth a damn on that line is Datko and he was injured this year. Bobby Hart will some day be a stud, but he was only 16 years old at the start of the season. The kid hasnt even had his drivers license a year, so he gets a pass. But Sanders... I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. At least, not where some have him projected.

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Just a great post,ALL IN!!

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 09:42 PM
guy i think is underrated is kelechi osemele from iowa state..he could help the o-line imo.

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 09:44 PM
zebrie sanders from fsu as well at tackle

critters
02-13-2012, 02:43 PM

So wait, you ask for a link and get it and I am now small? He is 5'7 186 lbs, that isnt ideal size at all. I noted his immaturity too, with a backup link. You ignore that too? Sounds like your a blind bama fan.

How about the fact that he was 2.5 inches shorter than his listed Alabama height of 5'10 and 7 pounds heavier....you ok with that too?

Am I small for thinking that size, fitness and maturity matter in the NFL? If so, then I guess I am small.

If you disagree with me, feel free to make an argument. But claiming these things dont matter and " I am small" for thinking they do just make you look like a Bama homer.

No no no... I was referring to Maze. He is complaining about his measurements and I'm saying "sorry bro, you're small." What a ridiculous thing for a player to complain about. Sorry for the confusion. Your points were valid, I was laughing about Maze.