PDA

View Full Version : Mike Francesa with Phil Simms

Xiipack
01-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Great NY radio... 70% BAL/NE match up talk over the 30% NY/SAN FRAN. For NY radio, seems to avoid NY team talk.

OH well lets go BLUE!

Voldamort
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Simms is doing the Pats\Ravens game,he never talks about the Giants unless,he is doing the game!

BigBlue2010
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Aww come on. As a transplanted Giant fan I couldn't wait to listen to wfan last week when I was back in NJ. I wanted to hear what all the fuss was about. I will grant you that before an NFC championship only the biggest doubter/hater's would raise their opinions, but I thought Francesa was completely fair in all his points that I heard.

If anything I thought Ditino was the tool. And oh yeah, literly heard Carl say " in the beginning of the season the giants were just hoping to put enough fingers in the dyke to stop the bleeding." Protect your head folks!

Also, yesterday morning during my wonderful ride to the airport all the callers were saying they don't want to hear anymore talk, they just want to see the game. BAL-NE is probably fresh air for regular listeners.

As far as Boomer & Carton, I don't quite get C's stick so I probably wouldn't listen long term. What is hilarious about it is some producer probably thought "we need somebody like greeny on mike and mike" and that's who they picked.

Roosevelt
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Mike just got blasted (and rightfully so) by a Giants fan for spending the last 2 hours talking about Paterno.

With all due respect, I really don't care about Paterno right now. I stopped caring about the man when I found out about his pal Sandusky.

So here we are the morning of the championship and this is what Mike gives us.

He truly blows sometimes.

krygny
01-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Simms is doing the Pats\Ravens game,he never talks about the Giants unless,he is doing the game!
Do you actually listen to the interviews Simms does with Fatso every Sunday morning? He talks about the Giants every week. The Jets too, if they're playing.

yoeddy
01-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I find it incredible that Francesca can make the same point the same way three times in the same run-on sentence...essentially taking 2 minutes to make and repeat a point that others make in 4-5 seconds....

NYSPORTS
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Mike just got blasted (and rightfully so) by a Giants fan for spending the last 2 hours talking about Paterno.

With all due respect, I really don't care about Paterno right now.* I stopped caring about the man when I found out about his pal Sandusky.

Mike has been awful since coming back from his holiday vacation. Awful radio for weeks now.

Firenugget
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM

With all due respect, I really don't care about Paterno right now. I stopped caring about the man when I found out about his pal Sandusky.

Mike has been awful since coming back from his holiday vacation. Awful radio for weeks now.

When was he good?

PSimmsXXI
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM

What was Francesa's response? That would be interesting.

I find it funny when someone calls him up and tells him to ask a question to someone he interviews. He gets real defensive and says "Its my show and I will ask what I want to" Dude, this is your audience.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 02:03 PM

With all due respect, I really don't care about Paterno right now.* I stopped caring about the man when I found out about his pal Sandusky.

100% agreed, but are you really freaking surprised

53canton
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM

He's been awful since the Mad Dog left for XM. They need each other.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM

He's been awful since the Mad Dog left for XM. They need each other.so they can doubly suck together.