PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers inaccurate and receivers dropped 6-8 balls, why?

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both.

But if you noticed a couple times rodgers rushed his throws after he was hit.

Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.

buddy33
01-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Some where due to pressure, some where just bad throws, at least one was because of a hard hit, and some where not for huge gains anyway.

They had their drops, but the media blew it up as a reason they lost. Forget about the non call of helmet to helmet on Eli, the horrible call on Osi, the bad spot on the run by Ware, the fumble that wasn't, and the numerous holding calls Green Bay got away with. How about the Giants just flat out beat them from start to finish?

slipknottin
01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Giants won on the outside, forced rodgers to throw over the middle where he does not like to throw.

jomo
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both. But if you noticed a couple timesrodgers rushed his throws after he was hit. Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.Pressure might have been # 3 on the list unless you are referring to mental pressure. I think we did a great job of confusing Rodgers in changing up our coverages. We were also superb in not allowing him to find his rhythm. The drops were something which plagued them all year. Some guys can catch all the balls andothers just catch some of the balls. They were able to mask that flaw all year by overwhelming teams. No such luck with the Gmen.

GameTime
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both. But if you noticed a couple times rodgers rushed his throws after he was hit. Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.</P>

come on man....</P>

do you have to justify everything..</P>

The Pack played a sub par game. The Giants had something to do with that of course but there were things they failed at all on their own.</P>

That game is over an matters not anymore....</P>

</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Some where due to pressure, some where just bad throws, at least one was because of a hard hit, and some where not for huge gains anyway.

They had their drops, but the media blew it up as a reason they lost. Forget about the non call of helmet to helmet on Eli, the horrible call on Osi, the bad spot on the run by Ware, the fumble that wasn't, and the numerous holding calls Green Bay got away with. How about the Giants just flat out beat them from start to finish?That is why I am getting tired of the Media BS, and I am done being swayed by the regurgitation of a bunch of like minded lemmings.

I am done with those idiots. Funny thing is, they are worse then fans. Because when they are wrong 99% of the time they just move on like they had never said anything (Sapp, and i do like him in general), or that everyone thought that way so they are not in the wrong (Mark Moose Malouses)

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both. But if you noticed a couple times*rodgers rushed his throws after he was hit. Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.Pressure might have been # 3 on the list unless you are referring to mental pressure. I think we did a great job of confusing Rodgers in changing up our coverages. We were also superb in not allowing him to find his rhythm. The drops were something which plagued them all year. Some guys can catch all the balls and*others just catch some of the balls. They were able to mask that flaw all year by overwhelming teams. No such luck with the Gmen.Some were from mental pressure, some from actual pressure, and some just drops.

Actually the only 3 games they had drops from what i have heard was both of our games and KC. Two of those they lost. Not sure what happened in KC, and in our 1st game I felt it was more mental, but not as much pressure due to our front 7 getting on them.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both. But if you noticed a couple times rodgers rushed his throws after he was hit. Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.</P>

come on man....</P>

The Pack played a sub par game. The Giants had something to do with that of course but there were things they failed at all on their own.</P>

*</P>

*</P>Nope I just need to put something out there that has some semblance of the truth. While we got screwed by the refs in the first GB game, we had our chances to win it.

We even had a better chance to win in SF with all that we went through if it was not for KGS love for shotgun draws from the 3rd quarter and into the whole 4th quarter of the game.

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 01:12 PM
What was the deepest pass Aaron Rodgers attempted?

Off the top of my head, I remember the one deep pass where Jordy Nelson essentially had to play defense to keep Aaron Ross from picking it off.

nygfan7387
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't forget, the offensive coordinator losing his son probably put a psychological damper on the team as well...

NYG 5
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Don't forget, the offensive coordinator losing his son probably put a psychological damper on the team as well...*

Bollucks. The giants punched them in the face, and they never recovered.

DemandedAce
01-21-2012, 01:22 PM
As much as the media tried to say they neutralized our pass rush, they didn't. Just because he wasn't knocked down or anything for a while doesn't mean he wasn't harried, he still was getting the pocket collapsed on him and having guys reaching for him the whole game, it just didn't really start to break down 'till the end.

Strahan4gov
01-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Giants won on the outside, forced rodgers to throw over the middle where he does not like to throw.

This is absolutely, in my mind, the reason. Hes afraid to throw into traffic while under pressure.

cken
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
As much as the media tried to say they neutralized our pass rush, they didn't. Just because he wasn't knocked down or anything for a while doesn't mean he wasn't harried, he still was getting the pocket collapsed on him and having guys reaching for him the whole game, it just didn't really start to break down 'till the end.

Don't forget our front 4 getting mugged all game. Holding, holding, and more holding on JPP and Co.

netplus
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
1) Rodgers didn't play week 17 and had the bye week...too much time off. </P>

2) The Giants secondary did a good job bumping Green Bay’sreceivers at the line throwing their timing off.</P>

3) Pressure ...Osi's back, you can't double Tuck, JPP and Osi.</P>

~MOJORISIN~
01-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I do not know, but to me it looked like the pressure was a factor. Some was on the wrs, some on rodgers, some on both.

Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.frozen pee in his pants

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 01:53 PM
I am sure we will hear the same thing after Crabtree drops 3-4 passes. I do believe there were a few drops brought on by "alligator arms".

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I am sure we will hear the same thing after Crabtree drops 3-4 passes. I do believe there were a few drops brought on by "alligator arms".yea, people forgot about that disease.

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
My team hasnt played well ever since the Oakland game where we put up 46 points on them. The next week we lost to KC in Arrowhead and played very sloppy against Chicago and Detroit but still pulled out wins. I thought we would get to the Championship game or possibly the super bowl but I didnt think with the way we were playing that we would win it all. The loss has certainly humbled us in alot of ways.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
My team hasnt played well ever since the Oakland game where we put up 46 points on them. The next week we lost to KC in Arrowhead and played very sloppy against Chicago and Detroit but still pulled out wins. I thought we would get to the Championship game or possibly the super bowl but I didnt think with the way we were playing that we would win it all. The loss has certainly humbled us in alot of ways.If you recall our pm discussion. Did I not warn you in the pm that we could win big?

Btw you have a pm i sent you on this mb.

Roosevelt
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't forget, the offensive coordinator losing his son probably put a psychological damper on the team as well...

Whatever the case, that wasn't the Packs 'A' game.

Gianthunter
01-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Giants won on the outside, forced rodgers to throw over the middle where he does not like to throw.This

giantsfan420
01-21-2012, 02:13 PM

come on man....</P>

*</P>

*</P>

dude...stop being a pretentious *******. PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS WHAT THEY THINK HERE. seeing u call out people with absolutely no reason is getting real old. u've been doing this all week get over urself, ur not gods gift to football message boards.

granted i realize what i just did is what u've been doing, but u've been doing it to people who are merely expressing what they think about the game, i just did it to a person whose acting superior to others. u dont like what some one posted, cool. it should end there, no one needs u "baby sitting" them

DemandedAce
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't forget, the offensive coordinator losing his son probably put a psychological damper on the team as well...*

Whatever the case, that wasn't the Packs 'A' game.

They maybe met his son once, what the hell does a coach's son have to do with the psyche of a team? That's like me doing terribly at work because my boss's kid died, what the hell do I care

jjj45
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
What was the deepest pass Aaron Rodgers attempted? 21 yards man...21 yards.

Meanhothead
01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I look at it this way, it was an improvement from the previous game. The game plan and execution by the players was perfect.

Let's hope we see a similar improvement with scheme and execution vs SF, as compared to the previous game.

As for Rodgers, no QB is highly accurate every time when you have to run.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:11 PM

I heard he is leaving GB for a HC job somewhere?

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:16 PM

They had their drops, but the media blew it up as a reason they lost. Forget about the non call of helmet to helmet on Eli, the horrible call on Osi, the bad spot on the run by Ware, the fumble that wasn't, and the numerous holding calls Green Bay got away with. How about the Giants just flat out beat them from start to finish?
THIS!!!

Also I feel we set the tone early popping those WRs on every pass so as game wore on they started hearing footsteps. They were scared and so was then coach. How else do u explain him trying a risky Onsides with score 10-10. There was something he and his coaches saw that led them to believe they had to get some sort of edge cause they suddenly didn't think they could beat us straight up at Home in a div playoff game

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 03:57 PM
My team hasnt played well ever since the Oakland game where we put up 46 points on them. The next week we lost to KC in Arrowhead and played very sloppy against Chicago and Detroit but still pulled out wins. I thought we would get to the Championship game or possibly the super bowl but I didnt think with the way we were playing that we would win it all. The loss has certainly humbled us in alot of ways.If you recall our pm discussion. Did I not warn you in the pm that we could win big?

Yeah dragon you were right. This loss hurt really bad. You guys just kicked our butts. Like I said were humbled from it.

miked1958
01-21-2012, 04:31 PM

Yeah dragon you were right. This loss hurt really bad. You guys just kicked our butts. Like I said were humbled from it.
I think a lot of these smack talking Niners fans are going to be in for a rude awakening to. We are a team of destiny again like 07. When that happens, they beat all odds and become unbeatable

giantman8493
01-21-2012, 04:35 PM

I heard he is leaving GB for a HC job somewhere?Yeah lol .

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM

I think a lot of these smack talking Niners fans are going to be in for a rude awakening to. We are a team of destiny again like 07. When that happens, they beat all odds and become unbeatable
Only way we win it all next season is if we dont have to play you guys. New York is a great team that is dangerous.

Lambeau12
01-21-2012, 04:39 PM

I heard he is leaving GB for a HC job somewhere?Yeah lol .
He went to Miami. Best of luck to Joe.

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
What was the deepest pass Aaron Rodgers attempted? 21 yards man...21 yards.

That was the biggest completed pass, with some of those yards coming from YAC.

I can't for the life of me think of any other attempt to stretch the field other than the Aaron Ross breakup. Pretty impressive.

DragonSoul
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Only way we win it all next season is if we dont have to play you guys. New York is a great team that is dangerous.as i have said before you just need some pieces, mainly defense.

Raptor22
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Why? because the "pathetic" New York Giants defense has rolled the clock back 25 years, and is playing amazingly.

However, the Giants never beat teams. Other teams find ways to lose to the Giants. Personally, I tend to think that the phrasing of the reporting/commentary designed to avoid people claiming a "New York Bias"

(note: Jets love is okay, because they're not the old-school team, they are/were the young upstarts)

NYtoSanDiego
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM

Also look at nelsons drop. He was going to get leveled if he caught the ball. He had some what of a high low coverage on him.

they took away his sideline throws which they throw nearly 70% of their passes away from the middle. how many back shoulders did you see? i saw ZERO. also their modified WCO its all about identify the mis-match and get the ball out quick. when the giants made them go to his 2nd and 3rd reads he wasn't as accurate.