PDA

View Full Version : An amazing season

MikeIsaGiant
01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Through the ups and downs, this team was amazing to watch.

No matter what happens today, I'm proud of this team, and I'm proud to be apart of this awesome message board talking about this team.

If I was a lot older than i was, I probably would have suffered through many heart attacks throughout this season, but for me to be so young... it was damn worth all the heart pressure.

That being said, LET'S GO G-MEN, AND LET'S KICK SOME WHINER ***!!

DJloves
01-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I can't believe we're only one of four teams left!! So proud of these guys.

krygny
01-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Peaking at the right time.

zimonami
01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm on the other end of the spectrum, having watched the Gmen since '58. In all those years there are a few things that make a difference... effort, attitude, and talent. We had teams in the 70's, in those dark years, when we did have effort and attitude... but, not enough talent, especially at QB. You could NEVER accues the Defense of ever playing with anything but effort and attitude, and I've noted on here many times how our D used to get standing ovatiuons in the terrible years, even while we were losing.
This current team had talent, albeit it was hurt by injuries. I won't point fingers at effort. What we lacked in our losing games was attitude. The attitude changed when the DB's started to get together 3X a week after practice, trying to figure out what they could do to improve. They approached the coaches and asked for more Man coverage. It has made a big difference, especially for the rook, Prince, who was lost out there in zone coverage. Their improvement the last 3 games brought back some needed, old time Giant attitude.
We're playing against a team that also has those characteristics, so I think it will be a close game. But, getting this far is something we never anticipated after that last loss to the Skins. It's bonus time for all Giant fans, and we can be proud that they got their act together in time...so let's enjoy it and hope we get to that next step.

stormblue
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
it's house money.

all in.