PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young is a DBAG

britishblue2
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
gotta be one of the biggest Giants haters out there.

he makes Buck and Aikman look like part of the Giants organisation.

Steve Young is an ***

Gmen2005
11-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I didn't get a chance to hear him, can you paraphrase real quick

Seducer
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I think fans think there is some media conspiracy against their teams that doesn't exist. That being said, I liked what Dilfer had to say about how our offense doesn't allow for a lot of variety in our attack. For those who didn't hear it, he said Eli is always on the same 9 yard drop so the defenders can basically pin their ears back and go get him. Said also because of that we don't hit a lot of different people nor do those people make catches at a lot of different spots on the field.

miked1958
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
He said the way the giants run their offense they will never be sucessful longterm. He said it worked in 08 ( think he meant 07) but unless they are willing to change ( and he said they won't) they will never go to next level

britishblue2
11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
tHE GIANTS CANT DO THIS..THE gIANTS CANT DO THAT ETC ETC ETC..THEY CANT GO DEEP IN TO JANUARY ETC ETC ETC.

sorry bout the caps..just realised

dave8274
11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
tHE GIANTS CANT DO THIS..THE gIANTS CANT DO THAT ETC ETC ETC..THEY CANT GO DEEP IN TO JANUARY ETC ETC ETC.

He actually said "They are probably too inconsistent to go deep into January" which is absolutely correct.

nYg24
11-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I think what he was saying (didnt catch the entire thing) is without a running game and pass rush they arent going to be successful BECAUSE they are unwilling to adjust. I agree with him if thats what he was saying. He wants them to let Eli sling it around more.

TuckYou
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
It is pretty obvious, like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, extra..., that he hates the Gmen. Whatever.

Itlan
11-28-2011, 08:38 PM
It is pretty obvious, like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, extra..., that he hates the Gmen. Whatever.Shutup lol.

Yeah, Warner hates the Giants so much, that's why Eli was in his top 3 for some time?

Aikman hates the Giants so much as well, that's why he constantly talks up Eli and the receivers.

You guys are such babies "Wah, they didn't pick my team to win! They must hate us! Our team is so freaking good! Wah!" Yeah, that's why we're 6-4 and just had a pathetic loss to the Eagles.

Take off the glasses chumps. ****ing sheep, all of you.

SRTtoZ
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
He said the way the giants run their offense they will never be sucessful longterm. He said it worked in 08 ( think he meant 07) but unless they are willing to change ( and he said they won't) they will never go to next level

Wow...sounds he like knows what hes talking about IMO.

Why is someone a Dbag when they critique a team like the Giants and tell it like it is? Lets be real here guys...we show up one week, and then dont show up for the next 2 weeks. He has every right to say what he did and I dont disagree with him. I hope we win tonight but cmon, we cant lose games to a bad eagles team, a bad seahawks team and a bad redskins team and expect for people to love us. Remember, we also needed to make COMEBACKS in games versus the Rams and the Cardinals as well.

BlueReign
11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
We were playing good offense in 08 before Plax shot himself.

Overdrive92
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Steve Young is a known Giants hater. He couldn't help himself.

Redeyejedi
11-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I think fans think there is some media conspiracy against their teams that doesn't exist. That being said, I liked what Dilfer had to say about how our offense doesn't allow for a lot of variety in our attack. For those who didn't hear it, he said Eli is always on the same 9 yard drop so the defenders can basically pin their ears back and go get him. Said also because of that we don't hit a lot of different people nor do those people make catches at a lot of different spots on the field.
And Dilfer is spot on in that regard the giants have no quick hitters.They have a horrible Oline yet we go with 7 step drops every time they throw the ball.Everything is vertical in the giants passing game nothing horizontal to spread the field.No Slants ,No drags , U want to draft these fast skill guys like Scott and Jernigan thats how u get them the ball. 3 step drop bang get it in there hands and let them do the work.To many slow developing plays. Those quick hit plays are the ones that gets defenses on there heals. The Giants never have any pace to there offense as well.They dont get teams on there heals.

bleeding blue
11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Add Cris Carter to that list.

Says Giants will be 6-6
and Jacobs is "soft"

(i don't necessarily disagree with him but his tone of voice tells me that he's hoping for it)

buddy33
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh would you guys stop. For the past 3 years they where considered the top team in the NFL for at least a moment. They only have themselves to blame.

Redeyejedi
11-28-2011, 09:02 PM
What do U want them to say? Lie and say they look good they dont. They struggle against bad teams. There offense has no rhythm and they sleepwalk through games with no emotion

BlueSanta
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Someone said something bad about the Giants im gonna make a thread and call them an ***.

Geez, how do you go through life being so sensitive? Its just a guy's opinion. Nothing to get all upset about.

buddy33
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
What do U want them to say? Lie and say they look good they dont. They struggle against bad teams. There offense has no rhythm and they sleepwalk through games with no emotion

Exactly. They don't run well, they don't stop the run well, they have only scored 9 1st half points over the past 3 games, the OL is falling apart, and they are 0-2 in the second half of this season.

Go Giants.

SRTtoZ
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I will admit, its a good time to win this game and shock everyone because on ESPN they are ALREADY talking about the Saints/Packers game in the playoffs.

SRTtoZ
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
haha DILFER is beating up Steve young right now.

BlueReign
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Steve Young isn't even giving us a chance. I hope we come out and shut him up.

NYGFaninILL
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
He just basically said it doesn't matter what the Giants do tonight because there not going anywhere this year. He thinks the Giants will lose at least 4 out of 6.

GiantWarfare
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
wow Steve Young...way to be professional.

dude just blew us off completely....

Dilfer said he wants to watch our pass rush against the Saints OL and says if our line can get pressure on their line, so our passrushers can "eat" Brees...we'll win the game, while Young said forget about the Giants, they're going nowhere, he wants to see if the Saints can really show that they can beat the Packers

Effing toolbag...

Completely blew us off like the outcome was already a foregone conclusion...

SIMMS5611
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Tonight, he IS a dbag.

He made it sound like tonight is a Saints scrimmage...

Christ, I hope the GMEN light it up on both sides of the ball tonight!

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!

UmenYiourAnIdiot
11-28-2011, 09:17 PM
"Thie Giants are a middle NFL team, this isn't about them its about the Saints and whether or not they can beat the Packers."

Pretty close quote.

Yes hes a loser. Cant stand em.

BlueSanta
11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
We are a team that has a recent history of collapsing late in the season. We have been a mid level team, just as Steve Young pointed out. We have not only lost big games late in the season recently, we have been blown out.

Until we change that, we have to live with people pointing it out. Deal with it.

bg79
11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't get it, a lot of these criticisms are basically the same things that us fans say about our own team anyways? Giants have a predictable offense, Jacobs is soft... those two subjects account for a good 50% of the thread titles on this board.

SRTtoZ
11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Does anyone remember what happened the last time we played the Saints?

blueomaha
11-28-2011, 09:23 PM
wow Steve Young...way to be professional.

dude just blew us off completely....

Dilfer said he wants to watch our pass rush against the Saints OL and says if our line can get pressure on their line, so our passrushers can "eat" Brees...we'll win the game, while Young said forget about the Giants, they're going nowhere, he wants to see if the Saints can really show that they can beat the Packers

Effing toolbag...

Completely blew us off like the outcome was already a foregone conclusion...

that's what I heard...what a richard...hope the NYG beat the aints so he can STFU...

Die-Hard
11-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it would be much better for his career to say that the '11 Giants are the standard by which all other NFL measure themselves. Thats some real good job security he'd set himself up for

The sooner you guys accept the fact that this team is simply NOT THAT GOOD, the better off you'll be. Steve Young is 100% correct, and no matter how much you want to complain about it and call him a hater, it's not going to make him wrong.

FBomb
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I never particularly liked Steve Young...he tends to rattle on and he eventually lets his mouth take over and says things that don't make sense......he was a walking concussion magent.</P>

That being said, he's right about our running game and I think Eli SHOULD sling it more. </P>

CantBlameShockeyNow
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
It is pretty obvious, like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, extra..., that he hates the Gmen. Whatever.Shutup lol.

Yeah, Warner hates the Giants so much, that's why Eli was in his top 3 for some time?

Aikman hates the Giants so much as well, that's why he constantly talks up Eli and the receivers.

You guys are such babies "Wah, they didn't pick my team to win! They must hate us! Our team is so freaking good! Wah!" Yeah, that's why we're 6-4 and just had a pathetic loss to the Eagles.

Take off the glasses chumps. ****ing sheep, all of you.

+1

Die-Hard
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM

He actually said "They are probably too inconsistent to go deep into January" which is absolutely correct.

Guess he was right

BlueSanta
11-28-2011, 11:17 PM
It would appear someone owes Mr Young an apology.

Itlan
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
And why is he a dbag? Cause he's honest, and so far, correct?

Take your rose tinted goggles over boys.

calzonesays
01-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Sorry, I have to bump this. So much for the Giants being a "middling team" and "it's gonna be Saints/Packers and nobody else matters"

Nice try Steve Young, f*** you

FDNY Fitzy
01-16-2012, 01:51 AM
What do you call glasses that make you see everything as worse than it is?

**** colored glasses?

Meanhothead
01-16-2012, 01:57 AM
This thread is hilarious

calzonesays
01-16-2012, 01:59 AM
This thread is hilarious

which is why I bumped it :)

Drez
01-16-2012, 02:15 AM
tHE GIANTS CANT DO THIS..THE gIANTS CANT DO THAT ETC ETC ETC..THEY CANT GO DEEP IN TO JANUARY ETC ETC ETC. sorry bout the caps..just realised He actually said "They are probably too inconsistent to go deep into January" which is absolutely correct.

Guess he was right
</P>

Guess you guys were wrong. </P>

SF here we come. </P>

Signed:</P>

Soon to be NFC Champs</P>

Itlan
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Why are you bumping a thread that has NOTHING to do with what has happened in recent weeks?

You're trying to compare the team that was playing like complete dog **** with secondary breakdowns constantly while going 6-6, vs. a Giants team who is 2-0 in the playoffs so far because of a refocused defense.

Just stop. Seriously. Stop.