PDA

View Full Version : Undercover police to wear Giants jerseys tomorrow..

bigbluegmenfan
01-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Dont think Ive seen this before..Hopefully a few of the thugs from last week get caught and miss the game all together.

Heres the article::

It won’t do anything to prevent a repeat of power problems earlier this season at Candlestick Park, but undercover police will be in place Sunday afternoon for the NFC Championship Game in an effort to reduce some of the security problems the San Francisco 49ers have experienced this season.

To wit, the Associated Press reports some of those officers will be decked out in New York Giants jerseys after there were an abundance of complaints last week related to how the home crowd treated visiting New Orleans Saints fans. Abusive fans are being targeted.

"I apologize for any rudeness that may have happened," San Francisco 49ers president and owner Jed York said. "I think you saw 49ers fans who were very excited about hosting a playoff game for the first time in a long time."

The behavior of 49ers fans as been a focal point in San Francisco all week and the plan is to have a quick trigger for fans who are out of control. Season-ticket holders have been warned their accounts could be revoked.

"We'll be looking early on to identify people trying to do those things in the parking areas and take action to remove them," NFL security chief Jeff Miller said. "We're not going to be warning people inside the stadium. They will be removed."

Voldamort
01-21-2012, 02:13 PM
nice Giants 28-17

egyptian420
01-21-2012, 02:21 PM
LOL....its funny because (I would imagine) a lot of these undercover cops are 49ers fans

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
LOL....its funny because (I would imagine) a lot of these undercover cops are 49ers fans

That'll explain it when there are some youtube uploads of Giants fans seemingly stomping on other Giants fans wondering wtf is going on.

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Good. People should be able to go to games and not be harassed the whole time by idiots. I applaud the 49ers for doing this. This is something all teams should do.

gmen0820
01-21-2012, 03:16 PM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, and it'll do virtually nothing.

jax5338
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM

it could help weed out guys who try to start **** just based on who they are fans of. doesnt sound like the greatest idea. why not just put some cops at each gate to prevent people form even trying?

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Dont think Ive seen this before..Hopefully a few of the thugs from last week get caught and miss the game all together.

Heres the article::

It won’t do anything to prevent a repeat of power problems earlier this season at Candlestick Park, but undercover police will be in place Sunday afternoon for the NFC Championship Game in an effort to reduce some of the security problems the San Francisco 49ers have experienced this season.

To wit, the Associated Press reports some of those officers will be decked out in New York Giants jerseys after there were an abundance of complaints last week related to how the home crowd treated visiting New Orleans Saints fans. Abusive fans are being targeted.

"I apologize for any rudeness that may have happened," San Francisco 49ers president and owner Jed York said. "I think you saw 49ers fans who were very excited about hosting a playoff game for the first time in a long time."

The behavior of 49ers fans as been a focal point in San Francisco all week and the plan is to have a quick trigger for fans who are out of control. Season-ticket holders have been warned their accounts could be revoked.

"We'll be looking early on to identify people trying to do those things in the parking areas and take action to remove them," NFL security chief Jeff Miller said. "We're not going to be warning people inside the stadium. They will be removed."
This is like the 5th or 6th thread about this. I think it's a good idea

Five Rings
01-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I knew Giants fans were pigs..

You should go by the name "P I G Men"

Whata joke..

Cant wait till Willis smacks Jacobs in the mouth

miked1958
01-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Even if it's just a ploy and they are not really doing it, it may hinder a bunch of people that were thinking about harassing fans, not k owing which ones are the cops.

Although once people get juiced up enough that won't even stop em

Firenugget
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM

Whata joke..

You'll be waiting a while.

TroyArcher
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM

Whata joke..

Even your owner is embarassed by you low lifes:

bLuereverie
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Whata joke..

You do know that these will be your own cops doing this?

arrjay
01-21-2012, 03:46 PM
last ring 1994 ..... nuff said

JMFP2
01-21-2012, 04:04 PM
</P>

"....Seething Saints fans — rattled by how they were treated at Candlestick Park last week — have posted warnings on Giants message boards to warn them of what awaits in San Francisco.</P>

“Good luck,” counseled one. “Keep your heads down and if you are with your girlfriend or mother stay next to them at all times!”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/blitz_on_fiends_in_san_fran_wqWvdoCSF8o4SLqg5ysNKM #ixzz1k83qIvVC</P>

</P>

Diamondring
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Just a warning that if the refs mess up the game with their bad calls, the Giants have the right to arrest them and the will.

Sundown
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Well the cops can make themselves useful and cheer the visiting team too. Gotta play the part to the fullest.

Eli TO Shockey
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM

That'll explain it when there are some youtube uploads of Giants fans seemingly stomping on other Giants fans wondering wtf is going on.

lol

Eli TO Shockey
01-21-2012, 05:13 PM

if the niners fans know their are going to be undercover giants fans in the stands, they aint gonna mess with us.

I'm going to the game. considering bringing a fake badge. [:D]

BParcells777
01-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Whata joke..

unfortunately Brandon would like that.....he is always looking for a fight, and if one of your subs did that we would lose a valuable piece out there

He is long on bad behavior and short on brainpower

You want to trade for Jacobs in the off season???....what do you have to give us in return of equal value....this guy is due big money.

I'd advise your team to steer clear of him until the whistle blows........hes looking to hit someone

G4L
01-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I knew Giants fans were pigs.. You should go by the name "P I G Men" Whata joke.. <FONT size=4>Cant wait till Willis smacks Jacobs in the mouth</FONT></P>

Not something we're worried about. Do you even realize that Jacobs outweighs Willis by 25 lbs? Regardless of what you have to say, I can guarentee you there is not a LB or DB in the league who wants to tackle Jacobs head on when he's moving full speed.</P>

ShakeNBake
01-21-2012, 05:35 PM

Whata joke..

What a bright star you are, I'm sure your parents are proud

87Spider91
01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Wait...I'm confused. SFPD? The brilliant SF posters said Vernon Davis was the only decoy.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Actually probably closet Giants fans and volunteered!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I knew Giants fans were pigs.. You should go by the name "P I G Men" Whata joke.. Cant wait till Willis smacks Jacobs in the mouth

What a bright star you are, I'm sure your parents are proud
REALLY? I bet you were just a glimmer in your 2 dads eyes when SF won those trophies. @ five rings

nykn72
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM
doubt you will be happy after the game

East Coast Bias
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
They should try this in Philly .Although with all the thugs and lowlifes there the jails would overflow pretty quick

Voldamort
01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
good move by the mayor

cken
01-21-2012, 07:09 PM
They should try this in Philly .Although with all the thugs and lowlifes there the jails would overflow pretty quick

philly PD dont seem to care, tho they do have a cage in lincoln financial for arrests, only in philly i guess

swordfish
01-21-2012, 07:15 PM
The reason for the undercover cops is because SF knows this is going to get ugly for the 49ers and just fuel the fire for some of their unruly fans, it all started when a Dodgers fan was put in the hospital, and is pretty much screwed up for life over a baseball game, goes to show the mentality of these animals.

East Coast Bias
01-21-2012, 07:26 PM
The reason for the undercover cops is because SF knows this is going to get ugly for the 49ers and just fuel the fire for some of their unruly fans, it all started when a Dodgers fan was put in the hospital, and is pretty much screwed up for life over a baseball game, goes to show the mentality of these animals.
I believe that was a SF Giants fan that got beaten in LA

Weygand
01-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I believe that was a SF Giants fan that got beaten in LA

You're right. Bryan Stow

/went to HS with him
//worked with him too
///We used to steal beer from our work and drink it after

gmen0820
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM

if the niners fans know their are going to be undercover giants fans in the stands, they aint gonna mess with us.

I'm going to the game. considering bringing a fake badge. [:D]
How many undercover cops do you think that the San Francisco police department can afford to allocate to a fan issue. How many of those seats can the 49ers afford to give to undercover cops when regardless of fans are rowdy they will sell out?

The answer to both is not too many. Candlestick park can hold 70,000 people, lets say 5,000 (very small estimate) will be Giants fans. You really think 50 or so, if that, undercover cops will make that much of a difference. Who causes trouble at football games? Drunk low lives, you really think they will make a good judgement cost on a .1% proposition? Absolutely not, their BAC alone is higher then that.

I don't expect the fans to be as bad this week, just because of all the negative heat they have been getting, but I just don't think this is a great idea.

look@dafilm
01-21-2012, 11:41 PM

Ahahahahaha. You're so dumb.

JMFP2
01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
To be more efficient, the cops just need to listen for the sound of ****ty music in the parking lot.</P>

Or be on the lookout for the 230 pound bald guy dressed like an 8 year old.</P>