PDA

View Full Version : Hope to god we don't have to play the refs again today....

T.Rice57
01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
....not sure if we can beat the 13th man again this week. Hopefully calls go both ways!

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Amen to that. That Jennings fumble against you guys last week was bogus. I don't remember the last time I was that pissed off about a non-49er call. It was 100% a fumble. But was ours when we played you guys and clearly forced a fumble (and recovered it) only to have the play blown dead and thus unchallengeable.

If the game is reffed like the SF divisional game, things will be good. The worst calls/non-calls by the refs were

1) the bogus PI call on Whitner on the very first drive
2) the non-holding calls against the Saints o-line. They hold like crazy
3) the excessive bumping by the 49ers CBs. they got away with it, because they didn't do it down the field and didn't do it while the ball was in the air. they just went to about 10-12 yards instead of the rulebook 5.

Blue daddy
01-22-2012, 09:07 AM
like last week and past games the Giants will have to overcome bad calls and non-calls. I have been a Giant fan since the 70's and have seen more bad calls against them then any other NFL team. I think the Giants have installed plays for the officals as well. All they can do is focus on the play at hand and ignor the bad calls like they did aginst the packers.

Mohann
01-22-2012, 09:07 AM
The sexy match up is now NY vs NE rd 2. The highest scoring O's left. And it would be the closest thing to a rivalry as it's a rematch. The refs should be on our side.

Landshark
01-22-2012, 09:18 AM
The sexy match up is now NY vs NE rd 2. The highest scoring O's left. And it would be the closest thing to a rivalry as it's a rematch. The refs should be on our side.

Nope... The league wants the Harbaugh bowl. It will be the highest hyped and rate dSuperbowl ever. Great marketing opportunity... Expect calls against the Giants (as usual) and againstt the Pats(for once)

dan1552
01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

" PATS get revenge for stolen perfect season in07"

Landshark
01-22-2012, 09:25 AM
The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

1. We'll kill the pats...
2. We've already won this season in my opinion.

We are in extra innings and all of this is just good fun.

dan1552
01-22-2012, 09:33 AM

I know we have the capability, what Im concerned about is unforseen injury,or bad calls,, then alllllllll summer the media killing us

in revenge game brady win , hes off to disneyworld

NWKEffectElement
01-22-2012, 09:33 AM
We had to play them four consecutive weeks in a row, so I don't see why this game would be any different. The Jets and the second Packers game were the worst IMO, but it pretty much has been like the the whole season.

jparmer
01-22-2012, 10:17 AM

I know we have the capability, what Im concerned about is unforseen injury,or bad calls,, then alllllllll summer the media killing us

in revenge game brady win , hes off to disneyworld

Who cares? 07 is never going to change. They can't ever take away that 1 in the loss column. This is 2012, we finished 9-7, no one expected us to be here today. And in case u weren't aware we are still an opponent away from a trip to the superbowl. Let's not overlook San Fran.

slipknottin
01-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Nope... The league wants the Harbaugh bowl. It will be the highest hyped and rate dSuperbowl ever.

lol. yes im sure the nfl would just love to have a SB where the final score is 6-3.

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I may be wrong but I do not think Ed Hocheli can be bought off......then again they might have his family tied up in the basement

Bill Reilly should be shipped to cable to sit with Bill O'Reilly, and get 60 minute tongue lashing about his Mafia connections.............that slob should never officiate another NFL game.

oldgiantfan
01-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Let's stop talking about a Giants - NE superbowl and get past SF first.

jomo
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Nope... The league wants the Harbaugh bowl. It will be the highest hyped and rate dSuperbowl ever. lol. yes im sure the nfl would just love to have a SB where the final score is 6-3.lol, you are right slip, of all the conspiracy theories, that is one of the dumbest!

Voldamort
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes a clean game would be nice from the ref's!!!

Zaggs
01-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Well guess what, we will. That why you grab them around the neck and keep squeezing and never stop.

fourth&forever
01-22-2012, 11:00 AM
All I ask is that the players decide the game and not the zebras.

miked1958
01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
....not sure if we can beat the 13th man again this week.* Hopefully calls go both ways!

Actually I think there are 8 of them out there so it would be tech 19 vs 11

jomo
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
All I ask is that the players decide the game and not the zebras.Thanks for this f&amp;f.</P>

Dear Roger Goodell, is this too much for us to ask for?</P>