PDA

View Full Version : I heard on Sirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 11:50 AM
It will never dry out

Firenugget
01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

Personally I'd like to see a good old fashioned mud fight. I haven't seen one in years.

Ruttiger711
01-21-2012, 12:10 PM
It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

Personally I'd like to see a good old fashioned mud fight. I haven't seen one in years.
</P>

Filthy away white jerseys with a hard fought win to the superbowl... would be great...</P>

..with Eli's gleaming white at the final whistle of course. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM
It's going to be worse when Vernon Davis is crying after the game

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 03:40 PM

Yes it does matter, your team gets to play and practice in that cesspool all year long, and get used to it
It also could cause injuries when a falling player lands on another.......admittedly there should be less ankle and knee injuries as the limbs will naturally slip and not stick and twist.

You have to use different balance techniques on a slippery surface.....David Deihl was talking about this on his Sirius Radio show Tuesday night. We will still likely put a good whooping on you because of the talent disparity........ but if you cannot afford a decent playing surface and Stadium the league should relocate your team to LA or something

5 Lombardy's and no money????? Silicon Valley???? Whats up with all the poverty?

No dis-respect or anything but the Stadium we just tore down would have been a big upgrade for you guys....You would think you played in Buffalo or something. Our Offense is high powered and might not perform as well in a mud bowl...likely wont. Will cut into our highlight reels LOL

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 03:46 PM
It will never dry out

It's been raining hard all night long. In fact, it's still raining hard.

bflo23
01-21-2012, 03:47 PM
It will never dry out

There is a misconception that slippery &amp; sloppy field favors the defense. High winds favors the defense but sloppy field favors the offense. It is much difficult for a corner to cover a receiver like Nicks and Cruz because they can't cut as fast and keep up. Even Joe Theismann on NFL Network said that he always believed that sloppy field favors the offense when he played.

AntB
01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
The Giants are well trained to play with snorkels and even prepare with scuba gear. TC has them ready for any situation at all times.

AntB
The Giants are well trained to play with snorkels and even prepare with scuba gear. TC has them ready for any situation at all times.

repeatchamps

Yes it does matter, your team gets to play and practice in that cesspool all year long, and get used to it
It also could cause injuries when a falling player lands on another.......admittedly there should be less ankle and knee injuries as the limbs will naturally slip and not stick and twist.

You have to use different balance techniques on a slippery surface.....David Deihl was talking about this on his Sirius Radio show Tuesday night. We will still likely put a good whooping on you because of the talent disparity........ but if you cannot afford a decent playing surface and Stadium the league should relocate your team to LA or something

5 Lombardy's and no money????? Silicon Valley???? Whats up with all the poverty?

No dis-respect or anything but the Stadium we just tore down would have been a big upgrade for you guys....You would think you played in Buffalo or something. Our Offense is high powered and might not perform as well in a mud bowl...likely wont. Will cut into our highlight reels LOL
</P>

I am pretty sure he is not a 49er fan Jakk. Check his avatar.</P>

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
oh well my sentiments still apply two hell holes I never like to play in are that one and the StupidDome

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Good luck tommorow Giant fans. No sour grapes here, hope you win.

milesaway19
01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
They dont practice on the same kinda surface as candlestick. Their headquarters which is where their practice facility is, is about 45 minutes south of candlestick. Trust me theyll be just as used to the conditions as you guys.

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 04:15 PM
lol your doomed

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
not true, they have a grass field at the practice facility

miked1958
01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Just trying to duplicate what you guys were able to do last season with all the major injuries you guys had and still won SB.

We are only half way there so far

Firenugget
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM

wait..so now it rains there all season long? What are you talking about? Not to mention 1/2 their games are away games... Or that at minimum 4 of those games are in a dome....

dsd28
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
candlestick park is NOT below sea level

"It is a common misconception that the field is below sea level, but in actuality, it is almost 14 feet above sea level."

http://www.city-data.com/articles/Candlestick-Park-San-Francisco.html

"The field is 13.75' above sea-level, refuting the myth that the playing surface is under sea-level."

http://www.49ers.com/stadium/facts-trivia.html

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Just trying to duplicate what you guys were able to do last season with all the major injuries you guys had and still won SB.

We are only half way there so far
I think you guys will do it. Really any of the three teams left you guys can beat easily.

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
candlestick park is NOT below sea level

"It is a common misconception that the field is below sea level, but in actuality, it is almost 14 feet above sea level."

http://www.city-data.com/articles/Candlestick-Park-San-Francisco.html

"The field is 13.75' above sea-level, refuting the myth that the playing surface is under sea-level."

http://www.49ers.com/stadium/facts-trivia.html

you can be above sea level and still have zero drainage.....they do a perc test if you want to build a house on swampy land.....I'll bet you that place failed the perc test and they built it anyay

The whole building is probably slowly sinking into the muck of the bay.........I'll be happy to take any sort of victory, pray no Giants player gets injured, and move on to a real stadium in Indy.

I really hate playing this team, always have, always will..........they will get the calls too, count on it

Vegas is even further under water....... on Giants fans that came out tot Vegas last summer when the Giants were listed (get this) as 200-1 to win the SB. In 1986 we were 15-1, in 2007 we were 20-1

one guy I heard put 100,000 on the Giants to win the SB at 200-1

yoeddy
01-21-2012, 09:22 PM
It will never dry out

It's been raining hard all night long. In fact, it's still raining hard.

It doesn't rain hard on the west coast...it drizzles...

Fortyniners
01-21-2012, 09:58 PM
No, the calls have honestly not gone the way of the 49ers this year.

However, I will admit, the Giants got absolutely SCREWED last week in GB, with the refs essentially spotting the Pukers two TD's and they still got blown out. It honestly should have been 44-6 or something like that.

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Lol, you ever been to the Bay Area or Seattle or Portland? It ****ing pours.

jjj45
01-21-2012, 11:00 PM
lol your doomeddude your avatar is priceless! With the rainbow background and everything. lol you San Fran fans.

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 11:05 PM
lol your doomeddude your avatar is priceless! With the rainbow background and everything. lol you San Fran fans.

I liked it too, hopefully Eli finds out what it's like to be loved like a woman tomorrow. Then again, he could be checking out some of our bars and finding out tonight.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 11:08 PM

I liked it too, hopefully Eli finds out what it's like to be loved like a woman tomorrow. Then again, he could be checking out some of our bars and finding out tonight.

I cant see Eli frequenting the Castro

Weatherford ?.....now thats a different story

:)

Stan Laurel
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Well Weatherford should ask Teddy Ginn to show him around then. That's if Weatherford is into the soft with bad hands type.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM

Well Weatherford should ask Teddy Ginn to show him around then. That's if Weatherford is into the soft with bad hands type.

hahahahaha

thats actually really funny

chasjay
01-21-2012, 11:16 PM
My front lawn is below sea level - but my big screen is 4 or 5 feet above. Can't wait to see the Giants advance from down here in Saints' land.

Mohann
01-22-2012, 03:11 AM
My front lawn is below sea level - but my big screen is 4 or 5 feet above. Can't wait to see the Giants advance from down here in Saints' land.

That's cutting it a little close isn't it? Does your TV have pontoons?

Got Em Coach
01-22-2012, 03:14 AM
The game will be wet, rainy and windy. Also it'll be high tide when game time rolls around makin the field that much more soggy and a mud fest for both teams

yoeddy
01-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Lol, you ever been to the Bay Area or Seattle or Portland? It ****ing pours.

My sister lives in the Bay Area and my brother lives in Oregon. Have spent tons of time in both. What you guys consider it "pouring" out there is a drizzle out east. East coast gets hurricanes and such...