PDA

View Full Version : Which prevails 0-14 or 4-0?

BigBlueFan15
01-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Prior to this season 14 teams have beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in the playoffs then went on the road the following week. Those teams are 0-14...

Coming into this season the NY Giants have played in 4 NFC Championship games. Their record is 4-0...

Tomorrows NFC Championship game features two NY Giants teams: 1. That will become the 15th team in history to go on the road after beating the Super Bowl Champs (in the playoffs) and 2. The 5th Giants team to play in the NFC Championship.

History tells us the Giants can't lose but have no shot to win. My opinion? A team having a 5 win streak isn't unheard of - good teams losing 15 in a row is unbelievable. Gmen win extending one streak and snapping another.

Go Big Blue! ALL IN

miked1958
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Prior to this season 14 teams have beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in the playoffs then went on the road the following week. Those teams are 0-14...

Coming into this season the NY Giants have played in 4 NFC Championship games. Their record is 4-0...

Tomorrows NFC Championship game features two NY Giants teams: 1. That will become the 15th team in history to go on the road after beating the Super Bowl Champs (in the playoffs) and 2. The 5th Giants team to play in the NFC Championship.

History tells us the Giants can't lose but have no shot to win. My opinion? A team having a 5 win streak isn't unheard of - good teams losing 15 in a row is unbelievable. Gmen win extending one streak and snapping another.

Go Big Blue! ALL IN
I heard this stat put a little different in another thread.

In the other it said that in history when someone knocked out a SB champ they were 0-14 in next game.. Nothing about going on Road. I don't think there has been that many SB champs that lost and then the team that beat them had to go on Road next week. But maybe the stat is true which gives us another one to break.

Anyway in 1990 your 2 time champion SF team was going for a 3Peat and playing at home in the NFCCG. They were beaten by the NY Giants. That was not a 1 time but a 2 time SB champ getting knocked out.

Oh and what did the Giants do in their next game? Went out and won the SB over Buffalo

gmen0820
01-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Trends are stupid

NY_Eli
01-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Trends are stupid

+1 Different teams, different outcomes. The rest is coincidence.

Diamondring
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Trends are stupidBut can end or start though.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Prior to this season 14 teams have beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in the playoffs then went on the road the following week. Those teams are 0-14... Coming into this season the NY Giants have played in 4 NFC Championship games. Their record is 4-0... Tomorrows NFC Championship game features two NY Giants teams: 1. That will become the 15th team in history to go on the road after beating the Super Bowl Champs (in the playoffs) and 2. The 5th Giants team to play in the NFC Championship. History tells us the Giants can't lose but have no shot to win. My opinion? A team having a 5 win streak isn't unheard of - good teams losing 15 in a row is unbelievable. Gmen win extending one streak and snapping another. Go Big Blue! ALL IN</P>

history means nothing....</P>

</P>

IamGiantsfan
01-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Go Big Blue! ALL IN
I heard this stat put a little different in another thread.

In the other it said that in history when someone knocked out a SB champ they were 0-14 in next game.. Nothing about going on Road. I don't think there has been that many SB champs that lost and then the team that beat them had to go on Road next week. But maybe the stat is true which gives us another one to break.

Anyway in 1990 your 2 time champion SF team was going for a 3Peat and playing at home in the NFCCG. They were beaten by the NY Giants. That was not a 1 time but a 2 time SB champ getting knocked out.

Oh and what did the Giants do in their next game? Went out and won the SB over Buffalo
he forgot to mention that the superduper bowl wasn't included

BigBlueFan15
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Hey Miked1958 - Its not my 1990 2 time champion SF team - I'm a Giants fan. I have the Giants going in SF and breaking that 0-14 streak.

chasjay
01-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Trends are stupidBut can end or start though.

Which is why they are called "trends" instead of absolutes. I absolutely believe that - I'm not just trending that way

miked1958
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey Miked1958 - Its not my 1990 2 time champion SF team - I'm a Giants fan. I have the Giants going in SF and breaking that 0-14 streak.
Sorry cant tell the trolls from the whole bunch of new NY fans all enrolling together

Mohann
01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Sorry cant tell the trolls from the whole bunch of new NY fans all enrolling together

Yeah, the trolls have been brutal and out in huge numbers.

AntB
01-21-2012, 02:37 PM
The best team will win.