PDA

View Full Version : The Giants game plan for Sunday

NinersRule
01-21-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

This is the feared Giants defense that Alex Smith has to watch out for. Man, are these guys tough. 2 Giants players suffered major injuries and were able to bounce back in no time. Frank Gore has no chance.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.

jomo
01-21-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps This is the feared Giants defense that Alex Smith has to watch out for. Man, are these guys tough. 2 Giants players suffered major injuries and were able to bounce back in no time. Frank Gore has no chance. I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.Protect the women and children, we've been invaded by a hoard of left coasters.

slipknottin
01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
i have to say, this forum is used to getting trolled,but 9ers fans are clearly the stupidest of the bunch.

BlueBlitzer
01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps This is the feared Giants defense that Alex Smith has to watch out for. Man, are these guys tough. 2 Giants players suffered major injuries and were able to bounce back in no time. Frank Gore has no chance. I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.</P>

Yeah, Laughing themselves hysterical when Smitty throws his 3rd pick.</P>

Pakman
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
i have to say, this forum is used to getting trolled,but 9ers fans are clearly the stupidest of the bunch.
Agreed. Out of all the fans that come here, 9ers fans are horrible.

cken
01-21-2012, 01:12 PM

And here I thought that the 9ers organization generated a classy fan base...

MikeIsaGiant
01-21-2012, 01:14 PM

This is the feared Giants defense that Alex Smith has to watch out for. Man, are these guys tough. 2 Giants players suffered major injuries and were able to bounce back in no time. Frank Gore has no chance.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Trx7dZ4v-HM/TxjFWXYqI3I/AAAAAAAAGAc/iy-6ejOAo1U/s1600/joe-biden-gaff.jpg

NinersRule
01-21-2012, 01:15 PM
The Giants are the most overrated team in the playoffs. Giants benefit so much from the East coast media bias.

Here's a few reasons why:

-Giants were outscored in the regular season. 24.6 points scored vs 25 pts for opponents

-Niners offense is just as good as Giants offense. Niners: 23.8 pts vs Giants: 24.6 pts. Both teams basically scored the same amount of points.

-Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ game

FBomb
01-21-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps This is the feared Giants defense that Alex Smith has to watch out for. Man, are these guys tough. 2 Giants players suffered major injuries and were able to bounce back in no time. Frank Gore has no chance. I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.</P>

I see words, but all I can understand is:</P>

"Blah blah blah blah...I'm scared we are going to lose big so I am annonomouslyacting brave on the Giants website.....blah blah blah...I just peed a little....blah blah blah...."</P>

FBomb
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
The Giants are the most overrated team in the playoffs. Giants benefit so much from the East coast media bias. Here's a few reasons why: -Giants were outscored in the regular season. 24.6 points scored vs 25 pts for opponents -Niners offense is just as good as Giants offense. Niners: 23.8 pts vs Giants: 24.6 pts. Both teams basically scored the same amount of points. -Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ game</P>

Here's to hoping those stats help you sleep nights. [B]</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
The Giants are the most overrated team in the playoffs. Giants benefit so much from the East coast media bias.

-Giants were outscored in the regular season. 24.6 points scored vs 25 pts for opponents

-Niners offense is just as good as Giants offense. Niners: 23.8 pts vs Giants: 24.6 pts. Both teams basically scored the same amount of points.

And the packers outscored us in almost every stat category, what's your point?

You stat *****s are dumb as hell

FBomb
01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Question.....are the ***** mods still keeping Giants fans of YOUR board?

~MOJORISIN~
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM

-Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ gamethis is not the regular season Sally

simms56
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM

So was there a west coast bias in the 80's when the Niners were talked about every 3 seconds by the east coast media? Try winning a playoff game more than once in a decade. What you are talking about are statistical averages that are skewed by an entire body of work and do not reflect current conditions. These numbers do not take into accountt that this is a playoff game, which plays differently. They are skewed by the fact that the Giants were blown out by the Saints, and they certainly do not account for the Giants decimation of injuries (especially defensively) that contributed to poor play much of the season. The Giants at points were one of the worst teams in the NFL, right now they are playing as well or better than anyone. Does that mean they will win? Well, it should be a good game and the Niners have an excellent team. They have homefield while the Giants have more experience and the better QB. Take your pick.

theyregood
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
HAHAHAHA Hilarious Giant players.

NinersRule
01-21-2012, 01:46 PM
All I hear is how Giants are on a hot streak. When the Niners beat the Giants, you guys were 7-2. I would consider that pretty hot.

Lets face it, you guys benefited a lot from a rusty GB team. Aaron was off that game and the WRs were dropping passes they usually didn't. Now, I'm glad you guys beat GB because that means that Niners get a home game. I would have been a lot more worried if the Niners had to play in GB.

jjj45
01-21-2012, 01:47 PM

I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.Hey, we flop harder than anybody else in the league dawg. Quit hatin'

Gianthunter
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
All I hear is how Giants are on a hot streak. When the Niners beat the Giants, you guys were 7-2. I would consider that pretty hot. Lets face it, you guys benefited a lot from a rusty GB team. Aaron was off that game and the WRs were dropping passes they usually didn't. Now, I'm glad you guys beat GB because that means that Niners get a home game. I would have been a lot more worried if the Niners had to play in GB.The GIANTS took Rodgers out of HIS game and made him play theirs. Alex Smith is going to do better than Rodgers and company? Please...........

guardplay320
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM

How does it benefit the Giants that the media is hyping them? If the refs were favoring the Giants because of this "east coast bias",
you would have a point, but that CLEARLY didn't happen this past
weekend.

You can throw out all the stats you want from the regular season, but it just shows your ignorance in understanding how sports work. The Packers dominated the league much more than San Fran this week. How did it turn out for them? The playoffs is a new season. If you don't understand that, take your ignorance elsewhere.

repeatchamps
01-21-2012, 02:01 PM
All I hear is how Giants are on a hot streak. When the Niners beat the Giants, you guys were 7-2. I would consider that pretty hot. Lets face it, you guys benefited a lot from a rusty GB team. Aaron was off that game and the WRs were dropping passes they usually didn't. Now, I'm glad you guys beat GB because that means that Niners get a home game. I would have been a lot more worried if the Niners had to play in GB.</P>

They were 6-2 and look at the defensive stats and offensive stats averages you posted earlier in the thread after those 8 games and then look at the averages since and including the Jets game and compare that to the 49ers in the same time span (from Christmas weekend on). You will then see the Giants are playing superior football when it has mattered most and the 49ers would not even touch the stats the Giants have put up in that stretch of games. No other stats you throw out there matter as much as the stats since Christmas.</P>

I'll do it for you:</P>

Since and including Christmas weekend:</P>

Offense: </P>

49ers: 29.67</P>

Giants: 30.25, take out the Atlanta playoff game as the Giants have an extra playoff game at hand and you get 32.3.</P>

Defense: </P>

49ers:</P>

25.3</P>

Giants:</P>

12.5, without the Atlanta game 16</P>

When the chips have been down and when it has mattered most these are the relevant stats for this week's game. ALL IN baby! So basically, I think your cherry picked stats just got OWNED by my more relevant cherry picked stats! LOL!</P>

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 02:05 PM

You can bank on that even though I wish for an injury-free game because I'm rooting for one of these teams to win it all. Seems like every game that the 49ers play, at least one of the opposing team's players get banged up and injured. Our "soft" players injured a few RBs for a significant period of time - Arian Foster, Felix Jones, LeGarrette Blount, and Jahvid Best. There were more injuries outside of RBs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20JJng66SqI

repeatchamps
01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday. You can bank on that even though I wish for an injury-free game because I'm rooting for one of these teams to win it all. Seems like every game that the 49ers play, at least one of the opposing team's players get banged up and injured. Our "soft" players injured a few RBs for a significant period of time - Arian Foster, Felix Jones, LeGarrette Blount, and Jahvid Best. There were more injuries outside of RBs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20JJng66SqI </P>

</P>

More than any other team in the NFL, Giants have history of knocking out QB's due to injuries from big hitsso you really haven't a leg to stand on here.</P>

OX1
01-21-2012, 02:16 PM

And here I thought that the 9ers organization generated a classy fan base...

They are so bad, if it was them and Philly in the NFC champion game, I'd root for Philly.
OK, not really, but they are getting that annoying.

DJloves
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
You must be, like, 10 years old.

JimC
01-21-2012, 02:28 PM
<font color="#0000FF"><font size="6">WIN!!!!!</font></font>

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday. You can bank on that even though I wish for an injury-free game because I'm rooting for one of these teams to win it all. Seems like every game that the 49ers play, at least one of the opposing team's players get banged up and injured. Our "soft" players injured a few RBs for a significant period of time - Arian Foster, Felix Jones, LeGarrette Blount, and Jahvid Best. There were more injuries outside of RBs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20JJng66SqI </P>

</P>

More than any other team in the NFL, Giants have history of knocking out QB's due to injuries from big hits*so you really haven't a leg to stand on here.</P>
I wasn't making a comparison. The past will be the past. This is the 2011-2012 season now. I was simply stating that the 49ers have been a hard-hitting physical team all season and post-season long, which some Giants fans discredit them for.

repeatchamps
01-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I wasn't making a comparison. The past will be the past. This is the 2011-2012 season now. I was simply stating that the 49ers have been a hard-hitting physical team all season and post-season long, which some Giants fans discredit them for.</P>

Just so you know, they knocked out Vick and Tavaris Jackson this year so in the last two seasons the Giants have knocked out 8 QB's. Oh and I have not seen anyone on this board all week think the 49ers are not a physical team. No one here isdoubting the physicality ofthe #1 ranked run defense in the NFL.</P>

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM

I'm sure our defense is terrified of the great Alex Smith, get a clue you guys got lucky last week after the saints handed you 5 turnovers and you guys barely came away with a win.

swordfish
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM

-Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ gameThe regular season means nothing kid, the Giants last five games "which have been playoff games" we have given up an average of 12 ppg, you are clueless. Regular season and Playoffs are two different animals. Giants by 21+, be ready to turn off your set by half-time.

jomo
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM
The Packers were the worst team going into last year's playoffs, needing to back their way into the bracket. They overwhelmed everyone because they were the strongest team at the end of the year when championships are won. Statistics are always dangerous to use in football becasue there are so many variables......injuries, unbalanced schedules etc. If you look at the Giants performance over the past three games against 3 very good teams, you'll get an idea of the team that will be playing tomorrow. The thought of that just makes me smile!

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM

glad I didnt have to say it

jomo
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
i have to say, this forum is used to getting trolled,but 9ers fans are clearly the stupidest of the bunch. glad I didnt have to say itSomeone said earlier today that the trolls have dragged the average IQ in here down by 40% this week. [:)]

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 07:48 PM
All I hear is how Giants are on a hot streak. When the Niners beat the Giants, you guys were 7-2. I would consider that pretty hot.

Lets face it, you guys benefited a lot from a rusty GB team. Aaron was off that game and the WRs were dropping passes they usually didn't. Now, I'm glad you guys beat GB because that means that Niners get a home game. I would have been a lot more worried if the Niners had to play in GB.

damn those 15-1 superbowl champions for letting us win

swordfish
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Well at least the 49ers team knows whats coming this Sunday, they know they are in for a battle, no presents this Sunday, Alex Smith has to actually make some throws, since Gore will be a non-factor, long day I say for 49ers this Sunday, but in saying that, they will be a team to watch in the near future "when they get a real QB".

NorCalSports
01-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Niners have lost only 3 games this season by combined 15 pints). Defense has only allowed an average of a little over 14 points to Giants 20. There wins include 3 teams Giants have lost too (New Orleans, away at Washington, away at Philadelphia). The 10 point loss to Baltimore was on short week for a Thursday traveling to Baltimore after playing on Sunday- a tough assignment for a west coast team to travel east. Odds are overwhelming a team from West would win in this cae.

Keep thinking Niners aren't a good team. It was the Giants that were down in the 4th quartr by 2 TDs and had to come back to make it close. This game is going to be a classic. Both teams are peaking.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Niners have lost only 3 games this season by combined 15 pints). Defense has only allowed an average of a little over 14 points to Giants 20. There wins include 3 teams Giants have lost too (New Orleans, away at Washington, away at Philadelphia). The 10 point loss to Baltimore was on short week for a Thursday traveling to Baltimore after playing on Sunday- a tough assignment for a west coast team to travel east. Odds are overwhelming a team from West would win in this cae.

Keep thinking Niners aren't a good team. It was the Giants that were down in the 4th quartr by 2 TDs and had to come back to make it close. This game is going to be a classic. Both teams are peaking.

should be a muddy bloody old school classic

ding ding .....round 3

NYGFaninILL
01-21-2012, 08:08 PM

I have a feeling there will be a lot of "injuries" on the Giants come Sunday.Hey, we flop harder than anybody else in the league dawg. Quit hatin'

Here here [B]

SFOperation
01-21-2012, 11:03 PM

-Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ gameThe regular season means nothing kid, the Giants last five games "which have been playoff games" we have given up an average of 12 ppg, you are clueless. Regular season and Playoffs are two different animals. Giants by 21+, be ready to turn off your set by half-time.

So you're saying that the Giants have won 3 extra games in the playoffs this season? Amazing how one's logic works.

miked1958
01-22-2012, 02:14 AM
The Giants are the most overrated team in the playoffs. Giants benefit so much from the East coast media bias. Here's a few reasons why: -Giants were outscored in the regular season. 24.6 points scored vs 25 pts for opponents -Niners offense is just as good as Giants offense. Niners: 23.8 pts vs Giants: 24.6 pts. Both teams basically scored the same amount of points. -Niners defense is way better. Niners: 14.3 pts/game. Giants: 25 pts/ game</P>

That was prior to gettin a bunch of guys back. Since then we gave up only 14 to Jets, 14 to Dallas, 0 to ATL (2 was scored on safety) and 20 to packers. But I think everyone will agree (including Packers fans) that they really only scored 6.

So add that up bro. That is 50 total counting the safety and the 2 bogus TDs.. 12.5 or if you take away the 16 points that 34 over 4'games.... A little over 8....

That's dominating

miked1958
01-22-2012, 02:16 AM

That was prior to gettin a bunch of guys back. Since then we gave up only 14 to Jets, 14 to Dallas, 0 to ATL (2 was scored on safety) and 20 to packers. But I think everyone will agree (including Packers fans) that they really only scored 6.

So add that up bro. That is 50 total counting the safety and the 2 bogus TDs.. 12.5 or if you take away the 16 points that 34 over 4'games.... A little over 8....

That's dominatingNow let's look at the offense....
29,31,24 and 37. Adds up to 121. That a tad over 30 a game

miked1958
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM

That's dominatingNow let's look at the offense....
29,31,24 and 37. Adds up to 121. That a tad over 30 a game
So to sum it up for u dumb niners fans

Over the past 4 games where essentially a loss in anyone of those games ends our season. We avg 30 and gave up 8

Deal with it

miked1958
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM
These stats are since we got all our guys back