PDA

View Full Version : Tuck's Reaction to Miss Sack was SAD

Manning
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Anyone see Tuck reaction on the play where he missed the sack, and Brees eventually rolled out and made that ridiculous play?

Tuck didn't get back up, just sulked and laid on the ground for 10 seconds. It was SAD.

Pakman
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
he looks depressed

MikeIsaGiant
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm so disgraced to have his jersey right now

TheEnigma
I think he knows the end is near on this team, career, or both. Who knows what's up with him.

RoanokeFan
Anyone see Tuck reaction on the play where he missed the sack, and Brees eventually rolled out and made that ridiculous play?

Tuck didn't get back up, just sulked and laid on the ground for 10 seconds. It was SAD.

That was when I said bench him and leave him there. He is not in the game mentally as he's worried about being hurt. You can't play in the NFL with that mindset.

Vtgmenfan89
Remember JPP's sack on vick? Same thing happened to him and he chased him down and finished the job. Instead Tuck left joseph to chase him down and simply fall down (he is a big boy.) Tuck deserves to be benched to try and spark something because he is playing lazy right now, hurt or not

Seducer
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
It's kind of pathetic to see the veterans act that way. Half of the plays JPP makes are hustle plays. Either chasing the QB around in the pocket or running down field and making a tackle on a RB off a screen. </P>

Look at Prince running down McCoy with that game already decided. I've seen Tuck do it before but his effort just is not there right now.</P>

GiantWarfare
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Remember JPP's sack on vick? Same thing happened to him and he chased him down and finished the job. Instead Tuck left joseph to chase him down and simply fall down (he is a big boy.) Tuck deserves to be benched to try and spark something because he is playing lazy right now, hurt or not

JPP has a nonstop motor and it shows all the time

Tuck pulled a Haynesworth yesterday...

After that play I was embarrassed that he was our so-called "captain"

Vtgmenfan89
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Same here. I got it after last season when he actually played

bansaw
11-29-2011, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0

heres some heart Tuck...on his knees twice....no give up here

bansaw
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM

Same here. I got it after last season when he actually playeddont worry he has a million reasons to try harder next year

GiantWarfare
11-29-2011, 06:06 PM

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/4/46/Clapping.gif

NoHuddle10
11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I feel for Tuck on this one....

It is impossible to play even competitive high school football with an injury.

I was always a very solid football player because I was wreckless and jumped in the action. I was everywhere on the field, always causing havock.

Then I dislocated my patella and tore my patella tendon and acl. I was never the same again. Always favored my knee. Always was in the back of my mind. The pain of having my knee dislodged was always ligering. I went from a fearless wreckless captain of our defense to a shell of my former self. Years of rehab later and my knee still isnt the same.

Football is a violent sport. Any slight hesitation will totally ruin you.... I am feeling for Tuck right now. He plays defense very similar to me. This causes injuries but makes you a feared leader on the field. Its awfully tough playing this game with any type of serious injury lingering. Trust me....

I said Tuck should sit weeks ago until he is fully healthy.... There is no point in throwing him out there if he isnt himself. An 80 percent Tuck becomes a very average to below average NFL player. Same can be said for every NFL great. 80% of even the best players in the NFL means very average at best. They are all too good for injuries not to play a huge affect on players ability to perform...

Tuck is not playing well. I am hurting for him... It sucks watching him suck. It sucks seeing him so down. He was a very good player, (never a Strahan great), but always very good.

Unfortunately Tuck at 80% or so isnt the same as Tuck at 100%.

He hasnt been 100% for a long time, and knowing the nature of football, may never be that same guy again...

Its sad but its true. There is a reason he was around in round 3.... Guy has always been wreckless with his body on the field. I always loved him for it before. I always saw this day eventually coming. Its sad, but its football.

chizz
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
yeah tuck needs some anti depressions

Buto
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM

That was when I said bench him and leave him there. He is not in the game mentally as he's worried about being hurt. You can't play in the NFL with that mindset.

You're right, His head is not in the game he is worried about his injuries and he's playing tentatively.
Those are the perfect conditions needed to make something terrible happen to him or to someone else.

Roosevelt
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Tuck is all about talk now. He plays with no pride.

Mr Excitement
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Listening to him now on Francesca...he sounds like he doesn't give a rats patoot...

TheEnigma
11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
At least Tuck is still good at those Subway commercials.

GameTime
11-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Anyone see Tuck reaction on the play where he missed the sack, and Brees eventually rolled out and made that ridiculous play? Tuck didn't get back up, just sulked and laid on the ground for 10 seconds. It was SAD.</P>

I noticed that and was totally pissed when I saw it. I talked about that a few times today with some friends at work....</P>

myles2424
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm so disgraced to have his jersey right now I'm ready to buy a JPP or Cruz jersey......I'm sick of this take it easy, anything goes, getting our *** kicked & guys like tuck on the sidelines looking like they'd rather be home,no heart,non leader type guys on this team.......this team needs to cut a lot of fat & evaluate guys leadership and heart when it comes to the draft ,rather than just upside & character...

RoanokeFan
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Well played

RoanokeFan
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm so disgraced to have his jersey right now I'm ready to buy a JPP or Cruz jersey......I'm sick of this take it easy, anything goes, getting our *** kicked &amp; guys like tuck on the sidelines looking like they'd rather be home,no heart,non leader type guys on this team.......this team needs to cut a lot of fat &amp; evaluate guys leadership and heart when it comes to the draft ,rather than just upside &amp; character...

Have a JPP and waiting for the Cruz now

RoanokeFan
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Anyone see Tuck reaction on the play where he missed the sack, and Brees eventually rolled out and made that ridiculous play? Tuck didn't get back up, just sulked and laid on the ground for 10 seconds. It was SAD.</p>

I noticed that and was totally pissed when I saw it. I talked about that a few times today <font color="#0000FF">with some friends</font> at work....</p>

Both of them? [;)]

RoanokeFan
11-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Tuck is all about talk now. He plays with no pride.

Sad, but accurate.

MikeSherrard
12-03-2011, 11:59 AM
It is so obvious that this guy is on the field giving his all but is injured! You might want to look up your definition of "playing with heart"

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM
he looks depressed

Tuck needs a bunch of trazadone right now...i think he looks really depressed.

appodictic
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
G

he looks depressed

Tuck needs a bunch of trazadone right now...i think he looks really depressed.

Good job on the montana clip! that is what the giants players need to remember tuck could have got a similar hit on brees and taken him out of that game. Last year we inured 8 qbs. Kenny phillips was the first guy last week to take someone out with a solid hard hit.

Play is not over to the whistle. Giants oline got eli strip sacked by giving up, giants D could have got to brees on that play, but didnt. That is the difference, nicks getting ushered out of bounds on 3rd/5 .

In high school football when teams play soft they do toughness drills. Maybe that is what the giants need. Play as bad as you want but at least play with heart until the whistle. After that roll out brees 'should' have had 6 guys collapsing on him.

BParcells777
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
You guys are piling on

Tuck is trying, he's injured..........he's one of eleven men out there

Give it a break.......he's not the 1st guy to wiff on a sack.....perhaps hes a bit frustrated with the whole defense which has become a passive D the last 3 games not an attacking D

Fewell decided to get cute and turned off the Blitz.....you cannot always turn it off and expect it to come right back

maybe it will come back this week

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
You guys are piling on

Tuck is trying, he's injured..........he's one of eleven men out there

Give it a break.......he's not the 1st guy to wiff on a sack.....perhaps hes a bit frustrated with the whole defense which has become a passive D the last 3 games not an attacking D

Fewell decided to get cute and turned off the Blitz.....you cannot always turn it off and expect it to come right back

maybe it will come back this week

He is NOT hurt, that;'s why we're "piling on", as you put it. He has given interviews in which he has said it's mental, not physical. He's afraid of further injury and that's made him lees of a player than he was. I can understand his being afraid, but then retire, get on IR, or ask to be benched as opposed to taking up space on the field.

nycisgreat
12-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I think he knows the end is near on this team, career, or both. Who knows what's up with him.

Isn't this a contract year for Tuck. I can't see any reason why the FO would offer him a big contract. He simply lousy this season.

giantfanatic
12-03-2011, 05:31 PM
It is so obvious that this guy is on the field giving his all but is injured!* You might want to look up your definition of "playing with heart"

Exactly. If it was about heart, the coaches would sit his butt. Let them make the call on heart.

Mod_C
12-03-2011, 05:35 PM
It is so obvious that this guy is on the field giving his all but is injured! You might want to look up your definition of "playing with heart"

Exactly. If it was about heart, the coaches would sit his butt. Let them make the call on heart.

You must not be reading what Tuck himself has been saying. He's afraid of <u>future injuries</u> and can't get it out of his head. THAT is what is making him ineffective. Read what he's said and then you will understand better.

logan9839
12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
It is so obvious that this guy is on the field giving his all but is injured!* You might want to look up your definition of "playing with heart"

You must not be reading what Tuck himself has been saying.* He's afraid of <u>future injuries</u> and can't get it out of his head.* THAT is what is making him ineffective.* Read what he's said and then you will understand better.

That does not mean he is playing without heart. It does mean his head is not where it needs to be. Me, I feel bad for Tuck. He has been a true blue player, and hope he can get out of this funk.

That said, if he can't get his head into the game, then they should consider benching him...

carlton5127@msn.com
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Ikeep telling you guys, " Tuck is Lazy " and probably needs to lose a couple pounds!

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I blame the coaching staff (Fewell) for the situation with Tuck.</P>

Tuck should be on the bench, and replaced by whoever is healthy.</P>

I have no clue how much of Tuck's issues are mental, v. physical. I'm guessing we find out after the season that he was seriously messed up.</P>