PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 1st Apple iPhone and asked Siri who will win..............

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
She hemmed and hawed, checked the web and picked the Giants due to "playoff experience" and "Superior more experienced playoff QB"

That Siri is one smart tough diplomatic Cookie.......you cannot even insult her....she makes you feel like a dolt

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Lol with the new one coming out in like a month?

trenken311
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
What exactly did you say to her? She just tried to do a regular web search for me which obviously results in just a standard browser search.

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Any idea what that one will be improved upon?

4G would be nice

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM

4G would be nice
All speculation, but I hear it's gonna be groundbreaking ****.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 12:42 PM

4G would be nice

i actually heard the new one will be coming out in the fall, have a quad core processor, 4G, and a bigger screen. The 4S is perfectly fine though.

trenken311
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
It really doesnt matter when you buy an iphone. There's always a new one right around the corner. It's a never ending cycle.

If you buy a 4s now you dont really need to upgrade until after a few more version come out.

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM

4G would be nice

i actually heard the new one will be coming out in the fall, have a quad core processor, 4G, and a bigger screen. The 4S is perfectly fine though.Delayed to fall? Really?

SweetZombieJesus
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
It's the new iPad 3 that's coming out soon, not the phone. The iPhone 5 will probably come out late this year at the earliest. If you look at the history they are usually a year apart and one of them (I think between the 3GS and the 4) was 18 months.

And for what it's worth, the 4S is quasi-4G as it supports HSDPA+ but not LTE.

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
It's the new iPad 3 that's coming out soon, not the phone.* The iPhone 5 will probably come out late this year at the earliest.* If you look at the history they are usually a year apart and one of them (I think between the 3GS and the 4) was 18 months.

According to Computer World, Apple may also be planning a spring release date for the iPad 3, unveiling the new tablet and the iPhone 5 both at the Mobile World Congress in February. Apple famously keeps as many details of its products secret, so for now it could all just be rumors.

http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_29245/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gZLxqnWw

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah I was thinking of going with a bigger screen android but the Sprint deal for me and my two kids was too good to pass up- $180/mo all in

plus they wanted it bad......I need it for business........cant type on the dann thing so I ordered a case with a bluetooth slide out keyboard.....if that is not satisfactory back it goes

it beats android in ease of use by a mile. I dont any onscreen typing would work for me even with a 4 inch screen.........fat fingers with poor elocution

Alsp I heard even with the big processor an and 4G on Android you still had herky jerky skype video calls......you really need WiFi for that

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah I was thinking of going with a bigger screen android but the Sprint deal for me and my two kids was too good to pass up- $180/mo all in

plus they wanted it bad......I need it for business........cant type on the dann thing so I ordered a case with a bluetooth slide out keyboard.....if that is not satisfactory back it goes

it beats android in ease of use by a mile.* I dont any onscreen typing would work for me even with a 4 inch screen.........fat fingers with poor elocution

Alsp I heard even with the big processor an and 4G on Android you still had herky jerky skype video calls......you really need WiFi for that

100% true. There is no better phone, androids suck. I have an android tablet, and it serves the sole purpose of raising my appreciation for my iPhone.

Good choice.

SweetZombieJesus
01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
It's the new iPad 3 that's coming out soon, not the phone. The iPhone 5 will probably come out late this year at the earliest. If you look at the history they are usually a year apart and one of them (I think between the 3GS and the 4) was 18 months.

According to Computer World, Apple may also be planning a spring release date for the iPad 3, unveiling the new tablet and the iPhone 5 both at the Mobile World Congress in February. Apple famously keeps as many details of its products secret, so for now it could all just be rumors.

http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_29245/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gZLxqnWw

I've been following these Apple rumors for years. First, Apple never unveils new product at a trade show. They hold their own private events which become media circuses.

Second, Apple just released the iPhone 4S in October 2011 there is no way in hell they are going to make it obsolete in under 6 months.

iPhone - 6/29/2007
iPhone 3G - 6/9/2008
iPhone 3Gs - 6/19/2009
iPhone 4 - 6/24/2010
iPhone 4s - 10/4/2011

Plus you gotta remember they are playing the 2 year contract cycles.

No way in hell the iPhone 5 is coming that soon. Book it.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
It's the new iPad 3 that's coming out soon, not the phone.* The iPhone 5 will probably come out late this year at the earliest.* If you look at the history they are usually a year apart and one of them (I think between the 3GS and the 4) was 18 months.

I've been following these Apple rumors for years.* First, Apple never unveils new product at a trade show.* They hold their own private events which become media circuses.*

Second, Apple just released the iPhone 4S in October 2011 there is no way in hell they are going to make it obsolete in under 6 months.*

iPhone - 6/29/2007
iPhone 3G - 6/9/2008
iPhone 3Gs - 6/19/2009
iPhone 4 - 6/24/2010
iPhone 4s - 10/4/2011

No way in hell the iPhone 5 is coming that soon.* Book it.

this. and as you said the ipad 3 is supposed to come out soon. I've heard march.

Voldamort
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
yes

Sundown
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Ive inadvertently become an Apple collector back from to the OS 9 days to the 1st iPod, 1st iPhone, quicksilver g4 just to name a few. All still work great. Good stuff

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM

I've been following these Apple rumors for years.* First, Apple never unveils new product at a trade show.* They hold their own private events which become media circuses.*

Second, Apple just released the iPhone 4S in October 2011 there is no way in hell they are going to make it obsolete in under 6 months.*

iPhone - 6/29/2007
iPhone 3G - 6/9/2008
iPhone 3Gs - 6/19/2009
iPhone 4 - 6/24/2010
iPhone 4s - 10/4/2011

No way in hell the iPhone 5 is coming that soon.* Book it.
It's all speculation at this point. Who knows?

poppa smurph
01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Ive inadvertently become an Apple collector back from to the OS 9 days to the 1st iPod, 1st iPhone, quicksilver g4 just to name a few. All still work great. Good stuffGogt my first iphone back in August, love this little thing.</P>

Although the boards don't really work as well, can't quote longer messages, and no hyper-linking unless you're good with the compu-speak ( I can bearley speak good english soo.. ).</P>

Still love this phone though.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM

It won't come out until later in the year, possibly September :)

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM

It won't come out until later in the year, possibly September :)****

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I didn't think 4s was much of an upgrade over the 4. I was pretty disappointed. I hope iPhone 5 has a 4" screen and is 4G capable. The sooner the better just cuz I'm an apple enthusiast, but I won't break my contract and pay a ETF to get it. I got my Verizon iPhone 4 as soon as it came out last February and I still love it!

deejaylewlew
01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Android experience is different from device to device. A poor experience on a budget tablet hardly makes android suck. I will never understand why people can not appreciate what both OS's offer.

MikeIsaGiant
01-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't think 4s was much of an upgrade over the 4. I was pretty disappointed. I hope iPhone 5 has a 4" screen and is 4G capable. The sooner the better just cuz I'm an apple enthusiast, but I won't break my contract and pay a ETF to get it. I got my Verizon iPhone 4 as soon as it came out last February and I still love it!

It's going to have a 4 screen, and I think it's time for the iphone to have 4G , it only makes sense..

Firenugget
01-22-2012, 02:43 PM
NFC Championship day and you guys are discussing the pro's cons of a phone....You all disappoint me. [:(]

MikeIsaGiant
01-22-2012, 02:46 PM
NFC Championship day and you guys are discussing the pro's cons of a phone....You all disappoint me. [:(]

Impatiently waiting my friend

Firenugget
01-22-2012, 02:58 PM

lol yeah...It seems all the talk has been talked. It's gonna be a long wait until 6:30..

MikeIsaGiant
01-22-2012, 03:00 PM

lol yeah...It seems all the talk has been talked. It's gonna be a long wait until 6:30..

Just got to wait and hope the Ravens beat the Pats, can't stand the pats

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Just got to wait and hope the Ravens beat the Pats, can't stand the pats

No way. Can't give the San Fran refs any incentive to call the game in San Fran's favor (Harbaugh Bowl). Call me paranoid.

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM

What is your opinion of Liquipel?

How in the world is this possible?

SFO should Liquipel their stadium

gmen0820
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM

What is your opinion of Liquipel?

How in the world is this possible?

SFO should Liquipel their stadium
Holy ****, never heard of that stuff. I have an otter box and I HIGHLY reccomend it. It's a little bulky but I've had my iPhone for a year and a half (iPhone 4) and it runs better than some of my friends' iPhone 4s.

I've dropped it down two stories, and many other very hard hits and it runs perfectly without a scratch. One thing I've noticed is peoples iPhones who don't have an otter box or HTC ballistic, have really unresponsive home buttons, which sucks with the multitask and can be very frustrating.

But I've never heard of that liquipel stuff, looks interesting though. Keep me updated if you get it, but I really reccomend an otter box. It adds a little bulk but you'll get used to it and won't be able to do without it. I have the defender but I reccomend going with a level down and putting screen protectors on your front and back for added protection. Anyway, good luck man. You'll love the phone.